[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

So Ha Ram realized that Hong Cheon Ki is the same blind girl from 19 years ago.. I like how we saw him question why she showed up now because he is so close to his revenge. I'm actually curious what he is planning to do for his revenge because the people who killed his parents are the King's men...right? Curious to see how that will pan out and I'm sure that Hong Cheon Ki will interfere with Ha Ram's plans.

Oh boy though, the bad prince and the shaman know that Ma Wang is inside of Ha Ram so I'm betting they will cause some danger for Ha Ram in the future.. I'm glad that we are moving along in the plot with the King wanting to pass the throne to the crown prince, Prince Juhyang trying to take the thrown and Hong Cheon Gi trying to win the painting contest that Prince Yangmyung is holding for her father.

Also I'm glad we got to see some more OTP moments today, like who else squealed when Ha Ram caught Hong Cheon Gi and the way she looked at him :bashful: And when Ha Ram saved Hong Cheon Gi from those men too.. Can't wait for the next episode already! I am surely enjoying this drama..

We do slowly see the love triangle forming between Hong Cheon Gi, Ha Ram and Yangmyung but I am all for Ha Ram and Hong Cheon Gi hehe.. The best part of episode 4 was seeing Ha Ram jealous.

Those stares and side looks

Y7y4Y0.gif

qQlJ83.gif

Oh Ha Ram, we know that wasn't an accident and you totally did that on purpose

BrPzEx.gif

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, nrllee said:

I was wondering if she did that to him as a child?  We were shown CG as a blind girl fingering the boy HR’s face.  Then she tip toed…and…kkeut:lol:.  We are not shown.   Boy HR looked flustered and dropped the bag.  So…question is…did she or didn’t she?  :lol:

I am loving this show so far.  World building is good and story flows.

Haha I’m pretty sure that Hong Cheon Gi kissed Ha Ram seeing how she touched his lips. Ha Ram seemed pretty shocked too :D But yes agree with you that I am loving the show too! The build up and everything is great.

15 hours ago, Mymindisblank said:

@ferily can't lie when I saw that clip of ha ram kissing hcg it looked quite weird I think ha rams hand placement and arm movement make it look awkward or its the angle which isn't too good!!

Looking forward to that scene nonetheless!! 

Also am I the only one not liking the clips they're giving out before the ep airs?? I just feel like it loses its impact when you watch it within the full episode!?

Sorry to cut your post short but I can see why the ratings for episode 3 was a bit lower. Definitely a slower episode but I think it’s trying to build up everything. 

Haha I didn’t really pay attention to the hand placement and angle actually. I just love the idea of Ha Ram trying to find Hong Cheon Gi’s lips and kissing her :love: The whole thing with Ha Ram being blind, I just love it!

As for releasing a clip, it’s a pre-release clip and they usually do that to a) attract more users to tune into the episode and get higher viewer ratings and b) probably because the drama is pre-recorded, they have the flexibility to do so. It’s understandable though if people don’t want spoilers :)

14 hours ago, Yuui said:

and @ferily well he can't see.. so it would be blissfully awkward to have your first kiss.. especially when you are leading the kiss and can't see what you are doing. I actually wouldn't mind if it turns into an epic failure. :lol:

Haha yes exactly! He is blind so he has to feel where her lips are, which I think is romantic in a way :fullofhearts:

@realistic2280a It’s basically what @Yuui said and it seems like Ma Wang can only come out if he’s out of that barrier or zone… I think the butterfly on his neck is what protects Ma Wang from coming out of Ha Ram. We saw the butterfly disappear when Ma Wang first came out and then it reappears actually when he’s around Hong Cheon Gi (when Ha Ram catches her) so maybe HCG is some kind of trigger of protection for Ha Ram and with Ma Wang? I’m just hoping there’s no self-sacrifice for each other towards the end of the drama…

As for Ha Ram being the richest man, I’m not really surprised because it looks like he has had the support of the King for awhile now. Maybe him being Il Wol Seong also brought in much income too? I mean it seems like most of the people know who Il Wol Seong is too and is well-known.  

6 hours ago, Mymindisblank said:

I am in love with ha ram and hong chungi ep 4 has just confirmed it!  The expression ha ram gives everytime hcg was talking to the grand Prince etc are just too good! I don’t even know what else to say about episode 4 lol my mind is still stuck on all the HaHong interactions!! Ep 4 is much better than episode 3 though that's for sure!

