[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Me too feel that the kiss is just a lips gluing to another lips.. No feel at all..

I also feel that Mu Deok character is too comedy so the feelings that she needs to show to Jang Uk does not deliver.. as it supposed to be?

I wish too that Mu Deok can be more serious and dramatic but she is not.. and I don’t blame the actress of course. It is just the lines and the story make it..

if I remember again about hong sisters kdramas such as: my gf is a gumiho, korean odyssey, hotel del luna, and now alchemy of souls, I find it that all female charaters almost same.. less feelings, more myth/ghost, and deadly.. this is make it difficult to feel the romance if they want to add romance in their story.. 

but yah.. this is just my opinion as a viewer.. for years.. from what I feel when watch their dramas <3

do hong sisters married? from their writing I can feel that the writer are more like alpha female hehehe.. 

• Like 6

I'm starting to think that we'll never see Mudeok in BuYeon, Nasku always wanted to regain her powers, and the rumors about So Min's departure, it's a shame, I would have liked to see her regain her rights and break this family, she would be on the same footing as Jang Uk and Yul, but after Nasku is not Mudeok, she would not care

• Like 4

the almost kiss was so sensual          :fullofhearts:

FY-ibheaAAATikN?format=jpg&name=small

the real kiss was innocent. Uk was caring because he didnt want to scare her.

She was upset and he simply wanted to calm her down.

He managed to do that. Mudeok closed her eyes.   

:fullofhearts:

FY7L-ltVUAAX_5a?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

My opinion, sooner or later they need to put kiss scene since it already episode 14. I don't think pressure due to Extraordinary Attorney Woo drama. It is kind of expectation from k-netz too since this drama is romance fantasy drama. 

For me it doesn't matter since it quite subtle and I'm glad MuDeok/Naksu getting love by person she adored so much. Both of them love each other but difficult to express due to MuDeok real identity. What interesting is MuDeok technically two powerful mage in one body (BuYeon + Naksu) and I think that's why their energy cancel each other in real world but not in the soul realm. I think Naksu also mastered Chinsu since she could perform Tansu. Naksu able to open the Cheongbawn stellar gate and BuYeon could open the sky to clean the energy.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, orion00 said:

My opinion, sooner or later they need to put kiss scene since it already episode 14. I don't think pressure due to Extraordinary Attorney Woo drama. It is kind of expectation from k-netz too since this drama is romance fantasy drama. 

they finished shooting part 1 a few weeks ago, so it has nothing to do with other dramas, they wanted the kiss to come late that's all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

Master Lee is such a great character. I love the actor and he is so versatile! His identity is still vague and he is kind of protetctor to Uk-Naksu/MuDeok. Seo Yul and Uk face are priceless after discovering Master Lee know who is soul-shifter. I am sure Uk will confront Master Lee why he didn't tell him ealier that Master Lee aware about Naksu soul. And Master Lee shamelessly asking if Uk like MuDeok and he is aware Naksu is training Uk just like Sol know Naksu training Uk. 

Why I am thinking Sol do have Naksu original body because he asked MuDeok to promise him to help him bring back someone to Seoho fortress? When Sol want to separate MuDeok and Uk, I'm thinking he also want to save Naksu dan want to avoid Uk do reckless thing to save MuDeok/Naksu? 

Just now, marrez1 said:

they finished shooting part 1 a few weeks ago, so it has nothing to do with other dramas, they wanted the kiss to come late that's all

Yes true. I read someone it related to the pressure of popularity EOW but knowing many k-drama for Netflix done pre-production so it doesn't make sense. Looking at the background, they probably shooting the kiss around early this year because I saw some remnants of snow at the nearby hill. 

• Like 5

i'm almost done with ep14.. the 2 women that had a feud with So-I that Jin Mu intentionally feed off to.. the soul shifter is the real queen in Shaman Choi's body isn't it? her gestures and way of speaking were of elegance and royalty.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, orion00 said:

Why I am thinking Sol do have Naksu original body because he asked MuDeok to promise him to help him bring back someone to Seoho fortress? When Sol want to separate MuDeok and Uk, I'm thinking he also want to save Naksu dan want to avoid Uk do reckless thing to save MuDeok/Naksu? 

Wasn't Naksu's body burned? I dunno, I feel like he simply wants Naksu. He is well aware of the fact that she loves Uk, but he can't quite give up and leave them to their happiness. He keeps hoping if he gets her away from Uk, she'll forget him and want Yul instead. Er, sorry, Yul. It doesn't work that way. (And frankly, getting her to promise to bring herself without realizing what she is promising sounds flat-out manipulative, and it's one of the times I have LEAST liked this character.)

