[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

43 minutes ago, Breeze said:

[...]
The first broadcast on the 15th of last month was over 90% of the pre-production, and it was decided to shoot again with Jisoo's drop-off and Na In-woo's input. Although it is a tight period due to production conditions, the broadcast schedule is expected to proceed without a hitch. A high-ranking KBS official told Star News, "There is no broadcast (due to re-shooting)."

KBS also made an official position on this day and said, "I apologize for causing concern to viewers due to the controversy over Jisoo's academy violence," and "I also sincerely express my condolences to the victims."

Victory Contents, the producer of 'River where the moon rises' , also said, "I am sorry and regretful for causing concern to the viewers," and said, "I decided to get off Jisoo while feeling the seriousness of the situation." In addition, "I will do my best to complete a good work with a new actor." 

cr:shirlley0604 ,ig

Sorry English is not my first language. What they mean by "There is no broadcast" is about the reruns of this week's episodes or that they will not air episodes 7 and 8 next week? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Estelle
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Estelle said:

Sorry English is not my first language. What they mean by "There is no broadcast" is about the reruns of this week's episodes or that they will not air episodes 7 and 8 next week? Thanks in advance!

Ep 7 new teaser

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

Coming in here to show support for the drama cast and crew. What a terrible thing to happen. Feel bad for them and most especially to the victims. 

On a positive note, glad to see they got a new male lead quickly. The actor seems to be well-received by the viewers so that’s a step in the right direction. There’s still much work to do ahead though. Wishing them best of luck and perseverance to get through this. I’ll be tuning in. 

• Love 6

I have been waiting for this drama ever since Ji Soo took the role and I just love the story and how well done it seems to be. I'm glad that it's not cancelled. All the cast and crew has worked so hard. 

It's a shame that this happened. the production team have made a hard but the right choice to change  the lead.

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@Breeze @Ela Dee @andy78 Haha honestly I watched the drama because of Kim So Hyun too and it’s a historical drama :joy: I think because of the uncertainty with future of the drama, that’s why I said that, but I’m glad we got more info about the future episodes!!

Man but reshooting scenes from 9-18, I feel very bad for the production team and all the actors/actresses like what you guys said. I can’t imagine how much effect it’ll be to reshoot everything. So Na In Woo was in Mr. Queen then? I look forward to his performance and chemy with KSH :D I think I will watch episode 6 as well!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Na In Woo to take over Ji Soo's role in 'River Where The Moon Rises'

1614951494-20210304-nainwoo.jpg

Actor Na In Woo has been confirmed for Ji Soo's role in 'River Where The Moon Rises'.

Previous reports revealed Na In Woo was in talks to star as the new male lead of the KBS drama after Ji Soo was dropped from the cast following his bullying controversy. On March 5, producers of 'River Where The Moon Rises' confirmed the replacement, announcing, "Na In Woo has been cast in the role of On Dal."

Na In Woo will start playing On Dal opposite Kim So Hyun in episode 9 of the series.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/03/na-in-woo-to-take-over-ji-soos-role-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@Breeze

That site's writer totally negative about the new casting. It's her opinion but I don't agree. 

His casting might turn out well. He was fine in Mr. Queen. I didn't hate his character. 

I'm watching Mr. Q special and he seemed nice.  The cast were all in good mood talking about their experience shooting the drama. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

@Breeze

That site's writer totally negative about the new casting. It's her opinion but I don't agree. 

His casting might turn out well. He was fine in Mr. Queen. I didn't hate his character. 

I'm watching Mr. Q special and he seemed nice.  The cast were all in good mood talking about their experience shooting the drama. 

I didn^t watch Mr Queen. And ı didn't know Na Inwoo . But Koala also was negative about Jisoo. She thought historical drama doesn't suit him. After the airing of the drama Koala changed his mind .

I am sure same thing will happen for Na Inwoo. Also Mr Queen viewers really like him. He looks so cute. I am searching his videos and ı think he perfectly fits the role ;) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, ferily said:

Haha honestly I watched the drama because of Kim So Hyun too and it’s a historical drama :joy: I think because of the uncertainty with future of the drama, that’s why I said that, but I’m glad we got more info about the future episodes!!

