[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

On 10/25/2021 at 10:22 AM, classyviews said:

This drama is my new crack. Like i know its mostly train wreck and only partly story. But i am hooked. And now that the romance is starting.. I am going to take a break and wait for the next 10 eps before tuning in. 

The story is going super fast for a 50 ep weekend drama. Like conflicts and resolutions finish in 2-3 episodes which is Damn fast in K drama standards. So hopefully this amnesia angle [ Which I HATE] goes away soon. 

Now Se Ra, in my opinion doesnt deserve anything or anyone. Like this maniac obsession towards her dead friends husband is CRAZY and disrespectful. 

Here is to more chaos thats coming. 

I admire your self control.  I wish I could wait until all 50 episodes are over and binge start to finish and get it over with, that's how I usually watch this weekend dramas, but here I am waiting for the next episode with this one and it drives me crazy.  Like all dramas, this show is a total fantasy at every level but why not indulge, huh?  

• Like 3

Oh please!

Save your scheming ahjumma.

Seriously she's only pushing Dan2 & Yong Gook closer together. Sa Ra is shameless, get it together woman. It's been years & he's not looked at you as more than just a staff/employee LoL. Have some dignity damn it.

Thank goodness for Se Chan! The only snake here is you gran. What a role model you're becoming for your grandkids disgusting. 

Sa Ra should have her driver's license revoked. She really gives women a bad rep for being bad drivers. What're the men in South Korea eating LoL!? They're all close to over 6ft tall. Or are the women really short ha-ha?!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

I started watching this drama late, and finally caught up.  Ep 12 was pretty good, though the cute little kid wasn't there much at all. 

This drama doesn't take itself seriously at all, so I guess we shouldn't either.  Don't be too critical and just enjoy it as a good weekend ride.  Like one of you said, the acting is very often amateurish, but even that seems to be to make it a lighter drama. Many of them are established actors who can certainly do more natural acting than they are asked to do.  The old mistress (who is a veteran actress) was actually quite funny today, with her exaggerated acting.

The story has more complicated relationships than my head can process.  I can hardly remember whose dad is who, whose mom is who, who is adopted, who is a blood-relation, and who knows who!

But it has been a fun ride so far.  Faster paced than in the usual long weekend dramas.  The annoying issues seem to get cleared up fast, which is nice. I am glad that the "lost memory" part hasn't started.  No hint of it in the preview at the end of Ep 12 either.  I wish we didn't know that it is coming.  I hate it, like all of you.  Hopefully it will come and go in a couple of episodes and won't go on for ever.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

It is 3 p.m. Central Standard Time and Kocowa still has not released this episode. There are no special maintenance alerts for today but somebody taking their time. Maybe because it's Halloween?

Then after they post it we have to wait a day before it gets sub. I go ahead and watch the main leads parts without subs then go back to watch

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@jayakris welcome :) long time no see. Remember Sunny Again Tomorrow?

Thanks.  Oh God, don't remind me of SAT... I still get nightmares about that character Ji Eun in that drama and all her lies and evil acts!  It got sunny only for the last 2 episodes or something, after we waited for months :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, jayakris said:

I started watching this drama late, and finally caught up.  Ep 12 was pretty good, though the cute little kid wasn't there much at all. 

This drama doesn't take itself seriously at all, so I guess we shouldn't either.  Don't be too critical and just enjoy it as a good weekend ride.  Like one of you said, the acting is very often amateurish, but even that seems to be to make it a lighter drama. Many of them are established actors who can certainly do more natural acting than they are asked to do.  The old mistress (who is a veteran actress) was actually quite funny today, with her exaggerated acting.

The story has more complicated relationships than my head can process.  I can hardly remember whose dad is who, whose mom is who, who is adopted, who is a blood-relation, and who knows who!

But it has been a fun ride so far.  Faster paced than in the usual long weekend dramas.  The annoying issues seem to get cleared up fast, which is nice. I am glad that the "lost memory" part hasn't started.  No hint of it in the preview at the end of Ep 12 either.  I wish we didn't know that it is coming.  I hate it, like all of you.  Hopefully it will come and go in a couple of episodes and won't go on for ever.

I totally agree with your take on this drama, which is why I'm enjoying it so much I think.  This drama doesn't take itself seriously.  Maybe because the main lead story line is too fantastical (even by the weekend Kdrama standard) that it has to buttress it with comedy.  Even the evil Sa Ra doesn't take her role very seriously.  They show it with humour and humorous music.  The madam is definitely supposed to be the comic part of the drama.  The most intelligent and serious words come out of the kids mouths. Se Chan's line in EP 12 is deep and multi-layered.  So in a way this is satirical comedy.  And in these serious times, I love this interlude.  

• Like 5

Enjoying the heck out of this drama!

I'm surprised the wife and the nation's grandma didn't do anything to muck up the reunion (though it helps that she's rich). I'm glad Se Chan got to shine this episode as he's been given the short end of the stick so far in terms of screen time.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, jayakris said:

The old mistress (who is a veteran actress) was actually quite funny today, with her exaggerated acting.

I like her. She is a very nice person in real life. She was a guest star in the Return of Superman, visiting Kim Soo-mi, and her daughter-in-law, actress Seo Hyo-rim (who was in the daily "It is my Life"). Strangely she was voice actor of Mazinger, the Japanese manga series, which I used to watch in my childhood lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Young-ok_(actress)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2