[Drama 2023] Island ✡ 아일랜드

Maetawinz

Now, Im waiting for their scenes...  :D

Flnu3IlaAAAh7M7?format=jpg&name=360x360

I assume he already knows that Miho is the girl from the past.

Van recognized her when he opened the door of that truck...I love the scene..

That longing on his face was obvious.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

And Cha Eun Woo is doing a great job, he has grown so much in his acting.

Yes his acting is improving. Although I think, here, ChaEunWoo is too pretty and too young to be a Priest ... LOL.

Any female demon will surrender for him.

Can't wait for episode where Van, the priest and MinWoo live under the same roof. Van can be the bodyguard for the night and the Priest can work during the day. Amen.

@nrllee, :lol:Agree, we will find it out for sure with the flow. It's only 12 episodes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Yes his acting is improving. Although I think, here, ChaEunWoo is too pretty and too young to be a Priest ... LOL.

Any female demon will surrender for him.

Can't wait for episode where Van, the priest and MinWoo live under the same roof. Van can be the bodyguard for the night and the Priest can work during the day. Amen.

@nrllee, Agree, we will find it out for sure with the flow. It's only 12 episodes.

Yeah I do agree about the age lol. but I believe he will pull it off lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cha Eun Woo And Lee Da Hee Cross Paths As Kim Nam Gil Faces Off With Sung Joon In “Island”

Cha Eun Woo And Lee Da Hee Cross Paths As Kim Nam Gil Faces Off With Sung Joon In “Island”

Get ready for more than one fateful encounter on the next episodes of TVING’s “Island”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a new fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island—and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world.

Kim Nam Gil plays the role of Pan, an immortal monster hunter who has been protecting the world from evil demons for thousands of years. Lee Da Hee stars as Mi Ho, a chaebol heiress who possesses a powerful strength of which she is unaware, while ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo stars as a young exorcist priest known as John.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third and fourth episodes, Mi Ho runs into trouble starting from her very first day of work. Holding a cup of coffee in hand, Mi Ho wears a shocked expression as she stares at someone in the counseling room, raising the question of what difficulties lie in store for her at school.

Lee-Da-Hee.jpg

However, just when Mi Ho falls into danger, she is fortunate enough to have someone by her side: John, who has come to Jeju Island to protect the savior.

When student Yum Ji (Heo Jung Hee) jumps into the road on Mi Ho’s way to work, the startled Mi Ho gets out of her car to check on her—and with her is none other than John.

Cha-Eun-Woo-Lee-Da-Hee.jpg

Spoiler

Heo-Jung-Hee-Cha-Eun-Woo.jpg

Meanwhile, Pan shares a tense reunion with someone from his past. Other photos from the upcoming episodes capture a heated face-off between Pan and Goong Tan (Sung Joon), who grew up together. Pan has a pained, intense look in his eyes that hints at his conflicted feelings and complex history with Goong Tan, who smirks back at him with an unreadable expression.

Spoiler

Kim-Nam-Gil.jpgSung-Joon.jpg

The producers of “Island” teased, “In Episodes 3 and 4, Ban, Mi Ho, and John, all of whom have their own stories, will move into together and live dangerously under one roof. In particular, the arrival of Sung Joon, whose character has been shrouded in mystery up until now, will add new suspense to the story.”

The third and fourth episodes of “Island” air on January 6 at 12 p.m. KST.

Cha Eun Woo And Lee Da Hee Cross Paths As Kim Nam Gil Faces Off With Sung Joon In “Island” | Soompi

• Like 2

Its so funny the way MinHo calling Van, it sounds like "Baaaaaaaannnn!!" to me (with her high notch voice) :lol:.

Kim Nam Gil actually can borrow Cha Eun Woo outfit and switch character into Priest Kim Hae II (The Fiery Priest) in no time, well yeah KNG cannot be a priest forever LOL.

So when Van switched into a demon character, during the Benjulle monster fighting scene, seems like Van is trying to kill the Benjulle right? not MinHo??? :unsure: (he was right behind her). I hope when he is a demon Van still can protect his Boss LOL.

I'm dying to see Van smiling.

