[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

1 hour ago, heistheway said:

I just had a thought.   It was the handkerchief that helped cause his amnesia.   Wouldn't it be something if the handkerchief were found and once YK saw it, that would trigger his full memory?  Especially if it's DD who finds it and brings it to him?   Food for thought!

But where is the handkerchief?  It flew off from the cliff, right?  Could the police have found it near his backpack and kept it with all his stuff like the flask?  It must all be with the cops.  If they send it all home and the handkerchief reaches DD, it would be great to see her take it to YK and trigger all the memories!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, jayakris said:

But where is the handkerchief?  It flew off from the cliff, right?  Could the police have found it near his backpack and kept it with all his stuff like the flask?  It must all be with the cops.  If they send it all home and the handkerchief reaches DD, it would be great to see her take it to YK and trigger all the memories!

In previous K-dramas I've seen, it's the little ones who find the most inconspicuous things.   Maybe adorable Se Jong will find the handkerchief.   Either way, I just have a strange feeling about my theory.   Will be fun to find out!

• Like 5

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” surged past the 30 percent mark yet again, scoring an average nationwide rating of 30.3 percent and remaining the most-watched program to air on any channel on Sunday.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/jirisan-ratings-rise-chimera-hits-new-all-time-high/#ixzz7Cuu56972

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Hi guys.. watching ep 5 now and I can’t stop (and I asked myself whyyy because of usually this is not my type of drama) LOL

I can’t remember all their name yet :lol:

1. Park dan dan is very pretty it’s just her lipstick is too red and she looks too old. I wish she would use lipstick in nude colors. I looked her picts on google and seriously she is far more pretty if she is not use red lipstick :kiss_wink:

2. I hope Mr. Park will still work as a driver in that house. He is too kind :)

3. It is ridiculous that the manager in that house been dreaming of to be the samunim hahaha. Silly.. she is pretty and she wears too much white and curtains garment. Lol. She needs fashion advisor.

4. Dae Bum’s gf, the sister of the male lead is my favorite character. Hahaha. I know I am a mother and I should prefer a character like dan dan hahaha but she is too funny and atractive lol. I lol at her philosophy ‘she mets a good guy in the night club’ hahaha. My favorite quote from her when she easily said to Dae Bum ‘I’m loaded and we are in love. What is mine is yours. Hahaha.’ In a strange way the way she thinking is somehow just like me LOL. Easy going personality  :relieved::joy:

5. I do rarely sleeps these days and it very easy to me to be stress and this drama very entertain me <3 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, heistheway said:

In previous K-dramas I've seen, it's the little ones who find the most inconspicuous things.   Maybe adorable Se Jong will find the handkerchief.   Either way, I just have a strange feeling about my theory.   Will be fun to find out!

I think the handkerchief will have a part in him regaining his memory because it had a part in his memory lost. And does Sara not have a brain to think ahead he will be more angry at her for lying to him that split second when he was about to kiss her he had a memory that stopped him (thank goodness I would have died if he kissed her I don’t want to see him to kiss anybody but DD).  He just out of the blue say let’s get married and I have to stop and think he is just an immature guy still with a teenagers mind. 

• Like 5

HAHAHA, this show is hilarious.

I was wondering why Yeong-Guk was such a robot. A robot programmed in "uptight ahjussi" mode at that. So there will be a bigger contrast when he lost his memories and became his 22-years old self!

The 22-years old Yeong-Suk is so hilarious! Ji Hyeon-Wu is awesome at this!

Although he is kind of an immature 22. More like a bratty teenager. And where did he suddenly get his 22-year old wardrobe? Did he dig through storage? But I don't care, he is so cute and funny! It is awesome that he keeps calling Dan2 and Sara "nuna."

For once, I enjoy a character's amnesia and hope it lasts for a while.

I think his dead wife is controlling the magical handkerchief from beyond and leading him to Dan2 as the Chosen Bride. But that would mean that she caused her husband to fall off a mountain and bash his head. Yeesh.

About whether Dan2's stepmom is shallow and stupid - think about Yeong-Guk's stepmom, and Sara's mom - they are *all* written and performed to be shallow and stupid. Their little plots are just a bunch of clown hijinks. It's a little offensive and sad if you think too hard about it, because all these middle-aged women characters were created to be money-grubbing parasites... but yeah, I'm just saying, she's not alone.

