[Drama 2021] Person Who Looks Like You/Reflection of You, 너를 닮은 사람

larus

I can't believe after 14 episodes some viewers still can't fully grasped Haewon's intention and caused of madness. She already said it blatantly in recent episode, the drama has told us explicitly. Haewon isn't obsessed for Woojae and Huijoo as a person, especially viewers who said Haewon is obsessed for a man who never loved her.

She's obsessed by the pain those two, people who she used to love and admire, give her. She's obsessed because even after they fooled her, none of them acknowledge the pain they give her, even after they fooled her none of them sincerely apologize and have regret towards her.

She's still hung up by Woojae's promises over the phone to come back, explain, and apologize to her. There's also a speculation she got a miscarriage (seems true based on the preview). So, she hold down those two people.

I'm not justifying Haewon's problematic behaviors, she has her share too. But why do I have to compromise more to people who did something terrible because they have a chance to do so (Huijoo-Woojae) rather than people who have terrible behavior because someone else caused them?

Well, technically if Haewon moves on even though Huijoo is still being a shameless brat nor Woojae ever explains it to her, we won't even have a pilot episode lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

maybe the people who cannot understand hae won are the people wont do the same thing as she does. personally, I would just move on and avoid the people who have hurt me. I care not about their apologies or whether they will be happy or sad (though yeah, I might secretly rejoice if I hear they are miserable). but to personally dedicate my limited time on earth for their ruin is not my cup of tea.

there are of course people who are motivated by revenge, but I would understand that in the context for example if a family member was maltreated or killed. but with hae won's case, she was cheated on and her resolution is to slap a teenage girl and ruin a family.

but then again, I have seen people who are just rubbed the wrong way (e.g. not properly greeted) and they've made it their social mission to alienate the offender, so pettier people definitely exist and are in multitudes

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, aria26 said:

but with hae won's case, she was cheated on and her resolution is to slap a teenage girl and ruin a family.

but then again, I have seen people who are just rubbed the wrong way (e.g. not properly greeted) and they've made it their social mission to alienate the offender, so pettier people definitely exist and are in multitudes

IKR! It is called the ego motivated by lower realms of emotions. It cannot see that by basing its life on the actions of others, it is letting the other have control over its life.. Caring so much about an apology from people who have no intention to do so, is giving those people power over you. What part of that is hard to understand? Prison time awaits ..... TIP TUESDAY: Snap Out Of It! — Susan G. Reid

• Like 1

in ep 12, hui ju acknowledges her mistakes to her husband (I love that scene, the actress is so good), in ep 14 she tells her brother that even if she keeps on apologizing to hae won, hae won will just continue her pity party. I think that if hae won came to hui ju not in a revenge mode, hui ju would have sincerely apologized. she felt sorry to her husband because she learned that she suffered through the years of her infidelity.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@aria26, I also believe Hee Joo at that moment when her husband confronted her. I still don't get why she cheated. What happened in Ireland that she left? 

As a character, I don't feel anything for Haewon. I am more annoyed at her actions than anything. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aria26 said:

in ep 12, hui ju acknowledges her mistakes to her husband (I love that scene, the actress is so good), in ep 14 she tells her brother that even if she keeps on apologizing to hae won, hae won will just continue her pity party. I think that if hae won came to hui ju not in a revenge mode, hui ju would have sincerely apologized. she felt sorry to her husband because she learned that she suffered through the years of her infidelity.

Nah she's only sorry because she got caught (or because her husband finally brought it up). Heejoo only "respects" those above her meanwhile looks down people who she thinks below her, like Haewon and Juyeong. Haewon doesn't need to come to her first in anything mode if she's sincerely regret her wrongdoings, instead she comes to Haewon first. Look how she always talks highly about herself shamelessly and keeps lying when Haewon finally brought the issue, unlike when her husband who did it. And "even if she keeps apologizing"?, she doesn't even try her best, because she never shows sincere remorse. Don't make Heejoo looks like a good person when she's just a shameless brat.

• Like 4

I'm enjoying the contrast they make to Heejoo and Haewon's surroundings. Heejoo got two delusional men obsessed over her, her issue with her daughter, the MIL and the family. Heejoo has her bff but she's an enabler, unlike Sangho ahjussi who keeps telling Haewon to stop anything bad she's doing in a comfortable way in spite of her stubborness. Even Seonwoo seems to care Haewon more than his sister lol. And not to mention her mother and late grandpa. Their interaction with Hosu tho, Hosu draws the bottle and can say good things after Haewon taught him. Their surroundings and relationship with others is like showing Heejoo and Haewon true upbringing.

The scene where Lisa being jealous when she sees Juyeong instagram's photo, while she has an account for her self-harm photos, is one of the prove. Heejoo and Hyunseong might get Lisa's problem done but never really comforting Lisa for her own good. They're just scolding people. We may keep saying Haewon using Juyeong but Juyeong herself said she's relieved she can finally release from his father and gets a family, unlike Lisa who only got an illusion of happy family.

Anyway, I'm not really fond of people die as a punishment, it's just like an easy way out. But I let it slide if it's Woojae. Even if he keeps alive he already got no sense and purpose anymore. He won't feel any regret. His aims is only Heejoo even if Heejoo hurts him or put him in jail, he won't feel anything other than be more insane than he already is. Moreover his character is the most lack of depth among the other main characters.

Haewon can also die due to her sickness.

(This is a spoiler from the novel)

Spoiler

Both Woojae and Haewon die in the novel. Woojae never makes it to Korea, he dies in Ireland, meanwhile Heejoo kills Haewon.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1

I should not be but I am happy to see your spoiler :)

for a while I thought I did not really like this drama but I keep on thinking about it so maybe I do

my current thought is that hui joo had sinned most, not to hae won, but to her husband and children. even if she did not say it outwardly, she has somewhat paid for her sins through the years when she left the person she was in love with and kept her family intact. and her husband has forgiven her.

i also really like what the husband said, that love is never equal, one will always love the other more. it is good that he recognized that and he is willing to be the one who loves more. I think it would be burdensome to be loved more. like woo jae being obsessed now with hui joo is scary. it is better to love more and control yourself rather than be stalked.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

So I guess, I was right......looks like Haewon has decided to walk away....God, that is a relief.

I’m happy that she’s walking away. It is ironic because now she’s giving up, WJ and HJ are crumbling on their own.  I can’t figure out who is cleaning the blood off the ground. The person had white shirt and dark jacket. The last scene no one was wearing that combo. I feel sorry for Lisa. She admitted that she knew about HJ and WJ ever since she was little. That’s got to be traumatic.  And HJ is now understanding how much pain she’s caused her daughter. 

thank goodness tomorrow is the last episode. 

• Like 2

Haewon owns this episode. Finally she realizes that Woo Jae and Hui Jiu are not worth destroying her life for. I guess she had to go through all that suffering to learn that important lesson. There are always consequences to one's thoughts and actions. She signed and filed the divorce papers.

Isn't Hui Jiu's studio inside the compound and isn't the house gated? How did Woo Jae get into the studio?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

Isn't Hui Jiu's studio inside the compound and isn't the house gated? How did Woo Jae get into the studio?

HJ brings WJ inside her studio. We see it when Lisa sees them outside together in front of the house. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1