[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

After today's episode, I'm surprised that HJ isn't outright trying to off his father right now. In one episode, he just found out that everything he believed about his father was a lie and that he was actually trying to protect a trashy human being. I gotta say, watching things go down at HJ's home was hard to watch. The Chairman's darkness was in full view, Halmoni is heartbroken to realize that her darling boy is actually a goblin, and HR and EH are losing their minds. Is EH the Madame Villefort equivalent because the chairman was really ready to make her swallow that poison today. HOMG.

I don't see how Miss M is going to live through this. As I watched her sipping her wine, I got this vision of her sipping poisoned wine once her revenge is completed. I don't think I've ever watched a revenge drama where the heroine has not only been allowed to go dark, but is fully aware of what they are doing. On one hand, it's refreshing to see, but on the other hand, it's hard to watch this descent into madness.

In the preview, HJ gets on his needs and asks what can he do to quench her rage. REALLY?! This late in the game? Disco Oppa was so determined to protect his daddy that he couldn't possibly see that pedestal he put him on. Him and SH just feel so useless this late in the game. Let Miss M burst aflame like a phoenix and complete her revenge.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

I am so proud of this drama, this one and vincenzo revenge goes to its extreme.  They dont sugar coat it and use the word forgiveness so easily or repent and your forgiven easily.  It usually happens in dramas the victim goes through with revenge to a point then pleads for them to stop or forgives once repents.  They dont go as far as she has, even her ex watches on totally helpless that he cant do anything to help her.

There is only a few ways this can go, either takes them out and confesses her part does time and he is waiting for her with open arms.  Takes them down and then takes her own life as well as she felt she went too far to go back.   Regardless what she does her family will want her to come back, but she has really gone to far to turn back into innocent EJ now, I am not sure she knows how to go back at this point.......

My only comfort is that her ex is there, even if he cant do much, he sees her pain, he knows he cant do much to stop her but he is still there for her and will go back to her the moment she stops.....

• Like 7

I thought all 4 women could end up in gaol, but no, maybe in the hospital. SR is poor, she has to be in the cheap asylum.

We thought HR was calling the press, no, to the very end, she is without redemption. 

The writer gave the Jus two loyal lovers? Why? Because they were poor, money can't buy love.:smirk:

But not the others?

I can't see any rhyme or reason in making the Chairman the real evil while Evil stepmum is just a loyal, wife/henchman. Then why did he have a guilty conscience for 30 years?  Because he likes getting drunk. Yeah.

We did not get a drink in a plastic covered eating/drinking place. 

No running at the airport.

They should just kill off SH and EJ. They can have their own little family, OHR ends up in an asylum, she plays Ophelia in her cell.

The supporting cast are all OK. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

EJ is losing it. Granted they are all losing it. 

I figured that HR's last play was to tell EJ's mother. I'm surprised she didn't make sure to tell EJ's brother too. He might be slow but I figure he knows what murder is. 

The Chairman really is the true villain. Step mom did whatever horrible thing she needed to stay by his side, and he took full advantage of that. Granted it doesn't excuse her behavior but I think he is worse. I mean HJ hates her but still won't let her die like that. 

Preview: With the amount of times HR can get that close to EJ I wonder why she just doesn't stab her. I mean really. It would stop the revenge real quick. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

So, episode 97 ...

I was really enjoying the Chairman as the cold, calm, calculating villain he turned out to be, unfortunately, that only lasted about half an episode. :rolleyes:

This drama's biggest failure was its lack of a real and constant threat via credible villains - What does the Chairman think he gains from EvilStepMom writing a confession, and committing suicide?  Eun-Jo still has the video of him paying off officials ... he's sitting there willingly ... EvilStepMom dying won't change that.  So dumb. 

Lashing out violently at Ha-Ra for trying to kill Eun-Jo?  So the Chairman kills to get and keep what he wants, but when Ha-Ra does essentially the same thing, she gets slapped ... a tad hypocritical I think.  Again, so dumb.

On the subject of dumb, Eun-Jo is on a roll of her own - She wanted to send the Chairman to prison with Mr Na's blood on his hands .... so prison for the Chairman was endgame?   Well maybe you should've turned Mr Na and the recording over to the police, and they both would've gone to prison ...

Her spiraling decent continues - at this point, I see her either going to prison at the end, ala Fake Doc, or taking Mr Wang and heading off to parts unknown.  I don't think she'll die. ( No version of the MonteCristo story has Edmond die ) - ( but, yeah, this isn't really like the story so...)

I think Ha-Ra is going to die. Se-Rin has stolen the insane crown. We can't have 2 Queens of the asylum.   As many of you have already pointed out, the actress involved has done an amazing job with the character at the end, its just sad that the writers boxed her into such a 1 dimensional stupid minion-like villain for a majority of the drama - Again, weak villains = major failure.