But to give him the benefit of the doubt, I will also say that I think he does still value his friendship with Uk, likely worries that Uk will be in danger if Mudeok goes rogue, could have revealed Mudeok/Naksu but hasn't, and likely is tearing himself up inside in case she does go rogue and he has to kill the girl he loves. I think he would rather be the one to do it than someone else. And I'm sure he knows that Uk would never do that, no matter what the circumstance.  Anyway, Yul sure has a lot going on in his head. Much as I am annoyed with him, I also feel sorry for him. 

I did think it was fun to see Uk and Yul's faces when Master Lee said he knew when people were soul shifters. Busted! :D

• Like 5

1 minute ago, frozentundra said:

Wasn't Naksu's body burned? I dunno, I feel like he simply wants Naksu. He is well aware of the fact that she loves Uk, but he can't quite give up and leave them to their happiness. He keeps hoping if he gets her away from Uk, she'll forget him and want Yul instead. Er, sorry, Yul. It doesn't work that way. (And frankly, getting her to promise to bring herself without realizing what she is promising sounds flat-out manipulative, and it's one of the times I have LEAST liked this character.)

Yul character even look just another sweet/poker face second male lead but I think it is more complicated from what we see from the surface. Since this is fantasy drama, we could expect a lot of plot twist (as we seen a lot so far until now) and probably the one get burned is the fake body. 

Yul backstory not been told yet, we know he is the heir of Seonho fortress (just revealed in episode 13 and 14) and we still don't know why he keep running to Danhyuk (sorry for the spelling) when he was a child. He is also kind of experience some abuse when he was a child. 

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

the soul shifter is the real queen in Shaman Choi's body isn't it? her gestures and way of speaking were of elegance and royalty.

Do you mean the court lady? If this true, I wonder what is their purpose to shift the body.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

But to give him the benefit of the doubt, I will also say that I think he does still value his friendship with Uk, likely worries that Uk will be in danger if Mudeok goes rogue, could have revealed Mudeok/Naksu but hasn't, and likely is tearing himself up inside in case she does go rogue and he has to kill the girl he loves. I think he would rather be the one to do it than someone else. And I'm sure he knows that Uk would never do that, no matter what the circumstance.  Anyway, Uk sure has a lot going on in his head. Much as I am annoyed with him, I also feel sorry for him. 

I did think it was fun to see Uk and Yul's faces when Master Lee said he knew when people were soul shifters. Busted! :D

Actually I got a feeling Yul managed to preserve Natsu's body and kept it secretly somewhere, the burnt body was not Natsu's body... Which was why he said when he would be leaving to return home, he would be taking someone home with him and he needed Mu-deok's help.   Think he is the type capable of just preserving Natsu's body in his secret mage magic even if Natsu's soul refused to return to the body. :crazymad:   impact of first love?   

I believe this would be left until later as a cliffhanger of whether the Natsu in Mu-Deok left the body and return into Natsu's body.   I also think the rumour of Jung So Min not confirmed in Season is only a decoy to keep us guessing the storyline...otherwise too predictable.      I could jolly well be wrong but I feel it in my bones that JSM would return in season 2 as Bu-yeon aka original Mu-Deok.   She is one person too powerful to be left dead in season 1, we probably need her and Jang Uk to solve the chaos created by the evil forces.   However, how the love line pans out in the end is something my gut is not certain about because I am still not sure the person in Mu-deok now is she completely Natsu or Natsu under the influence of Bu-yeon?  :idk:  So I think there is plot twist, not so simple...

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Actually I got a feeling Yul managed to preserve Natsu's body and kept it secretly somewhere, the burnt body was not Natsu's body... Which was why he said when he would be leaving to return home, he would be taking someone home with him and he needed Mu-deok's help. 

Yup this is my feeling too. But still unsure of his motive since he know that Naksu soul now very attach with Jang Uk. 

• Like 4

finally completed the whole episode

hahaha i like the Crown Prince still being so protective over Mu Deok.. although he felt hurt being made used of with the 10 golden toads.. or technically speaking, 9 lol he is really a great powerful friend to have, although he gave the credits to Jang Uk when he spoke to the 3 RickRoll'D kisser mages.

frog GIF

i think the Crown Prince has a big heart, he would definitely be a good king material.

and yes, Yun Ok was there in the same room treating the King, so i'm hopeful she would be the one for the Crown Prince eventually..

