[Drama 2021] Person Who Looks Like You/Reflection of You, 너를 닮은 사람

larus

14 minutes ago, lila21 said:

Is there a favorite Unni poll? Why only oppas?

Chingu, this event was about facial hair on oppas as it's Movember. :kiss_wink: We did get a couple of pictures of women in beards though. :joy:

How are y'all liking this drama btw? I watched the first episode, but didn't continue as I wasn't really liking one of the FL's acting... :grimace:

• Like 1

@Nymeria289 i don't save the link to the book. I've tried to search it again, but it is harder to find now that the drama is airing (the search result is mostly related to the drama). Saw some twitter post that gave the link to the book but that is also before the drama aired and i don't follow the account so i can't find it either in twitter.

As i don't watch the drama i can only guess with my limited knowledge. But i want to dwelve more into Hae Won pov.

Timeline is important i guess. Hae won keeps blaming herself thinking she must have done something bad, or something bad must have happened to Woo Jae for him to disappear without a word. She can't go abroad to study and have no motivation in creating art when it is what reminds her of her pain. It will be great if she has people by her side that support her to go through it but maybe her world was only filled with Woo Jae that she didn't have anyone to hold on to. 

She keeps living her life. Then suddenly Woo Jae called her after 4 years saying that he's sorry and want to go to her to explain everything and apologize properly. Hae won asked "you want me to wait even more? If i wait will you come?" Then Woo Jae said i will. I think this is what turns Hae Won into the state she's in now. Giving her hope only to crumple it all over again. Though one may argue that she can choose to totally forget him when he broke his promise again. But you know sometimes to move on and start anew you need proper closure of what happens before. From my experience a breakup without proper closure is harder to cope and forget because you keep wondering what went wrong, is there still love in it, will we be fine if we put more effort, do you still think of me just like i do, etc. 

So this time Hae Won searched for him only to find the horrible truth that Woo Jae runaway with Hee Joo and have a child. Two people that are dearest to her backstab her and make her feel like she's a fool living years of her life blaming herself. One of the two is now in a hospital bed while the other is living in the peak of her life being famous, rich, and respectable. If she was soulless after Woo Jae left her, now she's in the state of rage. 

Hae Won's action can't be justified. Revenge is never the right method. And the best revenge is to live properly, happily, and successfully. But all of this only make sense to those in the right state of mind while Hae Won is still in her vulnerable state. 

I remember in age of youth, there are stages of breakup sadness, anger, depression, acknowledgement, acceptance.  Hae won goes through one of that stage. She's not free of her crime when she chooses to hurt others during one of the stages. And we have yet to see if she'll be able to go through the last stage just like the barkeeper and come out better.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, bee_wannabe said:

She's not free of her crime when she chooses to hurt others during one of the stages. And we have yet to see if she'll be able to go through the last stage just like the barkeeper and come out better.

She might go through the last stage in prison. Hae Won keeps talking about "the people who made me this way" and she is still in the stage of blame. The abusive brother in law knows that and uses or manipulates Hae Won's vulnerable stage and the crazed Lee Il song to his advantage. Hae Won did not earn any points, instead she is still giving Hui Ju the power to hurt her. This is getting good. Hyeong Seong and Hui Ju pretending that they don't know the other knows and they are one happy family does not help. Hyeon Seong is getting suspicious, Hui Ju is getting anxious not wanting to lose the life she has, and Woo Jae is still buzzed fuzzy, he can't remember but only follows his feelings, his attraction for Hui Ju. Hae Won wears this poor me face all the time. Seems the only one who is happy about the family troubles is the abusive, Hyeong Gi. The children are the ones to suffer most. 

