[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

Lovers of the Red Sky Episode 6 Crosses 10% Ratings as Chun Gi Takes a Step Forward as a Painter and a Step Back in Her Childhood Love Reunion

September 15,2021

E_Wl3K5XsAMyRVz?format=jpg&name=medium

Lovers of the Red Sky isn't a great sageuk (so far) by any measure of a drama but it does two things exceptionally well - keep the narrative fast paced and interesting and the elements tightly meshed together. There is a coherence to this drama and that threads are all interconnected. Episode 6 got 10.2% ratings soa new high and also crossing into the two digit mark is no small feat these days.

E_Wl45YX0A076O7?format=jpg&name=medium

The painting competition comes to a close and I thoroughly enjoyed the poetic topics and how the different painters interpreted and conveyed the theme from their own skill and perspective. Prince Yangmyung finally felt like a fully rendered character and I'm going to enjoy seeing him stand up to power crazed hyung Prince Juhyang and fall for Chun Gi like he's halfway there already.

E_Wl6qMWQAIG99j?format=jpg&name=small

Unfortunately Ha Ram and Chun Gi are like 100% there in liking each other, those childhood flutters never went away and the reunion definitely lit the spark. Sadly the demon monster in Ha Ram means they can't even KISS (da fug) without him being triggered so Ha Ram goes from succumbing to his first genuine emotional attachment to running away as fast as his horse and his lies that he has no feelings for Chun Gi can take him. Which is like not far at all so Chun Gi better get her romantic gumption ready to start pursuing her man even if he keeps insisting he is like so not into her anymore.

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/09/15/lovers-of-the-red-sky-episode-6-crosses-10-ratings-as-chun-gi-takes-a-step-forward-as-a-painter-and-a-step-back-in-her-childhood-love-reunion/

"'Lovers Of The Red Sky' Ep 7 Trailer - Wait Two Weeks For Ahn Hyo Seop x Kim Yoo Jung" in YouTube

Spoiler

• Like 6

15 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Yes! Happy to see that the show hit the two digit mark already. Did they have any promise for achieving a certain rating? 

Am so glad they showed the kiss  scene this week and not make it a cliffhanger, whew! That would’ve been unbearable to wait hahaha

The build up to the kiss was done really well, too. When Ha Ram started reciting the peach farm scene for the prompt and Cheon Gi painting the scene as she remembers them, it was clear they were speaking to each other and have missed the other. By the time they went to the lakeside and repeated what they said when they were kids, their emotional reunion was palpable.

aaahhh so much feels!!

Yes I’m so glad they didn’t end the episode on a cliffhanger with the kiss scene! That would be a horrible wait, especially since it’s a 2 week wait for the next episode!! I love the build up as well and the parallelism from when they were kids. It was definitely well done and executed in my opinion!

13 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Great episodes ep5-6!... now this is what we are talking about, fast paced and by ep6, we have a kiss!... :lol:

Maybe i like paintings hence doesnt think its too long... though it did puzzeled me the style of drawing of the horses... but what do i know right, these are old age masters work :D ( i did wonder why paintings are prized works of previous East Asian dynasties )... 

Hehe I agree chingu, I didn’t think the painting competition was long and I enjoyed watching the competition :)

@Mymindisblank @shinkeru yes I agree with you guys and think that Yangmyeong might end up becoming the King… Right now the Crown Prince is ill and Juhyang is trying to take the throne, so I think Yangmyeong is the best fitted to be the king. Juhyang definitely shouldn’t be king in my opinion because he is greedy for the throne and was even willing to take in Ma Wang… I hope we’ll see Yangmyeong take more initiatives as a prince throughout the drama and see his leadership! 

9 hours ago, j9sshi said:

Now I really like YM too, but what has concerned me, is that regardless of whether he becomes King or not, he can make Cheon Gi his Royal Consort at any time if he chooses to.  Even though he gave into HR about the painting, if he continues to fall deeper for CG, he may not give in again. I hope is heart doesn't get too hardened with all the upcoming challenges (and we know there will be some), in that he will see that HR and CG are really meant to be for each other. 

Oh yeah I definitely see that happening about Hong Cheon Gi because he is obviously interested in her and we’ll see the love triangle form between the two. In the end though, I hope Yangmyeong would help Ha Ram and Hong Cheon Gi out with any hardships the two of them will have to face because of their fate.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

On 9/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

"'Lovers Of The Red Sky' Ep 7 Trailer - Wait Two Weeks For Ahn Hyo Seop x Kim Yoo Jung" in YouTube

Reveal hidden contents

Is that a new trailer for Ep 7?  Can someone translate what was said at the end?

