[Drama 2021] Person Who Looks Like You/Reflection of You, 너를 닮은 사람

larus

Don’t know how to feel about the ending. HW’s success and happiness in the end is built upon other’s misery. In a way, isn’t that how she felt about HJ’s success and happiness were built upon her misery? Maybe that’s why it’s titled Reflection of You. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

That was such a RickRoll'D? ending. Ugh! too many things unanswered. Also her leaving her family again like that when Lisa needed her most. Hannah didn't ask her do that she volunteered. I feel the true suffering would have been for her to stay tell her husband the truth and rebuild a decent life while living with the guilt. Look how her brother took all that punishment and never ran away. His was undeserved and he still gave the woman an avenue to torture him in the States. I would have liked to see Hannah at the airport to actually smile and say goodbye. A few years later and nothing about the brother? Hannah being stabbed by that neglectful drunken dad? Is she alive or dead? I loved Hannah/actress. Wonderful work.

I would have liked a meaningful scene of Hannah glowing and enjoying her success. Her mom, the bartender...they should have had a reunion.

• Like 1

I wanted a happy ending for the family but this feels like a good ending to me, even if everyone is still miserable haha. I have developed a bias for hui joo and her husband. Their pain is currently still so great that being apart would be the best deal. I'll imagine that down the road, they could get back together again. I'm so sad for the kids though. This is like the prequel of dramas where the main character was abandoned by their mom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wze2702 said:

Don’t know how to feel about the ending. HW’s success and happiness in the end is built upon other’s misery. In a way, isn’t that how she felt about HJ’s success and happiness were built upon her misery? Maybe that’s why it’s titled Reflection of You

Hui Ju, her priority was her daughter's life and she preserved Lisa till her bitter end. I mean Haewon didn't win by any ethical means but by using Lisa....It started with her assaulting Lisa and ended with Hui Ju walking away to save Lisa. I don't feel good about this part at all. As long as Hyeon Sung, Lisa, Hoe Su are safe....even from a distance that is a reason for Hui Ju is go on....yes, she lost her family, career and is in hiding but she still preserves her children in doing so. It glorifies Hui Ju and what if Hui Ju starts over again. Haewon has moved on, her family has so what is stopping her, nothing. The last scene, unless she committs suicide could also mark her new beginning. Its an open ending. So only injustice in this show was done towards children. Is the Hannah Hui Ju sees, Gu Haewon? So she survived being stabbed? And I assume that reset her life. I guess Hui Ju means her story in this mess, her part in this Saga has ended. Haewon will have her own story free from it, her children will too and so is it hell for her? No, its not yet. So I'd say Hui Ju is truly free now.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am confused, did Haewon survive or not? I completely don't get what happened in the cross walk?

HW got stabbed by the drunk dad but she survived. When she gets stabbed her internal monologue she talks about how she wants to just start over. Later HJ sees that HW has her first solo art exhibition as Hannah. The last part HJ is at the place where she dumped WJ body and I think her last monologue says “It’s not hell yet”

HJ husband indicates the reason for HJ isn’t important but that his anger and anguish is more that HJ left without a single word. That was what made HW go nuts when WJ left. 

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021] Person Who Looks Like You/Reflection of You, 너를 닮은 사람
17 minutes ago, sunnywoo said:

HW got stabbed by the drunk dad but she survived. When she gets stabbed her internal monologue she talks about how she wants to just start over. Later HJ sees that HW has her first solo art exhibition as Hannah. The last part HJ is at the place where she dumped WJ body and I think her last monologue says “It’s not hell yet”

HJ husband indicates the reason for HJ isn’t important but that his anger and anguish is more that HJ left without a single word. That was what made HW go nuts when WJ left. 

The reason is closure except Hyeon Sung learnt to move on though....Do you think Hui Ju committs suicide or starts over? I saw the church bells as her conscience saying you are absolved of your sins so do you think she would have moved on or do you think she would choose to end her life?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, leftphalange said:

She did survive. She starts her own life again but it doesn't come from her revenge and whatnot, that's why they don't show it.

