[Drama 2022] Little Women ☘️ 작은 아씨들

Maetawinz

New Event :issohappy:

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

1 - Episode 4 has been hurting my heart left and right... :tears:

2 - Yay for Great Aunt saving the day (finally) 
3 - I understand that she is dealing with a serious illness, but In Hye's mindset is soooo daaaark and defeated, it keeps bringing all the moods down the moment there's a glimmer of hope. Not sure how much longer i can watch the show: It's becoming too dickinsonian for me...

4- Me:facepalm: 
Why? See below.
In Joo to In Kyung (fake dialog, this is my summary): I've seen people I know die for being around the wrong people, and doing what I am about to do. I will go ahead and do something not really legal involving those bad people, then I will live a happy life, and buy everything I want...
Me to In Joo: but... wasn't your best friend just killed for trying to deal with that thing?? :blink:

shirt laundry GIF

Spoiler

In Joo: If you can't keep 2 billion won safe (and you lost them so easily), how are you also not going to lose the 4 ledgers and the 70 billion?

5 - In Joo has a sweet, innocent smile and face. She looks naive, but I bet she is not. I hope we start seeing her think two steps ahead, now that she has a better picture of who's who and of what is going on.

6- Could the ships start sailing, pleaaase? :issohappy:

• Like 3

First of all what a show, and what a Pleasure to watch this show. This is how complex plot is executed simply and Mystically. Hats off.

My review EP 1-4

This is not presented as a mystery it isn't a mystery its a psychological tandem where you know who the boss is but its a game of being in the system and defying and accepting the system based on how you should live and want to Live.
Money is the root cause of Happiness and Evil. Love often wont make one stay , Pure intentions often wont be enough for survival, Physical Stress and Pain are real even if you appear innocent and weird. 

These 3 sisters have traumas, childhood, and being poor societal pressure traumas, one chooses to act ditsy to hide it, one  suppressed it, one lets it out and is essentially numb but appears selfish. At the end We all survive in our own way.

The great Aunt is a Older version of In Kyung and In Hye , she just shooshed her real self who is In Ju. When she said she never hated and children but specially In Ju , I genuinely felt here she is annoyed by In Ju because she can read Great Aunt's inner mind. InK  is mostly unaware unless she is really focusing but InJ is 10x more perceptive of feelings around her. The scene was Intense .This show gut punches you at places For real with its dialogs too.

All the actors are good.

What makes me go clap clap this time for KGE is not her acting via eyes, but her body posture, the way she just emulates the pain sometimes , weather during being sexually harassed, doing Yoga , being giddy or being assaulted is Mind-blowing.
She chose to do the latter 3 on her own accord because In ju has burdens beyond Moral compass.
Her choice of partner was wrong but that was also a form of escapism from the monetary misery.
Her sister In Kyung is drunk and suppresses her feelings and is righteous and shows Money wont solve everything. Also her punchlines are the best. Nam JiHyun is a new discovery and is my fav character after Great Aunt.
Choi Il Do confuses me the most, he wants to deceive In Ju or protect her is a ?? & that's what makes him annoyingly mysterious. He isn't the main character he is the navigator of In Ju's story. Hwa Young may have paved the path but In J doesn't know how to drive on it.

Also If you miss one scene of the show you loose out on the entire cinematic effect and the plot this story has which is super easy and intricate at the same time. And its never gets boring to their credit yet. 

Mystery stories you don't know the bad guy is here we know who it is but question is do you want to reveal or protect them? That is probably its best past. Hope they keep up the same thing in rest episodes.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

24 minutes ago, madmad min said:

The great Aunt is a Older version of In Kyung and In Hye , she just shooshed her real self who is In Ju. When she said she never hated and children but specially In Ju , I genuinely felt here she is annoyed by In Ju because she can read Great Aunt's inner mind. InK  is mostly unaware unless she is really focusing but InJ is 10x more perceptive of feelings around her. The scene was Intense .This show gut punches you at places For real with its dialogs too.

I agree , She said those exact words , I don’t hate children just you. But In Joo still stated the Facts. SHE FELT A LOT OF GUILT SINCE HEE NEPHEWS CHILD DIED. Then she went to insult her by saying “ Helping them will help her sleep better” Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

• Like 4

Me and ep 4 - overall, it’s better than ep 3

Spoiler

-Episodes 3+4 writing has been so full of inconsistencies and illogical holes

-They firmly state the blue orchid is poisonous and the rich Mrs tells little sis this fact but then the little sis sniffs it anyways lol and she sits there to draw too (ugh!!!). Pfff at her lying that it is because of the exams

- Ah they use an illness to reunite the sisters - at least I hope so

- Mysterious guy works for the bad guy!?!?! 

