[Drama 2022] Little Women ☘️ 작은 아씨들

Maetawinz

The mystery continues...

Director Shin was so scared when he saw the flower in HY's house. 

I wonder why he was killed because he didnt seem like a threat.

No matter if there will be romance or no, I like the chemistry between IJ and Doil on the screen.

He already realised how smart and brave she is.

I liked his little smile in the office scene 

Fbx6xyTUYAA11k_?format=jpg&name=360x360

Fbx6xyPUcAAjnCc?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I'm surprised this forum is not more full but i guess the others will catch up soon enough. I'm loving this drama so much! Watching a drama live like that is rare for me. I haven't done it since Crash Landing on you with my Binjin couple but i dont have a choice, this one got me! lol. I love the writing, the directing and the entire cast! Only 12 episodes though? i wonder why? perhaps they are already planning on season 2, i'm sure one season is not enough to wrap up such a twisted story! The show is already a hit and it's not all surprising! 

• Like 4

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

Little-Women-Its-Beautiful-Now.jpg?s=900

“Little Women” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “It’s Beautiful Now” Hits New All-Time High

Two dramas achieved their highest ratings yet last night!

On September 4, tvN’s new drama “Little Women” enjoyed a significant increase in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the series starring Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, Park Ji Hu, and Wi Ha Joon scored an average nationwide rating of 7.7 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

“Little Women” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “It’s Beautiful Now” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 4

Great cast.

I spent the opening parts of the drama totally confused, as I read it was an adaptation of the novel Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott (from the mid 1800s). Er...there are sisters and they are poor. I think that is the only similarity so far?? Personally I find the original LW to have no actual plot, plus the main pair that actually had chemistry randomly dropped it in the end and the guy married the wrong sister. So I have no problem if they give it a plot, and please make the chemistry line up with plot events and who gets who in the end. Adding in a mystery? Great! I'm  still a bit confused about all the parts and how they fit together, but it's promising.

• Like 2

Ok finished ep 2 and chills it’s so good!

On a level, it kept the social commentary about a woman’s place in society as in relation to her class. But it takes it up a notch re drama’s comments re being poor and judged by society and how it impacts the characters personally, especially with them having financially irresponsible parents - it gets it right re the relationship dynamics and why the sisters had this view of money since it symbolizes security and their dream of escaping poverty etc. That is why we see oldest sis using some of that money and considering to cover-up etc. 

I am seeing some connection to the OG Little Women, e.g., sisters relationship love + clashing, love interest that is a friend from childhood, rich great aunt, a journalist/writer etc. 

But I love how the writer has Kdrama-ed it by adding murder mysteries link to money laundry, political corruption + cover-up, and of course all the personal secrets and Korean social commentary etc. 

ah I knew the painting’s credit would get stolen; I wonder if the little sis knew all along and took the money for it. 

The cast is great. I really like everyone in their roles. KGE and NJH are realllly shining as the eldest two sisters. I like how up front they are with each other but I hope they can start telling each other the truth, including the little sis too. OJS is always incredible and he can take on ANY role and be convincing but his role was short! I also loved the SJK cameo in ep 2!! 

• Like 5

@jamy47 I don't think there will be a season 2. More and more dramas (specially those produced by Netflix) have episodes between 8 and 12 episodes. I like that because there are no lengths and I am often disappointed by the last episodes (I like the 16 ep of CLOY :wub:). Maybe the production chose 12 episodes to give us cliffhangers in each episode :D and that's excellent to keep the viewers addicted !

• Like 3

I loved it. I can't wait until next week.

I watched knowing nothing about the plot or the rest of the cast except the actresses for the three sisters and Wie Ha-jun. So it was a pleasure seeing Chu Ja-hyeon (YAY!!) and Oh Jeong-se (YAY!!) only for them to die off so quickly. NOOOO! Gone too soon.

Wow, people are dropping like flies, including that informant at the fish market. The sisters are in danger!

Also loved seeing Park Ji-yeong as the sisters' mother. Playing another bad lady? Yes, another bad lady! Her stone cold witch energy lives yet again! (She's not Marmee March from the original book, that's for sure.)

