[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

I have yet to watch episode 7, viu just released the episode a few hrs ago in my country :bawling:

i’m glad that he’s adapting well and already has a great chemistry with the cast:approves:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Yaay for the higher rating! Congratulations to the drama team. I just watched epi 7 and it didn’t disappoint. Plot wise, story is moving fast with the Princess uncovering hidden agendas. She needs more allies in the Palace. I hope that General Go would really stay by her side as he promised. He seems kinda possessive in the preview, I wonder how far he can really go with keeping his promise. 

The beginning of the episode was confusing when On Dal walked out with the assassins and his friends. How did he get out of prison? I guess there were some parts that they deleted and didn’t get a chance to reshoot. They probably reshot only important scenes with Na In Woo just so the story would still be cohesive enough. It’s understandable given the short time they were given to reshoot just so they could broadcast on time. I’m already drawn to Na In Woo’s On Dal even with just a few short scenes. I want more scenes of him! Hope we get to see him soon with the Princess too :)

• Like 6

Kim So Hyun Goes Head To Head With Kim Bup Rae In “River Where The Moon Rises”

Kim So Hyun Goes Head To Head With Kim Bup Rae In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS2’s “River Where the Moon Rises” has revealed new stills of Kim So Hyun and the King.

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a new drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Na In Woo).

Spoilers

In episode 7, Pyeonggang snuck into a medicinal herb store to figure out Hae Mo Yong’s (Choi Yoo Hwa‘s) identity. Here, she discovered that young women were being sold off to Silla and decided to hide among them despite the dangers of doing so.

New stills show Pyeonggang back at the palace in her princess attire, wearing an expression of disapproval. She stands firmly in front of King Pyeongwon (Kim Bup Rae) and and the royal officials, and the young women are kneeling on the ground behind her. It appears that she has succeeded in intercepting the women who were being sold off and has brought them to the palace.

river-where-the-moon-rises3.jpg

It is interesting to note that each individual in front of Pyeonggang has a different expression on his face. Go Geon (Lee Ji Hoon) makes an undecipherable poker face, while his father Go Won Pyo (Lee Hae Young) looks quite displeased. Hae Ji Wol (Jung In Kyum), who is directly related to the herbal medicine store, appears to be feeling uneasy.

Episode 8 will reveal how Pyeonggang saved the young women and returned to the palace as well as how Pyeonggang’s disclosure will affect Hae Ji Wol, Hae Mo Yong, and the other aristocrats.

A source from the drama shared, “Please look forward to seeing how Pyeonggang will change the norms set by the political authorities of Goguryeo.”

Watch “River Where the Moon Rises” with subtitles here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1458363wpp/kim-so-hyun-goes-head-to-head-with-kim-bup-rae-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4

Sohyun ig uptade

Resim

Na In Woo Shows Both His Serious And Bright Sides Behind The Scenes Of “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” shared new stills of Na In Woo hard at work!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a new drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Na In Woo). With Na In Woo stepping in to complete the cast after Ji Soo‘s departure, the characters are thrust deeper into the plot.

Spoiler

In a previous episode, On Dal’s compassion won the hearts of many. After sending Pyeonggang off to the palace, he returned to his mountain village with the twins Tarajin (Kim Hee Jung) and Tarasan (Ryu Ui Hyun). He continued to look after those around him by going off to save Pyeonggang’s adoptive father Yeom Deuk (Jung Eun Pyo) and safely bringing him back.

His kind nature has him being taken advantage of to the point of seeming foolish, but he also never fails to be the firm pillar of support for Pyeonggang. From feeling down about missing Pyeonggang to being at the top of his fighting game while saving Yeom Deuk, On Dal had quite a journey in episode 7.

In new behind-the-scenes stills, his vibrant and warm smile radiates a peaceful and wholesome energy, highlighting On Dal’s strengths.

na-in-woo2.jpgna-in-woo1.jpg

In yet another photo, Na In Woo can be seen studying his script intently, hinting at how he has smoothly transitioned into character after taking over the role of On Dal.

The production team commented, “Na In Woo’s bright charm revitalizes the mood on set. He has had the best chemistry with all his co-stars and staff members since the first shoot as if he had been with us since the beginning. Please look forward to his upcoming performance.”