- OMG - the bad guys just went and got their money back just like that?!? Lol

- Poor older sister tried to beg and let that women beat her up for whattt?! UGHHH so frustrated 

- Older sis has good intentions but to be pawns of the Parks is not it!!!

Like her friend Ms Director guy were just murdered!!!

- Oh Yey Great Aunt to the rescue!!

- Little sis is too selfish and mean OMG so wait the orchid allows ppl to sometimes communicate with ghosts? Like how little sis heard her dead baby sis telling to get away from the Parks but misunderstanding that it is her own family?

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

There are extreme reactions for this serial now. 

There are detractors who think that the characters (especially In Joo and In Hye) are too naive to be true and their actions are not reasonable (i.e. carrying around the backpack containing 2 billion won on public transport). 

The lack of romance is also bemoaned by some.

But I notice that many (like me) love the show for its cinematography, intriguing plots, and realistic portrayal of the gap between the have and have-nots in Korea. I have another reason to love Episode 4 - it features the place that I go to everyday in Singapore :) (Hint: the university featured at the end of it).

Both thereviewgeek.com and readysteadycut.com's review of Episodes 3 & 4 are very high (4.5 to 5 out of 5). This coincides with my own rating as I was simply blown away by the storyline and I kept saying "What???", especially when it features the university out of the blue :) 

Quoting from readysteadycut.com: "After a packed first week filled to the brim with thoughtful detail, expectations will have no doubt been high for the next instalments of Little Women. In that regard, Episode Three sustains the momentum, continuing the commitment to gripping storytelling that anchors the excellent acting on display. 

Like yesterday’s offering, Episode Four is seamlessly thought out, excelling in its thoughtful storytelling. Here, we get to find out more about the mysterious blue orchids ever present in the story, while also having the characters develop by thrusting them into unfamiliar situations. To echo sentiments expressed yesterday, if this show keeps up its momentum and excitement, there’s no reason it won’t be considered one of the year’s finest efforts."

I am also looking forward to the scenes in Singapore - I knew the crew went filming here and they were on the news many times!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

I mean I am still invested in this drama as I think it has its strength: great cast, acting, cinematography, innovative adaptation, social commentary about Asian social class. The strengths outweigh the weakness but I guess slightly disappointed since it quality dropped compared to first two episodes. 

The weaknesses are relatively minor but annoying — it’s weak writing re characters, some plot/action, and dialogues. It is true that the 3 siblings’ characters are way too naive and it made the show less realistic compared to the first two episodes.
Also many small illogical holes in dialogue/plot (e.g., in addition to carry the cash in big noticeable backpack, the whole window escape, the poisonous orchid, and if my friend and former director were just murdered would I let my little teen sister that I love more than life be any where near potential people related to the company?? Especially when their employee beat me up for asking for help?!?) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, Park Ji Hu, And More Keep The Atmosphere Light While Filming Serious Scenes For “Little Women”

“Little Women” has shown off the cast’s chemistry in a new making video!

tvN’s “Little Women” is a new drama starring Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu as three sisters with a close bond who grew up in poverty. When all three of them become entangled with one of the nation’s wealthiest families, they are catapulted into a new world of money and power that is unlike anything they’ve known before.

The clip opens with Wi Ha Joon tap dancing as Kim Go Eun responds with surprise, “What can’t you do?” They quickly put the jokes aside and start rehearsing, before Kim Go Eun teases Wi Ha Joon about his suit being too tight.

For the next scene, Uhm Ki Joon, Park Ji Hu, and more are shown trying to stay warm while filming outside. The director sits with Park Ji Hu and gives her a detailed explanation about her character’s emotions.

Even while sitting at the top of a tall pole, Nam Ji Hyun appears unbothered as she looks over her script. After rehearsals, she carefully comes down on a wire and a staff member asks if she’s usually okay with heights. Nam Ji Hyun responds, “What’s funny is that in each of my projects, there is always one [climbing scene]. Somehow, I’ve become extremely used to hanging down from things.”

Later, Kim Go Eun, Uhm Ji Won, and Park Ji Hu film at the hospital where Kim Go Eun’s character learns of her younger sister’s health secret. The next scene captures Kim Go Eun’s determination to pay for her sister’s surgery fees as she gets on her knees. Despite how tense the scene is, the cast and crew are full of laughs during rehearsals.

