[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

Daaaang, that was a dark ending.  I just watched with subs. Miss M isn't messing around. It was directly parallel with what happened with her father and it was CHILLING. We all wondered if things would go dark and now it has. 

The preview makes me wonder not only what SR will do tomorrow, but how the heck this is supposed to wrap up in six episodes. SR is pretty much done for. HR's dad knows the truth about what his dear daughter did and with the truth about HJ's father not far behind. I sort of want Miss M to go down in a blaze of glory now. She knows she's gone dark now, no choice but to finish it off and leave it all behind.

I hope next week's episodes are one banger after another!

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

If the police suspects foul play, a postmortem will show a heart attack. SR then will blame EJ for showing a clip that shows she is a co-murderer? Her hands are tied. If EJ is caught, it can't be for this. SR is a murderer despite her blaming HR, maybe an assassin. She gained her overseas education and became confidante to the Evil family for killing Byeol and Papa Koh.

I think Mr Na will have something to do with hurting EJ. I hope she gets away,  he still has to pay for being involved in swindling Papa Koh and killing New mum among other things.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG, dang that was a dark ending.  

I watched the whole episode raw, will rewatch tomorrow with subs. It was intense and Dark.  
Haven’t you all noticed that EJ, HR and SR are all Crazy.  They have completely lost their mind. I had said in earlier episode she was quite there at all because ai blame the New Mom for her intensifying her rage and pain. 
FINALLY SR  APPOLOGIZED FOR WHAT HAPPENED BUT IT WAS TOO LATE. Her and her father went to far for in being LEECHES. TBH was she really sorry, was it sincere. I truly hope so.  @youactlikeicare I also think she will die. After waking up in the hospital after fake mom died. She looked really broken and in fixable. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

will die. After waking up in the hospital after fake mom died. She looked really broken and in fixable.

@UnniSarah just think, she lost her baby, father, fiance and she was crippled for sometime. Even without losing New mum, is 5 years enough to recover emotionally? I know a friend whose mother was murdered by a drug addicted neighbour, her pain is still there, after decades. Maybe she could find another man and have more babies but a father or a mother?  If she had gone the legal way, would HR be prosecuted given the corrupt system in kdrama ( :smile: Don't know in real life)? If HR escapes so would SR.

Revenge is the only recourse. So if she snaps, I am not surprised.

I don't like either man or Mr Wang for EJ but the way the writer set up Uni oppa giving her unconditional love and support, Mama Cha and BM are now both are in her camp, I think they will send her to prison for some years and SH will be waiting for her. 

But if the writer wants to change it to a farce, all four women will be in the same jail and the whole game starts again.:Megalol:just kidding. It's getting intense just as I wanted it but don't know if I can take it.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I watched the whole episode raw, will rewatch tomorrow with subs. It was intense and Dark.  
Haven’t you all noticed that EJ, HR and SR are all Crazy.  They have completely lost their mind. I had said in earlier episode she was quite there at all because ai blame the New Mom for her intensifying her rage and pain. 
FINALLY SR  APPOLOGIZED FOR WHAT HAPPENED BUT IT WAS TOO LATE. Her and her father went to far for in being LEECHES. TBH was she really sorry, was it sincere. I truly hope so.  @youactlikeicare I also think she will die. After waking up in the hospital after fake mom died. She looked really broken and in fixable. 

Yes, it was so intense and dark.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, maribella said:

just think, she lost her baby, father, fiance and she was crippled for sometime. Even without losing New mum, is 5 years enough to recover emotionally? I know a friend whose mother was murdered by a drug addicted neighbour, her pain is still there, after decades. Maybe she could find another man and have more babies but a father or a mother?  If she had gone the legal way, would HR be prosecuted given the corrupt system in kdrama ( :smile: Don't know in real life)? If HR escapes so would SR.

Revenge is the only recourse. So if she snaps, I am not surprised.

You are right , EJ’s pain is very raw and she still hasn’t healed yet. @maribella 

If this was the real world, I would never pair EJ with her ex but for now I believe she needs someone in her old life who is willing not to judge. 
Since this is a Drama Let me tell you how I feel about Se Rin’s dad dying. 

