[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

~ "..because you are my hope~"

~ ".. and I want more for you~"

Oh my gosh those words just made me feel so many many butterflies eheheh.. Ji Woong too LoL. These guys got so much game eh LoL? 

However, it seem the otp might not have a happy ending as Hee Do's daughter know nothin' 'bout Yi Jin or sound like she's close or familiar with him..?

I liked Hee Do's spunky spirit. The way she handled that bully senior ha-ha! And she outrun the cyclist with thugs too; all that training from coach paid off.

She mastered the choreo that was fun LoL. And ugh Yoo Rim. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

I don't think Kim Min-Chae is Na Hee-Do's biological daughter. I have a theory that she's Ko Yo-Rim's daughter and Hee-Do adopted her after she died.

In 2021, Hee-Do and her mom was talking about YiJin and how she met him recently then she transition into talking about Yo-Rim and how it looked like Hee-Do were close back in the photo but Hee-Do states that it was a time when she absolutly hated her. Is the drama telling us that she no longer hates her? Why talk about Yo-Rim so suddenly? 

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

Aaaah Heedo and Yijin just bring a smile to my face. Their scenes are so beautiful. Just their friendship, the way they support each other. He gives her food for thought, she gives him laughter. 

One of my favourite moments this episode is, when they use one shoe together as her slipper broke :D 

I can't wait until they get together!  I'm just scared of what will happen in 1 year as synopsis says that they will hurt each other. I'm guessing it's something about circumstances tearing them apart? 

And what happened to him in 2021/future? Well, we know he lives, and there probably isn't enmity. Heedo and her mum didn't look torn up about Yijin, but Heedo certainly looked hesitant. Her daughter doesn't know who Yijin is, except perhaps through the diaries as she had a secretive smile on her lips.

I have to say this cinematography is breathtaking. The colors pop up from screen, so vivid that one forgets that this is in the past. The colors are deliberately intense, making the scenes, emotions equally intense. 

I was quite surprised Yurim was the chatfriend. I actually hoped it was her mum, lol. 

46 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I don't think Kim Min-Chae is Na Hee-Do's biological daughter. I have a theory that she's Ko Yo-Rim's daughter and Hee-Do adopted her after she died. 

when did they say yurim died? 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, agenth said:

They haven't but I have a feeling that she did. 

-----

Also, are we certain that the narration of the journal from Episode 1 is Hee-Do's voice? Is it just me, or does it sound like Yo-Rim?  The narration doesn't even match what actually happened a few seconds later in that episode. She didn't wake up early on Saturday to meet "that kid". She rushed out of her house to go to school. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5

42 minutes ago, agenth said:

One of the theories. 

It seems the production is trying to make us curious about the current time and hoping that we will keep on watching to get the answer.  However, indirectly it also makes the viewers "nervous" to spend their precious time watching the future episodes.

My heart...

Another precious info from Zero

Credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

I want a happy ending for our OTP!!!! They are just so cute together. I can’t take another ambiguous ending after The Red Sleeves.  Sadly, they don’t seem to be together! Episode 4 is heart fluttering. I smiled like a fool towards the end too. Is their relationship changing? It seems that BYJ is falling in love with our heroine. Next Saturday feels like an eternity away! ❤️

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, agenth said:

can't wait until they get together!  I'm just scared of what will happen in 1 year as synopsis says that they will hurt each other. I'm guessing it's something about circumstances tearing them apart? 

From the long preview, I think BYJ would move to somewhere else? Probably reunite to his family? Knowing his personality, I hope it would be only little missunderstanding or he had to move for his family since BYJ already had promise with his father to reunite, not something serious, because after they meet again at 25 21 and they confirm their love

About the ending since everyone talks about it, I might sound too positive but I like the theory that KMC isnt NHD's biological child, since we had 5 friends together who are VERY close, it possible that KMC is one of NHD's squad child.

Because I still can't see why BYJ and NHD couldn't be together, they are each other first love, they are each other 'youth', build their dreams and achieve it together, they persue happiness together. . I'm sure their bond is too strong to be apart then married with other person. Our first 4 eps so far are good, I dont think they will ruin it in the end like that, its not that this drama is melo or makjang either. I hope in the last eps BYJ would reunite with NHD and become happy ending. 

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Also, are we certain that the narration of the journal from Episode 1 is Hee-Do's voice? Is it just me, or does it sound like Yo-Rim?  The narration doesn't even match what actually happened a few seconds later in that episode. She didn't wake up early on Saturday to meet "that kid". She rushed out of her house to go to school. 

