[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

3 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

You're welcome. ^^ And yeah, I agree that it is such an interesting and beautiful culture. It's very captivating and it really arouses my interest in learning them. 

About their lack of physical contact, I'm sure it's because they really can't and shouldn't touch each other if they don't want to be in trouble. Also, just think of Cheon Gi's uncle and headmaster and his ladylove, haha. I think it took them forever to finally have the courage to hold each other. :hwaiting2:

They actually held hands on ep 10 leaving Cheongi's room and nothing bad happened, at least they could've tried because they weren't aware of the demon and all that stuff...

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Andeliya said:

They actually held hands on ep 10 leaving Cheongi's room and nothing bad happened, at least they could've tried because they weren't aware of the demon and all that stuff...

Oh yeah. Maybe because it wasn't that long and... intense? Would have been nice if they tried, but I think they are both shy and worried on how the other would react and feel if s/he tries to have some skinship. And I think the writers would like us to see how their love and affection evolve in such a slow yet sure manner. Few more hours to watch it. I'm pretty excited! 

• Like 4

Rough translations: 

Friend1 (F1): What is it that we have to lock the doors? 

Cheon Gi (CG): The royal painting... I will draw it. 

Friend 2 (F2): What? 

F1: Are you nuts? 

F2: What is the reason you are like this suddenly? 

CG: The scholar sir... In HaRam's body... he said he had MaWang in him. I want to help him in any possible ways. 

F2: What is this all about? Ha Supervisor what? 

F1: Aish, does this even make sense? 

CG: Scholar sir has been dragged to the investigation bureau as a suspect of the InWang Montain murders. If this goes on, not only the scholar sir, but even other people might be in danger. I don't know all the details either. In any ways, I have to complete the royal portrait in order to save everyone. 

F2: If you complete the royal portrait, you're the one who's going to be in danger. You forgot what the Headmaster told you? 

F1: Look at what happened to you father, rascal.

CG: I came prepared [for whatever is coming up]. [Grab their hands] Please. You guys are the only two friends I have. I will ask for your help only this once.

:bawling: Go Cheon Gi! You can do this! I love that she doesn't back out from the danger. Can't wait for today's episode!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

3 Supernatural Beings In “Lovers Of The Red Sky” Who Protect Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop

Oct 9, 2021
by L. Kim

The plot of SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” is more intriguing than ever because of the three supernatural beings Grandmother Samshin (Moon Sook), Ho Ryeong (Jo Ye Rin), and Hwacha (Park Jung Hak)!

Based on a novel, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains her vision, and Ahn Hyo Seop as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Spoilers

Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram’s romance is blossoming day by day, and some credit needs to be given to the supernatural beings who keep them safe from Ma Wang. Here’s a closer look at the three characters:

Grandmother Samshin

First of all, Grandmother Samshin continues to connect Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram with a red thread, and she always appears in the nick of time to help them whenever Ma Wang appears. She shows up at the most random times to give advice or warnings, so it’s impossible to ignore her presence.

Above all, Grandmother Samshin is an important figure because she’s the one who sealed Ma Wang in Ha Ram’s body and gave his eyes to Hong Chun Gi. This prevented Ha Ram from dying during the rain ritual, and it also gave Hong Chun Gi the ability to see. However, her motives are still questionable, and it will be intriguing to see what she will cause next.

moon-sook-800x397.jpg

Ho Ryeong

Ho Ryeong may look like an average girl, but she is actually the spirit of Inwang Mountain. Whenever Hong Chun Gi is in danger, she appears in the form of a powerful tiger to fight against evil. Viewers couldn’t help but laugh when Hong Chun Gi mistook Ho Ryeong as a little girl who snuck into the palace. Ho Ryeong was fascinated that Hong Chun Gi could see her, and before she vanished into thin air, she warned the female painter, “Your eyes will go back to the original owner.”

lovers-of-the-red-sky2-800x392.jpg

Hwacha

Then there is Hwacha, a goblin who lives off of the energy of paintings. There is a rumor that all painters who signed a contract with him either died or went mad after completing a royal portrait. Previously, when Hong Chun Gi was attacked by Ma Wang, Hwacha came to her rescue as he fiercely said, “Don’t touch my painter.” It seems as if he has selected her as his next target, and it will be exciting to find out what will happen once the two meet. Will he be her friend or foe?

lovers-of-the-red-sky-1.jpg

“Lovers of the Red Sky” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492642wpp/3-supernatural-beings-in-lovers-of-the-red-sky-who-protect-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop

• Like 4

1 hour ago, j9sshi said:

Someone please help me to remember. Didn't grandmother Samshin put some type of protection spell on the ring to keep Ma wang from appearing when HR and CG touch?