Episode 8 of “River Where the Moon Rises” will air on March 9 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1458329wpp/na-in-woo-shows-both-his-serious-and-bright-sides-behind-the-scenes-of-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shinkeru said:

The beginning of the episode was confusing when On Dal walked out with the assassins and his friends. How did he get out of prison? I guess there were some parts that they deleted and didn’t get a chance to reshoot. They probably reshot only important scenes with Na In Woo just so the story would still be cohesive enough. It’s understandable given the short time they were given to reshoot just so they could broadcast on time. I’m already drawn to Na In Woo’s On Dal even with just a few short scenes. I want more scenes of him! Hope we get to see him soon with the Princess too :)

I understood that the king released him.

• Like 2

I am happy with In Woo's short scenes so far... I can't wait to see him and So Hyun in one frame! :love:  I didn't watch the previous episodes anymore other than the first two because I really can't with Ji Soo's On Dal, I'll just probably read recaps. Anyway, I'm just so glad I can pick up this drama again!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I understood that the king released him.

I must’ve missed that part. Thanks. 

56 minutes ago, totoro_mei said:

Episode 8 it is very good. Long wait to episode 9 with new ondal fully appears. 

This episode was packed. I feel bad for General Go Geun. He’s caught between his feelings for Princess and his father’s ambitions. Speaking of, his father is too daring.. how dare he sit on the King’s throne like that. I would think that should be cause for an execution if such a thing occurs during those times lol. 

I can’t wait for next epi when Ondal is introduced to the King. I hope they had enough time for a proper framing instead of the edits we got of zoomed in shots for this episode. Still applaud the technical team for these quick edits and all their hard work. I’m really liking the new Ondal. He’s quite charming when he smiles. 

Edited by shinkeru
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

This episode was packed. I feel bad for General Go Geun. He’s caught between his feelings for Princess and his father’s ambitions. Speaking of, his father is too daring.. how dare he sit on the King’s throne like that. I would think that should be cause for an execution if such a thing occurs during those times lol. 

I can’t wait for next epi when Ondal is introduced to the King. I hope they had enough time for a proper framing instead of the edits we got of zoomed in shots for this episode. Still applaud the technical team for these quick edits and all their hard work. I’m really liking the new Ondal. He’s quite charming when he smiles. 

Maybe it is editing but can sense some part of episode this week have delete scene. Maybe can add again after film again. Episode 8 have many many good points make drama very fun. Have start have sls because strong chemistry but also support new ondal. Waiting to see chemistry so hyun and in woo. Can sense it will be good. This episode so hyun it is too beautiful. Many scenes become distract by beauty.

1 hour ago, jannedrumsit said:

I am happy with In Woo's short scenes so far... I can't wait to see him and So Hyun in one frame! :love:  I didn't watch the previous episodes anymore other than the first two because I really can't with Ji Soo's On Dal, I'll just probably read recaps. Anyway, I'm just so glad I can pick up this drama again!

Must watch episode 6 second half. It is very good scene so hyun declare Princess and enter palace. Story become more interesting from that scene. 

• Like 7

I’m sorry but Na In Woo is just a much better actor than jisoo:Fist1:....

Like even little scenes are enough to convince you of that.  I guess they picked Jisoo because of how young and how fit into that “fool” role. But yeah, great work by the production really. It’s wonderful how they turned it around and managed it without a hitch. People were guessing they’ll replace him with AI but I’m glad it didn’t happen lol. This is like amazing teamwork. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, shinkeru said:

I feel bad for General Go Geun. He’s caught between his feelings for Princess and his father’s ambitions. Speaking of, his father is too daring.. how dare he sit on the King’s throne like that. I would think that should be cause for an execution if such a thing occurs during those times lol. 

i agree General Go Geun must understand he can't cover for his father and protect the woman he loves...the poor can't choose tries to protect them both...i wonder if she leaves the palace before or  after she informs everybody about marrying Ondal

• Like 5

Ep 8 was more coherent in storytelling than ep 7, but taking in consideration all the editing they had to do, they did their best. I am glad we at least get to see some part of our new On Dal :D 

Well frankly I do not like Go possessiveness around Ga jin and not accepting her rejection. I am scared witch way he gonna go when On dal becomes her husband. I love how clear she is about who she loves and being straightforward with her mind and heart with the people around her. 

