[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 3

Chinese Netizens Accuse South Korean Drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” of Cultural Plagiarism

By sammi
September 24, 2021

FAPdV8hXEAEL3O6?format=jpg&name=small

South Korean drama Lovers of the Red Sky starring Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung is at the center of controversy after Chinese netizens blasted the drama for stealing concepts and costumes from other Chinese historical dramas. As the accusation mounts, Chinese netizens and South Korean netizens took their voices online to debate over the substantiality of the claims.

Many netizens argue that the main characters in the Lovers of the Red Sky are wearing hats that are a copy of the costumes found in 2020’s Chinese drama Love and Redemption <琉璃> and Serenade of Peaceful Joy <清平樂>. In addition, the Chinese netizens accuse the South Korean drama of plagiarizing The Journey of Flower <花千骨> because the two dramas share a plotline where the male lead wears a mask to infiltrate a secret organization.

FAPdXvwVQAAp8RB?format=jpg&name=small

FAPdZI4VcAMAawa?format=jpg&name=small

Adding onto the issue of plagiarism, Chinese netizens also claim that Lovers in the Red Sky is vilifying their heritage because the drama’s sole Chinese character is a scammer who sells drugs.

In response to the accusations, Seo Kyoung Duk, a well-known sociologist, hits back on his Instagram and criticizes the Chinese netizens for crossing the line with their unreasonable claims. Seo Kyoung Duk accuses the Chinese netizens for using the drama to play politics and alleges that the Chinese netizens feel threatened with the rise of South Korean tradition and culture on the worldwide stage.

Seo Kyung Duk continues to argue that the popularity of Korean dramas helps put a spotlight on South Korean culture and history. Given that the western audience are historically more familiar to the Chinese culture, he is thankful that there is more opportunity to show the world the beauty of South Korean culture.

Source: ET Today

This article is written by Sammi for JayneStars.com.

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/chinese-netizens-accuse-south-korean-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky-of-plagiarism/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

Chinese Netizens Accuse South Korean Drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” of Cultural Plagiarism

By sammi
September 24, 2021

South Korean drama Lovers of the Red Sky starring Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung is at the center of controversy after Chinese netizens blasted the drama for stealing concepts and costumes from other Chinese historical dramas. As the accusation mounts, Chinese netizens and South Korean netizens took their voices online to debate over the substantiality of the claims.

Many netizens argue that the main characters in the Lovers of the Red Sky are wearing hats that are a copy of the costumes found in 2020’s Chinese drama Love and Redemption <琉璃> and Serenade of Peaceful Joy <清平樂>. In addition, the Chinese netizens accuse the South Korean drama of plagiarizing The Journey of Flower <花千骨> because the two dramas share a plotline where the male lead wears a mask to infiltrate a secret organization.

Adding onto the issue of plagiarism, Chinese netizens also claim that Lovers in the Red Sky is vilifying their heritage because the drama’s sole Chinese character is a scammer who sells drugs.

In response to the accusations, Seo Kyoung Duk, a well-known sociologist, hits back on his Instagram and criticizes the Chinese netizens for crossing the line with their unreasonable claims. Seo Kyoung Duk accuses the Chinese netizens for using the drama to play politics and alleges that the Chinese netizens feel threatened with the rise of South Korean tradition and culture on the worldwide stage.

Seo Kyung Duk continues to argue that the popularity of Korean dramas helps put a spotlight on South Korean culture and history. Given that the western audience are historically more familiar to the Chinese culture, he is thankful that there is more opportunity to show the world the beauty of South Korean culture.

Source: ET Today

This article is written by Sammi for JayneStars.com.

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/chinese-netizens-accuse-south-korean-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky-of-plagiarism/

Good.. make the drama more popular please... complain all the way... as if people dont have better things to do... just enjoy the drama and relax :D

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote images, thanks!
  • Like 4

On 9/26/2021 at 9:54 PM, ferily said:

Guys we are finally getting a new episode of Hong Cheon Gi!! :bawling: Episode 7 pre-released clip is out, basically the scene we saw in the trailers where Yangmyeong asks Ha Ram about Hong Cheon Gi

Can't wait for today's episode!!

Rough translations of the preview clip!: 

Grand prince (GP): Ha supervisor.... I have a question to ask you about Hong Cheon Ki, the female painter.

Ha Ram (HR): Yes, please do.

GP: Are you perhaps very close to her?

HR: We just met for the first time at the dye-making house... When Hong painter brought you the painters list for the Maejukheon, I saw that your relationship with her was not simple, and was about to ask you about it. 

GP: We are not in that kind of relationship yet.

HR: What do you mean by not YET.

GP: Oh hoo... No. (to self: what am I saying right now). However a scent is wrapped up, it doesn't make it fade away... I just grew an interest in her as a painter. I'll get going.

