[Drama 2021] Person Who Looks Like You/Reflection of You, 너를 닮은 사람

larus

Interesting discussion. If i were to compare HJ-HW with the capitalism/toxic superiority which is hot topic in recent hit shows like parasite, squid game, even D.P. HJ will be presentation of the bourgeoisie and HW the proletariat. Will you tell the proletariat who try to bring down the bourgeoisie and sacrificing himself in the process to stay silent and live his life peacefully with just right amount of money that is mercifully given to him by the bourgeoisie?

If they were in D.P. HJ will be the abusive sunbaes and HW will be Seok Bong. Those who watch the show know how Bong's the one who lost most when he can choose to live a more decent life than his abuser but with unforgettable trauma to carry for the rest of his life. 

HW, Seok Bong, and the proletariat may choose the wrong choice while the one they fight with still stand tall. But if we see it differently, thanks to them a loud cry that comes out after lip biting for a long time is heard and it brings more awareness to people to do something to create better society. And it's disheartening that it took these loss for people to start doing something.

Haha i guess i'm stretching it too far because the severity of the damage is way different. But maybe just like those people Hae Won just want her silent cry to be heard.

• Like 1

!

17 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Haha i guess i'm stretching it too far because the severity of the damage is way different. But maybe just like those people Hae Won just want her silent cry to be heard.

Bourgeoisie  vs proletariat huh??? what does that have to do with Hae Won... "they did it to me, their fault and I am not responsible for my actions, I just want to be heard"... I did not see the squid game so, I can't really compare. We all want to be heard, it is how we present our issues. In dramas, the rich are always presented as bad, corrupted people which is sad and untrue. There are bad poor people, bad middle income people and high income and super rich people. The best people of the world can also be found in the very rich because they worked to get there and produced things that help the world. What did Hae Won do? Attack a child because her uncaring husband cheated on her? Then when she found him, still married him, and almost begs him to pay attention to her, this person who could not give a damn about her broken heart??? She destroyed her life and future for a philandering cheat. She says..she wants to be heard, actually she is being heard loud and clear even he barkeep.... "I am pathetic" and she is not crying silently either... she is all over the place announcing how she is, to every person who will listen!!!! I get that she has been hurt badly, what I don't get is making the man marry her again when he has amnesia... the man who cheated on her... and even in his amnesia state, feels drawn to the woman whom he had an affair with. And she wants to be heard...

Hae Won is trying to play mind games and she is not very good at it, in fact, she sucks since she is hurting herself and no one else

Sorry for the rant....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee_wannabe said:

I disagree with your take. Nobody killed Haewon's family, in fact she had a loving grandfather and still had a career she could have done something with, she could have found love again, had her own family, children. Nobody stole all her money, she was in love with an RickRoll'D and that RickRoll'D and her close friend caused her heartbreak. Numerous people go through heart breaks. I have had a few. I did not turn into an obsessed individual who lost all drive in life and I certainly did not end up hurting children as result. Haewon was hurt, Hui Ju is in the wrong, Woo Jae is a RickRoll'D but there is no way Haewon is sympathetic or her actions justifiable. People around the world overcome much worse trauma and still don't end up the way she has. At certain point, you have to look at yourself and take some responsibility for where you are in your life. Hui Ju is getting away with cheating on her husband and breaking Hae Won's heart....tough luck ...people get away with murder. She was wronged but the reason people can't relate to her is primarily because most people in exact same situation or worse can move forward. Getting stuck in her misery was her choice....that nobody forced her into. I think the show is interesting in a sense that it clearly shows you that not everybody will listen to your story of hurting and relate to it. We obviously categorize where we sympathize based on the severity of wrong doing. And a failed relationship just isn't strong enough reason to cheer someone in their misguided attempt at extravagent revenge. Heck, Haewon could have walked into the gallery show amidst reporters and accused Hui Ju of being a promiscuous philandering RickRoll'D and people would side with her and it would cause Hui Ju's downfall. But, no she wants apology, acknowledgement and then she'll take her revenge. Should have stuck with easy revenge and gotten quick results.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Heck, Haewon could have walked into the gallery show amidst reporters and accused Hui Ju of being a promiscuous philandering RickRoll'D and people would side with her and it would cause Hui Ju's downfall. But, no she wants apology, acknowledgement and then she'll take her revenge. Should have stuck with easy revenge and gotten quick results.

Exactly....why give the floozy a pass for an apology??? She just gave Hui Ju the chance to lord it all over her

Oh boy, this is getting really good!!! Hui Ju is showing her fangs, and it is only the beginning!!! Hae Won is no match, Hui Ju will chew her then spit her out!!! When Hae Won is concentrating on appreciating and viewing art, her face changes into someone joyful and beautiful as she is in the present moment and nothing else matters but what she is looking at. If only she puts her effort into her art and not on trying to make everyone feel bad for her or trying to make Hui Ju and Woo Jae feel guilt and apologize!!! Hae Won knows that Woo Jae remembers and yells at WJ to tell her something. Did she really expect Woo Jae to apologize, feel sorry and make it up to her like he promised before he went to Ireland? Instead, WJ tells Hae Won that  they should break up!!! Ouch!!!! I can see this ending like a tragic opera!!! Who is going to die??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnywoo said:

I regret watching this. There is no one to root for. No one..  three more episodes left. Ughh. So who do you think fell?  