When the three sisters Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu reunite for a solemn scene, Nam Ji Hyun lightens up the set atmosphere after by making jokes. The director then hilariously points out Park Ji Hu’s blank expression, highlighting the generation gap between the three actresses.

Watch the full making clip below and check out the next episode of “Little Women” on September 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Watch: Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, Park Ji Hu, And More Keep The Atmosphere Light While Filming Serious Scenes For “Little Women” | Soompi

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Yinye said:

Also many small illogical holes in dialogue/plot (e.g., in addition to carry the cash in big noticeable backpack, the whole window escape, the poisonous orchid, and if my friend and former director were just murdered would I let my little teen sister that I love more than life be any where near potential people related to the company?? Especially when their employee beat me up for asking for help?!?) 

Things have to be fictionalized to some extent, the point of Inju allowing In Hye to be friends with the Park Family after getting beatings for asking for money which was not hers to begin with , there is a symbiotic relationship here:

1. In Ju is not without her guilts and she is the one causing all the intricate mess where the sisters cant get out clean 

2. If she outright said no first, then In hye wouldn't really listen to her because lack of explanation (I mean In Hye could care less about the Political humdrum and mass murder Not Proven Yet)

3. second the Parents don't appear harmful to her visibly Yet infact they have only tried to help her in public and her viewpoint.

4. Also it was  In Ju wanted the money no matter what the Money for In Hye's treatment so she chose to get beaten and then saw how Mrs Park protected her and offered her a Job again Not harmful , so it was a win-win situation and Priority at the moment.

Desperation Drives The Life overriding Moral Compass.

In Ju's desperation drives the entire storyline so for her the burdens are more prevalent over Money and Morals and no one is getting harmed except her so she is fine with it.

The one thing I would Like to point out is she could have asked her Great Aunt for help but that meant too many questions , Great aunt already offered her the house which SHe cannot buy anymore so that would open a Pandora's box which In Ju wanted to avoid.

• Like 3

Little Women rank #7 on Netflix official top 10 most-watched TV shows (Non-English) for 2nd week of Sept. The drama is watched for  total 9.970.000 hours, entering top 10 in 12 countries.

[NEWS] Gooddata rankings for the 2nd week of September
#KIMGOEUN at no. 1
#LittleWomen at no. 1
Congratulations, Team Little Women!

How Will Things Change Between Kim Go Eun and Wi Ha Jun in ‘Little Women’?

Hana Lee 

kim-go-eun-wi-ha-joon-scaled.jpg

The fourth episode of tvN’s Little Women had Wi Ha Jun saving Kim Go Eun from trouble.

In the latest episode, Oh In Ju (played by Kim Go Eun) lost $1.5 million to politician Park Jae Sang (Um Ki Joon). However, she told him that she was ready to get beaten if she could receive $72,654 to cover her sister Oh In Hye’s (Park Ji Hoo) medical bill. When she was almost beaten to death, Choi Do Il (Wi Ha Jun) appeared to save her.

Wi Ha Joon appeared every time Kim Go Eun was in danger, with a calm voice and controlled gestures. He has perfectly pulled off the character who comes to rescue her and is playing a crucial role in making the show more immersive and wild. From the third episode, Wi Ha Joon made many viewers’ hearts flutter as he showcased subtle tension and romance between his character and Oh In Ju, and the slight change of feelings between the two kept viewers on the edge of their seats. For instance, when In Ju was grieving the sudden death of Director Shin (Oh Jung Se), Do Il comforted her by saying, “Think of it as an act of kindness,” showing his kind yet deadly charm.

He also told her everything that Jin Hwa Young (Choo Ja Hyun) did after discovering that she lived in Singapore for three years, and that she had bought a house and car under the name of Oh in Ju. Plus, he immediately gave her a heads up as soon as he figured that Hwa Young had transferred $50.8 million of slush fund into In Ju’s account.

Viewers are left wondering how the relationship between Do Il and In Ju will change as he seems to have become her Prince Charming, who comes to help her from every possible angle.

https://www.mymusictaste.com/news/how-will-things-change-between-kim-go-eun-and-wi-ha-jun-in-little-woman,5280/

• Like 3

I am watching this drama because I love the 2 main actresses. However my conclusion is the drama is morally ambiguous even for the main characters. Any issue..fall back on rescues by random person with the most money. So I am not surprise the young people watching the drama thinking money is the root of all solutions..whoever holds the money..it doesn't matter. I love the reveal each week but I am not happy with the lesson. Even if the main characters won in the end..they would have gambled their souls.

