[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

I really enjoy the chemistry between FL and ML, despite her still being in high school. I also enjoy NJH as jaded 22 year old much more than as whatever he was in Start Up. He is much more dreamy this way, especially whenever FL manages to get a smile out of him. 

Kim Taeri impresses with her acting. I never really liked her, but in this drama I really enjoy her acting - the expressions, the voice, the movements. 

FL is such a bright character, despite the isolation: she has no friends, and no parent who supports her. Her mother is clearly a career woman and has no communication skills, despite being an anchor, lol. It's such a 180° when we see her as grandmother to FL's daughter, now suddenly she manages to be all warm, kind, and supportive. Tz tz....  

What I dislike is the FL2, who has so many hangups that it fills the Champs Elysee. She is quite insecure - I was surprised to see that she actually did face off Heedo 5 years before, but she apparently failed so much, that Heedo doesn't remember her, which explains why she told Heedo, that she thinks Heedo is a nonentity since her name isn't known to her. She was being quite snide. It's hard for me to imagine her as gold medalist with such poor mentality and sportsmanship. There will always be someone who wins over you, but she still can't get past the loss of 5 years ago ??? How did she win her medal again???? 

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances

It was also sad to see FL being excluded from the fencing team in social situations. I have no sympathies for FL2 and actually was taken aback when Ep2 showed her connection with ML. I hope he doesn't like her, because that would be weird. 

• Like 4

4 Things We Loved About The Premiere Of “Twenty Five, Twenty One”

Feb 17, 2022
by kaityv

With an all-star cast, there’s no reason left to wonder why tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” is a drama that has to be on your to-watch list. The story follows the relationship between Na Hee Do (Kim Tae Ri) and Baek Yi Jin (Nam Joo Hyuk), who first meet when they are 18 and 22 years old and reunite when they are 21 and 25 years old. The first two episodes were packed with comedy, new friendships, heartbreak, and intrigue. Keep reading to find out what we loved about it!

MORE

kim-tae-ri-twenty-five-twenty-one-01.jpg

Credit to the writer

• Like 3

13 hours ago, agenth said:

I also enjoy NJH as jaded 22 year old much more than as whatever he was in Start Up. He is much more dreamy this way, especially whenever FL manages to get a smile out of him. 

I only enjoy NJH in these roles.  The repressed, depressed, sad type roles :lol:.  Like in Radiant (Light In Your Eyes).  His eyes just always give me “sad” vibes.  Even when he is supposed to be happy?  So when he smiles, there’s always a hint of sadness behind it. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I swear this drama is so addicting, its been a long time that I'm addicted to a kdrama again.

This type of drama is my fav, light and simple, the nostalgia part is a bonus. The directing especially is really good, the transition and the cinematography are so smooth and pretty. Love the OSTs too, Idk what the last song in eps 2, but its been stuck in my head until now lol. The leads also have good chemistry and acting. Honestly I couldnt ask for better, the 2 first eps are gold and I cant wait for more tommorow

:hwaiting:

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Skysky said:

I swear this drama is so addicting, its been a long time that I'm addicted to a kdrama again.

This type of drama is my fav, light and simple, the nostalgia part is a bonus. The directing especially is really good, the transition and the cinematography are so smooth and pretty. Love the OSTs too, Idk what the last song in eps 2, but its been stuck in my head until now lol. The leads also have good chemistry and acting. Honestly I couldnt ask for better, the 2 first eps are gold and I cant wait for more tommorow

:hwaiting:

I feel exactly the same! I'm so addicted and yes, the last song is awesome! I can't wait for the main leads to fall in love, but at the same time, I'm enjoying their friendship a lot :D

• Like 4

is this storyline similar to obs? fl2 is a typical fl2 in this kind of drama. NJH's character is similar to the one in radiant. i agree that NJH plays well in this kind of character, but does need to improve his acting skills. i like the optimistic, cheerful vibes of Na Heedo, tho she is quite noisy and loud at times! :D  NJH really needs a good actress to lead him in a drama.  do look forward to the development of their relationship, especially how BYJ overcomes this financial crisis and excel in his life!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow eps 3 is so good! Its make me laugh then sad then laugh then sad again, this drama really did that to me lol

Since probably most of people here havent watch the new eps, I want to talk a bit about the casts. 

