[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

10 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

That strange guy in the prison doesn't seem to be a bad guy. In fact, I think he looks like the former king who abdicated the throne in the past. The one in the royal portrait. 

I don’t think so because the former king died. It’s some other unknown guy that seems to have some powers… When Ha Ram was consumed by Ma Wang in the beginning of the episode, the strange guy healed Ha Ram. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, ferily said:

I don’t think so because the former king died. It’s some other unknown guy that seems to have some powers… When Ha Ram was consumed by Ma Wang in the beginning of the episode, the strange guy healed Ha Ram. 

Yes, and he seemed to know or powerful enough that he could escape the prison but didnt... was he waiting for Ha Ram? But why in that terrible prison? Sigh.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Andeliya said:

God! I'm so moved by the scene when Ha-ram sees her face, neither of them mentioned or said anything about it.. was it only a dream? They seem to be aware not like a dream. What are your theories?

It was actually nice seeing HR looking at CG for the first time with his eyes working. Maybe there was a talk between them and they are planning to do something so they pretended that HR could still not see. HR is really decided to get his revenge, so hopefully, his revenge won't put him and CG in a much more dangerous situation.

18 hours ago, monalisa said:

I think the good prince will die - either by sacrificing his life for CG and/or Ha Ram or killed by his evil brother.

I think it will be the other way around. I think his brother will be the one dying either because of him taking Ma Wang's spirit inside/outside his body or he'll save his younger brother in danger. Although he seems to be thirsty for power, I think deep inside him, he cares about his family so much. His eyes tell it. 

18 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Why did everyone assume Cheong Gi will go  crazy like her father?

It was because Ma Wang that his father went crazy...nothing about fate of going crazy... hmm

4 more episodes... im sure it will take 2 episodes to.show how the sealing ceremony take place.

I think it's because of the goblin that comes to seek the divine painters. If I recall it right, they mentioned that the goblin always makes a deal and the result of that deal is either you go insane or you die. Hopefully, that goblin who's after her, isn't that evil. 

11 hours ago, ferily said:

Oh, yeah. Absolutely! I was saying that the king and that prisoner kind of look the same (literally!), so I get the vibe that that prisoner's character isn't bad. Haha. 

Right. I saw him put some talisman on the wall or did some spells that healed HR when he was in prison. 

What intrigued me most was when he asked if it's already time for him to leave. I wonder if he sorts of protect that place, too, just like Ho Ryeong and Sam Shin trying to make the place safe. 

Can't believe that only four episodes are left. MW's voice was pretty unforgettable. Haha.

• Like 4

Next episode is when the sealing ritual will take place so I’m curious to see what will happen..

- Will Ma Wang get successfully sealed?

- What will happen to Ma Wang’s eyes that Cheon Gi currently has?

- Will Ha Ram be able to see again?

- What will happen to our couple and their fate?

So many questions still… 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Next episode is when the sealing ritual will take place so I’m curious to see what will happen..

- Will Ma Wang get successfully sealed?

- What will happen to Ma Wang’s eyes that Cheon Gi currently has?

- Will Ha Ram be able to see again?

- What will happen to our couple and their fate?

So many questions still… 

I'm confused, Cheongi's eyes aren't Ha-ram's ? 

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Andeliya said:

I'm confused, Cheongi's eyes aren't Ha-ram's ? 

Haha.. no, it was Ma wang's... time to go bk to the 1st episode?

5 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

I think it's because of the goblin that comes to seek the divine painters. If I recall it right, they mentioned that the goblin always makes a deal and the result of that deal is either you go insane or you die. Hopefully, that goblin who's after her, isn't that evil. 

Oh, yeah. Absolutely! I was saying that the king and that prisoner kind of look the same (literally!), so I get the vibe that that prisoner's character isn't bad. Haha. 

Right. I saw him put some talisman on the wall or did some spells that healed HR when he was in prison. 

What intrigued me most was when he asked if it's already time for him to leave. I wonder if he sorts of protect that place, too, just like Ho Ryeong and Sam Shin trying to make the place safe. 

I think its an assumption that Goblin will take let them go insane or die.. people didnt know and just assume perhaps.. Even the goblin mentioned that he has to protect the divine painter, no?

All mysteries on the old prisoner...:D

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

I think its an assumption that Goblin will take let them go insane or die.. people didnt know and just assume perhaps.. Even the goblin mentioned that he has to protect the divine painter, no?

