[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Just now, Breeze said:

I hope she will be on the princess side and  work with Gajin . It would be nice to see two strong women fighting together against the enemy .

i read she is the story antagonist...would be nice to see two strong women fighting together against the enemy i agree

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

She born to be a antagonist but became a friend /allied for princess

too good to be true!!!confirmed the affair queen 2 +old Go =lovers...i wonder if he is also her son father

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The feelings between Go Geon and Mo Yong sizzle. They also look so good together. Will they end up as the partners/lovers?

The role of On Dal suits Ji Soo. His acting is quite good here. He can be the softie, the smitten puppy, the happy-go-lucky guy. But he does get angry and delivers the right level of emotion without shouting. Nice!

I do not know why On Dal's nanny has to shout all the time. She chose to be blind but she's not deaf, so she doesn't have to speak loudly. There's more depth and resonance when you speak quietly even if you're angry.

Could Mo Yong be related to Sa Woon Am? Btw, I like the little girl, Wol Yi. She's witty and smart.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I'm not sure if you guys heard, but Jisoo has some scandals going on and it seems like it's pretty serious.. I say this because I wonder if this will affect the drama production :fear:

Yeah hopefully it is solved quickly. 

We got one drama from KBS postponed already ( dear M ) because of park hye soo case. 

This one is ongoing so idk how it will goes. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, ferily said:

I'm not sure if you guys heard, but Jisoo has some scandals going on and it seems like it's pretty serious.. I say this because I wonder if this will affect the drama production :fear:

I heard it and it seems like so serious. I hope it isn't true. All the cast and staff worked very hard despite Covid19. I hope their hard work is not wasted for such a thing ,

I am Sohyun's fan and ı waited for her comeback more than a year. And she is  back with female centric drama . And now ... This news ...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

55 minutes ago, yeli said:

It makes me sad that  the story is getting more and more interesting and something like this happened. Let’s hope for the best

I  know ...who could play Dal better than him?He is doing a great job...i hope is not true everything is said about him...

KBS’s “River Where the Moon Rises” saw a small rise in ratings this episode, while tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” continues to set new personal bests!

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 2 episode of “River Where the Moon Rises” recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.6 and 9.2 percent. This is an increase from last episode‘s ratings of 6.5 and 8.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457244wpp/l-u-c-a-the-beginning-continues-steady-rise-as-river-where-the-moon-rises-holds-on-to-lead

At least they are still the best...i'm so happy they deserve !!!

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, andy78 said:

what a mess @Breeze!!!can you imagine if they take Jisso off ?it was his story...his love for his wife!!!what will happen with the drama?i think everybody should calm and wait end of the investigation!

I don't know how it will be ? As you said this is his and Pyeonggang 's srory .How will someone replace him ,if the rumor is true ... I am very sad right now  :sad1:

• Sad 6

26 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I don't know how it will be ? As you said this is his and Pyeonggang 's srory .How will someone replace him ,if the rumor is true ... I am very sad right now  

Me too ...i hope is not true!!!

• Sad 5

Having watched both episodes, I think it was interesting to see that almost everyone knows about Gochuga and Queen's affair except for the King and Mo Yong's father. Will be interesting to see how the King will react when this comes into light. Will Ga Jin use this info to get the Queen's tribe support her and Royal family in exchange of their and Queen's lives? Since well, the King might be useless against Gochuga, but if their affair is revealed, then things would be different, Gochuga might end up getting out of the mess with just some trouble, but the Queen and her tribe will not be safe. 

At the same time, I liked the fact that this drama is not really dragging the scenes like the one where Ga Jin and On Dal drifted apart for sometime, since On Dal knew who she is and needed sometime to still get over things and clear his mind. I also liked the fact that even though the Assassin Chief might kind of cruel, but he still was not immoral and cruel enough to threaten Ga Jin with the lives of the residents of Ghost Village. He did use her friend's life instead, but it was actually to save them, he had to send his ace for that. So yeah, this dude could be evil and cruel, but still knows there is a line which should not be crossed. I actually was impressed that he didn't do it since I thought he would go that route. 

Ga Jin on the other had to return to the palace in a way or two. She just made Go Gun's life easier by returning herself, since well, I am sure he must have had some headache trying to think about a way to convince her return. Everything about his plan was going good, and two people just ruined it. Mo Yong by acting too kind and generous, showing she is just returning favor to Gochuga by bringing the Assassin and apparently Princess' body which then forced this dude to use the court maid confirm it, ruining it all. Sometimes one must not really act out of character, Mo Yong was an information merchant, she had to act like one, and while trying to win over Gochuga and earn his trust, she actually ended up making him suspicious of her. 

Go Gun will definitely reach a point where he will have to choose sides, no matter what. Will he decide to be Gye Ru's next chief or a loyal commander of Gogoryeo, same would be the case of Mo Yong here. She is shown to be opportunistic when it comes to Politics and making allies, so will be interesting how she will act and who she will decide to side with in the future, and the tension whenever these two are together is just something else. Not sure if they will end up together, but surely one will fall for the other, or maybe both. I can see Mo Yong falling for this dude, and not sure if this will be what will cause her go against Ga Jin, I really hope this would not be the one, and instead some other reason, with this being one of the many reasons maybe. 

As for the princess returning, only Gochuga seems to be worried about it. He does know that she will not be someone who can be controlled easily and at the same time, she might act as a catalyst for the King wanting the absolute power again, and at the same time the support from her mother's tribe might also shift to her. He surely knows about the possible power shift in palace happening, King getting out of control since he has already stopped drinking or taking drugs, and at the same time, Queen now cannot really openly do whatever she wants to. Will be interesting how things will unfold in the palace and let's not forget, Ga Jin owes big time to Mo Yong, so instead of seeing them against each other, I hope to see them working together. As I said, I would love to see Mo Yong acting as the information merchant and choosing the winning side, rather than irrationally being against the Princess over a dude. 

Talking about Ji Soo's scandal, not sure about it, I am still speechless. Now no matter how true or false this accusation is, I do think that the ratings of this drama will be affected since the public is divided into two about it already. Let's see what the production team will decide tomorrow. Hopefully the allegations are not true either. 

Chingus, I will try to set up the poll for this week's episode tonight or maybe tomorrow morning, so please do reach out to me if you have suggestions for it. :approves:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Please help me to find the voting with 4 opinions on the topic

`What do you think will make Ga Jin return to the palace as the Princess`

I can't find it anymore. Maybe it's hidden or smth.

Do you know the details of the scandal with Ji Soo?

Is there fresh news about him? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Talking about Ji Soo's scandal, not sure about it, I am still speechless. Now no matter how true or false this accusation is, I do think that the ratings of this drama will be affected since the public is divided into two about it already. Let's see what the production team will decide tomorrow. Hopefully the allegations are not true either. 

and the ratings of this drama were great...i hate what happened...i can't see another actor beeing Dal...everybody should calm and wait the end of the investigation...He's entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

almost everyone knows about Gochuga and Queen's affair except for the King and Mo Yong's father. Will be interesting to see how the King will react when this comes into light.

i hope foolish king will know soon...her boy might not be his after all

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, yeli said:
It makes me sad that  the story is getting more and more interesting and something like this happened. Let’s hope for the best:heart:

Ugh this is exactly what I was afraid of and how it’ll affect the drama.. I can’t imagine anyone else playing On Dal than Jisoo! He has been doing such a good job portraying him.

I want to hope that the stories about him are all false and some people are just trying to accuse him, but I don’t know.. Either they’ll put the drama on pause or find another actor to replace him all together.

@Breeze who is VC?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1