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun Becomes Uhm Ji Won’s Assistant As Her Sisters Dig Deep Into Her Family’s Secrets On “Little Women”

tvN’s “Little Women” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming fifth episode!

“Little Women” is a new drama starring Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu as three sisters with a close bond who grew up in poverty. When all three of them become entangled with one of the nation’s wealthiest families, they are catapulted into a new world of money and power that is unlike anything they’ve known before.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Little Women,” Oh In Joo (Kim Go Eun) was shocked to learn that Won Sang Ah (Uhm Ji Won) had been close to Jin Hwa Young (Chu Ja Hyun) before her death. Just as Jin Hwa Young had done before her, Won Sang Ah approached Oh In Joo and offered to help her.

However, that wasn’t the only surprise in store for Oh In Joo. At the end of the episode, Choi Do Il (Wi Ha Joon) revealed he’d found out that Jin Hwa Young had been using Oh In Joo’s name in Singapore for the past three years—and that before her death, she had deposited the 70 billion won (approximately $50.1 million) slush fund in a bank account in Oh In Joo’s name.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Oh In Joo has accepted Won Sang Ah’s offer and taken a job as her personal assistant. Dressed primly in a formal suit, Oh In Joo has now become the second Oh sister—following Oh In Hye (Park Ji Hu)—to carve out a place for herself in the Won residence.

Kim-Go-Eun-1-2-1536x1024.jpeg

As Oh In Joo becomes further entangled with Won Sang Ah, her younger sisters get closer to the truth behind the deadly “ghost orchids” that the family is secretly growing. Sporting a disguise, Oh In Kyung (Nam Ji Hyun) manages to get into the Won greenhouse to investigate the orchids from up close.

Meanwhile, Oh In Hye also returns to the secret room together with Park Hyo Rin (Jeon Chae Eun), raising the question of what she might learn about the flowers from her new friend.

Nam-Ji-Hyun-4-1536x1024.jpeg

Spoiler

Jeon-Chae-Eun-Park-Ji-Hu-1536x1024.jpeg

To find out what secrets the three sisters will uncover at the Won family residence, catch the next episode of “Little Women” on September 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Kim Go Eun Becomes Uhm Ji Won’s Assistant As Her Sisters Dig Deep Into Her Family’s Secrets On “Little Women” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun Describes Her “Little Women” Character, Shares Praise For Co-Stars Nam Ji Hyun And Park Ji Hu, And More

Kim Go Eun is the gorgeous cover model of Marie Claire Korea’s October issue!

As Chanel’s ambassador, Kim Go Eun teamed up with the luxury brand to style lovely fall and winter looks in her new pictorial. In the following interview, the actress spoke about her new drama “Little Women” where she plays Oh In Joo, the eldest of three sisters and an ordinary accountant who unexpectedly finds herself involved in the disappearance of a 70 billion won (approximately $52.2 million) slush fund.

“I’m a big fan of writer Jung Seo Kyung and director Kim Hee Won,” Kim Go Eun shared of the veteran hitmakers behind “Little Women.” “That’s why there was no reason to turn down an appearance. The script was also incredibly fun.”

Kim-Go-Eun-4-1.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun-1-3-1229x1536.jpeg

To describe her character Oh In Joo, Kim Go Eun commented, “In a numbers fight, she’s the only character who doesn’t use her brain and instead acts transparently, confronting things with her body. Although it appears like she’s being swept away somewhere, she actually moves forward being more firm than anyone else.”

Despite only being a few episodes in, viewers of “Little Women” have already been praising the tense progression, detailed storyline, and ensemble chemistry between on-screen sisters Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu. Kim Go Eun confidently remarked, “It’s important to show your best, but I believe that an ensemble arises when you watch, listen, and respond to each other.”

She then praised her co-stars sharing, “Ji Hu is an incredibly bold person. It’s easy to withdraw when you’re faced with a scary situation or a situation that doesn’t happen the way you wanted it to, but it was cool to watch Ji Hu say, ‘Ah, I don’t know,’ and just do it.” Kim Go Eun added, “Also, Ji Hyun is like a big boat. It appears to be moving calmly, but within that, there’s an incredibly strong person. That’s why I was able to act with trust.”

Spoiler

Kim-Go-Eun-2-1-1229x1536.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun-3-1-1257x1536.jpeg

Kim Go Eun concluded her interview sharing, “I think being an actor is a career where you have to endlessly doubt yourself. You have to be vigilant about the moment you believe you are right and consider that to be the most dangerous.”