GOOD FOR HIM, he did a terrible job raising his daughter and setting bad example all her life. Can you believe the reason why she stole from EJ was because she had a inferiority complex to the daughter of her father’s employer. He gave them a home, a job and let him do whatever he wants by stealing from his building tenants.  Then his daughters wanted to beat EJ but stealing her works, the stealing other designer work to be successful how is that EJ’s fault. Trying to kill EJ  and  killing her baby then killing her father, the kicking the owner of the house out of their own house because they were jealous. In the proceeds hurting other for their gain. Neither of them felt sorry what they did unti they got caught.  It took for SR’s father to be at deaths door  for them to see there wrongs. Smh smh why did it have to be like that. SR had so many chances to come clean because of her weak personality, but SR still chose to steal and not work hard for her success. Smh smh smh  

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

Well that was certainly dark ... and with subs it got even darker - wow

Even with all the indicators pointing in that direction, I really though Eun-Jo would stop short. Take'em right to the edge and yank them back but no. So now that she's a murderer it raises some really interesting questions, that as others have pointed out already, will be hard to answer in the remaining 6 episodes. 

First, I just want to throw something out there. I didn't like that they killed Papa Ju.  The man is a leech and a thief and the worst kind of sleeze, but he never killed anyone, nor did he conspire to kill anyone. Now I know alot of you are saying ..."what about Fake doc's dad?" ... Fake docs dad committed suicide, being kicked out of the shopping mall may have contributed to it, but Papa Ju didn't kick the vendors out with the hopes of driving them all to suicide ... for me, killing him went to far.

Eun-Jo - she's killed the first and possibly the least offensive person on her hit list, that does not bode well for those higher up the list ... her giddy maniacal giggling is just creepy - she's clearly over the edge.

Se-Rin - I'm 50/50 on what happens tomorrow, it looks like, per preview, she is setting up to kill herself as DDM Queen - On the other hand, she has hit rock bottom, her father is dead ... she tried to strangle Eun-Jo before he was killed, would she now maybe go after her family? Kill Old Mom and or Eun Gyul?

Mr Na - the man escapes - is he going into hiding? Does he know about Papa Ju? Will he save Se-Rin if she tries to kill herself?  What if he gets there just a moment too late and see's her die?  Now for the big question ... who does Mr Na fear more, Eun-Jo or Ha-Ra?  If Se-Rin dies, and he knows Eun-Jo is responsible, for killing his love, he may try to kill hers ... if he fears Ha-ra more then he may try to kill DF Oppa believing the engagement had something to it, If he doesn't fear Ha-Ra, and her previous threats, he may try to kill Uni Oppa. Per preview, Eun-Jo has told Mr Wang to take care of him so he may just ... disappear.

DF Oppa - I just gotta give the man props for being a stand up human being, even after all of Se-Rins shenanigans, when she fainted, he still took care of her - Kudos  Also it will be interesting what tact he will take once he finds out Eun-Jo did in fact kill Se-Rin's dad, and now realizes the very real danger his own father is in ... sometimes soon he also has to find out that his father gave the order to kill New Mom - poor boy is going to get a serious case of whiplash.

Uni Oppa - the man is pissing me off with this complete hands off approach - tomorrow he finds out she killed someone. If you love her even a tenth as much as you say you do, you have to try and stop her ... yeah you'll probably fail a time or two but you better at least try.  BTW, I think Uni Oppa will have a hand in stopping her, he'll get the police involved and she'll end up arrested ... but I think a few more will die ... not all, but some.

Topknot Mom - my favorite scene in the episode - slapping, multiple hair pulling, and the proverbial F@#K YOU's all around , Ha-Ra, EvilStepMom, Chairman Oh ( so good he may have had a stroke )  ..... yes, I watched it more than once

standing ovation GIF

If Se-Rin checks out tomorrow, the bad guys better be on their guard - If Father and Daughter are dead Ha-Ra better not be still whining about her part in the damn Movie :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

But is SR dad confirmed to be really dead?

