[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

The drama cancelled filming for today (3/4 in Korea) and are having a meeting regarding to replace Jisoo or not.. They are going to resume filming on 3/5 though, according to the article that I read.

Apparently over 5,500 K-netizens signed a petition to remove Jisoo from the drama. Ah whyyyy :tears: why is this happening to this drama....

But yeah does it mean that Jisoo is accepting the sexual accusations? I wish he would clarify on that at least

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, ferily said:

The drama cancelled filming for today (3/4 in Korea) and are having a meeting regarding to replace Jisoo or not.. They are going to resume filming on 3/5 though, according to the article that I read.

Apparently over 5,500 K-netizens signed a petition to remove Jisoo from the drama. Ah whyyyy :tears: why is this happening to this drama....

But yeah does it mean that Jisoo is accepting the sexual accusations? I wish he would clarify on that at least

It sure does seem like it the way how ambiguous it is. I think that’s why he admitted to it . I read that the netizen who spoke out on it has proof in regards to the victim.

• Like 6

@ferily Chingu, so sorry that I did not include that option there. I set up the poll last night and must have forgotten to add that option there. I will make sure to remember including that option or something similar next poll onward :approves:

Regarding Ji Soo's case here, I think the fact that he accepted and admitted to the bullying accusation means the production will need to start looking for replacements already. Yes it will hit them financially and will need hard work again since the scenes will need to be shot again, but if they don't do it, I think it will affect the ratings big time. 

What I see is the drama delaying for a couple of weeks maybe, while they edit out On Dal's scenes as much as possible in the upcoming episodes, they might start re-shooting the scenes for other episodes immediately after deciding on the replacement. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

@ryanallright @Sleepy Owl I don't doubt it for a second, but dang I can't believe the drama will do this -- replace the actor AND reshoot the scenes.. Just image how much work that'll be since they already did some prefilming? I feel like editing out On Dal in the upcoming episodes would affect the storyline though so I don't know if that'll be a good idea to do so? 

Aw man, but is anyone else sad that the drama you are watching got hit like this :brokenheart: This is the first time I experienced this where a drama I'm watching will change the actor....

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Sigh.  Is Kang HaNeul available?  If they get him to play OnDal I would keep watching for him.  I loved his short stint as the dad.  At least he already knows the story and doesn’t need much time to be caught up with where the story is headed.  It’s just sad all round.  And they would be scrambling now trying to work something out.  This is a lavish production.  And it’s Sageuk.  It takes that much longer to film because of costumes and sets.  Reminds me of the scandal with Joseon Survival.  Such a pity because this drama was just picking up steam and gaining momentum.  It can’t be easy filming under that cloud now. :tears:

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

9 hours ago, ferily said:

Jisoo admitting to all of the accusation is definitely bad news for the drama.

i agree with you my friends...i hopped everything was not true!!!what will happen with the story now?i hope at least we 'll be able to watch it on viu,viki or netflix...at this point it is hard to replace Jisso!!!They only have 2 more ep...more than 95% filmed, they can do anyhting, but probably is his last acting job in many many years...he is ruined as actor!!!what a mess!!!

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Is Kang HaNeul available?  If they get him to play OnDal I would keep watching for him.  I loved his short stint as the dad.  

Me too he was awesome...

One more thing...what about next week episodes?i wonder if the ratings for ep 7 and 8 are still great what will they do?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I haven't seen Episode 6 yet as this week I am a bit under stress and since the scandal broke my motivation was dwindling. Now I read that KBS is considering replacing Ji Soo with another actor, which is probably better than cancelling the show. I am disappointed, and disgusted. Somehow I had hope that these allegations would be untrue, not because I am calling anyone liar, but because I didn't want it to be true.

Anyway, Kang Ha-Neul would be a great choice, even if people complain that there is a "considerable" age gap between him and So-Hyun. Ha-Neul would bring back good attention to the drama again.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, agenth said:

Somehow I had hope that these allegations would be untrue, not because I am calling anyone liar, but because I didn't want it to be true.

me too ...but i still watched ep 6...so many actors worked hard !!!what a mess!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Breeze said:

Kang Haneul accepted another drama . Let's wait and see ,what will happen.

Really? Which? I hadn't heard anything yet, and it only looked like there was a movie on his radar.

In any case it's probably hard getting a high-profile actor to replace Ji Soo, since this project has some stain now unfortunately. Though a rookie/less experienced actor could be grateful for given the chance. 

• Like 4

Just now, andy78 said:

OMG!!!What a mess!!!we waited for this drama so long!!!Everything is ruined...

What do you mean? I don't think he could have stayed in light of his admission. He would have been replaced or the drama would be cancelled, if he hadn't decided to leave. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, agenth said:

What do you mean? I don't think he could have stayed in light of his admission. He would have been replaced or the drama would be cancelled, if he hadn't decided to leave. 

i know...what he did years ago is so wrong ... but i'm still sad...I feel bad for the other actors and production team...as i said before we waited for this drama so long...

40 minutes ago, Breeze said:

They will  get new male lead for Ondal's character.

YES but we will have to wait again...

• Like 2

As a result of the news 1 coverage on the 4th, KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama'The River where the Moon rises' (played by Ji-hoon Han/Director Yoon Sang-ho) decided to get off the actor Jisoo, who plays the main character Ondal after close discussion.

It is reported that the production crew is looking for an actor to replace Jisoo. However, future countermeasures are being discussed from various angles. Details such as the amount of Jisoo's appearance and the timing of the successor actor's appearance are undecided.

http://naver.me/5pNNLMD8

cr:shirlley0604 ,ig

• Thanks 6

8 minutes ago, Breeze said:

As a result of the news 1 coverage on the 4th, KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama'The River where the Moon rises' (played by Ji-hoon Han/Director Yoon Sang-ho) decided to get off the actor Jisoo, who plays the main character Ondal after close discussion.

It is reported that the production crew is looking for an actor to replace Jisoo. However, future countermeasures are being discussed from various angles. Details such as the amount of Jisoo's appearance and the timing of the successor actor's appearance are undecided.

http://naver.me/5pNNLMD8

cr:shirlley0604 ,ig

Thanks  for updates !!!I so wanted him not to be guilty!!!Now they'll have to start again...all Ondal scenes !!!Many scenes for sure!!!

• Like 1