Get in line! Same, same....I just hope Lisa and Hoe Su get happiness and stability.

I am pretty sure that guy was Hui Ju's husband.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sunnywoo said:

I regret watching this. There is no one to root for. No one..  three more episodes left. Ughh. So who do you think fell? 

It could be the husband since he was wearing a business suit and it seems like it was in the fenced steps in Ireland. No happy ending for anyone, Hae Won may end up destroying lives of Hui Ju and Woo Jae but she ends up losing the most as she will be like the mother in law, alone and bitter for the rest of her life.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lila21 said:

It could be the husband since he was wearing a business suit and it seems like it was in the fenced steps in Ireland

Its in present timeline though and they are in Seoul so who looses balance and falls over in front of Hui Ju? Hui Ju will get away with it....Haewon is such a massive idiot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Its in present timeline though and they are in Seoul so who looses balance and falls over in front of Hui Ju? Hui Ju will get away with it....Haewon is such a massive idiot. 

Yep, Woo Jae might even take the fall for Hui Ju.

• Like 1

The best ending i want : WJ dead, HW in prison, HJ lost all around her

But i think now that HW deserves the worst ending possible, sorry guys, see comments who ship HW with HJ's brother lol

i don't want a happy ending for her or others lead here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

WJ dead, HW in prison, HJ lost all around her

But i think now that HW deserves the worst ending possible,

Yep, HW ends up in prison. Seems she drugged HJ's husband? The abuser brother in law in coma. Or.. WJ as he said will kill anyone who hurts HJ so he may be the one to kill HW and end up in prison, HJ in despair and feeling guilt for WJ's actions, ends up being successfully thrown out by the MIL, she goes back to Ireland in that house by the cliffs alone or HJ killing HW and WJ taking the rap and going to prison for her... this is sounds like an operatic tragedy

• Like 1

Haewon has everything that one could need to be happy but she just is so warped in her head over revenge and getting an apology that she is literally throwing it away. The more I see Woo Jae's crazy attitude, the less I understand why she is destroying her life over him. Hui Ju is in hell but I gut tells me she'll survive this. Her mother-in-law won't throw her away. My guess Lisa will accidentally kill Woo Jae when he tries to choke Hui Ju in her studio. She'll clean up. Her mother-in-law will get rid of Haewon. She'll be trapped forever in her living hell.

• Like 3

Not sure why, but HW is the character I dislike the least rn and even if she gets the bad ending that she deserves, I hope HJ & WJ gets an even worse one. Very satisfied with how WJ is obsessively chasing HJ and wreaking havoc lol HW should just chill and let them do their thing. Also, props to HJ’s bro for calling his sister out.

Everyone keeps saying that HW should have just moved on with her life, but I wonder if there’s more to the story? Just seems too easy. Can’t wait for the ending and hope some more things come to light.

• Like 4

The healing process from any brokenness takes place in stages and depending on ones psychological and mental make up, the process of healing can take faster or longer as long one is willing to do the work. That is what it means to go on with one's life, the willingness to do the work of healing.

For Hae Won doing the work means to become worse than the person who hurt her and thus hurt them back in any way she can, that is her way of getting on with her life. Good Luck, may Hae Won find what more to the story she needs  in prison or alone bitter and angry, her whole life. That is idiocy, but sometimes one has to go through moments of idiocy and regret to learn what life is trying to teach and regretfully, it could take a whole life, wasted. Just like Hui Ju's mother in law who is wrapped in her bitterness, she makes it up with controlling people to make them unhappy as well.

So Hae Won drugged Hyeon Syeong and tells HJ she had an affair with her obviously drugged husband. Hui Ju could care less if Hae Won had a one night stand with Hyeon Syeong because she knows that she is secure in Hyeong Syeong's determination to protect his family and marriage. What Hui Ju will care about is Hae Won drugging her husband, which she can prove and which Hae Won can go to prison for and deservedly. Hae Won is an idiot, she reminds me of another character  in a daily I am watching. Same MO, same motivation..revenge with stupidity.

Hui Ju recorded in the car black box Woo Jae force kissing and hugging Hui Jui. So the conversation with Hae Won admitting she had this dalliance with Hui Ju's husband is recorded. So, Hae Won comes out as the "other woman" of Hui Ju's husband. I wonder if Hyeon Syeong planned this to trap Hae Won knowing that Hui Ju will be recording the conversation with Hae Won. It could also be that the recorded conversations on the comatose brother in law's phone recorded conversations with Hae Won and Hae Won will come out as the "mastermind" planner of destruction of Hui Ju's family. Hae Won definitely ends up in prison.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1