[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495133wpp/jirisan-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-young-lady-and-gentleman-breaks-30-percent-for-new-all-time-high?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-container-ios&utm_content=37881c&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module

Not a surprise. There is great writing and acting in this drama. I disagree with those who say the drama reminds them of the ones 10 years ago.  This one moves at a faster speed than most weekend drama I’ve seen. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I just read, whoah, memory loss? I hadn't seen it coming, I imagine it will happen by the time he's ready to tell DD his feelings, so this step ( memory loss)  will probably last for several episodes

So SR after hurting the leads:rage:, will end up with DD's uncle quietly,:sleeping: but lol

I’m not a fan of the amnesia story line.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I was watching an old drama entitled "Save the Family". The actress playing Sara's mom was there in a totally different role, with no thumbs up :D

here she is wearing a hat and trousers with straps, she looks like a farmer lol.

She was amazing in Marriage Contract and absolutely did not have the "thumbs up" move. I guess it's a distinguishing character trait for her role.... Probably added in there by the writer or director..... Every time she raises her thumbs I laugh because I remember the comments here.:D

My favourite couple is the useless son and his Noona, the rich girl. They look good together and their arc could be emotionally fulfilling.

Amnesia, the male lead shouting at the beginning of episode 10, the cat fights and mummy pulling the hair of her 36year old daughter.... I guess we can't have it all. I'll have to wait a while for another amazing weekend drama like "Once Again". Till then... Thumbs up!!:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

My favourite couple is the useless son and his Noona, the rich girl. They look good together and their arc could be emotionally fulfilling.

It took me a couple of episodes to recognize her with the long hair. She was the antagonist in "My Only One." I like her in this role.

• Like 5

This drama is my new crack. Like i know its mostly train wreck and only partly story. But i am hooked. And now that the romance is starting.. I am going to take a break and wait for the next 10 eps before tuning in. 

The story is going super fast for a 50 ep weekend drama. Like conflicts and resolutions finish in 2-3 episodes which is Damn fast in K drama standards. So hopefully this amnesia angle [ Which I HATE] goes away soon. 

Now Se Ra, in my opinion doesnt deserve anything or anyone. Like this maniac obsession towards her dead friends husband is CRAZY and disrespectful. 

Here is to more chaos thats coming. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

LEE YOUNG-GUK / cast. Ji Hyun-woo
When his wife, Young-ae, passed away a year ago, he was utterly bereft that he failed to take care of his three children. It was Dan-dan who made him realize that children also have feelings and thoughts. From that moment on, his heart slowly beats for her, and he starts leaning on her, who’s 14 years his junior. Meanwhile, Young-guk loses all the memories since he was 22. And Sara quietly approaches him and tells him that they had actually been an item on the down-low (in a romantic relationship in secret) But strangely, Young-guk finds himself more attracted to Dan-dan.

Source:KBSWORLD. PS: many thanks @Bejaffled :wub:

Seems he forgets his past when he was 22, which means he won't remember his encounter with the teenager Dan Dan and the bicycle incident. Will Sara convince him that SJ was their child out of this alleged relationship?
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:
When his wife, Young-ae, passed away a year ago, he was utterly bereft that he failed to take care of his three children. It was Dan-dan who made him realize that children also have feelings and thoughts. From that moment on, his heart slowly beats for her, and he starts leaning on her, who’s 14 years his junior. Meanwhile, Young-guk loses all the memories since he was 22. And Sara quietly approaches him and tells him that they had actually been an item on the down-low. But strangely, Young-guk finds himself more attracted to Dan-dan.

Source:KBSWORLD.

Seems he forgets his past when he was 22, which means he won't remember his encounter with the teenager Dan Dan and the bicycle incident.

I like that when the brain is doing a reset (memory loss), the heart remembers the path and shows the way.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:
When his wife, Young-ae, passed away a year ago, he was utterly bereft that he failed to take care of his three children. It was Dan-dan who made him realize that children also have feelings and thoughts. From that moment on, his heart slowly beats for her, and he starts leaning on her, who’s 14 years his junior. Meanwhile, Young-guk loses all the memories since he was 22. And Sara quietly approaches him and tells him that they had actually been an item on the down-low (in a romantic relationship in secret) But strangely, Young-guk finds himself more attracted to Dan-dan.

Source:KBSWORLD. PS: many thanks @Bejaffled :wub:

Seems he forgets his past when he was 22, which means he won't remember his encounter with the teenager Dan Dan and the bicycle incident. Will Sara convince him that SJ was their child out of this alleged relationship?

Okay that is what I thought, he forgot that he met teenager Dan Dan and the bike incident. That is how I understood it.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

The actress playin' Dan2 reminds me so much of My Roommate Is A Gumiho's Hyeri?! And the kid playin' Se Jong is just too precious...

The cast is mostly familiar faces except for fl. I can see why netizens pick on ml's acting. In fact the level of acting overall here feel amateurish anyways LoL so it's not just him.

Already Dan2 has endeared herself to the kids and Yong Gook himself seem to glance over at her more than once. It's an ok watch.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Okay that is what I thought, he forgot that he met teenager Dan Dan and the bike incident. That is how I understood it.

But I don't get why the writers made it so?  Is it by happenstance or did they mean to make him forget the experience of meeting Dan Dan?  I guess we will find out.  

This video popped up in my feed and noticed that even real life Sa Ra actor reaches out her hand to Se Jong actor but he doesn't oblige her, poignant and funny.  The main lead the same, not holding Sa Ra actor's hand even though he could as a colleague in a promo video.  Maybe they breathe and live the script intensely enough they become the characters in some way :) Just thinking out loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDAWct64as&ab_channel=KstarNOW

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seungshin said:

But I don't get why the writers made it so?  Is it by happenstance or did they mean to make him forget the experience of meeting Dan Dan?  I guess we will find out.  

This video popped up in my feed and noticed that even real life Sa Ra actor reaches out her hand to Se Jong actor but he doesn't oblige her, poignant and funny.  The main lead the same, not holding Sa Ra actor's hand even though he could as a colleague in a promo video.  Maybe they breathe and live the script intensely enough they become the characters in some way :) Just thinking out loud.

But at this point neither one knows or remember each other do they I missed that if one does. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seungshin said:

Not sure, Yeah we will find out.

• Like 2

I still feel some comedy in the drama, especially Kang Eun Tak's scenes :) I became his fan after watching Man in a veil.

I really like the main lead too, the actor is good looking lol, Dan Dan made him smile at last. 

No need to say that the child Woo Jin is such a dear. I saw him in A man in a veil, he is so adorable and talented.

The actress playing Dan Dan is young and cheerful and her scenes with YG and the children are so good. Anna Kim protecting her child is so good too. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Lfd said:

But at this point neither one knows or remember each other do they I missed that if one does. 

As far as I know, neither remembers that meeting. I'd hazard a guess that YG will recall it once he regains his memories after the memory loss. But then, that meeting isn't really relevant for them to remember so I wouldn't be surprised if it's never mentioned again either. It has done its purpose of making them "fated" along with showing YG's personality before his wife died.

• Like 2