And I don't think Dan2's stepmom is all that terrible. Just silly. And it's completely unfair for Dan2's father to let his daughter think that her mother left and later died because he had an affair with his current wife. In fact, she was an infant when they got together, so I'm not sure why they ever told her anything.

The actor playing Se-Jong is flippin' adorable. But does he have to bawl in every episode? He is so good at it, and it's so cute, but I'm beginning to feel kind of bad for this little boy.

Just put some random non-Asian people in the background... and hey, you're in America!

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

I was wondering why Yeong-Guk was such a robot. A robot programmed in "uptight ahjussi" mode at that. So there will be a bigger contrast when he lost his memories and became his 22-years old self!

Although he is kind of an immature 22. More like a bratty teenager. And where did he suddenly get his 22-year old wardrobe? Did he dig through storage? But I don't care, he is so cute and funny! It is awesome that he keeps calling Dan2 and Sara "nuna."

I think his dead wife is controlling the magical handkerchief from beyond and leading him to Dan2 as the Chosen Bride. But that would mean that she caused her husband to fall off a mountain and bash his head. Yeesh.

About whether Dan2's stepmom is shallow and stupid - think about Yeong-Guk's stepmom, and Sara's mom - they are *all* written and performed to be shallow and stupid. Their little plots are just a bunch of clown hijinks. It's a little offensive and sad if you think too hard about it, because all these middle-aged women characters were created to be money-grubbing parasites... but yeah, I'm just saying, she's not alone.

And I don't think Dan2's stepmom is all that terrible. Just silly. And it's completely unfair for Dan2's father to let his daughter think that her mother left and later died because he had an affair with his current wife. In fact, she was an infant when they got together, so I'm not sure why they ever told her anything.

The actor playing Se-Jong is flippin' adorable. But does he have to bawl in every episode? He is so good at it, and it's so cute, but I'm beginning to feel kind of bad for this little boy.

Just put some random foreign people in the background... and hey, you're in America!

Yes DD’s stepmom is terrible when she reached and took DD’s earned money knowing she wouldn’t get paid for 3 months and then hid it from her dad that is just lowdown told me what she was and is now. I don’t even think she loves her husband he’s just been a meal ticket to her and her son. DD must of grew up feeling some love from her Dad but not her stepmom 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lfd said:

I think the handkerchief will have a part in him regaining his memory because it had a part in his memory lost. And does Sara not have a brain to think ahead he will be more angry at her for lying to him that split second when he was about to kiss her he had a memory that stopped him (thank goodness I would have died if he kissed her I don’t want to see him to kiss anybody but DD).  He just out of the blue say let’s get married and I have to stop and think he is just an immature guy still with a teenagers mind. 

That's the whole point about SR (and DR) for that matter.   They don't think through things - they strictly react based on their selfish emotions.   The more I think about it, I'm feeling that a combination of the handkerchief and one (or more) huge missteps by SR/DR will lead YK to regain his memory. 

I know it's dangerous to read too much into previews.  But as I'm watching the preview for ep 19 again, I noticed that YK is only shown once.   For some reason, I take that as a good sign that he'll regain his memory soon.   I could be wrong but I feel that if they really want to drag on the amnesia storyline, they'd show more scenes of him acting as the 22 YO.     We shall see!

• Like 8

I have sat by patiently waiting to comment on this thread, and now that things have taken a turn, I have some thoughts.

First, let’s discuss Dan Dan’s family. I really hate that her mother abandoned her, but I understand it. Somewhat. Clearly Anna Kim is an intelligent and ambitious woman and saw fit 20 plus years ago to go after her dreams. It was selfish, yes, but she would’ve deteriorated had she stayed. Accident and all she managed to make a big success of herself in another country. Let’s look at Soo Chul. He is extremely passive aggressive. He goes along with things and honestly him getting entangled with his wife and her family has led him to the worst of the worst. Everyone keeps trying to figure out how he is doing these menial jobs when he is smart and capable, well every time he gets ahead in any way, his wife finds some way to mess it up. What awful luck.