• Like 1

the book and drama seem to be two different interpretations then

they should have made HJ act bitchier haha

in the drama, HJ is just trying to live her life.  it is true that HJ is not that remorseful to hae won, but hae won did not appear to her in a hurt form, after many years she came hurting HJ's child. if that were me, all my sorry feelings for her would immediately disappear because she hurt lisa, and then after, she started stalking and threatening my family. the threats would not soften anybody, instead, it would make the person defensive. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So they'll run a DNA test on Hoe Su next episode. I am honestly no longer interested in what happens to Hae Won. I want to see how Hui Ju's life was at that point when she started the affair again. And how everything unfolds. I just don't feel an ounce of sympathy for Hae Won anymore....which is weird. She is a catalyst but I can't relate to her. I actually rolled my eyes a great deal when she claims she has moral high ground over Hui Ju. Maybe you did at some point, now you truly have morphed into an obsessed, pathetic person with no end to depravity. I am glad Hui Ju will start facing some repercussions now but I don't think it'll destroy her.

• Like 4

"Melancholia" and "Reflection of You" Slightly Increased in Ratings But Stays at 2% Range

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Reflection of You” is slightly lower at 2.437% (Ep.11), a slight increase from 2.039% (Ep.10).

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/melancholia-and-reflection-of-you-slightly-increased-in-ratings-but-stays-at-2-range/#ixzz7CXMHyvCt

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, agenth said:

Come join us at My Corner of Soompi, where we review the past few weeks (of drama or life) with other Soompi chingus! What has been happening in your corner of the world? Share here: 

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

At the beginning of the film ( episode 1) HJ is throwing away a heavy package into the sea!!! Does she kill anyone? Hae wons body? 

what happens with HJ brother ( sin) , did he kills someone? The daughter of that strange lady? Why he doesn’t do anything? No reaction?? 

is HJ going back to wj? 

the son? Who is the father Woo Jae?

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2

“Reflection Of You” Ratings Rise + "Melancholia" Drops to 1%

JTBC’s “Reflection of You” enjoyed a modest rise in viewership last night!

On November 18, Go Hyun Jung and Shin Hyun Bin‘s drama “Reflection of You” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent, marking a slight increase from its previous episode the night before.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/reflection-of-you-ratings-rise-melancholia-drops-to-1/#ixzz7CdcISvuG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Hui Ju's husband obsessive as well and abusive

I don't think he is abusive, but he is suspicious and unsure of his wife's feelings or loyalty. Hui Ju is not doing anything to reassure him when he sees her pulling WJ into a door and finds that picture of the 3 of them baby Ho Su, WJ and his wife together. I think he has been waiting for HJ to confess and only did when he confronted her. It was only then that Hui Ju fessed up and all he asked was for HJ not to leave him ever again. I loved that scene.

Hae Won is still going around thinking that she can punish people playing mind games. No one cares and she is the only one who is hurting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lila21 said:

I don't think he is abusive, but he is suspicious and unsure of his wife's feelings or loyalty. Hui Ju is not doing anything to reassure him when he sees her pulling WJ into a door and finds that picture of the 3 of them baby Ho Su, WJ and his wife together. I think he has been waiting for HJ to confess and only did when he confronted her. It was only then that Hui Ju fessed up and all he asked was for HJ not to leave him ever again. I loved that scene.

Hae Won is still going around thinking that she can punish people playing mind games. No one cares and she is the only one who is hurting.

I don't know. He definitely is equivalent to the trash husband as per Hui Ju's sister-in-law. I am not justifying Hui Ju.....but it felt like we have some background info missing here and there. Abuse can be physical and psychological both. But I want to reiterate Hui Ju's actions aren't justifiable despite that. But Haewon truly is fighting a loosing fight. Neither guys want to harm or hurt Hui Ju yet.