I just binge-watched both seasons of _Yumi's Cells_ recently, so everytime Kim Go-eun's voice warbles a little, I keep thinking, "Yumi, what does your Cheapskate Cell say about this bag of money? What does your Love Cell say about Wie Ha-jun? What does your Fashion Cell say about those blingy shoes?" Oh, I cannot quit _Yumi._

Anyway... it's great. Female-centric story with a female director. The last drama I loved (just yesterday) was _Anna._ Female-centric, female director. Pretty awesome!

• Like 5

Jung Seo Kyung is the mastermind as scriptwriter for this drama. She is frequent colaborator with director Park Chan Wook who always have genre and style for dark,violent,comedy,thriller and mystery Movies. Her latest work Decision to Leave (2022) are oscar and cannes caliber. Also she writes The Handmaiden which is kim tae ri debut role and have mindblowing story. All of her works usually story about woman /woman as lead roles.

so yeah lets see where the duet of vicenzo director and specialized thriller,mystery scriptwriter takes us to this rollercoaster drama.

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nam Ji Hyun And Kang Hoon Talk About Their Characters In “Little Women,” Their Thoughts On Relationships, And More

Nam Ji Hyun and Kang Hoon of the tvN drama “Little Women” joined Allure for a new pictorial and interview!

“Little Women” is about three sisters with a close bond who grew up in poverty. When they get swept up in a major incident, they are catapulted into a new world of money and power that is unlike anything they’ve known before – and wind up facing off against the wealthiest family in the nation. Kim Go Eun takes on the role as the eldest sister Oh In Joo, while Nam Ji Hyun plays middle sister Oh In Kyung, and Park Ji Hu plays youngest sister Oh In Hye. Kang Hoon portrays Ha Jong Ho, Oh In Kyung’s trusty childhood best friend who is hopelessly in love with her.

The interview began with Nam Ji Hyun expressing excitement for the pictorial with Kang Hoon. When asked about her role Oh In Kyung, the actress remarked, “Oh In Kyung works as a news reporter in the social affairs department. She has a very strong sense of justice, and she is really persistent to the extent that some people will wonder, ‘Why is she like that?’ From start to finish, she only runs in one direction. I find that very respectable.”

nam-ji-hyun3.jpeg

When asked about the relationship between the two characters Oh In Kyung and Ha Jong Ho, Nam Ji Hyun explained, “I think it’s a little more complicated than that of just friends. Each character has their own history, and that will be introduced about halfway through the series. Ha Jong Ho is from a rich family, whereas Oh In Kyung is from a poor family. Due to the complexity and other aspects that come from [their different backgrounds], they aren’t just childhood friends who can hang out with no strings attached.”

nam-ji-hyun2.jpeg

“Friends to lovers” is one of the clichés in romance dramas. When asked if this might be the case for her in the future, Nam Ji Hyun shared, “I’ve never been in a situation like that before, and I don’t think I’d want to become [lovers] if the person was really my best friend. However, I often think that it would be great if I can date someone who is like a friend. So if you ask me if I want a lover who is like a friend, the answer is, ‘Yes.’ But so far, I never dated someone who is a close friend of mine. Am I too harsh? Sadly there was no such case.”

Spoiler

nam-ji-hyun-2.jpeg

In the interview with Kang Hoon that followed, he discussed his ongoing projects. At the time of the interview, Kang Hoon had been filming for “Little Women” and “Some Day or One Day” at the same time. Soon, he will start filming another SBS drama, “Flower Scholar’s Love Story” (literal title), as a lead role. Kang Hoon shared his honest feelings about his busy schedule by saying, “I didn’t know things would turn out like this. Since this is my first time [filming several projects at the same time], I wonder, ‘Am I really having a hard time?’ I wonder if other [actors] feel the same.” He continued, “Even if I’m feeling a little tired and busy at the moment, I should be happy about it because I’ve had a really hard time waiting for the results of my auditions [in the past]. I always say, ‘Acting is so much fun, and I want to keep auditioning.’ Before, I never even had to be concerned about something like this.”

Spoiler

kang-hoon2.jpeg

Kang Hoon left a strong impression to the public through his role of Hong Deok Ro in “The Red Sleeve.” However, it has already been over 10 years since he debuted. The actor shared, “I was lucky enough to take part in a short film [in 2009], and I made my debut while winning an award for the project. But I consider myself to have debuted in 2015. Let’s just say that I started suffering from that time. (Laughs) [Hong Deok Ro in] “The Red Sleeve” was a role I really wanted to do from the moment I auditioned. I didn’t do very well at the audition, but I still really wanted to take on the role.”