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote videos, thanks!
  • Like 4

https://zapzee.net/2021/09/16/k-drama-review-lovers-of-the-red-sky-finding-the-balance-between-historical-drama-and-fantasy/
[K-Drama Review] ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’: Finding the Balance Between Historical Drama and Fantasy

by Cho EK | Edited by Seo Hae Lan | Translated by Cho EK | images: SBS

spacer.png

K-drama fans will be enjoying a lot of period series in the second half of the year. From August to December, various historical drama series in different genres like romance and comedy will air each month. The first runner-up series is Lovers of the Red Sky, a historical fantasy romance drama that came out after a long preparation.

In the first half of the year, there was a heated discussion about ‘creativity in drama series.’ Lovers of the Red Sky did not get a free pass from this debate. The original story is set in the Joseon Dynasty when King Sejong ruled the peninsula, and it centers around Prince Suyang and Prince Anpyeong. Joseon Exorcist, which aired on the same channel, was canceled after two episodes due to controversy over historical distortion in the piece. 
Therefore, it is natural that the viewers were a little alerted by the upcoming sequel. However, luckily, the new drama avoided controversy by settling the story in a fictional country inspired by Joseon.

Lovers of the Red Sky is set in a fictional country, Dan Guk. It revolves around a female painter with magical powers, Hong Chun Gi, and a red-eyed man, Ha Ram, who can read the constellations. They were bound by fate from the moment they were born by the power of goddess Sam Shin. Nine years later, boy Ha Ram stumbles upon Chun Gi, a blind girl who was taking care of her father. From then on, he cherishes the memory and vividly remembers the moment they spent together. However, during a rain ritual for well-being and the casting out of evil spirits, Ha Ram loses his sight, and Chun Gi restores her sight. Nineteen years later, Chun Gi becomes an excellent painter, and Ha Ram becomes an astrologer who reads stars. Soon, they meet again and fall in love without knowing who each other is.

Lovers of the Red Sky is a fantasy romance drama that makes use of its unique otherwordly setting. When the balance of power in the world has broken, the forces of life and death begin to clash. Amid the chaos, humans accept the power of death to gain more control, and a king’s portrait drawn by an artist with divine power is used for sealing the evil spirit they have summoned. However, Ha Ram loses his sight when the great devil who escaped from the portrait goes into his body and Ha Ram’s destined partner, Chun Gi, becomes the divine painter who is fated to seal the great evil again. Their fate gets into a whirlwind as they confront the king’s second son, Prince Joo Hyang, who wants to seize the throne even with the help of the devil.

spacer.png

The drama first tries to explain its setting for the viewers to fully understand the story. In other words, the whole backstory is shoved in the first episode: The ceremony to seal the great devil, Chun Gi and Ha Ram’s destined romance from the very beginning, their fluttering reunion after nine years, Ha Ram’s eyes turning red with the unleashed devil finding his new body, and Chun Ki restoring her sight. In addition, the princes appear to form another part of the narrative. No matter how cleverly the story is laid out, it feels too complicated, and it is very easy for the views to lose track of the plot. Explaining complex and unfamiliar settings as quickly as possible is a choice that a drama must make, but this time, it felt a little too rushed.

If the drama had no choice but to deal with a large volume of unfamiliar content in the beginning, it must slow down in other areas like in directing and editing. The fact that the viewers feel a little fed up in the first episode of Lovers of the Red Sky shows that it wasn’t successful in playing that out. There are many parts that are beautiful, bubbly, serious, or thrilling when seen as shorter clips, but these elements do not flow smoothly as a whole. Plus, immediately after the first episode was premiered, there were many criticisms on the great devil’s appearance and its VFX. Although the character design is a little off, it is acceptable because there are only a handful of Korean historical fantasy dramas that heavily rely upon VFX, and because they are using less of them in later episodes.

The brilliant performances of the actors breathe life into the drama series. Kim Yoo Jung, the go-to actress who made a historical drama comeback after a long time, excellently portrays the strong and beautiful Chun Gi. Ahn Hyo Seop’s performance as Ha Ram is also impressive. Gong Myung’s Prince Yangmyeong plays a vital role in the love triangle with Chun Gi and Ha Ram and provides comic relief. However, the actor that stole the editor’s heart was Kwak Si Yang, Prince Joo Hyang, who plans to steal the throne. Every time he appears, he catches the viewers’ eyes with his charisma.