• Blob 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:18 AM, PororoQueen said:

So when Van switched into a demon character, during the Benjulle monster fighting scene, seems like Van is trying to kill the Benjulle right? not MinHo??? :unsure: (he was right behind her). I hope when he is a demon Van still can protect his Boss LOL.

When I watched it, I thought He was trying to attack the Benjulle but now after I read your post It could be 2 possibilities. Maybe We can get the answer after watching the beginning of next ep since He switched to Demon again. 

Anyway.. I want to praise the CGI here and Kim Nam Gil's acting. Everything looks cool. When KNG is on fighting mode, his movements really looks like an anime character. 

Lee Da Hee also matches with her character. My only complaint is She always has thick make up on her recent dramas esp the eyebrows. I prefer her make up style on "secret" Drama. 

For Cha Eun Woo....nothing to complain. Perfect! It's nice to see him not in a flower boy role. I hope He will take more various characters like this in the future. 

• Like 1

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

Choi Tae Joon To Make Special Appearance In “Island”

Choi Tae Joon To Make Special Appearance In “Island”

Choi Tae Joon will be appearing in TVING’s “Island”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a new fantasy action drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island-and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world. The drama stars Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, and ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo.

Choi Tae Joon will be taking on the role of Chan Hee, who hides a mysterious past. This role will notably be his first since welcoming a baby boy with his wife Park Shin Hye last May.

Throughout his career, Choi Tae Joon has showcased his acting spectrum in a variety of genres and impressively highlighted his character’s unique identity each time. Last year, Choi Tae Joon made a surprise appearance in tvN’s hit drama “Twenty Five, Twenty One” through which he left a lasting impression as Ho Jin, the ex-boyfriend of Na Hee Do (Kim Tae Ri).

Stay tuned to see Choi Tae Joon’s acting transformation in “Island” and learn how his role plays into the plot!

Choi Tae Joon’s first appearance in “Island” will air this week on January 13 at 12 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562540wpp/choi-tae-joon-to-make-special-appearance-in-island

• Like 3

Just watched ep.05 and I'm loving it. Maybe this type of fantasy series is exactly my style, since I'm enjoying it so much.

So far my favorite thing is the siblings dynamics between Mi Ho and Johan. They are adorable together, I like how they take care of each other. :please:

Also, the relationship between Van and Mi Ho is interesting. I'd love to see them ending up together...would it be possible?

Anyway, I'll just enjoy the gang running around the island and hunting demons. Although some things happening are quite scary. Just hope Mi Ho and her boys can take down all the villains :hwaiting:

• Like 1

I know I shouldn’t be laughing but in Ep6 when MiHo came out of the shower and saw the busted sink and hole in her wall, I couldn’t help myself.  :lol::lol::lol: She’s like, “what the?”  And the stag on the hill as an injured Van gazed up?  Harry Potter much?  I wanted to yell Expecto Patronum!  CEW has improved so much in his acting.  Maybe he needs to just stay away from romcoms and forget playing romantic leads.  He seems so much freer in his expressions as Johan the priest and therefore is just hitting the right notes here.  Choi TaeJoon’s cameo as the Johan’s brother was short but impactful.  Now that we’re at the end of S1, for some reason I don’t mind the wait.  It’s not one of those dramas that you are “lusting” (pun) or “dying” (pun) to know the end. :lol:  You can almost pick up from where you left off and just run with it.

• Like 2

I came here after watching the first two episodes to check it there was only 6 episodes lol. I am on ep 3 now and it doesn’t seem like it can tie up everything in 3 more episodes. Glad to hear that there is a season 2.

I know it is based on a comic and it shows especially when Van ‘enters’ the scene to save the day lol. I just laugh. Aside from this bit, thank goodness for great CGI and excellent lead cast. I like them all in their roles. I also like OTP’s chemistry and NG and DH both are gorgeous (but agree that in some scenes, too much makeup!) 

Edited by Yinye

Wait...they just left Johan even though he was injured...  :confused:

I wonder if he is a human...  :unsure:

The girl and Tan are a team...Its a little strange that the Granny didnt sense it...

I didnt expect Tan to be so evil...and powerful...

Yohan and his brother...so sad...that tear on Yohan's face....

FmWey_KWYAIWsw2?format=jpg&name=360x360