[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

On 6/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, Lmangla said:

@Yinye ~ bossam has 20 episodes. 

one more addition to the OST

글로리아 심 (Gloria Sim) - 그대 내게 말해요 | 보쌈-운명을 훔치다 OST Part.14 (Bossam-Steal the Fate OST Part.14)

I really enjoy the OST for this show. I particularly enjoy it when a show's songs are in a variety of contrasting styles. Since I often like to listen to the whole album of a show's OST, it's much more appealing to me when the songs are individual and distinct. This soundtrack certainly fits that description. Some songs in it seem almost like lounge singer-type pieces (that someone might sing while sitting provocatively draped on top of a piano!), some are almost like James Bond film songs or even sound a bit like a song for a western, at least one has what seems to be a more traditional, almost folk song-like sound. So, yes--I'm very happy with this soundtrack.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 9

ep.13

I have only one word for that MIL.

And its not a nice word.

It was a really beautiful shot when they were standing next to that tree full of cherry blossoms...

162373615453.jpg

DY is still trying to help them..  nice...

162373643653.jpg

MBN

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I voted “other” for Cha Sol’s mom appearance.
At first I was super annoyed with her, especially after seeing the preview. But because we have been seeing more stuff happening in the palace, I am hoping with her appearing, we’ll get to see more of the family issues being resolved. And of course, her presence will only strengthen our OTP’s love and feelings for each other. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

finished watching ep 14 with subs and would have to agree that at times, it feels like too much court politics. every time the left councilor smirks, you want to slap him. his eldest son who keeps sniffling and doing an invisible twirl of his moustache is also a creep. and yea, I hope both of them are killed. they are really terrible people... at the same, wonder what will happen to dae yeob who seems to be an impossible position -- of having to stick to his ethics and loyalty to the princess or sticking to the family line... 

the princess turns out to be very shrewd and also calculative. it was interesting to see her advice bawoo to join hands with court lady but be wary at the same time as that lady plays her own games. she also has zero qualms about kicking left councilor to the curb -- it is kill or be killed and she values herself and her family first. so yea, all old ties have been cut at this stage...  bawoo is so impressed by her brain that he says she would have made a wonderful king and she responds that as a child, she had such dreams. so this is a woman who is a super smart cookie really! she is going to be of great asset to bawoo as she helps him navigate the court politics and help him stay safe. too bad the mother-in-law has no clue and seems stuck on the commoner status which seems a bit hypocritical as they lived as commoners for many years... 

besides the court politics, there were some great scenes. the reunion between princess and her mother was touching. bawoo was like guard to the space to let them grieve and we can see that it hurts him hearing them cry so much.. 

bossam86-87.jpg 

also found it interesting the way the queen consort chose to speak to bawoo. they are all sitting on the same level and he is treated as one among them. she is handing over the princess safety and says she trusts him to continue to keep her safe. this wasn't a queen giving a subject an order but rather a mom asking this man -- does she understand the relationship between bawoo and princess? it seems she approves as long as her daughter is safe... 

bossam90.png 

the other scene I liked is when he is trying to get her out of the palace. when they are finally free, he reaches out his hand. there is no formal "come out princess" or any of that etiquette. the princess holds his hand and stands by his side. the court lady notices this hand hold very intensely but neither are embarrassed, shy or weird about it. they are very matter of fact and we can tell the court lady has made note of this simple action and what it means. found that very interesting -- it seems to confirm that these two are married in some sense or see themselves that way. 

bossam91-93.jpg 

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Awwwww, beautiful

it was a beautiful scene and the hug was intense. poor thing, her heart is really breaking and she is so scared that he may not come back alive. they both know that his life is in danger but he is not in a position to stay. ugh, left councilor and his dirty games. he is so obviously plotting treason but seems to get all sorts of people to do his bidding. he was clearly poisoning the king so he can groom the prince to do his bidding. he seems intent on getting rid of bawoo  . yup, definitely no happy ending for him. we want our OTP to be safe! no tragic ending please. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Cherry Blossom OTP BTS.  Awww, yuri is so diligent in memorizing her lines so that she did not make mistakes before her sunbae. 

:fullofhearts:

Cr: as tagged

IunZPQp.jpg

Anybody interested in different reviews on this super show and our beloved OTP, visit breathlesssurvival. wordpress. com

She has some excellent write-ups both on the drama and on OTP too. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Ahhhhh, the Courtship of Cha Dol’s Father.

So restrained, so elegant and so lovely. Oh my heart! They are both hopelessly in love with each other and there are some beautiful quiet moments of interaction that are unforgettable.

For instance, the scene where she helps him dress in his uniform for his audience with the King. There are no words exchanged during this process as he stands quietly while she ties his belt, secures the binds on his sleeves, smoothes out the folds on his shoulders and when he turns to face her straightens his hat and tassels. What an exquisite scene of intimacy. Help me! 

Then another, at the archery scene when he teases SK after she misses her shot at the target. He takes her hands and blows on them with his warm breath because they’re cold, she says. And then he raises both her hands to cup his face because it’s warmer, he says.  Quiet and restrained. Lovely.

A third example, when SK meets BW under the cherry blossoms to report on her mission to the silk merchant. BW looks at her with a flirtatious smile and tells her she is beautiful. He lists what he likes about her face, her forehead, the bridge of her nose and lips. And then he steps closer to her looking intently at her lips again. Oh my! 

As a relative newcomer to K-Dramas after being introduced to them by Hospital Playlist last year I am in awe at how good some of them are. This one is superb and I too am smitten. 

Edited by Glam
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Pre-released clip for ep. 15.  Feel sorry for SK.  Hope BW return ASAP.  

Cr:as tagged

I think there is also advantage in that woman returning back as CD's mom.  Since the left councillor is curious as to the woman who is living in BW's house, this woman may come into picture and SK living there maybe overshadowed.  Looking forward to this week's episodes. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @pad-hari! I'm relieved that at least the mother-in-law realised the difference between the two women. Look at her facial expression! She is not satisfied with the situation at all! Poor little Cha Dol he is the real victim here! Adults can protect themselves somehow... I hope the boy gets his real mother back soon instead of that so called birth-mother.

Look forward this week's episodes as well. I was a bit upset with the latests.

• Like 6

omo, chadol's mom is blackmailing bawoo. how does she know that it is the princess? and if she knows it is the princess, why does she have no fear of angering the king or getting whacked? very very suspicious. that does it. she is definitely going to have a bad ending....

ep 16 preview

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Some video clips of tonite's episode

yea it does not look like an episode we will really enjoy much. sigh. but I am going back to the idea that she might be a spy. something is off! 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea it does not look like an episode we will really enjoy much. sigh. but I am going back to the idea that she might be a spy. something is off! 

Yeah she must be a spy.  But for who?  She treated SK badly even after knowing she is a princess.  Waah!!!! I hope this is not a filler episode but makes some sense connecting with the future episodes. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yeah she must be a spy.  But for who?  She treated SK badly even after knowing she is a princess.  Waah!!!! I hope this is not a filler episode but makes some sense connecting with the future episodes. 

yea, I am also confused on who she could be spying for. it is really puzzling that she has no qualms acting as a bully. so she must think that she has power backing her up right? bawoo should just tell his mom that this woman cheated on him and ran off with another man. that will get her kicked out very quickly. but I hope this gets resolved quickly. it will be really boring if we have to keep seeing this character over more episodes. feels like the rhythm of the drama is getting disrupted... 

• Like 5