I wonder if it was a happy life or did the revenge alter her too much. Guess, we'll never know.

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I wonder if it was a happy life or did the revenge alter her too much. Guess, we'll never know.

For the revenge part obviously she was not happy, she had a breakdown, got stabbed too. But if she then has a strength to start over and build her life means she leads a new life. 

I guess the ending is getting lukewarm response but I just rewatched the ending again and I really like how sad and hopeless the situation HJ is in, and that quote about it still not being hell for her is brilliant. I usually cry at dramas, but I cannot even cry in this one. I just flowed along with this drama because there was nothing else to watch and I spent much of it being annoyed by everyone, but that ending just made me love this. I actually do not know how HW can start over. For me, her situation years after were left vague because she might be successful in her art but she would still be carrying that guilt of indirectly having a hand in the ruin of other people's lives. It is just not worth it.

• Like 2

JTBC’s “Reflection of You” ended on a rise in viewership!

On December 2, Go Hyun Jung and Shin Hyun Bin‘s drama “Reflection of You” enjoyed a boost in its ratings for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the episode scored an average nationwide rating of 3.2 percent, marking the first time since the drama’s premiere that it managed to break past 3 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/reflection-of-you-ends-as-school-2021-records-lowest-in-rating/#ixzz7Dx7PTW2z

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

The reason is closure except Hyeon Sung learnt to move on though....Do you think Hui Ju committs suicide or starts over? I saw the church bells as her conscience saying you are absolved of your sins so do you think she would have moved on or do you think she would choose to end her life?

No clue. The bell thing was something WJ told her about the Sligo lake.  How those with pure souls/hearts can hear the bell ringing from the lake or something. 
but the lake she went to is the one where WJ body was thrown. And it appears the waters are receding. I wonder if the suitcase his body is in will come up after the waters recede more. 
the ending was okay. No one really got a conventional “happy ending”.  

On 12/2/2021 at 10:25 PM, aria26 said:

I guess the ending is getting lukewarm response but I just rewatched the ending again and I really like how sad and hopeless the situation HJ is in, and that quote about it still not being hell for her is brilliant. I usually cry at dramas, but I cannot even cry in this one. I just flowed along with this drama because there was nothing else to watch and I spent much of it being annoyed by everyone, but that ending just made me love this. I actually do not know how HW can start over. For me, her situation years after were left vague because she might be successful in her art but she would still be carrying that guilt of indirectly having a hand in the ruin of other people's lives. It is just not worth it.

I loved the drama from the start. Very well done and written for me like an opera. Here, the ending shows Hui Ju goes back to the lake where the body of WJ, the man she once loved passionately was dumped and remembered the bells of Sligo. Church bells ring for many reasons, for celebration as in weddings, religious feasts such as Christmas, or to remind us to pause in prayer, to be grateful for life and the beauty that surrounds us, a time of renewal. It also rings for mourning. During the height of the Covid, in my town the church bells rang every noon for a few hours. Here though, Hui Joo, (my take) hears the bells of Lake Sligo in mourning for someone whom she once loved passionately, for forgiveness and renewal. Her asking "is it hell yet?" may have been a question for herself, (the hell she created), then she hears the bells of the Sligo Cathedral (poignant and stirring) and it starts her journey of renewal. The fact that it was WJ who told her of the story of the bells of Sligo Cathedral and her remembering it, is WJ reminding her that there is always room for forgiveness.   

Like you, I also got invested in the relationship of Hui Ju and Hyeon Seong. I would think that one day they will find their way to each other. 