Catch more of Kim Go Eun’s interview and pictorial in Marie Claire Korea’s upcoming issue and watch the next episode of “Little Women” on September 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Kim Go Eun Describes Her “Little Women” Character, Shares Praise For Co-Stars Nam Ji Hyun And Park Ji Hu, And More | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nam Ji Hyun Is Wary Of Wi Ha Joon As He And Kim Go Eun Get Closer In “Little Women”

Get ready for Nam Ji Hyun to go into protective mode over her older sister on tvN’s “Little Women”!

“Little Women” is a new drama starring Kim Go Eun, Nam Ji Hyun, and Park Ji Hu as three sisters with a close bond who grew up in poverty. When all three of them become entangled with one of the nation’s wealthiest families, they are catapulted into a new world of money and power that is unlike anything they’ve known before.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Little Women,” Oh In Joo (Kim Go Eun) learned from Choi Do Il (Wi Ha Joon) that before her death, Jin Hwa Young (Chu Ja Hyun) had used Oh In Joo’s name for three years as an alter ego in Singapore. On top of that, Jin Hwa Young had deposited the 70 billion won (approximately $50.1 million) slush fund in a bank account in Oh In Joo’s name. After hearing this shocking news, Oh In Joo declared that she was heading to Singapore.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Oh In Kyung (Nam Ji Hyun) takes notice of Choi Do Il as he begins spending more time around her older sister. When she happens to see them together at night, Oh In Kyung immediately races over to the duo and wraps a protective arm around Oh In Joo. Although she tries to wear a friendly smile as she scrutinizes Choi Do Il, her body language and the fierce glint in her eye reveal just how wary she is of this new stranger.

Meanwhile, Choi Do Il returns Oh In Kyung’s distrustful gaze with a seemingly amused smile. With neither side backing down, it remains to be seen where this tense encounter between Oh In Joo’s younger sister and her new partner in crime will lead.

The producers of “Little Women” teased, “With her new goal of [heading to] Singapore, Oh In Joo and Choi Do Il’s relationship will become closer. Oh In Kyung notices this and starts to pay attention to Choi Do Il. The story that comes to light during this process will be an entertaining one.”

Kim-Go-Eun-Wi-Ha-Joon-1536x1024.jpeg

Nam-Ji-Hyun-Kim-Go-Eun-1536x1024.jpeg

Spoiler

Wi-Ha-Joon-3-1536x1024.jpeg

The next episode of “Little Women” will air on September 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Nam Ji Hyun Is Wary Of Wi Ha Joon As He And Kim Go Eun Get Closer In “Little Women” | Soompi

Looks like the girls' great aunt is connected to Jae Sang and the elusive blue orchid..

"Can't you both just date already!?" I laughed hard at that as those were my exact thoughts ha-ha! 

As always all that glitters ain't gold as seen with Jae Sang's family. I'm shocked at In Hye's acting so blase on the whole thing. All she cares is goin' abroad and gettin' into art school.

Do Il is so suspicious LoL... So does this mean Jae Sang was havin' an affair with Hwa Young? And it looks like wifey got preggers from her "trip". Ugh messy.. messy.. 

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

while “Little Women” remained first place in its time slot across all cable channels with a nationwide average of 7.0 percent.

“Little Women” also reached its highest ratings yet among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, taking first place in its time slot across all channels (including public broadcast networks) with a nationwide average of 3.4 percent.

“Big Mouth” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

Ep 5 thoughts

Spoiler

- The girls laughing at the fake documentary was an interesting scene. Like the psycho intentionally gave his daughter a panic attack to call the mom back?! Maybe little sis can now get a clue that being rich isn’t the cure all. This family is so messed up.

- Mr Choi - I am glad that IJ is not trusting him so completely but I can feel her resistance is fading because of feelings 

- The whole General Won and the Blue Orchid history is a bit slow but some good intel was caught

- I caught myself dozing off for bit since this episode is slower and focusing on some back and side stories of characters I don’t care about

- ok things pick up with the sisters finally talking and sharing info. 

- Hyo-Ron’s painting with the women in red shoes and now getting the dash cam. Ahh affair between dad and the dead friend?? So it is either him or his wife that killed her. Wait if they are all watching the video in the garage - it means that the bad guys will know they’ve seen the clip

- IK can be so rash and she’ll end up a target for sure 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1