Man but reshooting scenes from 9-18, I feel very bad for the production team and all the actors/actresses like what you guys said. I can’t imagine how much effect it’ll be to reshoot everything. So Na In Woo was in Mr. Queen then? I look forward to his performance and chemy with KSH :D I think I will watch episode 6 as well!

i hope everything we'll go well for them ...I feel very bad for the production team and all the actors/actresses ... for Kim So Hyun the most...filming again...so many scenes...this is their story the princess and her husband...they may even give up some scenes...i watched ep 6...i didn't want to belive he is guilty...i would have watched it anyways...but just for the story,characters  and Kim So Hyun...

1 hour ago, Madu Mita said:

Apparently Jisoo was rude to staff as well

i'm sorry to hear that

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, htk9207 said:

@Breeze

Yeah pay no mind that that site’s writer.  She doesn’t do her research well and never apologizes for getting her facts wrong when they are pointed out to her. :blink:.  I read her for news but I take all her opinions with a grain of salt.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

47 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Yeah pay no mind that that site’s writer.  She doesn’t do her research well and never apologizes for getting her facts wrong when they are pointed out to her. :blink:.  I read her for news but I take all her opinions with a grain of salt.

This!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I didn’t watch mr. queen but it’s on my watchlist. For those who’ve seen it, Is it good? How about na in woo’s performance?

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, yeli said:

He’s the lead and got the girl in that Netflix series actually. 

Oh is it? I i dont really follow any of his works.. thanks for the info...:D

I also dont follow KSH's work (her previous work with Ji Chang Wook, i also didnt follow - jCW to me, is not as cool as when he was in Healer:D and i never finish K2 nor the drama he was in as a lawyer)

Yes of course, cast and crew hardwork suffers but im sure KBS will pay them for the exra work that had to be done for the drama.... hopefully the new lead can prove that he is better in acting than when he was in Mr Queen... and improve the ratings if not stablised it.. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

So far I have been a silent reader, but I also want to speak. This story is very sad, because the drama is beautiful and I feel terribly sorry for the whole team, they do not deserve the project to suffer. And can you imagine how difficult it will be for Na In Woo, he went down in story from the middle, he will now have to somehow understand the hero to continue his line so as it was shown at first. It's very difficult to do, but I wholeheartedly support him and look forward to the 9th episode.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Netizens can't wait to see Na In Woo as the new On Dal of 'River Where The Moon Rises'

1615007049-20210305-nainwoo.jpeg

Netizens are thrilled to have actor Na In Woo cast as the new On Dal of KBS2's 'River Where The Moon Rises'!

An actor on the rise, drama-lovers are familiar with Na In Woo in a historical series, as he most recently worked in tvN's 'Mr. Queen'. Viewers can be assured, Na In Woo's visuals in traditional hanbok is guaranteed!

But what netizens are even more thrilled about is that Na In Woo himself seems to personify the character On Dal in his everyday lifestyle!

If you're unfamiliar with the story of Princess Pyeong Gang and On Dal of Goguryeo, the story is a classic fable in South Korea. In the classic fable version, On Dal is known as "the fool", rather clumsy and inept since childhood. However, his life turns around completely when he marries the princess of Goguryeo, Pyeong Gang, and he earns the status of a military commander. 

Of course, in KBS2's 'River Where The Moon Rises', the classic fable is reinterpreted slightly differently. In the drama version, Princess Pyeong Gang, raised as a warrior, aspires to become the first empress of Goguryeo. In order to achieve her dreams, she uses On Dal, the son of the commander of Goguryeo's army who is in love with her. 

Well, whether you prefer the On Dal of the classic fable or On Dal from the drama version, Na In Woo may fit both roles! Netizens definitely seem to think so. Just by looking at some of his Instagram photos, they say they see a little bit of the "clumsy" On Dal:

Netizens commented, 

"He was such a great pick! I can't wait to watch the drama!"
"Is he a modern day reincarnation of On Dal??"
"Who knew a living, breathing On Dal was just waiting for this role the whole time."
"Why are handsome people so bad at taking pictures kekekeke."
"Great pick, KBS!"
"OMG where did this tall, goofy, handsome man come from. If he does a good job in this drama, he might become big!"
"Where did they find this guy kekekeke. He's just On Dal kekekeke."
"I wasn't even watching this drama before but I'll watch it now."
"I never liked that Ji Soo guy so I wasn't watching this drama, but now I won't have a problem watching."
"So glad a great actor got this great opportunity."
"OMG that wrinkly coat and the 'V' sign kekekekeke."

Will you be watching 'River Where The Moon Rises' with new On Dal, Na In Woo?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/03/netizens-cant-wait-to-see-na-in-woo-as-the-new-on-dal-of-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 6
  • Blob 1