==

i doubt Teacher Lee is a soul shifter.. he is just casting out baits testing the queen.. but he isn't entirely wrong about being able to recognise soul shifters, except that Salsapi would be able to sniff them out better than him..

i'm sure he knows of Naksu inside Mu Deok, but not know that Mu Deok is Bu Yeon.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i doubt Teacher Lee is a soul shifter.. he is just casting out baits testing the queen.. but he isn't entirely wrong about being able to recognise soul shifters, except that Salsapi would be able to sniff them out better than him..

i'm sure he knows of Naksu inside Mu Deok, but not know that Mu Deok is Bu Yeon.

I also find Master Lee's revelation a bit shocking.   Soul-shifting to attain a youthful look does not seem like the work of a respectable mage.   So....it's hard to believe....but being able to detect soul shifter is a real skill that he has somehow managed to attain through his training I guess.   I think his chastity training is likely the secret to his youthful looks.   It is no secret that staying celibate can prolong a person's life so it also probably keeps one young too. :doggie:

I agree he seemed to be baiting the shaman soul-shifter to show her true colours and I don't think he has fully figured out Mu-deok yet except that she is not the typical soul-shifter, hence he is still kind to her.

• Like 5

Yep, agree that Master Lee is bluffing there. He's such a fun character. I'm sure he knows he'll shock everyone with that revelation, lol.

I hadn't thought of Yul maybe substituting Naksu's body somehow. Maybe? We really don't know a lot about him, do we? Like we know none of his relatives at all, and it's a bit of a mystery about what his family is like. They don't seem to interact at all with the people in town. I think we will find out more about them in future, though.

I am all for Yun Ok getting together with the crown prince. She seems like a nice person and she can't help it if she showed up amidst all kinds of love triangles and dramas. Given the amount of creepy people in the castle right now, it would be nice if Won had someone clear-thinking, with morals, by his side. I also would rather Uk become a powerful head mage than the king. He's super impulsive. The crown prince isn't impulsive (nor is he very smart, lol), but I feel like he is learning important things, and I would really love it if he did become an amazing king, backed by his besties over at Songrim. He deserves better!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

I just watched the last two episodes and I agree with all the Master Lee fans - he is stealing the show and is def the strongest character re pull. He’s wise and just fun to watch. I also like Uk as a character and well as Naksu but the writing for them is not so good - their development, progress, and relationship. It just lacks emotional depth for me and more like - since they are the leads, it must be etc. I also like the CP - he grew on me hahah - kudo to the actor for playing him so well. 

The overall pacing is soooooo slow - it’s the way the show is written - it lacks momentum and is uneven. Like there are certain bits that are good and then we get sidetracked and things are stalled again. Truths are revealed at a snails pace too. 

• Like 6

Even monks grow old. Celibacy isn’t collagen. It must be magic that keeps Master Lee looking like that when he is supposedly over a century old. But how? Soul Shifting is one way to explain it. I am curious about how the story will unfold next week. 

The part that got me hurrying through life to watch…the Wookie-Dookie connection! Hmmm…had I not known it would happen, I would have been nicely surprised by his ‘attack when the enemy least expects’ move. It was slick, exactly what Uk would do so it was very in character. 

But expectation really kills enjoyment, huh. The screenshot was in my head the whole time I was watching so comparison was inevitable. 

The thrill came from the satisfaction that something finally happened but not so much the moment. I didn’t enjoy the sight of both being quite nonchalant and/or dismissive about it. No hand-holding or hugs? What?! If she didn’t call him back about the jade, he’d just turn and go? So…transactional…like he just put a gentle chop on a document. So subtle it’s subliminal. 

The last fight though made me sit up and watch. I really loved that Yul and Uk (Chisu!) fought the last duel. And that the CP made it happen. Kekeke. One jealous monkey there. If he gets his way, MuDeok would probably be safer stowed in Yul’s faraway fortress, shrouded by walls, magic and distance. I think that is perhaps where she’ll spent her days restoring her magic till end of Part 1, and Uk might get visitation rights while he rises through the ranks in Songrim and solve the Sorcerer Choi problem. 

They meet again in Part 2 as a powerful magic-wielding duo, this time with love bubbling over, just like the founder/s and finally bam! deliver on that kiss we’ve been waiting for. Happy ever after. 

@partyon

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1