[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

I’m only coming here to read about the episodes until the amnesia arc finishes. I’m happy DD leaves, she’ll come back more mature & hopefully makes herself a success. I really dislike them talking down to her calling her a gold digger. 

I ship DD’s parents too. I know AK did something horrible, but it’s clear she loves her family. The stepmom I can’t figure out. She saved SC from doing the unthinkable when AK left & was there for him & DD all those years. Why are they making her out to be so greedy?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

So Dan Dan is going to leave:tears:. I hope this  amnesia story doesn't last long.

You didn't watch till the end of the preview for the next episode?  He says he is getting some memory back in the next episode itself.  Phew, that is a relief!   Dan2 will have a brief period of grief but hopefully not more than a couple of episodes.  At least we can hope.

• Like 4

Yeah I did see that @jayakris  I hope it is true, the promo can be miss leading.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” continued its reign as the most-watched program to air on any channel on Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 28.0 percent

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-red-sleeve-records-its-highest-ratings-yet-in-close-race-with-now-we-are-breaking-up/#ixzz7Cp3FFhyS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will never ship Dan Dan's parents regardless to how obviously dinghy and greedy her stepmother is. Bio mom left her daughter and only came back to look for her after the car wreck jacked up her face. So no, she didn't make a mistake, she did it on purpose. If she was a real woman she would stop hiding behind her plastic surgery,  tell Dan Dan the truth, and then ask for forgiveness. What she is doing is slick and is trying to build up enough rapport so that when Dan Dan finds out the truth, she won't be as rejected.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I like all the supporting cast, they are so funny.

The 'secondary' couples look compatible too. But I am wondering if the main couple were first choice by the casting director. The father, despite his age, doesn't have a fatherly feel; the couple, though seven years apart, don't look compatible.

Everyone dreads 'amnesia' or 'go overseas'.....shall i give myself a break and come back after the new year to watch?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah I did see that @jayakris  I hope it is true, the promo can be miss leading.

I know!  They might just show him saying it, and then saying he forgot what he thought he remembered :) ... But to be fair, this drama has been relatively better, and hasn't tried to fool us too much with the previews.

48 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I will never ship Dan Dan's parents regards to how obviously dinghy and greedy her stepmother is.

I think she is not that terrible with greed or anything.  To me, she seems like a woman with a good heart, though a bit shallow and foolish.  We haven't seen her ill-treating DanDan (have we?). Not the usual Kdrama stepmom at all.  Actually she was genuinely sad when DanDan yelled at her on the basis of a misunderstanding that she caused DD's parents to break up.  I really blame the dad on that matter though.  He is a good guy in everything else, but it is extremely inconsiderate of him to not tell DD that the step-mom was not the reason the mom left.  It is really cruel to do that to a seemingly kind step-mom who raised DD virtually since birth, and still cares for her. 

She is just a seemingly uneducated and not-so-worldly-wise lady who wants some small pleasures in life like the rich people.  She may do stupid things for that sake.  But she is not the extra-selfish greedy type who wants to deliberately harm others to cater to her own greed.  At least we haven't seen that, I think.  So I have some sympathy for that lady.  She has had a hard life and doesn't deserve the scorn she is getting from DD thanks to her husband.  She deserves to be yelled at for being foolish and losing money on stupid investments and all, though!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, jayakris said:

I know!  They might just show him saying it, and then saying he forgot what he thought he remembered :) ... But to be fair, this drama has been relatively better, and hasn't tried to fool us too much with the previews.

I think she is not that terrible with greed or anything.  To me, she seems like a woman with a good heart, though a bit shallow and foolish.  We haven't seen her ill-treating DanDan (have we?). Not the usual Kdrama stepmom at all.  Actually she was genuinely sad when DanDan yelled at her on the basis of a misunderstanding that she caused DD's parents to break up.  I really blame the dad on that matter though.  He is a good guy in everything else, but it is extremely inconsiderate of him to not tell DD that the step-mom was not the reason the mom left.  It is really cruel to do that to a seemingly kind step-mom who raised DD virtually since birth, and still cares for her. 

She is just a seemingly uneducated and not-so-worldly-wise lady who wants some small pleasures in life like the rich people.  She may do stupid things for that sake.  But she is not the extra-selfish greedy type who wants to deliberately harm others to cater to her own greed.  At least we haven't seen that, I think.  So I have some sympathy for that lady.  She has had a hard life and doesn't deserve the scorn she is getting from DD thanks to her husband.  She deserves to be yelled at for being foolish and losing money on stupid investments and all, though!!

But what turned me against her so much was when she took that money from DD KNOWING that DD wouldn’t get paid for 3 months and DD was the one who worked for it that told me what kind of person she was and had been. I am 76 years old and I would NEVER took money from one of my children to be able to enjoy things in life it wasn’t like she was hungry and out on the streets but then she almost was because of her doings. No small children at home why didn’t she get a job granny did. That just broke my heart when she reached and took that money and then hid it from her husband. 

• Like 11

Hi everyone,

First post on this thread.  Like the rest of you, I've truly been enjoying this drama.   I really wanted to address the amnesia angle.

I also am not a huge fan of the amnesia factor in K-dramas.   But as @jayakris stated, it could turn out to be fun b/c they'll pursue their love with less hesitation.   I know it will be a bumpy ride for a while, but let's remember that in typical K-dramas, the ending sorts out everything.   I'm actually confident that YK will regain his memory relatively shortly.   I'm not saying by next weekend but "soon".  

I just had a thought.   It was the handkerchief that helped cause his amnesia.   Wouldn't it be something if the handkerchief were found and once YK saw it, that would trigger his full memory?  Especially if it's DD who finds it and brings it to him?   Food for thought!

My thoughts about the other characters basically mirror everyone else.   We can be confident that SR's and DR's scheming will come to nothing in due time.  YK and DD will be together and it will be worth the wait.   I, for one, am not skipping any episodes because of the amnesia.   It's a show to be enjoyed, not suffering heartburn over.  I look forward to offering more thoughts alongside you as they come!

Can't wait for next weekend!

• Like 9