[Drama 2023] Island ✡ 아일랜드

Maetawinz

Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, Cha Eun Woo, And Sung Joon Show Perfect Synchronization With Their “Island” Webtoon Characters

Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, Cha Eun Woo, And Sung Joon Show Perfect Synchronization With Their “Island” Webtoon Characters

“Island” has unveiled eye-catching new character posters!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, TVING’s “Island” is a fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island – and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world.

On December 28, “Island” released new character posters drawn by Yang Kyung Il, the artist behind the original webtoon. Each poster captures the drama actor contrasted with their original webtoon characters, highlighting the high level of synchronization.

Kim Nam Gil will star as Pan, an immortal monster hunter who has been protecting the world from evil demons for thousands of years. However, his identity tragically makes it impossible for him to get along with humans. Kim Nam Gil appears firm as he flashes a cold and confident look.

Kim-Nam-Gil-1.jpeg

Lee Da Hee will portray Won Mi Ho, a teacher and chaebol heiress who possesses a powerful strength of which she is unaware. In addition to capturing Won Mi Ho’s aloof, modern, and eye-catching charms, Lee Da Hee also flaunts the same under-eye mole as the webtoon character.

Lee-Da-Hee-4.jpeg

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will play a young exorcist priest known as John and Sung Joon portrays the mysterious Goong Tan, who has been “discarded by the world.”

Spoiler

Cha-Eun-Woo.jpegSung-Joon.jpeg

The production team commented, “The recently released synchro posters were personally drawn by original webtoon artist Yang Kyung Il for ‘Island.’ The posters that were newly created with references to the characters’ characteristics and the actors’ synchronization flaunt the perfect image of them coming to life. We ask for lots of interest in the passionate acting of our actors, who have each brought their characters to life through meticulous character analyses.”

TVING’s “Island” premieres on December 30.

Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, Cha Eun Woo, And Sung Joon Show Perfect Synchronization With Their “Island” Webtoon Characters | Soompi

• Like 2

Cha Eun Woo, Lee Da Hee, And Kim Nam Gil Face An Epic Battle In New Fantasy Drama “Island”

Cha Eun Woo, Lee Da Hee, And Kim Nam Gil Face An Epic Battle In New Fantasy Drama “Island”

TVING’s upcoming drama “Island” has unveiled a new sneak peek of its three leads!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island—and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world.

Kim Nam Gil will be playing the role of Pan, an immortal monster hunter who has been protecting the world from evil demons for thousands of years. Lee Da Hee will star as Mi Ho, a chaebol heiress and teacher who possesses a powerful strength of which she is unaware, while ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will star as a young exorcist priest known as John.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Pan—who is described as “half human, half monster”—gazes sadly at Won Mi Ho, piquing curiosity as to how the two wound up entangled in one another’s lives. Another photo captures a more intimidating side of the character, whose face is blood-spattered from a deadly fight.

Kim-Nam-Gil-4.jpegKim-Nam-Gil-2-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, Won Mi Ho finds herself being chased by demons as soon as she arrives in Jeju. One photo shows the terrified teacher hiding behind a wall, covering her own mouth in an attempt to stay silent.

Spoiler

Lee-Da-Hee-5.jpeg

Finally, John wears a grave expression while examining a prophecy shown to him by an abbot. After encountering the secret hidden in the prophecy, he appears to have made up his mind to do something—and his quest is likely to lead him straight to Pan and Won Mi Ho.

Spoiler

Cha-Eun-Woo-1.jpeg

The producers of “Island” teased, “From Episodes 1 and 2, Kim

Nam Gil, who will be playing a half-human, half-monster; Lee Da Hee, who will stand at the center of destiny as chaebol heiress Won Mi Ho; and Cha Eun Woo, who will transform into the youngest exorcist priest; will find their fates entangled with one another, and the story will begin on a grand scale.”

“On top of the mysterious but beautiful Jeju landscape, the three main characters will embark on a dangerous whirlwind of a journey to face off against the evil that attacks the island,” they continued. “There will be suspense and fun elements that are different from the original webtoon, so please show lots of interest and anticipation.”

“Island” will premiere on December 30 at 12 p.m. KST.