The open-ended ending needs a Season 2 where Lisa and Ho Su takes up the story. Hae Won who was and is hung up on apology and forgiveness needs to apologize to both Lisa and Hosu but especially to Lisa. I could imagine Lisa becoming a successful dancer and she revives her mother’s art not in SK but in Europe specifically Ireland where her mother painted the heather covered hills and the house by the cliffs and in the west where people are invested in the art and not judge the life of the artist. The story of the artist whether weird, bad or good enhances the value of their art. Lisa’s journey starts when she digs for the truth of what happened to WJ the night her mother disappeared, find her mother and reconcile her family. Hae Won, forgiving the past and apologizing to Lisa.  

Season 2 please!!!

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 2:18 PM, Nymeria289 said:

I think Hui Ju moves on. She paid dearly, very dearly for having an affair and Hae Won seems to have been absolved as she starts over as an artist and good for her but life does not work that way. Actions always bear fruit to a cause which ripens to an effect. She got her apology at the cost of destroying a family, it will come back to roost. As for the church bells I agree that it was an absolution for Hui Ju

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Shin Hyun Been Talks About Her Career Path, What She Learned From “Reflection Of You,” And More

Dec 29, 2021
by J. Ahn

Shin Hyun Been recently participated in a pictorial for Elle!

Through the photo shoot, the actress showed off her sophisticated charms with warm lighting highlighting her glowing skin and eyes.

shin-hyun-been-1.jpeg

In the interview after the photo shoot, Shin Hyun Been talked about saying farewell to the drama “Reflection of You,” where she played the role of Goo Hae Won, a woman who grew up with a beautiful youth but is deeply hurt from her brief meeting with Jung Hee Joo (Go Hyun Jung).

The actress said, “This was the first time I participated in a pre-produced drama, so when we finished filming, it didn’t really feel like it ended. When I watched the final episode, I felt a wave of emotions wash over me. I also learned a lot about human relations and putting myself in someone else’s shoes. Thanks to ‘Reflection of You,’ I was able to understand people on a deeper level.”

Shin Hyun Been majored in fine arts, just like her character in “Reflection of You.” She switched over to acting later and was confident about her decision. “I never thought about quitting acting, and I always want to do better even when it gets tough. I continuously think about what’s going to come after as well.”

The actress also shared her excitement for her upcoming drama “Monstrous” (literal title), which is about the people who are lured in by a curse and tells the story of archaeologists who chase after monstrous cases that have never been heard of. As a village gets swept up in disaster with the discovery of a mysterious possessed statue of the Buddha, the confusion from the people who face the strange terror and the process of chasing after it will deliver great suspense to viewers.

Shin Hyun Been will be playing the genius pattern cryptanalyst Lee Soo Jin, who ends up having to face the terrible disaster. After losing her only daughter, Lee Soo Jin puts down everything to return to Jinyang county where she begins to experience inexplicable events. Shin Hyun Been will portray the complicated feelings of her characters as she chases after an unknown yet terrifying truth.

Shin Hyun Been commented on the upcoming drama, saying, “I was sure that this drama willd tell a refreshing story. You’ll be able to see a new side of Shin Hyun Been.”

Finally, the actress talked about how she takes care of her skin. “I think basic methods work the best. I drink lots of warm tea or water and apply moisturizing cream if my skin gets dry. I also try to stay away from caffeine even though I love coffee.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505934wpp/shin-hyun-been-talks-about-her-career-path-what-she-learned-from-reflection-of-you-and-more

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

2022 APAN Star Awards Announces Nominees

Aug 31, 2022
by L. Kim

The nominees for the 2022 APAN Star Awards have been revealed!

The event will be held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province on September 29. It has been confirmed that Yuri and Jung Il Woo will be the MCs of this year’s APAN Star Awards.

Check out this year’s nominees below!

Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries:

Kim Sejeong (SBS’s “A Business Proposal”)

Kim Ji Won (JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes”)

Shin Hyun Been (tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2, JTBC’s “Reflection of You”)

Yoo Sun (tvN’s “Eve”)

Lee Se Young (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1543034wpp/2022-apan-star-awards-announces-nominees

• Like 2