As I am writing this, Lovers of the Red Sky just finished airing its 4th episode. It was both exciting and daunting in the first few episodes, but fortunately, it received a good response and strengthened the saying that historical dramas are always successful. Although it is difficult to wrap one’s mind around the broad universe of these series, it definitely has charms that can offset it. I want to see how far Lovers of the Red Sky can expand the boundaries of the ‘creativity in historical dramas.’

Verdict: Now that the valley of fantasy is over, wouldn’t it start the pretty romance? (6/10)

Editor Seo Hae Lan: I’m not picky and like all genres. I am in constant search of a balance between criticism and a fan’s heart.
Translator Cho EK: I’m a big fan of Korean dramas and movies.

• Like 7

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Ahn Hyo Seop And Kim Yoo Jung Are Busy Brainstorming Ideas On Set Of “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Sep 16, 2021
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” released new behind-the-scenes footages!

“Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, Hong Chun Gi, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop stars as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the starts despite losing his sight. Gong Myung co-stars as the romantic and free-spirited Prince Yangmyeong, a lover of the arts who falls for Hong Chun Gi.

The making-of video begins with Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop discussing how to perfectly depict the scene where Ha Ram rescues Hong Chun Gi from danger. The director suggests Ahn Hyo Seop drags Kim Yoo Jung towards him, but she suggests he pulls her in and embraces her. Ahn Hyo Seop likes the idea, and the director jokes he was originally going to make him drag her towards him with his cane. Laughing, Kim Yoo Jung adds, “You need to treat me preciously!”

Kim Yoo Jung is full of ideas about how to portray the scene more romantically. The staff members listen to her suggestions and coordinate the movements with her. Once filming starts, Ahn Hyo Seop follows the new directions, and there are some bloopers here and there, but in the end, they are able to create a sweet scene where Ha Ram protects Hong Chun Gi.

Gong Myung also appears to film the art contest scene. He perfectly exchanges lines with Ahn Hyo Seop but sways uneasily at the very end. Gong Myung jokingly scolds the staff member on the ground who is holding onto him to fix his position, saying, “How much are you pulling on me?” She apologizes, and he adds, “It’s okay. I was just really surprised!”

ahn-hyo-seop-gong-myung.jpg

“Lovers of the Red Sky” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST. Watch the full making-of video below!

[Making] From the action of the savior Haram's wand to the behind-the-scenes of Cheonki's painting contest #Hongcheonki #SBSCatch

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488956wpp/watch-ahn-hyo-seop-and-kim-yoo-jung-are-busy-brainstorming-ideas-on-set-of-lovers-of-the-red-sky

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Impressive Acting, 5 Teen Artists Who Play in Lovers of the Red Sky

Could be a potential Korean drama superstar in the future, huh?

photogrid-1631747150119-80c500693e7bbc31

Ervi Rahman Verified Writer
16 Sep 21

Since the premiere of the episode, the drama Lovers of the Red Sky has never failed to capture the public's attention. It was proven that towards the middle of the episode, the SBS sageuk drama managed to excel in the first position in its broadcast slot.

In addition to the cinematography of the royal era along with a touch of amazing fantasy elements, the acting of the players also makes the audience dissolve in the storyline.

One of the storylines presented is the relationship between Hong Chun Ki (Kim Yoo Jung) and Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo Seop) which began when they were teenagers.

Reaping praise for his impressive acting, who are these teen stars?

1. Lee Nam Gyeong

fromandroid-8ca7ae05fe199ced3e3462d5d03a

Impressive Acting, 5 Teen Artists Who Play in Lovers of the Red SkyLee Nam Gyeong (instagram.com/2ng_zzang)
Lee Nam Gyeong is a 12-year-old young actress, where she was born on June 5, 2009. Before entering acting, Nam Gyeong was a child model who was busy being a muse in various children's fashion brands.

While his acting career began in 2018 and reaped popularity when he played the young Hong Si Ah in the drama 18 Again. In Lovers of the Red Sky, Lee Nam Gyeong successfully played the youthful character Hong Chun Ki (Kim Yoo Jung) beautifully as a blind girl.

2. Choi Seung Hoon

241677147-1295084627646930-1241019188955

Aspiring superstar, Choi Seung Hoon has been prolific in starring in dramas since 2014. This 2008-born teenager is often referred to by netizens as the next Nam Da Reum, because he has played in dozens of dramas as the young character of the main actor.