Cha Eun Woo, Lee Da Hee, And Kim Nam Gil Face An Epic Battle In New Fantasy Drama “Island” | Soompi

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:42 AM, Maui808 said:

Okay how many episodes in this K-Drama? I see 6 episodes and I also see 12 episodes. Is this a S1 and S2 K-Drama?

It will have 2 parts like glory or money heist. P2 will have next 6 eps which might release sometime later.

On topic, nothing new, felt like usual zombie drama of ocn. Cgi were very bad infact horrendous in the scene in ep1 when namgil runs to save fl from bride monster, entire sequence was an embarassment. Very poor writing.

• Like 1

I’m in for a non-cerebral old fashioned good Vs evil drama to see me through the new year.  And this fits the bill.  The leads are eye candy.  KNG is at his broody best.  CEW is beautiful as a rather cocky young priest “Giovanni” (John).  LDH knows how to look after herself except where demons are concerned.  Jeju is an island full of demons running rampant with unsuspecting island folk who disappear (and no one seems to care that they do).  Plot seems a little on the thin side but I will give it a few more eps to decide if I will watch to the end.

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2022-2023] Island ✡ 아일랜드- Kim Nam Gil / Lee Da Hee / Cha Eun Woo / Sung Joon
23 minutes ago, ferily said:

Do we know when the second part will come out?

Honestly, I don't know as it hasn't been announced. Weird they started out with 12 episode announcement and after a long time when they released they did this. Maybe it's intentional that kdrama producers want to create a new netflix like format, the beauty of k shows was a complete season airing..what can be said now.

On 12/31/2022 at 2:12 PM, Shimmery-summer said:

will have 2 parts like glory or money heist. P2 will have next 6 eps which might release sometime later.

Seems to be a trend with dramas now.  Not sure why they want this format.  It’s frustrating for the viewer.  I guess they don’t really get much say because if they signed with the streaming company, the company gets to decide how to cut and dice it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Seems to be a trend with dramas now.  Not sure why they want this format.  It’s frustrating for the viewer.  I guess they don’t really get much say because if they signed with the streaming company, the company gets to decide how to cut and dice it.  

I hate that they are doing this with Korean dramas. Like the whole charm of Korean dramas are that they finish the whole plot in 12-24 (or 50 sometimes) episodes and there is NO PART 2 OR SEASON 2’s. Can someone reach out to these broadcasting companies and tell them what the viewers want :kicks:

• Like 4

Personally, I think dramas are now split into 2 seasons because the streaming company knows that they will capture the same viewers who watched season 1.  In a way, it makes sense for a streaming company like Netflix.  Instead of watching something on Hulu, Disney or any other streaming company, you'd watch season 2 of whatever program on Netflix.  However, I don't see  the benefit for a smaller companies such as Amazon Prime or Apple TV to split a show.  It could also backfire because viewers may forget to watch season 2.  

So, I watched the 1st episode.  I'm not sure what to think.  I know it is billed as a fantasy, but I wasn't expecting what I watched in ep 1.  Maybe I'll further insight after watching the 2nd episode.

• Like 2

Vampire style!! How old is this Demon slayer Van?

I'm laughing at the way Van destroyed the demon, He cut the demon into pieces :lol:, too many slashes, I wonder why an old Van can't make it in one go (One stab to the heart  - LOL), well I guess we need to see his flying actions.

Episode 1 where WoMinHo inside the truck, when Van was fighting with the bride demon, was Epic :kiss_wink:, firework from the roof of the truck coming upon WMH and none of her hair got burnt.

Poor secretary Kang.

GoongTan (child) and Van(child) are very similar in appearance, hair and height wise. So I am not sure who was the one that stabbed WonJeong??? was it GoongTan?? :confused:. Although it looks like Van did it (from the last part ep. 2 narrative).

• Like 2

I was looking forward to this since last year, but very disappointed that it's only season 1. The problem with splitting it into seasons is that the next season might never happen so you'll be stuck with a half filmed story. Shall not waste my time on this. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

GoongTan (child) and Van(child) are very similar in appearance, hair and height wise. So I am not sure who was the one that stabbed WonJeong??? was it GoongTan?? :confused:. Although it looks like Van did it

:lol: I was mixed up too.  The 2 boys who were given demon blood looked so alike I couldn’t tell them apart.  I didn’t bother to rewind to check.  Will just let the story take me wherever.

• Like 1