[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

I don't get what's in Chairman Lee's mind? I don't blame Dan Dan for asking him why he's being nice to her in Episode 12. Does he see her as his younger sister, older daughter, employee, friend or a mix of all of those? Young-Guk probably doesn't know himself but what employer waits outside for his employee to return from a late night party? Maybe Dan Dan's confession allows him to think of her in a romantic light when previously, due to their age difference and employer/employee relationship, it would be, by his upright character, not the right thing to be feeling? How long would the status quo continue, had she not confessed? I just think that with Dan Dan's confession we won't get to see a awkward, nervous and shy Chairman around Dan Dan once he realises his feelings for her, which is a shame. I am really looking forward to Episode 13 to see how he will react. He looks pleased and amused but not doing anything about it from the previews which I hope continues for a few episodes otherwise, Dan Dan just conquered him way too easily.

On another note, his BFF that went to Hawai, will she ever return to take part in the plot again?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am really looking forward to Episode 13 to see how he will react as well.

I’m looking forward to when DanDan can get through an eps.  Without having to cry. I want to see her happy and jolly making chairman happy. I don’t want to wait until the last ep. for that to happen. Guess we can just keep in mind she will be happy one day. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lfd said:

I’m looking forward to when DanDan can get through an eps.  Without having to cry. I want to see her happy and jolly making chairman happy. I don’t want to wait until the last ep. for that to happen. Guess we can just keep in mind she will be happy one day. 

Yeah, I can't wait for that as well.

• Blob 1

6 hours ago, Lfd said:

Since this is the same writer as My Only One and set up somewhat similarly, I expect any happiness to be short-lived and Dan Dan to be put through the wringer until the last episode. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lfd said:

Crying is the main job of all main female leads in almost every Kdrama I've seen. I've felt sorry for actresses for having to cry so much.  My head would hurt after one scene.  Compared to most, there has hardly been any crying in this one I feel. No real whaling cry.    I think a lot more crying will come in upcoming episodes when their feelings really get deep and a lot more %^&* get thrown in their ways.  For both leads.  

• Like 4

How do you think YK will get amnesia? We've seen Sa Ra almost cause a car accident, maybe she'll stalk them again whilst in a car? 

Will YK have amnesia before or after he gets together with Dan Dan? Must be before right because I can't see Sa Ra persuading YK she's had/has a relationship with him if he has DanDan hanging off his arm just prior to amnesia.

From the character synopsis on KBS(?) YK is still drawn to Dan Dan despite being told he's with Sa Ra which suggests Dan Dan is still the tutor in the house but if Sa Ra is in the picture as girlfriend wouldn't she fire Dan Dan? Or is it via his connection with Anna Kim (DD ends up working with her) that he comes into frequent contact with Dan Dan?

• Like 3

On 11/3/2021 at 12:17 AM, seungshin said:

Crying is the main job of all main female leads in almost every Kdrama I've seen. I've felt sorry for actresses for having to cry so much.  My head would hurt after one scene.  Compared to most, there has hardly been any crying in this one I feel. No real whaling cry.    I think a lot more crying will come in upcoming episodes when their feelings really get deep and a lot more %^&* get thrown in their ways.  For both leads.  

Yeah but breaking down in private  because your man cheated or dad died is far different than instantly tearing up and not defending yourself because some old biddy starts yelling at you. Most k drama girls now days have at least a little more back bone than that. 

I feel bad for Yong Gook that he's surrounded by a bunch of looneys. Good thing he called them out on it. It's about time too! The mil & Sa Ra's shenanigans ugh.

Though the mil sound like a hen when she pretended to lose her mind ha-ha. She's such an ott character. 

Yong Gook is dreaming of Dan2 already ooh Omo omo~ I loved it when he called Sa Ra - Dan2 by mistake! Take that you witch. Get a clue already. 

Love Se Jong during that "Truth or Dare" hehe. He's just so cute~ Hope the kids will be ok with their tutor as a future stepmom hm.. btw what was Sa Ra's mom wearing LoL !? Was she still in Halloween mode cosplaying as Michael Jackson Idk LoL. The fedora hat.. the jacket with buckles.. oh dear. Facepalm. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Dan Dan has feelings for YG, and he definitely has feelings for her too. If they are really going the amnesia route, I'm guessing it will start next week. The preview shows Dan Dan telling him to leave a handkerchief if he has feelings for her.  He probably will get in an accident before he can do it. DD might get kicked out if YG loses his memory before he can tell the hyenas he already knew about her being Mr. Park's daughter.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, qynn said:

Dan Dan has feelings for YG, and he definitely has feelings for her too. If they are really going the amnesia route, I'm guessing it will start next week. The preview shows Dan Dan telling him to leave a handkerchief if he has feelings for her.  He probably will get in an accident before he can do it. DD might get kicked out if YG loses his memory before he can tell the hyenas he already knew about her being Mr. Park's daughter.

Yeah I could see this happening and it will suck.

• Blob 1

Okay I take back my words of waiting till ep 20. 

I waited till ep 14 and I just couldnt anymore :cries3:

Gosh this plot development the speed of light is insane. This DOESNT feel like a weekend drama

1. The ML is such a gentleman with actual conflicts

2. FL is BOLD along with other typical character traits

3. Conflicts resolve so quickly.

I like this pace because I am not sure whats going to happen next week. 

Side note:

I think the Dan2 family mellowed a bit, there is no selfish laced craziness from the stepmom. Guess having your mom beat the crap out of you is enough.

I am liking Daebum's arc. He is in his own way resolved to win back See Ryon 

And she on the other hand is such a pitiful person but she really needs to wake up and do something. 

I want to see her mom get her comeuppance not just for Dan2's sake for Saeryeon's as well.

Sa ra can just go BURN

P.S : The comments I am reading from streaming sites saying that Dan2 was pushy, well yes she was, but remember he barely needed an hour to decide to go and tie the handkerchief. He went back to remove it LATER. I mean the man pretty much made his mind on his own and he needs a push for the roller coaster ride he just pulled

• Like 4

Well at least the pecking order was established in YG’s house this weekend  and Dan2 is at the top.

Boy YG stuck the knife in deep by calling his step mother Ajummoni! My wife was like OMG! That’s cold! Basically that is YG telling her that he doesn’t consider her as family. Wow!

i can’t help but think the wind blowing the handkerchief up in the tree was YG’s dead wife intervening letting him know she chose Dan2 for him.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

Sa ra can just go BURN

:onfirex:

31 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Well at least the pecking order was established in YG’s house this weekend  and Dan2 is at the top.

Boy YG stuck the knife in deep by calling his step mother Ajummoni! My wife was like OMG! That’s cold! Basically that is YG telling her that he doesn’t consider her as family. Wow!

i can’t help but think the wind blowing the handkerchief up in the tree was YG’s dead wife intervening letting him know she chose Dan2 for him.

Yes, yes, and oh yeah!

• Like 3
  • Blob 2