Dae Bum and Se Ryeon, the star crossed lovers. Both were brought in unfortunate family situations that they have no control over. DB being raised to do nothing is indicative of the toxicity of his family. It wasn’t until he started dating SR that we start to see his awareness of who and what he should be as a man. Now, he wants to work, or make something of himself. He has had many failed businesses in the past, I think with the right mentoring, he could be really successful. But of course, family interference tore them apart, and I felt so sorry for SR sitting in that bathroom at the wedding chapel crying in humiliation because of her mother’s greed. I hope these two can reconcile, they really do make one another better.

Sa Ra and her mom, Ki Ja are the most delusional. Sa Ra knew YK never had feelings for her which is why she worked for him for 5 years keeping her mouth shut. It wasn’t until Kook Hee, (Mi-Sook’s sister) decided to confess that she decided to become more aggressive. Then when she blurted out her feelings, YK was so upset, he accepted her resignation. Now her mother is a whole mess! One would think if she was going to steal that she would take what she needed. No, she takes EVERYTHING from DAE Ran like an idiot. 

Young Kook gave me the impression that he had been working on autopilot. It’s easy for people to fall into a robotic routine when dealing with grief. He and his children miserably were going through the motions until Dan Dan appeared. Sa Ra had no affect on that family. She was just an employee. Then enters Dan Dan who is actually paying attention to the kids and forms a bond with all of them and now they are a happy family again.

I knew when the amnesia arc came into play the writers would have a hard time explaining YK forgetting his feelings, but it was well done. Imagine getting proposed to and your “lover” can’t even kiss you. The heart is quite the muscle and it doesn’t forget, so his heart beating fast while watching Dan Dan makes so much sense. I predict a runaway groom this time. :) 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Lfd said:

Yes DD’s stepmom is terrible when she reached and took DD’s earned money knowing she wouldn’t get paid for 3 months and then hid it from her dad that is just lowdown told me what she was and is now. I don’t even think she loves her husband he’s just been a meal ticket to her and her son. DD must of grew up feeling some love from her Dad but not her stepmom 

I totally agree, I can't defend that. But the show began with her taking their house deposit and letting Dae-Beom invest with it, losing everything. And she did that without telling her husband, and they lost their home.

Also, when the rest of the family (Grandma, Gun, etc.) rolled back into town, they gave Su-Cheol $50,000 in repayment for a loan he gave them. Apparently Gun used it to invest in a business, and lost it all. And the $50,000 is only partial repayment. So how much of Su-Cheol's money did they blow in total? I'm estimating that it's about $400,000 to $500,000. Possibly more.

Compared to all that, Stepmom accepting DD's advance wages is just more of the same and not that surprising.

So... I think the lesson is that this whole family is just not good with money and should never be allowed to make investment decisions for themselves. :piggie:

But I don't think they're evil people. Just bad with money.

Okay, how many of you called that as soon as Yeong-Guk went missing, Evil Stepmom would immediately begin plotting to take over the company? (This happened!)

And how many of you thought that when Yeong-Guk began to regain some memories at the golf course, Sara was going to bean him on the head with her golf club? (Didn't happen! At least not yet.)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I totally agree, I can't defend that. But the show began with her taking their house deposit and letting Dae-Beom invest with it, losing everything. And she did that without telling her husband, and they lost their home.

Also, when the rest of the family (Grandma, Gun, etc.) rolled back into town, they gave Su-Cheol $50,000 in repayment for a loan he gave them. Apparently Gun used it to invest in a business, and lost it all. And the $50,000 is only partial repayment. So how much of Su-Cheol's money did they blow in total? I'm estimating that it's about $400,000 to $500,000. Possibly more.

Compared to all that, Stepmom accepting DD's advance wages is just more of the same and not that surprising.

So... I think the lesson is that this whole family is just not good with money and should never be allowed to make investment decisions for themselves. :piggie:

Okay, how many of you called that as soon as Yeong-Guk went missing, Evil Stepmom would immediately begin plotting to take over the company? (This happened!)

And how many of you thought that when Yeong-Guk began to regain some memories at the golf course, Sara was going to bean him on the head with her golf club? (Didn't happen! At least not yet.)

DD’s dad would have been better off without them financially in his life

• Like 5

Let's think about it.  Would 22-year old YG be more attracted to a pretty 36-year old ajumma or a pretty 26-year old noona?  

This memory loss is going to help him be more comfortable with liking DD, regardless of the age gap.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

On 11/22/2021 at 2:29 PM, chickfactor said:

Maybe not evil people but sure borderline  lol. 