KTR is such a gooood actress, it's not easy at all to play NHD, physically and emotionally, and to play a 18yo when she is already 31yo. .but she matched the role so well. During the drama I keep forgeting that she is already 31 in RL lol

NJH also, he nailed his role. I think this is his best role so far. If this drama rating keep going up and become blockbuster drama, I think NJH could become an icon of first love? Since the drama is a nostalgia and baek yijin is such a perfect role, he is a good friend, good brother, good son, smart, handsome and kind, I'm sure soon he will also become a good boyfriend to NHD.  Actually I feel that NJH also has vibes of first love, he has soft features and boyish look, he really represent 'youth'. No wonder the production drama casted him to play BYJ, and BYJ is perfect role for him. Well whataver it become, I think he finally can prove himself with this role, especially after his last drama

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Ok. I really don't like Yoo Rim LoL. Will she get better? Idk will there be an end to covid?! 

I am real glad that Yi Jin got to meet up with his dad though; that was a nice moment. I could've sworn Yi Jin was goin' to give Hee Do a piggyback ride. Nope I got fooled yo LoL!

Btw Hee Do is SO. LOUD. 

And surprise, surprise just like in "Shadow Beauty", her online buddy happen to be her classmate rival - Yoo Rim what the bloody heck LoL!? She is such a ***** in person though geez tsk.

What did she mean that Yi Jin was her first love ?? Huh LoL. She seemed nicer toward Ji Woong but who wouldn't LoL? He's adorbs & such a charmer ha-ha.

Most comments are doing guess work on identity of Hee Do's daughter LoL. I don't really care on it much. 

• Like 4

Another great episode chingus! And I knew it! Yu-rim is her online buddy. Yu-rim doesn't seem like a bad girl, but she is totally nasty with Hee-do. Why does she need to be that way? Just because of the past? Because of the sneakers? Like, c'mon! If she is truly upset with Hee-do because of those things, then it says a lot about her character, which is not nice. Let's hope she won't do anything to Yi-jin and Hee-do when they fall in love 3 years later. I'll be mad if she ends up being a hindrance to our leads' love.

I dislike 40 year old Hee-do. The actress is totally wrong for this role. The voice is also off. I can't see young Hee-do in her.

And I thought Yi-jin would give a piggyback ride too! Ahahah, Hee-do thought the same too :D  Ohhh, I love their current relationship, but I will be thrilled to see them slowly fall in love! It will made my day for sure!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I just started this drama and wooooosh it teleported me back to my youth. I remember the late 90’s well since I was in high school and Uni then too. The production and mood is on-point!!!! The early chat rooms, comics, and pagers etc. 

I loved the cast (except current mother Hee Do) and the story so far. KTR is acting very well as Hee-do and the scenes with her mother were great. The emotions—

The crying scene confession of her rambling to Yi Jin was soooo funny and that she drew in the torn out pages !!! A true cartoon/manga fan lol 

NJH fits his role here 100% so far and I am liking their chemistry. Coach Yang is interesting too 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

Me too! I remember the IMF days! My parents were hit hard. I thought that pagers were so cool… And those big boxy cell phones.. TDF! I wanted them so bad. I have never watched NJH’s dramas. He is an eye candy though! :tounge_xd: I am not sure how I feel about his acting yet. But KTR she is a gem! She is carrying the drama for me! I love their friendship! Perhaps many of us have had that sunbae hoobae relationship in school too… bringing it closer to home! Rooting for tomorrow!

• Like 6