The painters gathering thing has dragged on abit I was hoping for it to occur in ep4 itself but they were still preparing for the competition! Then we can definitely say lovers of the red sky has started! Hong cheon gi the first female painter!!

So many things and mysteries still yet to be unraveled and 4 eps have already gone by!! I feel like I've seen nothing at all lmao

Also is that green eyed dude a bad guy or a good guy? He's the same one that helped hcg's dad with the Kings painting right? He seems an interesting character can't wait to see more of him as well and why he's back after all these years! 

Can't wait for episodes 5 and 6

Chingu I completely agree with you about Hong Cheon Gi and Ha Ram!! I love how Ha Ram was getting subtlety jealous of Yangmyung saying that Hong Cheon Gi being his wife. Once they get more romantic I’m going to squeal like crazy :bashful:

As for the green eye guy, I was wondering who he was too.. i was thinking the same thing, that he was the guy in the first episode who was affected by the powers. I feel like he isn’t a bad guy seeing as he helped Hong Cheon Gi in a way? We shall have to see though..

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Haven’t had time to watch Ep4 but there was another painter with CG’s dad in Ep1.  He was possessed by a goblin - he had green eyes then.  He disappeared?  Walked away from CG’s dad then disappeared into a curtain.  It was very quick but the subs had it down.  (HwaCha - goblin)

spacer.png

this guy then disappears.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

cdf5fbb0fceb40b293ebb480d4163370.jpeg?s=

“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Maintains Lead In Ratings Despite Slight Decline

Sep 7, 2021
by S. Nam

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” continues to defend its spot as the top Monday-Tuesday evening drama!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 6 broadcast of SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” recorded average nationwide viewership ratings of 8.0 percent for episode 3. This is a 0.8 percent decline in ratings compared to last week‘s score of 8.8 percent, but it’s still the highest rating among Monday-Tuesday dramas airing in similar time slots...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487554wpp/lovers-of-the-red-sky-maintains-lead-in-ratings-despite-slight-decline-high-class-joins-the-race-with-solid-premiere

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, ferily said:

Oh Ha Ram, we know that wasn't an accident and you totally did that on purpose

(sorry for cutting you post)

Kekeke, his actions were really obvious. :heart4:But it is nice to see Ha Ram really emotional, I also love his smile when he talks with Cheon Gi. 

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

@Yuui may I use that Ha Ram and Hong Cheon Gi icon?.

Yes, use it as much as you want. :fullofhearts:

1 hour ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Maintains Lead In Ratings Despite Slight Decline

Sep 7, 2021
by S. Nam

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” continues to defend its spot as the top Monday-Tuesday evening drama!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 6 broadcast of SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” recorded average nationwide viewership ratings of 8.0 percent for episode 3. This is a 0.8 percent decline in ratings compared to last week‘s score of 8.8 percent, but it’s still the highest rating among Monday-Tuesday dramas airing in similar time slots...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487554wpp/lovers-of-the-red-sky-maintains-lead-in-ratings-despite-slight-decline-high-class-joins-the-race-with-solid-premiere

Nice!! I hope it went up a bit with episode 4. :wub:

• Like 6

Kim yoojung is indeed a sageuk goddess :heart:

img.gif

she's breathtakingly beautiful  this entire scene , plus haram knows it's her

img.gif

===

:heart4:

1631066167550.gif?type=w800

RACOI Topicality Ranking for 1st week of Sept. (2021.08.30~2021.09.05) Dramas:

1. HongChunGi 2. Hometown Chachacha 3. Penthouse 3 4. Lost 5. Hospital Playlist 2 6. Revolutionary Sisters 7. Police University 8. Red Shoes 9. The Road 10. High Class

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/09/08/lovers-of-the-red-sky-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet/
‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

by Munjeong Jung

spacer.png
Credit: SBS

Lovers of the Red Sky topped viewership ratings for four episodes straight.

According to Nielsen Korea, the fourth episode of SBS’ Lovers of the Red Sky recorded an average nationwide rating of 9.6%, dominating the viewership ratings among all Monday-Tuesday programs across all networks.

In the latest episode, Hong Chun Gi (played by Kim Yoo Jung) and Haram (Ahn Hyo Seop) spent a night thinking about each other at the pigment shop. Haram noticed that Hong Chun Gi was the girl whom he had met 19 years ago. Hong Chun Gi drew a picture of Haram, thinking of their encounter the day before.

When Hong Chun Gi headed to Maejukheon to join their painting group, she runs into Haram by chance. Haram also heard Hong Chun Gi’s voice and noticed her at a single glance. Meanwhile, Prince Yangmyung (Gong Myung) met Hong Chun Gi for the first time when he was looking for Haram, who went missing.