When asked how he thinks he got the role, Kang Hoon replied, “The director said that he felt chills from my smile. Thanks to that, I felt like I found a new side of myself that I did not know. Hong Deok Ro is a character I love so much, and I thought of it as my last chance when I was acting, but I got very lucky.”

Spoiler

kang-hoon.jpeg

Kang Hoon was asked the same question of whether a “friends-to-lovers” relationship would be possible for him. The actor remarked, “I personally think that is not possible. In fact, I’ve seen a lot of cases where couples date within the same group but break up. I don’t have any experience myself, but from time to time, I do find it attractive when my close friend appears in a certain way. That is when I am at a crossroads of whether I want to shift toward love, or just think to myself, ‘Nah, I was mistaken for a moment.’ I think Ha Jong Ho is right at that point. Unrequited love begins as you develop feelings of love for a friend.”

Spoiler

Nam-Ji-Hyun_Kang-Hoon.jpeg

“Little Women” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Nam Ji Hyun And Kang Hoon Talk About Their Characters In “Little Women,” Their Thoughts On Relationships, And More | Soompi

• Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Little Women” Responds To Plagiarism Allegations Regarding Drama Poster

“Little Women” has addressed allegations of plagiarism regarding their drama poster.

The new tvN drama was recently accused of plagiarizing the poster of Shiseido, a cosmetic brand, for their own poster.

Little-Women-1-768x522.jpeg

In response, a producer of “Little Women” commented, “This poster is our teaser poster with the concept of three siblings and their shadows walking towards a bright place. It’s the making of the company in charge of [our] design after reviewing multiple works.”

They added, “In the future, we will pay even more meticulous attention through in-depth pre-reviews.”

“Little Women” stars Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu as three sisters who grew up in poverty, but get swept up in a major incident that catapults them into a new world of money and power. The drama airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9:10 p.m. KST.

“Little Women” Responds To Plagiarism Allegations Regarding Drama Poster | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Song Joong Ki Playfully Pretends To Join The Lively And Welcoming Set Of “Little Women” By Chance

tvN’s “Little Women” shared a new behind-the-scenes video!

“Little Women” is a new drama starring Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu as three sisters with a close bond who grew up in poverty. When they get swept up in a major incident, they are catapulted into a new world of money and power that is unlike anything they’ve known before—and wind up facing off against the wealthiest family in the nation.

Spoilers

The cast of “Little Women” are lively and full of laughter as they begin filming for the first two episodes of the show. While rehearsing the scene in which the three sisters discuss whether they can afford to send Oh In Hye (Park Ji Hu) on a school trip, Nam Ji Hyun jokes, “It must be so suffocating for In Hye.” Kim Go Eun adds, “Bring out the soju.”

Park Ji Young, who appears as the three siblings’ mother, shares, “I’m making a special appearance, and although I was supposed to appear for just two episodes, I might appear occasionally. I joined when filming was in full-swing, so I thought it would feel awkward, but my [on-screen] daughters welcomed me so much that I was able to film very comfortably.”

Despite the serious nature of the drama, the actors can’t help but smile and laugh in between filming. After Oh Jung Se pretends to get angry, he forgets his lines and awkwardly sits down in silence, making the entire set burst out in laughter. He apologizes when the ball he throws bounces back toward Kim Go Eun, who is unable to stop laughing.

Kim Go Eun also claps as Song Joong Ki joins the set for his special cameo. He asks, “Who’s appearing [on the show],” pretending to just be passing by the set by coincidence. Song Joong Ki remains playful throughout rehearsals, creating a lively atmosphere on set.

Check out the full making-of video below!

[메이킹] 언제 한 번 살아봤나... 싶은 찐자매 모먼트 (ft. 화려한 특별출연의 향연) # 작은 아씨들EP.1 #작은아씨들 EP.2 - YouTube

“Little Women” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Watch: Song Joong Ki Playfully Pretends To Join The Lively And Welcoming Set Of “Little Women” By Chance | Soompi

A couple of Knetz theories for fun:

Spoiler

1. Hwa-yeong is not dead. News report of her suicide said that she had plastic surgery a week before her death, which accounts for the corpse having a different face.

2. Hwa-yeong is In-ju's real sister. Birth secret!