So why did the housekeeper have to hand feed Grandma when a few scenes earlier she was more than capable of reaching out to take and hold DF Oppa's hand? :blink:

Even though we have 3 episodes left, I'm calling it now - DF Oppa wins this drama - After seeking vengeance for nearly the entire drama on his stepmother, he stops her from sacrificing herself - and while it probably won't change anything, he will sincerely apologize to Eun-Jo for his company and family.  We even got a small Oppa bromance conversation thanking Uni Oppa for helping/advising

DF Oppa is a good man - through and through

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

97 EP they at each other throats

Me waiting patiently for them to kill each other & finally end WW3 :D

Hey ... did you notice how close they both are to that window ... do you think they might...

cosmogif - gifs by cosmobloom

I hope, I hope, I hope .... :lol:

• LOL 5

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

The Chairman really is the true villain. Step mom did whatever horrible thing she needed to stay by his side, and he took full advantage of that. Granted it doesn't excuse her behavior but I think he is worse. I mean HJ hates her but still won't let her die like that. 

yea he truly is diabolical. was surprised when stepmom tearfully tells hara that she is just a mistress. she knew deep down that this man never accepted her as his wife and she lived in fear for years doing all his dirty work to gain his favour. he meanwhile let her get away with things as long as she continued to be useful and keep his hands clean. basically she was the serin to this chairman. just as hara despised serin for being servant, weak and not very bright, he also had a lot of contempt for her but he had no problem living with her. shaking my head, this is one messed up family!!! 

Season 4 No GIF

5 hours ago, youngae said:

See I told you!

Now all I want is him to be happy!

think hajun will end up leaving jewang group to be run by professional management and he will move abroad. maybe he will be the one to take hoon to see penguins. hoon has conveniently disappeared from this drama -- that must be one long english camp! 

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

but when Ha-Ra does essentially the same thing, she gets slapped ... a tad hypocritical I think.  Again, so dumb.

Hypocrisy is not a big problem for a villain.

I wonder if the author had planned to make HJ's father evil all along or just changed direction a few episodes ago.

He was so remorseful that he actually took his son to the site where Newmum's bf killed himself. Was he putting on an act?

No, I think there were some shenanigans. Just like A good supper, it started with one guy was supposed to die but now we have another guy dying.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Why does EJ always let HR assault her?  She should have killed her by now lol  Or at least slap beat her for trying to kill her 5 yrs ago.   

This is revenge drama....Ej should be the one with the gun, not the other way around. I want her to try to kill HR .   Anyways, HR is insane and should be put down like the rabid dog that she is.   She better not get off without a punishment.

• Like 7

The bridge is making me suspect its going to come full circle, HR finally looses everyone around her as EJ plans.  The gun is set as part of the script or her attempt to shoot EJ.  There ends up being a wrestling match and this him HR goes over in an attempt to frame EJ for it.  That would be my guess......I doubt EJ will be hurt this close to the finally but then again I dont think she will care at this point she is way to obsessed with revenge and dying anyhow......

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Hypocrisy is not a big problem for a villain.

I wonder if the author had planned to make HJ's father evil all along or just changed direction a few episodes ago.

He was so remorseful that he actually took his son to the site where Newmum's bf killed himself. Was he putting on an act?

No, I think there were some shenanigans. Just like A good supper, it started with one guy was supposed to die but now we have another guy dying.

Yass. I believe the father although always ambitious was a late add to give EJ justification to take out the whole family.

I dropped Good Supper a long time ago because of a certain storyline that I could not abide by. I am not a prude, but am very socially and economically conservative compared to many in my age group.

A lot of these writers run out of steam and story.

• Like 7

I think another actress could do better, HR made contact with her many times and she's like a rag doll and somebody says 'go', then she grabbed HR.

SR went for the throat and with 6-7 inches between them, it was difficult but it was darn good. OK Ms Ferret you did well there.

@chococarmela what is Penthouse like?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, maribella said:

what is Penthouse like?

Right now the show is even crazier than ever. But all the characters are morally grey and/or evil so there’s not really anyone to root for. To me that makes the show super interesting, I love watching dramas with morally grey protagonists. 

All in all, it’s a great show but just flat out insane. A lot happens in every episode.

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I feel like HR might fall off the bridge and die this time. Full karma.

looking at the preview makes me think that both eun joo and hara will go off the bridge together. :sweatingbullets:

poor PDnim and crew -- they will be traumatized and the movie will never get released....

is tomorrow the last episode? or is it friday? am wondering what else is there if they are already showing a bridge scene in preview... 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2