[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

Thanks for raining on the parade dude.:tounge_wink::joy: @Kvothe I'd like to think Yi Jin meant what he said selflessly (shrugs) Also he's a lead in a Korean drama.:joy: Their characters are scripted to appeal to female viewers.

It just suits his personality/character more as well. He is thoughtful, responsible & a filial son, brother. 

I sincerely think he wanted the best for Hee Do. Someone mentioned it reminded 'em of "Anne of Green Gables" - which I couldn't agree more.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Just saw ep 4 and it was quite funny and I enjoyed it so much. The ‘failed interview and do not disturb’, the chase-car ride- loach catching-and even the second male leads’ adorable corny lines lol. When will the girls realize they’ve been each other chat besties? I am looking forward to them turning into BFFs. 

OTP’s chemistry is getting stronger even if it is just friendship right now with some baby sparks in the practice fencing lol. Mental fortitude and ending scenes were excellent! I also think NJK’s acting has improved compared to when I saw him last in WLFKBJ. 

Gah the wait until next weekend….

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I found this teaser. there is a scene in the end of the teaser that B-jin standing with a flower looking to NHD upset and if you look closer you can see NHD running in the opposite direction to where he was standing.

makes me wonder and curious what the hell will happaned to them in the future. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Why are people theorizing that Yi Jin could be dead in the present from what Hee Do's mom said? I didn't get that impression though.

I don't think Yi Jin has died. It's been established by Hee-Do's mother that she had met him a month ago in present day. Who I think has died is Yo-Rim and Min-Chae is her biological daughter. My theory is that Hee-Do adpoted her after Yo-Rim past away. In my opinion, the present day story is being told not so Min-Chae can find out about Hee-Do's past relationship with Yi-Jin but so she can find out about her real life biological mother. 

Of course, this is all in theory so I could be wrong once the series finish but I'm sticking to this theory until the drama tells me otherwise.

- Why was it revealed that Yo-Rim was Hee-Do's chat friend rather than Yi-Jin?

- Why did Yo-Rim suddenly get mentioned after the converation about Yi-Jin by Hee-Do's mother while looking at the photo of 5 friends?     

To recap. I think Min-Chae is Yo-Rim's biological daughter. Hee-Do adopted her after Yo-Rim past away. The present day storyline is about Min-Chae finding out about that truth.   

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I love how Na Hee Do is so cheerful and free spirited despite having kind of failed as a fencer (since she was hailed as prodigy fencer), not really having RL friends and she does not really seem to be close with her mother as well. She could have been totally opposite in personality just because of one of the reasons I mentioned above, and still is such a positive person. So she really needs to be praised for this. At the same time, it is really good to see her having new good friends in the new school.

While having a bright and cheerful personality, another thing I really love about Hee Do has been the fact that she passes on her positive attitude to the people around her. Yi Jin seems to forget his issues whenever he is around her, and it is not because he has feelings for her yet. I don't think he has them for now, they are close friends, yes, and Hee Do's ways of turning "Tragedy into Comedy" or dealing with problems seems to really work for him whenever he is with her during his not so good times.

Since we were talking about who the father is. I am pretty sure it is not someone from the group of 5 here. The girl's name is Kim Min Chae, and if Hee Do is the single mom here, I think Min Chae would then be Na Min Chae most probably (I think they still could have registered her surname as "Kim" maybe). So for now, the guys we know have the surnames "Back" and "Moon". Which means either we are yet to see another set of new characters Hee Do will meet later in her life, or like many have been theorizing there is a high chance that Min Chae could someone else's daughter from the group and Hee Do to have adopted her (but this will be pretty sad since it would mean someone from the group of 5 is no longer alive). 

Hee-do is truly a nice girl with a healthy mind-set. Even Yi-jin is "jealous" of her positive nature. It's true she doesn't have much friends since she was always training from a young age. She even fell from grace (started as a child prodigy and ended up as failure). She lost her dad and is in bad terms with her mom. The idol who gave her hope and strength to pursue her dreams ended up being a nasty girl. Yet, she never gives up nor despairs. She keeps going forward, regardless of loss or win, while giving hope to others around her. I bet she will do well in the upcoming trials for the national team.

Love the way Yi-jin looks at Hee-do too. He totally respects her and truly likes her a lot (not in a romantic way yet). She is becoming the "light" in his dark life. No wonder that he'll fall for her later on in the story. The last scene showed how Hee-do's heart was taken aback by a happy, handsome and sweaty Yi-jin (he was so hot btw!). It was the first sparks of first love, which she obviously didn't realize. Love them together so much! Their scenes are the best (loved when he arrived at his home totally disappointed in life and she suddenly appeared out of nowhere, practicing her dance choreo, she didn't even talk and her presence and funny demeanour totally brightened his soul = I watched that scene twice).