I thought Hee-do talked about Yu-rim by saying "that kid". It was an ambiguous move from the writer to let us eager to see what "boy" she was excited to see, only to end up being a "girl" instead (her idol). At least, that's what I thought when watching ep1.

Based on the synopsis, there won't be large time-skips, at least during their youths. They keep meeting every year until falling in love. There's no major time skip from 22-18 years old to 25-21 years old (as they will hurt each other at 23-19 years old and rely on each other at 24-20 years old). So, I doubt Yi-jin will live with his parents and keep out of sight from Hee-do (moreover, he'll work as a reporter and she'll be at the national fencing team, which means they will keep crossing paths with one another).

I love the theory that Hee-do adopted the girl from a close friend. The writer and director are trolling us with that present-day narrative. But if it's truly a sad ending, then they will ruin a wonderful drama that could've been perfect.

• Like 8
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, mizv said:

WHO is the Father!!!l

hope this answer doesn’t drag on till the end… this is driving me nuts already.

I think they are doing the same as seen in the Answer Me/Reply series, but instead of the husband guessing game it's the father guessing game :sweats:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Kathia said:

I thought Hee-do talked about Yu-rim by saying "that kid". It was an ambiguous move from the writer to let us eager to see what "boy" she was excited to see, only to end up being a "girl" instead (her idol). At least, that's what I thought when watching ep1.

Based on the synopsis, there won't be large time-skips, at least during their youths. They keep meeting every year until falling in love. There's no major time skip from 22-18 years old to 25-21 years old (as they will hurt each other at 23-19 years old and rely on each other at 24-20 years old). So, I doubt Yi-jin will live with his parents and keep out of sight from Hee-do (moreover, he'll work as a reporter and she'll be at the national fencing team, which means they will keep crossing paths with one another).

I love the theory that Hee-do adopted the girl from a close friend. The writer and director are trolling us with that present-day narrative. But if it's truly a sad ending, then they will ruin a wonderful drama that could've been perfect.

Thats a nice theory! 

I assume that he would move from this

spacer.png

spacer.png

BYJ and his brother riding truck, I assume that they would move to his parents and reunite again as family, and BYJ looks really sad and gloomy. If they only want to visit their parents then they should riding bus/train not truck, but it could be something else (them not moving) 

Actually that's really nice if BYJ will become sport reporter and NHD become national fencer so they can keep meeting as profesional and in same work field. Because they can't keep meeting at bookstore since NHD already becoming adult and busy and BYJ also has big jump progress on his carreer

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Meanwhile, “Twenty Five, Twenty One” also achieved its highest ratings yet with its own fourth episode, which took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with a nationwide average of 8.8 percent. Additionally, the drama continued to take first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average nationwide rating of 4.6 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/forecasting-love-and-weather-and-twenty-five-twenty-one-ratings-continue-to-rise-with-each-new-episode/#ixzz7LUU2K1YQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, Yinye said:

I just finished ep 2 and I am glad they addressed the fall out of the financial crisis using Yi Jin’s character. It was very hard to watch him promise those men that he would never be happy again. 

I’m now watching ep 3 and yes, I think mommy Hee Do isn’t the right actress - something is off and I think it’s that we can’t see young Hee Do in this actress’s portrayal. 

For me, it starts with the voice. Kim Tae Ri has a deeper alto-ish voice. The actress playing older Hee Do has a voice that's rather nasally and lispy.

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

~ "..because you are my hope~"

~ ".. and I want more for you~"

Not for nothing, a better and more accurate translation would have been "I keep wanting to be greedy."

While Yi Jin could have possibly meant that he wants more for Hee Do, it is far more likely that he was talking about himself -- that he is permitted to chase his dreams despite his family's bankruptcy. This is also book-ended by the guy sitting next to him during that job interview saying that he will continue to live chasing his dream even when he gets old.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Having watched 4 episodes, I am enjoying this drama. The acting by almost everyone has been great, the visuals are beautiful and this has been a very well directed drama so far. 

I didn't really expect Yu Rim to be Hee Do's chat buddy here, I thought the obvious, for it to be Yi Jin. It would have been interesting if like @agenth Chingu thought the mother would be the chat buddy. But still, it is interesting how they are chat buddies and are not really on good terms in RL currently. 

I love how Na Hee Do is so cheerful and free spirited despite having kind of failed as a fencer (since she was hailed as prodigy fencer), not really having RL friends and she does not really seem to be close with her mother as well. She could have been totally opposite in personality just because of one of the reasons I mentioned above, and still is such a positive person. So she really needs to be praised for this. At the same time, it is really good to see her having new good friends in the new school. 