I am hoping not and maybe he just fainted from shock (as I am one of the happy endings person haha and i still want her to be able to go back as murder (even indirect) is a large burden, i want hoon and EJ to be happy)

Grr why did they allow Mr Na to escape? I agree with the others that SR may take her life as DDM queen (so she can stay as a genius to the end) but Mr Na may hopefully foil her last plan with love haha (i want them to suffer more in prison instead of dying immediately)

Edited by tiuserviu viu
  • Like 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Well that was certainly dark ... and with subs it got even darker - wow

Even with all the indicators pointing in that direction, I really though Eun-Jo would stop short. Take'em right to the edge and yank them back but no. So now that she's a murderer it raises some really interesting questions, that as others have pointed out already, will be hard to answer in the remaining 6 episodes. 

yea, I agree with you; the ominous string music in the back really set it up as a looming disaster but we are used to seeing a more light approach to revenge dramas -- some illness like dementia or jail -- that it was surprising and dark. am wondering if deok gyu or eun joo can be prosecuted since it was vitamin tablets and he basically got a heart attack. it is hard to prove that serin's dad was hypnotized into thinking that this was medicine and had a heart attack from the truth shock..... one thing for sure, am not expecting any sort of romantic or happy ending for eun joo after this.... 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea, I agree with you; the ominous string music in the back really set it up as a looming disaster but we are used to seeing a more light approach to revenge dramas -- some illness like dementia or jail -- that it was surprising and dark. am wondering if deok gyu or eun joo can be prosecuted since it was vitamin tablets and he basically got a heart attack. it is hard to prove that serin's dad was hypnotized into thinking that this was medicine and had a heart attack from the truth shock..... one thing for sure, am not expecting any sort of romantic or happy ending for eun joo after this.... 

I don't think the ability to prosecute either of them will come into question, at least not yet. I think the bigger issue is what will those who know do now - The bad guys better get their affairs in order, perhaps consider leaving the country - The good guys are in a bad place too - What do the Oppa brothers do now? What if Eun-Jo's already traumatized mother comes to find out she's killed 1 and by tomorrow maybe 2 people?  Topknot mom who was in her corner today, may hate her tomorrow for killing Papa Ju - I'm really  curious if/how they may try to stop her.  

Agree with you completely ... No happy endings with this one

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

36 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hypnotized into thinking that this was medicine and had a heart attack from the truth shock..... one thing for sure, am not expecting any sort of romantic or happy ending for eun joo after this.... 

I don't consider Papa Ju's death was due to the vitamins or hypnotism. If DG's father's suicide has very little to do with Papa Ju, then his death has even less to do with EJ.  She is guilty in getting him psychologically addicted even though it is not an addictive substance. If she did the same to others, would it cause their deaths?

He was a hypochondriac, the prosecutor will have to prove that hypnotism worked. He also saw the video of his daughter killing Papa Koh.

@Lmangla We watch revenge shows to get revenge, if we don't get wedding bells, oh well. We can watch romance, sageuk etc. I felt ticked off when New mum got dementia, I was thinking no cancer just earlier.

Just curious, why do the actors clutch the back of their heads  when in a shock?

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

DF Oppa - I just gotta give the man props for being a stand up human being, even after all of Se-Rins shenanigans, when she fainted, he still took care of her - Kudos  Also it will be interesting what tact he will take once he finds out Eun-Jo did in fact kill Se-Rin's dad, and now realizes the very real danger his own father is in ... sometimes soon he also has to find out that his father gave the order to kill New Mom - poor boy is going to get a serious case of whiplash.

He is a stand up human being and was a gentleman to Se Rin but everything that happened to her is her fault. . Well said @LeftCoastOppa I wished it was darker at the beginning that would have made my day. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't consider Papa Ju's death was due to the vitamins or hypnotism. If DG's father's suicide has very little to do with Papa Ju, then his death has even less to do with EJ.  She is guilty in getting him psychologically addicted even though it is not an addictive substance. If she did the same to others, would it cause their deaths?

