[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The pretty one from TwentyFiveTwentyOne Class 7, ChoiHyunWook, shows his fashion sense off in Cosmopolitan. He shares he wore a really thick leather jacket when auditioned for the role of Jiwoong & sweated a lot, he thought he'd failed.

he look so much different when he appears in Racket Boys.

:kiss_wink:

• Like 4

The journey is as important as the destination. With lots of theories around i'm still hopeful and willing to follow it weekly. Besides, slice of life is my most favorite genre. I think the writer wants to highlight this topic of tragedy and comedy. That along with the hardship there will be ease. Just what Hee Do experienced the time had crushed her dream, but it's also the time that brought her opportunity to be national athlete. Parallel to that i think this drama will not be full of roses, but the warmth and smile are compensating enough to follow the journey.

By the way Tae Ri wrote this (2nd video) : 2521 a painful story of youth that makes heart hurts

• Like 8

Cr https://www.soompi.com/article/1514640wpp/choi-tae-joon-to-appear-on-tv-for-1st-time-since-marriage-to-park-shin-hye-in-twenty-five-twenty-one

Uh-oh…trouble in paradise?

spacer.png

Spoiler

In what will mark his first appearance in a drama since tying the knot with Park Shin Hye last month, Choi Tae Joon will be making a special cameo in “Twenty Five, Twenty One”!

Set in 1998, “Twenty Five, Twenty One” is a tvN drama about two young people who fall in love amidst the aftermath of the IMF crisis. Kim Tae Ri stars as Na Hee Do, an aspiring fencer, while Nam Joo Hyuk stars as Baek Yi Jin, whose family was torn apart due to the financial crisis.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Twenty Five, Twenty One,” Na Hee Do and Baek Yi Jin made viewers’ hearts skip a beat as they became even closer than before. While hanging out with Na Hee Do late at night, Baek Yi Jin hinted at his growing feelings for the young athlete, making viewers excited to see where their relationship was headed next.

However, the arrival of an unexpected variable may shake things up: in the drama’s upcoming episode, Choi Tae Joon will be making a special appearance as national fencer Jung Ho Jin, who will play a crucial role in the story after waltzing into Na Hee Do’s life.

In newly released stills from the drama, Jung Ho Jin seems unable to take his eyes off Na Hee Do as he smiles brightly at her. IN one of the photos, Na Hee Do returns his gaze with a warm smile of her own, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what might develop between the two characters.

The producers of “Twenty Five, Twenty One” teased, “Within the whirlwind youth saga that is ‘Twenty Five, Twenty One,’ Choi Tae Joon will become a plot twist and unexpected key point in the story as a character who is connected to Kim Tae Ri.”

“Although his appearance is brief, he will captivate viewers with his powerful impact,” they continued, “so please look forward to his crucial role.”

Given the fact that CTJ appears as a cameo and his casting wasn’t announced till when he is just about to show up in the ep.  The same could be for mature adult YJ.  So someone shows up as a cameo late in the drama.  GongYoo?  :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

On 2/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, Skysky said:

@simplesim dont be sad sis, its just theory, not 100% true. . .lets just enjoy our young OTP moments. Honestly I dont mind sad ending, but they need to compesate with giving us full 16 eps of our OTP, and only separated (if the sad theory ending was true) in the very last scene. I still have hope that theres a plot twist ending. 

Me too! I'm crossing fingers for a plot twist at the end. The synopsis and teaser videos do imply sadness and painful youth, but maybe there's a happy ending in store for us and our leads? I do think YJ is alive, but not so sure about YR.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Kathia said:

I do think YJ is alive, but not so sure about YR

I agree.  I wonder what happened.  I googled deaths of fencers and there have been a few cases where the foil snaps and the momentum of the thrust continues and the broken blade breaks through the protective equipment.  Most of these deaths are pretty gruesome.  I hope it’s not the way YR dies (if she does)  :grimace:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

So, whats happening? Seems like after yijin moving, there will be a time skip to winter when they will reunite again, since it will be winter, it could be they are already 23 19? 

Whataver will be, finally we will see them holding hand :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

Eps 5 (contain spoiler) 

Spoiler

This eps is so painful to watch, especially BYJ. Wow honestly this time is his worst time ever. I suddenly feels more pain if they decided to make him die after what hes been going through. .while NHD, eventhough she is lonely because BYJ is far away, but she is living her best life with her fencing. I hope the things will get better in next eps and BYJ will become reporter ASAP dan they will reunite

Please don't mind about the rating from now because a lot high rated drama will comeback today and have same slot with 25 21. Personally I don't really care about the rating because whataver the rating is, the drama is still good so far! 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Skysky said:

Please don't mind about the rating from now because a lot high rated drama will comeback today and have same slot with 25 21. Personally I don't really care about the rating because whataver the rating is, the drama is still good so far! 

I agree with you. I would also say that since this is shown on Netflix as well, I think it is hard to rely on ratings alone.

Keep in mind that it is at the top of drama buzz each week so... I do not think we have to worry about that.

So looking forward to watching it tonight so thanks for having put your thoughts in a spoiler! Greatly appreciated :)

• Like 3
  • Love 3

The fact that they both draw comfort and support from each other's messages... Beautiful. 

Ah this series is just too breathtaking.

They are apart, but don't forget each other.

This series just tugs at my forgotten heartstrings:

• when mum keeps crying after the abandoned dad, and  Yijin has to be the parental figure/ adult both for mum and little brother.
  • when little brother coldbloodedly ignores his own brother. 
  • when Heedo's daughter admitted her jealousy, which caused her to doubt her own abilities, and not being able to communicate with her own mother
  • when Heedo kept being criticized for her appearance by her mum, who values appearances over anything. The contrast in this show is beautiful. Both daughters (Heedo / Minchae) keep being compared to their respective mothers, their own success being overshadowed.
  • when we find out why Yijin is at the phone paybox, who he is calling repeatedly.
  • when Yijin does the water trick to finally smile again. 
  • when Yijin has a direct message for Heedo. My heart ~ 

As a side note, I like that Jiwoong is the kind of guy who teaches Yurim without being offensive. She is very much in her own world, but he is the one who can empathise with others and withstand her initial cold brush-off. I do like that she softens whenever she is around him. 

The cinematography is seriously breathtaking. The image of the cold snow, against the emotions. UGh. I am so in love with the colors, the feelings. I don't really care that much about the mystery who the father is:  i mean, of course i am very curious, but I am here for the JOURNEY TO GOLD!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1