They have already shown this, and heavily hinted this. But stating the obvious, the fact that Hee Do has come to terms with having her dreams not come true, and does not really care if she loses again in the upcoming tournament, means she is ready to do her despite while not really thinking much about the outcome. The fear of the outcome is what affects the performance a lot, and I don't think it will be the case for Hee Do. 

While having a bright and cheerful personality, another thing I really love about Hee Do has been the fact that she passes on her positive attitude to the people around her. Yi Jin seems to forget his issues whenever he is around her, and it is not because he has feelings for her yet. I don't think he has them for now, they are close friends, yes, and Hee Do's ways of turning "Tragedy into Comedy" or dealing with problems seems to really work for him whenever he is with her during his not so good times. 

Yi Jin is very mature and reasonable for his age too. It could actually be because of what he has gone through over the years with his family going bankrupt and he taking the responsibility of at least his brother who lives with their aunt. But it is very good to see him being very reasonable around Hee Do and also others. Like I really liked how he actually managed the situation in the bookstore when he had promised to give the Full House V12 to Yu Rim, but decided to give it to Hee Do when both were forcing him to choose, not because Hee Do was closer friend to him or he liked her, but because she was the member of the bookstore and he had to prioritize to give her the book.

Or when FL mistook his father to be another creditor because of which Yi Jin nearly missed meeting him. He could have been angry on her for assuming things without checking, or just vent out his anger on her soon after seeing the letter since she was like just there. But we did see he didn't really blame her for it. I strongly believe he would have been the same even if he wouldn't be able to see her father too.

The only issue I have had so far is with the writing of the 2nd FL maybe. I don't really understand her hate for Hee Do. Initially they kind of showed it to be because Hee Do seemed to be from a rich family thanks to her branded shoes that the coach was wearing, later we see that Hee Do had defeated her long ago in a tournament, and went on to win it. At that point, she didn't really know Hee Do is also close with Yi Jin, so I am not really going to count it in here.

Either of the reasons are not really reasonable here. She already has got a friend who was rich, Yi Jin. So its not like it she hates people for being rich who have things easy and that her family is working hard for her. Also losing is part of the game, its not like she only lost her match against Hee Do, she must have lost countless matches and tournaments before reaching where she is now. So I don't really understand her treatment of Hee Do here. 

The writing seems different (wouldn't call it new since I believe we've had movie/drama written in the same way), and it is an interesting take by the writer to make Min Chae realize that she should try her best without thinking about the outcome in order to get over her fear of failing by reading her mother's journal and seeing she didn't reach where she is easily. At the same time I curious to see how Hee Do's mom will change and have her own character development seeing how warm and engaging she is as grandmother now. Funny to still see her not acknowledge her daughter to have the talent for fencing (despite her being a very famous fencer) :loolz:

Since we were talking about who the father is. I am pretty sure it is not someone from the group of 5 here. The girl's name is Kim Min Chae, and if Hee Do is the single mom here, I think Min Chae would then be Na Min Chae most probably (I think they still could have registered her surname as "Kim" maybe). So for now, the guys we know have the surnames "Back" and "Moon". Which means either we are yet to see another set of new characters Hee Do will meet later in her life, or like many have been theorizing there is a high chance that Min Chae could someone else's daughter from the group and Hee Do to have adopted her (but this will be pretty sad since it would mean someone from the group of 5 is no longer alive). 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

For a long time, I have not been enthusiastic about one drama like this.
The first 4 eps were so good. NJH really proved his improvement in acting, especially the scenes with KTR. I love
the look in his eyes when looking at her. And, I love KTR so much, she made NHD so lovely and lively.
I'm prepared for the sad ending even BYJ could die or BYJ and NHD could not be together.
But, writer-nim, please give us a reasonable explanation.
I set my expectation so high with the first 4 eps, so, please don't let me down.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Choose which k-drama characters would win in a street fight and win prizes!

Mortal_Combat.jpg

What would happen if you pitted Joo Won from Secret Garden against Ahn Yo Na from Kill Me, Heal Me? Who of them would win a street fight using power, strategical skills and/or verbal skills?

Now is your chance to win prizes by voting in our polls where k-drama characters battle each other out for glory and fame.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth

• Blob 1

Why are people theorizing that Yi Jin could be dead in the present from what Hee Do's mom said? I didn't get that impression though. Maybe both of them just drifted apart? He's also out of contention to be Min Chae's dad since she's registered as a "Kim"... unless he changed his name when he became a sportscaster?

I'm very curious as to what happened to the rest of the '98 crew in the present? Min Chae doesn't seem to know them otherwise she would've enthusiastically referred to them as aunts and uncle. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1