HR: :unamused:

[dying at his expressions!! Hahah]

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote videos, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Watching episode 7 made me realize that this two week wait was painful! Oh how I missed watching my weekly dose of Hong Cheon Gi, but I am glad we are back!! Each episode never fails to keep me engaged and entertained..

So Episode 7.. Man I’m a bit worried what Ha Ram has to do for Juhyang since Ha Ram took the blame for Hong Cheon Gi’s father. It looks like the shaman woman and Juhyang are going to start taking action on figuring out if Ma Wang is in Ha Ram or not AND also figure out Hong Cheon Gi’s true identity. I do not like this duo AT ALL..

@jentayue totally agree and Yangmyeong is falling deeper and deeper with Hong Cheon Gi.. Hes definitely not hateable though and I think he’s cute. We going to see some love triangle for sure in the next episode! Totally sensing jealousy from Ha Ram as Cheon Gi spends more time with Yangmyeong… I’m enjoying jealous Ha Ram and his reactions :bashful:

But I would say that episode 7 wasnt fast paced and setting up the main plot for the drama. Once Hong Cheon Gi is part of the painters bureau, I sense we’ll start to see more action and the plot pick up, especially since the shaman and Juhyang are gonna confirm if Ma Wang is inside Ha Ram..

This drama is definitely giving us the slow burning romance because Ha Ram keeps denying and putting aside his feelings for Hong Cheon Gi when clearly he totally remembers her and totally has feelings for her. We can see that he can’t hold back sometimes, like when he kissed her, helping her out or at the end of episode 7 where he goes for her after she left. Guys, I’m honestly super excited for the romance to ramp up in this drama. I want to see the romance between two of them!! :wub:  But I think we’ll definitely see some tragedy happening between our main leads because of their fates. Samshin does seem to step in and take action for the two of them and trying to make that fate happen. I thought it was funny that the painting Cheon Gi had and was going to give to Yangmyeong ended up with Ha Ram :lol: Cheon Gi reaction to coming to Ha Ram’s house each time was funny too and she was wondering why the heck she kept coming back to this one house! Hong Cheon Gi, you are not wrong about her being a ghost and not human.. She is a god! Love how she noticed that strange things happen when she meets the grandma too haha..

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

The divine painting need to be given to ha ram to protect him...

And finally the courage to go against a Grand Prince for a lady... hehe..

Its great that the romance came out early, and not dragged after 10th episode or more... that they acknowledged their childhood meeting though being in love at first meeting at such a young age doesnt seemed to be realisitc....but nvm, we wanna see more action on that part... haha

interesting episodes ahead...:heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

The lighting and cinematography of this drama is great.

But for Ep. 7, what impressed me were the panoramic scenes of the yangban village. It is the first time I have seen more encompassing landscapes, especially the scene where Samshin met Cheon Gi and asked to see her painting. In most sageuk dramas, we often only see streets and alleys, or open field, mountains and edges of the rivers. It's nice to see the areas where the yangbans live, the landscape and the neighboring houses in long shots instead of close up. Simply beautiful.

Kwak Shi Yang really has a magnetic presence even if he appears on screen only for a short time. He always appears impressive and commanding of attention, even when he's not saying anything. I do hope he can be a male lead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh no, oh no, oh no… That ending for Episode 8 though, DEFINITELY NOT GOOD NEWS AT ALL!!! From the moment Hong Cheon Gi went into the royal portrait room and felt Ma Wang’s aura, I was like, this is a place that Ha Ram SHOULD NOT COME TO, but lo and behold Ha Ram goes in and the seal for Ma Wang breaks. My gosh the worst part is that Cheon Gi and Yangmyeong are RIGHT THERE TO WITNESS IT. Am I the only one freaking out because I am really worried now what’s going to happen.. Basically the two of them will find out that something is in inside of Ha Ram although the two don’t know what it is in that moment. Seems like the King tells Yangmyeong the truth though and he’ll find out that it’s actually Ma Wang. (Which is why we see in episode 9 preview Yangmyeong telling Ha Ram to stay away from Hong Cheon Gi)

The other bad news is that Juhyang and Mi Su (shaman) found out that Ma Wang is inside of Ha Ram so the two of them are going to take action and initiative now. Even Ha Ram has no idea who the heck Ma Wang is either. Ugh, I’m worried now..

Okay aside from that, I am super surprised AND happy that Ha Ram confronted Cheon Gi and told her the truth! I was surprised at how honest Ha Ram was to Cheon Gi, telling her about what happened on the rain ritual day, but I’m glad that he didn’t delay that any longer with her and told her the truth. Guys the time has come for the love triangle and Yangmyeong made it clear in this episode that he’ll go after Cheon Gi. Oh man, I don’t want to see Yangmyeong and Ha Ram get into some fight because of Cheon Gi…

The wait for next weeks episode will definitely be painful because of the cliffhanger that we got.. We are finally seeing more action with the Ma Wang storyline so I’m glad that’s picking up!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1