Not kidding, he has played the youth of actors Ji Chang Wook (The K2), Park Hyun Shik (Strong Woman Do Bong Soon), Park Hae Jin (Forest), Kim Young Kwan (Hello, Me!), to Park Ji Hoon (At a Distance, Spring Is Green).

Now Lovers of the Red Sky is the third drama he will star in in 2021 as a younger version of Ahn Hyo Seop's character. Previously, Seung Hoon had managed to attract attention as Lee Do Hyun's younger brother named Hwang Jung Tae in the drama Youth of May.

3. Jo Ye Rin

Spoiler

fromandroid-8fa6cb507463f313b8c7781c8d47

Jo Ye Rin is a young actress who won the Best Child Actor & Actress award at the 2018 MBC Drama Awards. She is now 12 years old, where Jo Ye Rin was born on December 23, 2008.

In his career, he has played the younger versions of Kim So Hyun (The Tale of Nokdu) and Moon Ga Young (Jealousy Incarnate).

In Lovers of the Red Sky itself, she plays a quite special role, namely as a tiger goddess. He appeared with a unique look in episode 3 until his acting was also praised.

4. Park Sang Hoon

Spoiler

fromandroid-b6b6058b7067a983bf8fabbbc5ae

So far, this teen actor born in 2005 has always been seen in dramas with mystery or historical themes. He has taken part in dramas Delayed Justice, River Where the Moon Rises, to The Road: The Tragedy of One.

Having sad eyes and a cold appearance, Park Sang Hoon was chosen as the younger version of Kwak Si Yang in the drama Lovers of The Red Sky. He plays the role of prince Joo Hyang or Yi Hoo, an ambitious figure who is determined to take the royal throne.

5. Kim Jung Chul

Spoiler

instagram-kim-jungchul9921-109206126-193

Kim Jung Chul also completes the storyline of the drama Lovers of the Red Sky. The teenage actor who was born on August 29, 2007 plays the role of the younger version of prince Yang Myung or Lee Yul.

In contrast to the character played by Park Sang Hoon, he is a free-spirited person who doesn't care about the royal throne.

Kim Jung Chul himself just debuted in the acting world in 2009 and was a childhood actor of Na In Woo in the drama Mr. Queen.

The presence of the teenage stars above will further strengthen the storyline of the drama Lovers of the Red Sky. Moreover, the story of Hong Chun Ki who can immediately see when he is an adult, is still a mystery. You are one of the loyal viewers of this one sageuk drama, right?

Translation from Indonesian google

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/ervi/5-artis-remaja-di-red-sky-c1c2/5

• Like 8

I am surprised that SBS shared the BTS of kiss scene with quite long duration :wub:. Thank SBS!! 

I really love the scene when Haram & CG riding the house through the forest. The illumination is so beautiful, giving fairy tale impression.  I also like how the PD made the casts do not talk the dialog  directly but using narration.

Let's see how far Ha Ram can endure to keep on pushing away Chun Gi especially when YangMyeong Prince is in flirting mode !

One more week to go! Fighting everyone :happy2:

• Like 4

The kiss scene BTS is so adorbs!!! 

I find AHS so clumsy/awkward, but that makes him unintentionally so funny and cute! Haha :joy: i don't know how many times i watched the part where he slid down while trying to reach KYJ. Hilarious! Hahaha 

And by the way, is there anyone here who has been AHS's long time fan who could share with us: how would you judge AHS's interaction with KYJ as compared to when he acted with his other female co-stars? In other words, does he seem more comfortable with KYJ than when he was with his other leading ladies (eg, during BTS).

The ship is a bit sailing here :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Haiyaaaa... EP 5/6 Review:

It was 80% focused on YM but man oh Man what an equally riveting for Me as a Lead for Cheon Gi. The Tension of Right v/s wrong between the YM And CG was so intense at places, I felt as if they are ex lovers who betrayed each other. I want to see how he shapes up, usually I tend to FF the SML scene, this guy is Good...Lol.

Coming back to HARAM and his conflicted mind, and the Kiss was nice , the thing is I am fine with the Love angle, I am more interested in the Love triangle. YM is the interpreter to Divine Painter CG<I mean she did get lucky in the 3rd round because no Normal Person could really Interpret what the heck the painting and The Horse theme correlated to, all she drew was zigzag Butterflies it was YM who helped her win it> 

What if CG marries YM and becomes his consort and Haram  kills YM as he is the devil's vessel and CG then creates another Vessel to trap/kill Haram<because she is heartbroken due to her husband YM's death>  and then vanishes as the first episode suggested. 