I guess their focus in filming from ep 9 so look forward to see more scene with On Dal with Ga Jin!

• Like 7

I just finished episode 6 and 7, and WOW! Pyeonggang coming back to the palace and declaring she is the princess just to save On Dal. Aw man, I am looking forward to more moments between the two of them and for both of them to really fall in love :wub:

It was interesting to watch episode 6 with Jisoo and then episode 7 with Na Inwoo. I didn't realize what a deep voice Inwoo had compared to Jisoo. I definitely am sad about Jisoo being Ondal because he did such a good job portraying Ondal but I guess we got to get used to the actor change.. I do admit, it's kind of weird to see On dal as someone else, but like I said before, it'll take some time.

Okay aside from the actor change, I am really REALLY loving the plot of this drama so far! Ughh I knew that Go Won Pyo set up the princess and to ruin her reputation.. I really want to see Pyeonggang take him down and reveal all of his evil schemes (and what he did in the past).

I am really shocked to find out that Mo Yong is actually from Shilla! She is definitely up to no good with the Shilla general, it seems like this is a plot for Shilla to take over Goguryeo or something along those lines. I thought she was alright at first but she is definitely on my radar of bad guys haha.

Finally, I love that we are seeing Pyeonggang take her own initiatives and isn't a locked up or naive princess. You know when Go Won Pyo mentioned, if she's like the Queen, that she IS going to be JUST like her mother! I look forward to her taking more action and really protecting her father, the King.

Okay I'm off to watch episode 8 now. PS. Anyone else lowkey kind of think Go Geon and Pyeonggang look good together? No? Is it just me haha..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, andy78 said:

i agree General Go Geun must understand he can't cover for his father and protect the woman he loves...the poor can't choose tries to protect them both...i wonder if she leaves the palace before or  after she informs everybody about marrying Ondal

Goeun heart it is sad but become possessive for princess is not good. Happy when princess say clear and rejected. When ondal full appear again want to see new chemistry. 

2 hours ago, sal2 said:

Ep 8 was more coherent in storytelling than ep 7, but taking in consideration all the editing they had to do, they did their best. I am glad we at least get to see some part of our new On Dal :D 

Well frankly I do not like Go possessiveness around Ga jin and not accepting her rejection. I am scared witch way he gonna go when On dal becomes her husband. I love how clear she is about who she loves and being straightforward with her mind and heart with the people around her. 

I guess their focus in filming from ep 9 so look forward to see more scene with On Dal with Ga Jin!

Editing it is difficult but do good work. Episode 8 it move very good and now long wait episode 9. More scene for otp. It is become more fun. 

• Like 2

Okay, everything I said about Go Geon in my last post, I take back. Omg, the ending scene of Go Geon saying that he has to have something he wants, even if he wants to steal it. He sounds EXACTLY like his FATHER! Omomomo... Also when Go Geon was confessing to Pyeonggang and says he knows her the best, I was like, get in line boy :P I really want to see Go Geon help the princess and the king but though the end of this episode, it seems like Go Geon and his father is going to work together.

Also was anyone else extremely annoyed at the King this episode (episode 8)? Like one minute he told Pyeonggang and he will definitely not marry her off to Gyeru (or Go Won Pyo's family) and the next he is becoming a little puppy and following Go Won Pyo's order :isannoyed:  Like he's the KING! He can literally execute Go Won Pyo if he wanted too. Okay, I know that'll cause a whole bunch of political issues, but that's how I felt...

But THE PREVIEW THOUGH FOR EP9!! It seems like Pyeonggang runs away from the palace to avoid the royal marriage? Omomomo but Pyeonggang says at the end of the preview that Ondal and her got married already?!? :fear: Or maybe she's just saying that to avoid the marriage? Ahhh who knows, but gosh this drama is just getting better and BETTER!!! Loving the characters, loving the storyline, loving the actors/actresses and loving the OST!!

PS.. Love that Pyeonggang admitted that she has someone in her heart already :heart4:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2