• Like 1

Woo Jae tells Hae Won that he would return to Ireland to retrieve his memories so he can remember how he had hurt Hae Won and make it up to her. However, the memories instead triggered his forgotten passionate desire for Hui Ju during their hot illicit love affair in that cozy hut in Ireland by the imposing, rugged sea cliffs and heather covered hills.  It seems that he had wanted more from Hui Ju than she was prepared to give him. For her, it was a steamy love affair but not enough to give up her husband and family for. Woo Jae on the other hand expected more from Hui Ju than she was willing to give, yet Woo Jae did not leave his wife either. Did he have plans to leave Hae Won? Will his memories make him remorseful towards Hae Won and will he do his best to make it up to Hae Won as he promised, or will it re-ignite his driven longing for Hui Ju? Hae Won said that she had wanted to see the Moher Sea Cliffs with Woo Jae who is now in Ireland standing on the cliffs but who is he thinking of? His memories came back in spades, and it is all about his love affair with Hui Ju.

Hyeon Seong on the other hand is doing his best to keep his wife but having dinner with amnesiac Woo Jae and his bitter revenge driven wife was totally weird. What was Hyeon Seong trying to accomplish or was he testing Woo Jae’s memories and showing him that Hui Ju is his?  

Hui Ju’s mother-in-law is a bitter woman who took all the joy out of her marriage and wrung the life out of her husband, and she wonders why her husband never forgot his first love. Just like Hae Won, wasn’t she the one who kept reminding her husband of his first love? Her bitterness destroyed her chance of having a loving marriage. I can foresee Hae Won ending up like her, staying in a loveless and bitter marriage driving Woo Jae to an early death, if he stays married to her.

Mother-in-law now extends that bitterness to destroying her son’s marriage by destroying Hui Ju’s reputation whom she never approved of because Hui Ju is from a poor family. She wants to find a reason for Hyeon Seong to divorce Hui Ju, throw her out with no compensation and no rights with the help of the abusive son in law who is happy to do whatever will destroy Hyeon Seong. Hui Ju will survive just like her friend, been there, done that. It is the children who will suffer the most.  

Will Hae Won be happy if Hui Ju’s cozy life as she sees it, is destroyed and Hui Ju shunned and gossiped about, Hui Ju’s family and children unhappy? But Hae Won forgot that gossipers will also see her as the bitter and crazy wife who destroyed a marriage because her husband fell in love with another woman? Will she be happy seeing Woo Jae also destroyed mentally and emotionally? Revenge is two pronged and is most bitter for the one doing revenge in the long run.  

Hui Ju may have chosen her husband and family, yet Ireland and the memories it holds are embedded in her thoughts. She spends hours in her studio working and some of her most admired paintings are those of scenes from Ireland, but it is also where she can privately recall memories she wants to forget and suffer silently the choice she made, give up on a passionate love in exchange for a stable life with her husband and children. If only Hae Won realizes that Hui Ju’s choice has made Hui Ju lonely and alone. Her mother-in-law is jealous of her and dislikes her success as an artist immensely, her husband is insecure and he monitors her, none of her husband’s family support her.

If Hae Won thinks that destroying Hui Ju’s present life, her reputation and therefore thrown out of her husband’s family in tatters will destroy Hui Jui it will be the other way around. It will free Hui Ju to make another choice... Ireland and the Moher Cliffs

However, would Hyeon Seong give Hui Ju that choice??

I can't wait for the next episodes.... when Ho Su's DNA results are known

in the preview, loving husband turned into a possessive prideful man who will never let Hui Ju go as Woo Jae the lover is determined to take back the woman he loved and lost and his son...

Is this the revenge Hae Won wanted, her "husband" fighting over another woman whom he is passionately in love with and had a son with??? now this is drama

• Like 4

What I find funny here is Haewon based the entirety of her revenge around an amnesiac guy who doesn't give RickRoll'D about her. Now when Woo Jae goes back to being a careless jerk who doesn't give rats RickRoll'D about her broken heart, what is she gonna do? Hui Ju's husband wants his family in tact, Hoe Su could turn out to be his son...Woo Jae might throw tantrum for a bit but will probably back off if Hoe Su turns out to be not his son or even move on....so where does that leave Haewon? The common enemy all of them will have to achieving their happiness would be Hae Won. She has little money, zero connections so this is just plain stupid now.

• Like 2