I thought Yi-Jin is alive by what the grandmother said ("I met him a month ago?"). But this sort of nostalgic drama always has a sad ending, at least for one of the main characters. Have you guys seen the film Sunny? For some reason, I'm getting Sunny vibes from this. And maybe someone will die (adult Hee-do and grandmother were reminiscing about the past, that's kinda ominous).

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

POLL: Time Travel to the 90s

Are you enjoying this drama? Please vote in the first poll and let's together journey back to the 90s. 

Hacking Mtv GIF

I'm loving this song they also had on the past episode: 

tags:

@Maetawinz @D27Gjk68 @backstreetboysfan  @marrez1 @bqm94hana @Helena @rocher22 @Latte_Anyday @Kathia @nrllee @rocat @YongZura⁷ @pp05 @haruhi17 @sadthe1st @thistle @Skysky @luffie @SJW @Yinye @exogirl @kboramint @mizv @Kvothe @1Min1Sec @scribbledjunkie 

re:

@partyon @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

@kboramint thanks for your theory. I also want to believe that and keep being positive lol

@Kathia yes. .theres 2 person that might die. I honestly dont want to talk about it and being negative but its long 1 week to go before new eps, we need something to discuss right? And keep this discussion and thread alive. 

(((((Spoiler))))) 

1. Baek yijin. reason :

- He didnt end up with NHD and KMC surname is kim. They were totally in love and promise to being happy together, only 1 reason they couldnt be together that BYJ died. 

- KMC only ask about 'who's baek yijin?' it could be because she doesn't know about yijin but know the rest of his mom squad. it's weird because he is close friend of his mom. If they didnt ended as lover but yijin is also part of 5 friends, its imposible that his mom never met him at all. So the only reason is BYJ might be die when he was young. . .

- Grandma said she already met him, it could be his grave not him as person, NHD expression after that is kinda sad. 

- This is my own thinking that BYJ as reporter could also have a purpose. he would die but his old recording and voice still can be heard because of that, so NHD still can listen to his voice and remembered him. . 

2. Yoorim

- on the way NHD met yoorim in eps 1, NDH holding white flower (sorry I dont know the name) that usually use for mourning

- grandma suddenly remembered about yoorim

I suddenly remember joo young said in interview that this drama might bring a lot of tears (possible of sad ending)

spacer.png

So whataver it is, lets just keep watching and find out. I dont want to believe that BYJ would die tho, he is such a likeable character and never done anything wrong. Also his life was the saddest among 5 friends yet they would kill him too? No no, thats way too cruel, I'm sure the writer wont go there, unless they want to be hated for life lol

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think Yi Jin has died. It's been established by Hee-Do's mother that she had met him a month ago in present day. Who I think has died is Yo-Rim and Min-Chae is her biological daughter. My theory is that Hee-Do adpoted her after Yo-Rim past away. In my opinion, the present day story is being told not so Min-Chae can find out about Hee-Do's past relationship with Yi-Jin but so she can find out about her real life biological mother. 

Of course, this is all in theory so I could be wrong once the series finish but I'm sticking to this theory until the drama tells me otherwise.

- Why was it revealed that Yo-Rim was Hee-Do's chat friend rather than Yi-Jin?

- Why did Yo-Rim suddenly get mentioned after the converation about Yi-Jin by Hee-Do's mother while looking at the photo of 5 friends?     

To recap. I think Min-Chae is Yo-Rim's biological daughter. Hee-Do adopted her after Yo-Rim past away. The present day storyline is about Min-Chae finding out about that truth.   

I have thought about this too. We are seeing Hee do's story from Min Chae's point of view. If you remember her diary started with Hee do going to meet her most favourite person on a fine Saturday. She was so happy even if she is just looking at her from afar. I feel like more than Baek Yi jin, the story is emphasizing on the relationship between Yoo rim and Hee do. 

But I don't want anyone from the gang to die. They are just so precious. Just after 4 eps, I got so invested in this drama, if anyone were to die, it will really break my heart. I would rather have Min chae be Yi jin's daughter and they got divorced/broke up or something. That way there is still a chance for them in the present time line to get back together. 

• Like 6

On 2/21/2022 at 2:00 AM, rocher22 said:

I wonder if MC is YJ's daughter and he doesnt know that... I dont want it to be that way... 

i like this theory, i think this is very possible!