The story of Lovers of the Red Sky became more intriguing as its characters begin to interact. On top of this, the King’s secret project to find the painter with divine power, Maejukheon Painting Contest, is also on its way. What would happen to these characters who made entries to this mysterious contest?

Meanwhile, Police University recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.9 percent, and High Class recorded 3.4 percent in viewership ratings.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop, K-Movie and more as quickly as I can.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

The scene in Ep. 3 Hahaha, it's just because HCG said the injured guy is a nobleman Cheon Gi and the bubbly Ms GyenJo Daek running sprint style with the physician behind them to find HR at the Dye house - And when the mighty Horse SoMa pass them by!! :lol: ...

This Black Horse So Ma is similar to Maximus in the King Eternal Monarch drama LeeMinHo.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Annyeong everyone. It has been a while since I’m able to post on a drama. I’m a little behind here as I haven’t seen this week’s episodes yet. I’ve enjoyed the premiere episodes, except for the scary parts where I had to skip so I don’t understand those parts much. Ha. The young kids playing the leads’ counterpart were terrific. It’s almost as if they were really the younger version of themselves in the way they look, talk, act etc I can’t wait to see how the two adults discover each other’s identity. 

Glad to see some old friends here too @backstreetboysfan @ferily @andy78 I have a feeling we’re going to enjoy this drama. It’s all done so prettily! And just seeing Ha Ram spilling his tea, he’s quite the cheeky one, isn’t he!

8940761-B-E6-F7-45-AC-A2-CD-54-E4-F2028-

3-C2-D0969-513-D-4790-8-F41-2-C545793708
Cr. silvertrhee

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I love the cinematography in this drama. Some of the shots are breathtaking, like the one where Cheon Gi was wearing the red jang-ot. The story is becoming more interesting and the actors are consistent in their acting.

I wonder who would be selected as the spiritual painters? For sure one of them will be Cheon Gi, or will she be the only one. Samshin was telling the God Tiger that Cheon Gi is the chosen one who will save the nation. She will create the painting that will forever seal Ma Wang.

I think the butterfly tattoo at Ha Ram's nape was placed by Samshin as a lock to prevent Ma Wang from exiting Ha Ram's body except in certain conditions. It appeared when she succeeded in driving back Ma Wang into Ha Ram's body. But it does light up when Cheon Gi is around because Cheon Gi has Ma Wang's eyes, which is the source of his power. Even without his eyes we saw his power by using the dry leaves as weapons to kill the soldiers.

Personally, I do not mind the CGI as it is necessary in the story. It's going to be difficult, production-wise to have a character appear as a monster, and it's also going to be an expensive one.

Someone commented the Ha Ram's eyes might be also be CG. However, it seems to me that the makeup artists added red tinted eye makeup around Ha Ram's eyes to enhance the redness. The contacts they used were not intensely red so that they will not appear comical. In the distance they look more like dark golden brown with a reddish tinge. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Glad to see some old friends here too @backstreetboysfan @ferily @andy78 I have a feeling we’re going to enjoy this drama. It’s all done so prettily! And just seeing Ha Ram spilling his tea, he’s quite the cheeky one, isn’t he!

welcome @shinkerunice to see you here too!!!

seeing Ha Ram spilling his tea, he’s quite the cheeky one, isn’t he!

yes...i guess he feels the prince will be a strong rival

• Like 4

Good to see you here @shinkeru chingu :hooray2:

@reddragon Well-said and I agree with you! The cinematography definitely is beautiful and I love all the colors for the drama too. The OST is absolutely beautiful and I’m obsessed with OST 1:

But yes I personally don’t mind the CGI as well. When I first saw episode 1, I personally thought they did a good job with the CGI since it’s kinda rare to see CGI in Korean dramas. I’ve been trying to figure out if Ahn Hyo Seop red eyes are contacts or CGI because I noticed in the behind the scenes, he isn’t wearing contacts? I have to look again haha

• Like 6

3 hours ago, reddragon said:

I wonder who would be selected as the spiritual painters? For sure one of them will be Cheon Gi, or will she be the only one. Samshin was telling the God Tiger that Cheon Gi is the chosen one who will save the nation. She will create the painting that will forever seal Ma Wang.

Hmm yea will it just be the 1 painter or will they have afew painters to join the royal academy because if her 2 other friends are gunna be shown alot they have to be picked to join her as well isn't it?

• Like 5