I mean everytime HR and CG get intimate the Devil is activated its so tough on Haram the Human , it may end up killing his mere Human Body...ahhhhh Please Please make it a Good love triangle. Not a singular Love angle , so much potential Lol.

• Like 5

A bit late to watch this show but it’s entertaining. 

I was struggling with ep 1 but after ep 2 and the rest eps I can enjoy the story.

I am interested with the main theme of the drama “painting and art.” It is excited to watch Hong Chon Gi adventure. I love watching the scenes whenever they interpret the paintings. But I am not liking the background story about ghost. I just watch this because of the painting and art parts. 

Kim Yoo Jung is very pretty ya. Love her fair and smooth skinface. She is too pretty to appear as Hong Chon Gi for me hahaha.  Those ugly dresses that she must to wears as a poor girl seems could not match her pretty face <3 

The main male even though very handsome but with red eyes his appearance scares me. I don’t scare with vampire kdramas I mean I scared but not with the vampire faces. but this time, I am scared only by looking to the male lead face with red eyes. 

Oh ya I love the scene when the current king explains to Ha Ram why it is must always the 1st son to be the king. Insightful scene. 

Can not wait for the next eps :) 

• Like 4

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

5 Moments From Episodes 5-6 Of “Lovers of the Red Sky” That Stole Our Hearts

Sep 18, 2021
by shalini

“Lovers of the Red Sky” speeds on ahead as the Makjuheon Painting Gathering gets underway and characters start to reveal their true colors.

Everyone has their own reason for being there. Hong Chun Gi (Kim Yoo Jung) fights to enter in order to get ill father the medicine he needs, which can only be obtained from the Palace. Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo Seop) is there for revenge but is torn when the girl he fell in love with 19 years ago walks into the middle of his plans. Prince Yangmyung (Gong Myung) is there to catch the imitation painter and find a divine painter who can fulfill the king’s wish of painting his portrait and sealing Ma Wang back into it. And Prince Juhyang (Kwak Si Yang) is there to sway Yangmyung to his side. That’s a pretty full chessboard, and the pieces are about to start moving!

Here are the moments that stole our heart this week!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 5-6 below.

1. Chun Gi standing up to Yangmyung

Kim-Yoo-Jung11-e1631888011212.jpg

The Makjuheon Painting Gathering introduces us to a host of lively characters like Monk Man Yu (Shin Jae Hwan) and Shim Dae Yu (Jang Won Hyung) blessed by Hwacha (a goblin who lives off the energy in paintings and the green-eyed man who visited Chun Gi when she was locked in the barn). Interestingly, this is the same hwacha that possessed the man who helped Chun Gi’s father back when he was painting the king’s portrait.

We know that Chun Gi is skilled, but the question arises as to whether a girl who paints (brilliantly) for money can hold her own among specialists who paint for the sake of art. It’s the age-old battle between commercial artists and so-called real artists, which is why it’s all the more gratifying when Chun Gi’s painting during the first round is given favorable reviews. That is, until Chun Gi’s signature butterfly gives her away to Prince Yangmyung who immediately nitpicks about everything he can find in order to fail her.

Spoiler

Gong-Myung21-e1631888078307.jpg

He does come off a little snobby and distanced from reality by essentially penalizing Chun Gi for her paintings being so good that they fooled the head of the Painting Institute, Ahn Gyeon (Jang Hyun Sung), especially because she’s only painting to make a living.

So, it’s satisfying when she not only stands up to him but eloquently expresses her intentions for doing so in a manner that doesn’t come across as brash or unrealistic. Fittingly, it isn’t Yangmyung who changes his mind over the course of a brief conversation with Chun Gi but Ahn Gyeon who uses his all-pass tile and judges Chun Gi for the merit of her work.

2. Chun Gi realizing who Ha Ram is

Thus far, Ha Ram’s been doing all the realizing and pining after figuring out that Chun Gi is the girl he met 19 years ago. But Chun Gi didn’t forget him either. This week, with Ha Ram’s prompt during the second round, she finally puts two and two together over the course of the second round of the Painting Gathering and realizes that the gentleman scholar who keeps protecting her is very likely Ha Ram.

kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seob2.gif

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seob3.gif

It’s no surprise that she channels that realization into her painting and visibly moves Yangmyung with her work. Sincerity does move the heavens after all! And a running theme thus far in the competition is that if there’s anything that sets Chun Gi’s talent as a cut above the rest, it’s her sincerity and the emotions she expresses in her work.