He was a hypochondriac, the prosecutor will have to prove that hypnotism worked. He also saw the video of his daughter killing Papa Koh.

So by that logic Mr Na DID NOT kill New Mom, right?  He didn't push her down the mountain, she fell on her own. 

Its about intent -

Mr Na is a murderer because he intended the trip to the mountain to end with New Moms demise. Eun-Jo & Fake Doc are both murderers now because they also intended to play on Papa Ju as a hypochondriac, get him locked into the placebo effect and then push him into the heart attack with the video - they wanted him dead and Se-Rin to see it ... all 3 are murderers.

Papa Ju on the other hand did not have intent to murder - He was a selfish greedy RickRoll'D when he kicked the Mall vendors out but he didn't do it with the hopes of them dying.  That's the difference. 

edit: RickRoll'D ....Really???

Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

Edited by LeftCoastOppa
the B word is RickRoll'D???
  • Like 3
  • Blob 2

How EJ responsible it’s fact in early episodes he get addicted to a vitamins  after EJ’s dad death even in one episode fiery pant comments on ( how it’s was silly of him to get addicted to health supplements like that )  if anyone responsible is his daughter for causing EJ’s dad death and result in her dad addiction :D

If it goes to court , any good lawyer can get her free , he was dangerous to her safety :mrgreen:

696A97C8-1044-42FA-AC33-A3AE18B3028F.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

25 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Papa Ju on the other hand did not have intent to murder - He was a selfish greedy RickRoll'D when he kicked the Mall vendors out but he didn't do it with the hopes of them dying.  That's the difference. 

am surprised that for once, we are both thinking on the same! :sweatingbullets: hahahah.... but yea, back to this mess, I do feel uneasy with this arc -- papa Ju is a scum but he is guilty of economic crimes. there is a reason that economic crimes don't carry the same weight or sentence such as murder (whether intended or accident). now, if these economic crimes result in death such as in ponzi schemes, people don't get prosecuted for them. it is seen as more unfortunate than something intended or planned like murder.

in some ways, eun joo had already succeeded in her revenge with papa ju -- he had become homeless, had lost all his money and was a hypochondriac. it didn't seem like this step was necessary by eun joo except that she wanted serin to feel the same pain as her. so it felt a tad sadistic in that sense. I don't know. it is quite dark for a revenge drama to be honest... 

46 minutes ago, maribella said:

I felt ticked off when New mum got dementia, I was thinking no cancer just earlier.

Just curious, why do the actors clutch the back of their heads  when in a shock?

dementia is now like the standard disease of dramaland instead of cancer. those were the years when I discovered how many types of cancer there are due to kdramas. :sweatingbullets:

apparently clutching your neck or back of the head is universal for shock and surprise. doctors think it is because of the artery in the neck and so one is trying to relieve the sudden pressure. also it seems to happen with stroke? I don't know -- see this so often right before characters get stroke that I assume that this is some sort of physical symptom of pre-stroke. I may be wrong though.. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

into the heart attack with the video - they wanted him dead and Se-Rin to see it ... all 3 are murderers.

No I don't see EJ and DG as murderers. They are victims who would not get justice from the crooked Kdrama legal system. They both suffered because of the Jus' greed, their families suffered. SJ and EG were thrown out into the streets. 

New mum did not hurt Mr Na in any way. He is a criminal. He is the perpetrator. No way can the hoodlum approximate decent people.

@Lmangla  Papa Ju had always been impoverished and penniless. He is back where he should have always been.

He and daughter had been using the Koh's wealth for 5 years while the rightful owners had suffered. SJ had been subjected to sexual harassment. He should hang for this.

His daughter had been abusing GJ.

He hurt and humiliated not just the Koh family but numerous tenants of the mall. You don't have to pull the trigger to kill someone, take the food from their mouth and pull the rug under them, that can trigger suicides.

He is a blood sucker but the writer made him and Mr Na a bit better than idiots, so they seem harmless.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1