Hee Do's mom mentioned to her that she just spoke to Yi Jin recently, and Hee Do was pleasantly surprised.

my current guess will be

Spoiler

guess #1

YJ had to reunite his family members; probably leaving to find his dad or mom with his younger bro.. HD was pregnant but she chose not to tell him.. and she had to give up fencing that's why she didn't manage to make a name for herself in the fencing community.. that's why MC had not heard of her mom's reputation being a famous sportsperson; she probably thought she had given up that's why she was not convinced to stay true to her ballet..

guess #2

HD encouraged YJ to chase after his dreams.. even if he cannot be a NASA member, he can still work as a NASA journalist.. they got busy with their own lives pursuing their dreams, and stayed as friends and had their own lives and family.

meantime, i think YJ is already head over heels for HD.. he seems to be more drawn to her etc than HD to him.. until the very instance when YJ took off his fencing headguard then she was swooned lol

i love the scene where HD left the written message on drunk YJ lol i had a good laugh when all the neighbors showed him compassion.

also, HD's bright personality.. the loach soup lol she eats whatever she is given, she has a very big heart.

even if she claims to hate YR, i think its just a small way of venting her disappointment to her idol.

@Sleepy Owl hey chingu! glad to see u enjoying this drama too!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

guess #1

YJ had to reunite his family members; probably leaving to find his dad or mom with his younger bro.. HD was pregnant but she chose not to tell him.. and she had to give up fencing that's why she didn't manage to make a name for herself in the fencing community.. that's why MC had not heard of her mom's reputation being a famous sportsperson; she probably thought she had given up that's why she was not convinced to stay true to her ballet.

But HD did become famous as a fencer.  That’s why the lady who stopped them at the ballet competition recognized her.  HD was a household name.  Living in the shadow of a famous mother.  Both HD and MC had that.  HD’s mom was a famous news reader.  Everybody’s attention was focused on her when she came to the new school with HD.  MC was trying to run away from that.  That’s why she ran to her grandma’s house and was thoroughly disappointed because she ended up confronted by her mother’s successes yet again when she saw the room full of fencing medals and accolades.  In fact I would say her fear of disappointing her successful mother was what made her quit without even trying in the ballet competition.  

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

guess #2

HD encouraged YJ to chase after his dreams.. even if he cannot be a NASA member, he can still work as a NASA journalist.. they got busy with their own lives pursuing their dreams, and stayed as friends and had their own lives and family.

I think this is plausible.  I would like to think that HD inspired YJ to dream again.  When we first met him, he lost the ability to dream due to “the times”.  But as we have seen, “the times” could deliver both disaster and opportunity.  “The times” forced the fencing club in HD’s old school to close (disaster).  She was in danger of losing her chance at her dream.  But she found a way to get transferred.  Then “the times” forced 2 of the other contenders that were on the list out of the National competition.  Which meant HD was now moved up and therefore made the cut to get there.  Opportunity knocked for HD due to “the times” as well.

I think the way HD looked at the old photo of the 5 friends when her mom brought it to her sort of indicated that they all went their separate ways.  Mature HD’s face registered surprise when her mom said she bumped into YJ a month ago.  So it looked like they hadn’t kept in touch for a while.  Did they part friends wishing each other well and just lost touch or did they part with a misunderstanding?  I guess we will find out.  By the end of Ep4 I am pretty certain YJ has fallen for HD.  I get the feeling HD’s drive to pursue her dream could well come between them.  I think if HD had to choose between being with YJ or pursuing her dream of fencing, she would pick the latter.  She just strikes me as someone like that.

spacer.png

See this pic at the end?  Sorry I had to take a pic with my phone because Netflix doesn’t allow screenshots.  YJ grabbed her foil, stabbed his jacket and turned the light on.  Green light on his side.  He’s all systems go with their relationship.  She was backing away from him when he walked toward her in the dark.  She’s not so sure.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

That’s why she ran to her grandma’s house and was thoroughly disappointed because she ended up confronted by her mother’s successes yet again when she saw the room full of fencing medals and accolades.  In fact I would say her fear of disappointing her successful mother was what made her quit without even trying in the ballet competition.  

oops i didn't notice the medals.. i only remember YR typing in front of the computer chatting with ryder35 (or 31?) with the bunch of medals hanging in her room!

tbh, i didn't notice as much details at the beginning of ep1 cos i was still wondering if i would like this drama.. and was a bit annoyed when there was too much loudness in the FL.. i was like, what am i watching?!!?!

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think if HD had to choose between being with YJ or pursuing her dream of fencing, she would pick the latter.  She just strikes me as someone like that.

first love is always most memorable.. but we learnt in kdrama land for most dramas that, there is usually happy endings when FL and ML are first love, they might break up and somehow still end up meeting etc lolol

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

yep, thats a confirmed fact.. and there is nothing more to add.. 

hahaha she is trying very hard to make up for the previous arrogant attitude towards the well respected alumni

oh ya, i love the scene when HD stomped in right to the fencing seniors.. and apologized, and then enthusiastically invite them all to train together in the evenings and weekends.. WAHAHAHAHA

and i like the coach, she is so funny and cool.. not forgetting, she plays tamagotchi !!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1