• Like 5

On 11/22/2021 at 8:06 PM, chickfactor said:

Just put some random non-Asian people in the background... and hey, you're in America!

Hi chingu,

I do agreed with you that little Se-Jong is darn cute and adorable and he fits into the role very well.

As for DD's stepmom, Sara's mum and Se-Yeon's mum, all these three ladies are money hungry.

Se-Yeon and Dae-Bum are good match as couple ,hope they reconcile again. No doubt Dae Bum trying

his very best to earn money and stand on his own feet, hope he succeeded and never fails again.

YG amnesia wont be long and I think he will never marry Sa Ra since he is having flash back on his past

before he lost his memory.

• Like 6

Just able to finished ep 5 (I am as slow as snail ) :wub:

1. Now I can be more understanding to Sa Ra after watching her background story. I am a mother ^_*

At first I felt strange because of she intimidates Dan dan when she is only a house manager and always want to know everything about Se Jong. I feel her. Also her dream to married Mr. Lee was seem ridiculous to me but now I get it. It’s just if her ambition to married him because of she wants to be a rich mrs. Then I wouldn’t be this understanding anymore hahaha.

I get it why she said earlier “love is petty.” I was asking why she has to be petty, but now oh okay. Sometimes people can be petty after getting through a kind of life like her. 

2. Sometimes Dan dan can be very rude to her mom. Even though mom is a fool but I feel that it doesn’t has to be rude to a mother. 

3. I still enjoying dae bum and se ryong’s love story. Hahaha. Her vision in life is still my favorite. What is mine is yours. My money is your money hahaha

• Like 6

I don't know why I get these random thoughts.   Anyway, here's the latest "theory" I have.    Due to his amnesia, YK will still agree to marry SR but he slowly regains a little of his memory at a time - mostly through missteps SR makes.   As we've already seen, SR isn't exactly a chess thinker.    She will continue to make mistake after mistake which YK will keep track of at 22, and then, 41 YO.   Then, just before they get married, he's presented with the handkerchief.   Then, it all comes back full circle.  

I also feel for Dae Bum and Se Ryeon.    While they're both quite young and immature, they're not evil hearted by any means.   It's painfully obvious how much they love each other.   As the prototypical Romeo and Juliet K-drama couple, let's see how they will end up together. 

I know some feel that Soo-Cheol is too nice and a pushover.     The world would be a much better place if there were more Soo-Cheol's in it.    I'll leave it at that!

With his soon to be gone amnesia, YK will certainly view DD in a new light.    Less hesitations about expressing his love for DD.   Let's see how soon this happens!

Finally, I would say send SR and DR to prison but I think prison's too good for them!

• Like 5

On 11/21/2021 at 1:29 PM, Lfd said:

Yes yes and I see it now the Hanky will bring his memories back guess it’s still out there flying around

When the writers introduced the hanky I thought it would become an object of sadness and grief but I like they way it's being used as a carrier of good things, love, reunion, trust and faith etc.  

On 11/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, TheaN said:

Let's think about it.  Would 22-year old YG be more attracted to a pretty 36-year old ajumma or a pretty 26-year old noona?  

This memory loss is going to help him be more comfortable with liking DD, regardless of the age gap.

Doesn't it say a lot when a 22 year old uninhibited young man instinctively turns away from wanting to kiss his "fiancee"? His body and mind knows SR is not the one even if his memory is on a break.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, seungshin said:

When the writers introduced the hanky I thought it would become an object of sadness and grief but I like they way it's being used as a carrier of good things, love, reunion, trust and faith etc.  

Doesn't it say a lot when a 22 year old uninhibited young man instinctively turns away from wanting to kiss his "fiancee"? His body and mind knows SR is not the one even if his memory is on a break.

I'm with you on this.    No doubt YK's subconscious is still alive and kicking.   It cannot be coincidence that he refused to kiss SR but his heart still flutters for DD.    Now we're talking about one really important hanky! 

As an aside, knowing how K-dramas work, I'm wondering if anyone wants to guess how many more obstacles YK and DD will have to go through AFTER YK gets his memory back.   I'm guessing three.

1.  Some random guy comes along to get in their way by making moves on DD.  
2.  YK's and DD's families are both against it.    

3.   People talking/gossiping about their age difference.

• Like 4