Was it on the ring? I thought that SamShin did something to the painting that Cheon Gi painted and then she also gave Ha Ram a butterfly charm thingy that disappeared (going inside of Ha Ram it looked like)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor Cheon Gi, my gosh. Imagine working your butts off for a painting just to get the news that you have to paint it all over again.

Today's episode's rating was 8.8% nationally, with a peak at 11%. Hope our leads will be reunited soon, because what a waste of a beautiful and powerful main cast if they're not stick together T_T

I might eventually purchase the books; i read comments on youtube and naver stating that the story was better in the book. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ferily said:

Was it on the ring? I thought that SamShin did something to the painting that Cheon Gi painted and then she also gave Ha Ram a butterfly charm thingy that disappeared (going inside of Ha Ram it looked like)

You're right! And I do remember that scene with the painting and the butterfly charm thingy.

I guess when the ring lit up when MW/HR had attacked CG when she was sleeping and it lighting up and doing its thing again at the end of ep 11 just made me assume that SamShin had something to do with that too. :)

• Like 3

Okay WHAT was that ENDING?!? Like what is the ring doing? :fear: It’s like some force that comes together when Cheon Gi and Ha Ram touch..? Also who is that strange guy who told Ha Ram to touch Cheon Gi… No way he’d a bad guy??

It’s funny because people said today’s episode was slow but I actually thought things went by pretty fast?? Like Cheon Gi was almost finished with the painting although it’s a shame that it doesn’t have any divine powers on it…

We’ll have to see what will happen with the fate between Cheon Gi and Ha Ram… I’m still leaning towards one sacrificing themselves for the other

• Like 3

Rough translations: 

Cheon Gi (CG): Please don't worry, Headmaster. I will never make a contract with the painting goblin. 

[Flashback]

Headmaster (HM): At that time, I thought it was obviously a human being. The way it asked to receive Eun-Ho [CG's father]'s drawings... I would I have stopped it [had I knew]. But to think about it now, that being was a painting goblin. 

CG: If someone meets a goblin, must they become like that [ie, loose their minds]?

HM: For us, as much as we want to avoid the painting goblin, it is a being that we would like to meet at least once before we die. If we draw for it under a contract, the best painting of our life can be produced. However, that painter will either die or go crazy; because drawing that painting, all their energy will be sucked up. Eun-Ho, somehow, most likely wanted to successfully complete that royal painting. That is the secret to having the title of 'god' painter. 

[Back to present]

CG: If ever there's no other solutions than to make a contract, I am not afraid to go crazy; if I that means I can save HaRam. 

:criesariver:Cheon Gi for best lover ever! Now I am just praying so that the writer will give us a storyline that will be a bit  more satisfying. As much as I like the cast and am trying to hang on to the story, I have to agree with some netizens that the storyline is somehow lacking a 2% of being satisfying. Or am I too picky? Let's just say that the expectations for this drama were super high and that I wanted the hardworking staff to celebrate their work to the max! Rooting for a happy ending for our leads.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bomnie said:

Poor Cheon Gi, my gosh. Imagine working your butts off for a painting just to get the news that you have to paint it all over again.

Today's episode's rating was 8.8% nationally, with a peak at 11%. Hope our leads will be reunited soon, because what a waste of a beautiful and powerful main cast if they're not stick together T_T

I might eventually purchase the books; i read comments on youtube and naver stating that the story was better in the book. 

I totally agree the book is really good, so I believe that people who had read it it's kind of dissapointed.... I don't really understand why they didn't take ouk the best parts of the book and put them into the drama. Anyway, I was thinking that if Japan or China make their own drama based on the story could be more loyal to the story. 

• Unamused 1

Wow the story moving fast, the plot is thickens, 4 episodes left i wonder what will happens next... Besides the seal ceremony, luckily i havent read the novel, but its normal if the movie can not adopt exactly the same as the novel, even in chinese drama they done the same indeed... Anyway all tye actors and actress did amazing job... I really enjoy it... 

• Like 6

On 10/11/2021 at 12:08 PM, ferily said:

I believe the ring was given to HR by his father. So maybe prior to giving it to HR, he has already put something in it to protect HR in the future and knowing that his son will be reunited with CG. Maybe he found out that when HR lost his sight, CG gained hers. Perhaps that's the reason why he died in that state beside HR. 

On 10/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, ferily said:

ome force that comes together when Cheon Gi and Ha Ram touch..? Also who is that strange guy who told Ha Ram to touch Cheon Gi… No way he’d a bad guy??

That strange guy in the prison doesn't seem to be a bad guy. In fact, I think he looks like the former king who abdicated the throne in the past. The one in the royal portrait. 

• Like 4