All mysteries on the old prisoner...:D

Haha! Even the goblin is sure mysterious. Haha. Let's call Gong Yoo! Haha! Just kidding. :hwaiting2:

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Agree with u. I think I saw several times that some of the dialogs said  "based of rumor, Hwacha will blablabla...".

Her father actually goes crazy because He looked directly to Mawang eyes on ep 1, right?!

I thought Chun Gi would need to draw Haram's portrait but based on preview ep 13, The ritual is hold? so the King portrait should have had divine power, otherwise they will not do it . Hmmm...

Do you all remember the teaser where Haram has different appearance with his hair down. I thought it will be for future episodes but now thinking about it, it's a teaser from December 2020 before Joseon exorcist scandal. I think it's erased because SBS is scared it will make a scandal again since Haram's costume doesn't fit with joseon dynasty ( I know the production team have changed the dynasty to an imaginary dynasty but all the costumes they wear here are obvious from joseon dynasty)

13 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The scene where Ha Ram was able to see for a moment and saw Cheon Gi :wub:. What an amazing moment that he was able to gain his sight again for a few moments.

love this too, I kept replaying this scene hahhahah but I have a feeling that since the writer already made him be able to see CG at least once, the writer will go to the route like the novel. (Someone who read the novel said Haram will sacrifice his eyes for chun gi and remain being blind

Anyway, long time ago, the owner of the peach tree farm posted a picture on his IG. The picture was taken from a far  so it's not clear but there is Haram on the peach tree farm wearing light blue clothes(same as in the poster)  with the horse. There is also stunt actress for chun gi but She wore the purple clothes that CG wore when She was still working on the painting institute. It's on midday so I guess it should be different from the scene on ep 6 where they kissed? Otherwise it might be a deleted scene?

• Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, illay said:

Her father actually goes crazy because He looked directly to Mawang eyes on ep 1, right?!

I think you are right. The two that were in the room looked in his eyes, and then when MR got outside near the present King, everyone was told to close their eyes and not look at MR.

I'm going to have to watch that 1st episode again.... shoot! I think I will rewatch the whole series again after its done lol!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, illay said:

Agree with u. I think I saw several times that some of the dialogs said  "based of rumor, Hwacha will blablabla...".

Right...too many people jumping to conclusion... back then and now (ie issues related covid 19 rumors - infodemic, haha)

• LOL 1

I think CG will have to paint without MW's eyes. Maybe one of the challenges they'll have to face is when MW successfully regained his eyes from CG and then she'll probably have to paint without looking which will make the painting divine? 

Too many thoughts. Haha. But, MW's eyes shouldn't be looked at especially during the ritual so I believe soon the palace will really be very chaotic. 

And if by chance, HR will have to end blind, I think that is much better than having him dead. After all, he's already used to not having his eyes - and CG will just be his eyes. He knows how to read stars and she's his star and so I think it'll be a bittersweet type of ending. But of course, it will be better if they would really have such a "happy ending".  

I'm excited for next week because I think a lot of things will take place. The good and the bad are all going to be at war now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, illay said:

love this too, I kept replaying this scene hahhahah but I have a feeling that since the writer already made him be able to see CG at least once, the writer will go to the route like the novel. (Someone who read the novel said Haram will sacrifice his eyes for chun gi and remain being blind

Anyway, long time ago, the owner of the peach tree farm posted a picture on his IG. The picture was taken from a far  so it's not clear but there is Haram on the peach tree farm wearing light blue clothes(same as in the poster)  with the horse. There is also stunt actress for chun gi but She wore the purple clothes that CG wore when She was still working on the painting institute. It's on midday so I guess it should be different from the scene on ep 6 where they kissed? Otherwise it might be a deleted scene?

I think so as well.

Spoiler

OMG yeah I could see him doing that nod.

• Like 1

I like the story, hoping that it won't be an open-ended ending. Hoping for a happy ever after for HaHong, but why do I have this hunch that it will be a sad ending. I haven't read the book, but really would like to read it, but if there no English translation, there goes nothing. Anyone has any idea whether the book is tranlated or not.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, AjummaF4 said:

I like the story, hoping that it won't be an open-ended ending. Hoping for a happy ever after for HaHong, but why do I have this hunch that it will be a sad ending. I haven't read the book, but really would like to read it, but if there no English translation, there goes nothing. Anyone has any idea whether the book is tranlated or not.