However, the depth of Ha Ram’s and Chun Gi’s feelings for each other is certainly surprising for a pair that met for only one day 19 years ago. They even remember the exact conversation they had back then, which is certainly unusual. Perhaps Ma Wang can be blamed for that one. But Ha Ram has a contender for Chun Gi’s feelings because Prince Yangmyung is stepping up his game.

3. Prince Yangmyung’s true colors

Yangmyung certainly made a right buffoon of himself during the initial quartet of episodes, but he’s becoming more and more likable. The first night of the competition, his conversation with Chun Gi reveals not a deeply-held snobbery but a genuine concern for Chun Gi’s future as a painter. If he noticed Chun Gi’s trademark, then there’s no doubt others could. Her past as a painter of brilliant forgeries could nip her budding career in the bud. It’s a valid concern to have.

Spoiler

gong-myung-kim-yoo-jung1.png

gong-myung-kim-yoo-jung.png

Yangmyung also noticed that Chun Gi’s working during the first two rounds, while worth of passing, lacked their own color. She paints with sincerity but in the spirit of mimicry. For her first painting, she imitates the peach blossoms she saw that night 19 years ago with Haram, and for her second, she replicates the landscape she saw upon first being able to see. They’re beautiful, but at the end of the day, they’re replicas and imitations. Yangmyung asks her to depict her own interpretations without hesitation in herself, and that’s always a great message, even if it does depress Chun Gi to hear it at first.

4. Yangmyung versus Juhyang

If Juhyang doesn’t go completely psychotic, he could actually be a compelling villain. He seems to genuinely care for his young brother and doesn’t storm in demanding that Yangmyung come to his side or else. For his part, Yangmyung shows a surprising backbone of steel, not losing his temper with his brother but gently informing him that he won’t be taking part in any plot to dethrone their oldest brother, the current Crown Prince.

Spoiler

kwak-si-yang-gong-myung.png

kwak-si-yang-gong-myung2.png

kwak-si-yang-gong-myung1.png

Juhyang’s questions to Yangmyung indicate the sort of villain he might become. He asks Yangmyung if their grandfather, who led his own coup against the throne, was a traitor. Yangmyung is left flummoxed but insists that he wasn’t. Then, by the same logic, can Juhyang really be a traitor himself? Even Ha Ram has noted that the Crown Prince is unfit for the throne, and it’s simply that the King Seonjo (Jo Seong Ha) is desperate to rid himself of it. It’s an interesting quandary that’s bound to get even more complicated once Ma Wang and Samshin (Moon Sook) get involved.

5. That kiss

For some reason, it feels early for a kiss, because while Chun Gi and Ha Ram are both smitten, they’re also quite hesitant around each other. But that appears to be the point. Ha Ram cannot afford to be swayed at this point as he starts putting his plan in action, but he needs to take that initial step in order to back away and for the tension to begin.

Spoiler

7b084bd12df84047b45d057ef2c855eca5ef1e19

576f80bdd4fd23340a631d05bbb2ba169478310e

The rules surrounding the butterfly seal on his neck are still unclear. Is it that it vanishes every time they touch? If so, the last time it vanished, Ha Ram transformed straight into Ma Wang, but why didn’t the same thing happen after he kissed Chun Gi? Is there a memory we might be missing between Ha Ram falling unconscious and waking up unscathed? Is Chun Gi Ma Wang’s trigger? Or does she keep him at bay?

For her part, Chun Gi is still the heroine of a romance, not knowing yet that it’s a fantasy romance set against political upheaval and a revenge plot as Ha Ram attempts to make those who killed his father pay. So she’s naturally confused when the man who kissed her distances himself almost immediately afterwards and curious on what happened to him such that he didn’t make their meeting 19 years ago.

Chun Gi really came into her own this week, so here’s hoping she enters the main narrative (the darker narrative) more. As wonderful it is to see her succeed, it appears it’s time for her to join Ha Ram’s world and see that the higher she rises, the greater the stakes are. And with Prince Juhyang’s sword at her father’s throat, perhaps that time is next week!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485589wpp/5-moments-from-episodes-5-6-of-lovers-of-the-red-sky-that-stole-our-hearts

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ferily said:

I’m still sad we got no episodes this week :crybaby: how is everyone surviving so far going 2 weeks without Hong Cheon Gi? -impatiently waiting for Monday to come already-

Not well, ugh it feels like forever. I have watched all the BTS epsiodes and random videos of AHS, rewatched Moonlight with KYJ but it's still not Monday yet 

• Like 5