I agree with you. I hope it won't be an open-ended ending. I'd rather have a sad or a happy ending to conclude everything than have us trapped into thinking! :sweat_smile:

I'm not familiar with the book so maybe someone knows whether it has been translated or not. If yes, please share the link to us. Haha.

Childhood Connections, Gods, And Demons: First Impressions Of “Lovers Of  The Red Sky” | Soompi

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AjummaF4 said:

@BlackLotus1025  I don't like open ended endings too, it okay if it's sad but not open ended. Hope somebody could give more info on the book, translated one please. :fullofhearts:

Likewise! I have nothing against open-ended endings but I would rather have conclusion than confusion. Haha.

I checked the book online, there's one on sale for $28.99. I'm not sure though if it's already translated. Let me check one more time. Haha.

Okay, so I found one. Haha. The book title is "The Secret of Red Sky". The problem is you have to sign up and you'll only have it free for a week. :sweat_smile:

EP 11-12 REVIEW:

Funny stuff /illogical Stuff

-->Ep 11 is mostly Yul saying What , he said that min 5 times here lmao. 

-->Grand Prince asking HR to just give off Mawang to him, Yes...as if the Devil is a piece of Corn Dog that can be bought by different sauce combinations, I mean if it was that easy why would HR be stinking inside a jail?? He would have transferred it to anyone.

--> Grand Prince was able to hear the convo of King Daddy and Yul from a solid closed door and walls but the guys holding the palanquin couldn't hear CG/HR gasping for breath from a curtain/door thing???

--> EP 12 was JailTown ChaChaCha, whole Royal Family Men Women Children, Adopted Children were there at the same time same place hahaha.

ALSO IS THE GRANDPA KING AND THE OLDMAN with hEAD inside the Plank are the same guy? My eyes are confused now lmao.

HR/CG They are destined lovers because Goddess basically screwed their fate and made YM the balancer which can be killed by Devil due to all these feelings not needed confusion. At places the story feels like 2 different shows, with the Yul and family feud and court angle v/s the love story I feel has no substantial impact as to why it is so heart wrenching on mere basis of that one fine day they went to a peach garden and played around as Kids.  

I do get CG only friend as a blind kid was HR so she missed him, HR might have had friends but all got lost. Their adult selves why did they fall in love on basis of nostalgia holds no impactful ground for me , I mean I dunno I feel the connection isnt properly developed.

Mostly this happened because first half of the series focusses on CG and painting academy comedy with dashes of emotional lines and more comedy. HR was shown so good in the first 2/3 episodes then he fell flat. He was literally shown as this puppet master controlling the entire chain of events for the wrongdoings to his family, down the line it was reduced to jealously and Push and Pull game.

YUL - YM is seen as this villain which he isn't , he has to shuffle and keep them all alive and the nation alive all at once, they all have 1 responsibility , he has 1000 and then being called a Wretch....and some agree with it? MAKES me sad. His story is properly fleshed out as compared so I feel he is the hero trying to manage and save the day which being the target of everyone while others are trying to kill him.

We have a Hwacha / An Old man with his head inside a plank, A ring with the bones of Balance God warding off Mawang and Sam Shin and Tiger Goddess protecting everyone. Tiger Goddess makes the most sense at some cases I feel. Yul is trying to save everyone and CG has only one track mind , meanwhile HR wants to Kill the royal family by making them against each other including Yul. They are frenemies but I still feel Yul is the most pressurized. This friendship, that unrequited Love , the pressure to be the non consensual Crown Prince he has a burden not every can see. HR has a mission with or without the devil inside him, its complex. CG is the game changer though but she is bias heavily so, but then again she doesn't know the backstage drama, all she reacts on is what she is seeing. But the word wretch of a Man was Harsh!!!!

Also draw a divine painting?? How to draw that, is there a SOP somewhere makes no head or tail duh. There were some people who questioned Yul's sense of how is he to decide the painting s are divine or not. CG can draw but not everyone can decrypt her sensibility in paintings, Yul has some divine decryption power to dechiper those, I think he has a good eye for stuff beyond normal human comprehension. Also she needs a vessel/painting to seal the Devil, if Grandpa King was the one whose body had the devil so his painting was used, why is not HR now? Or why wont it be Grand Prince later if he manages to buy Mawang from Haram???

Story is brilliant but there is some disconnection here tbh.Still awsome lol.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2