1. 1. The best thing about sageuks is (pick 3):

• Cross-dressing
    • OEDs (Old Evil Dudes)
    • Political struggles
    • Kung Fu action scenes and swords
    • Beautiful costumes and accessories
    • Mane of Glory (the long hair on oppa)
    • King and childhood friend
    • Love triangles (wealthier man vs poorer man)
    • Background music
    • Oppa, of course!
    • Mistaken identities
    • Lots of characters (princes, eunuchs, concubines, ministers....)
  2. 2. The most evil OED (Old Evil Dude) in a sageuk?

• Lady Mishil - The Great Queen Seon Deok (ok, it's a woman but we can all agree that she's an OED)
    • Lee Suyang - The Princess' Man
    • Lee In Jwa - Jackpot
    • Min Am - Queen In Hyun's Man
    • El Temür - Empress Ki
    • Park Wong Jong - Queen For Seven Days
    • Gakkan - Hwarang
    • Taejong - Deep Rooted Tree
    • OED - Chuno
  3. 3. The hottest sageuk abs? (pick 2)

• Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Flower Knight Hwarang
    • My Country: The New Age
    • Grand Prince
    • Tale of Nokdu
    • Chuno
    • Empress Ki
    • Scholar Who Walks The Night
    • Goddess of Fire
    • Moonlight Drawn By The Clouds
    • Arthdral Chronicles
    • Crowned Clown

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2020 at 07:05 PM

7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

and @Min2206

Not necessarily. I never watched that particular drama though. :lol: But usually the ladies in c-dramas are more covered. 

On another note: I mean we also have a case of bad hair in "Empress Ki" just look at those locks!

@Jillia  Can't help it -- those are natural locks, right?  inherited from parents and ancestors .... you talking about the curls?   Wait ... do they have perming service back then.

Now, don't you go talking about my daejang .. I'll flip table .. I know he does not ..... :D

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

hahaha... it just struck me that villain showed us his abs first but lee min ho didn't! :lol: guess hero passed off the 'must show abs requirement' to villain! hahahhaha...

and yes, some great shining skin from our villain! hahahha...

check , check @partyon  :doggie:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, partyon said:

How about calling the ones unfortunate enough to get bad wigs:

MHBNs ? (More Hair Budget Needed)

:joy:

you do realize there is a channel called MBN which does some dramas from time to time (think it is owned by MBC) -- now am going to get confused with this hair budget acronym and might think of that instead of the station. hahahah...  ^_^

As Ive been tagged...:sweatingbullets:

1. Basically depending on who is acting the drama (must be handsome actors, yes yes, im vain);  the story (must have romance)  and happy ending!

2. I forgot who are the evil peole in the dramas! Mostly, the bad people died, which is good; because Queen Seon Duk was so long, the baddies are well remembered - Minshil and the old guy? 

3. Honestly i dont really look at the abs -  i remember i was surprised to see that the male lead in the Tale of Nakdo, had it... i thought he was too skinny for it.... haha.. Other than that, most Korean actors work out to make sure they have abs to show in some scenes since ladies love to watch it... unfortunately, its not a main criteria for me:sweatingbullets:

4. OsT? Hmmm... i cant remember...:D Maybe Scarlet Ryeo... the ost is still in my car Cd:D

1 minute ago, Sleepy Owl said:

This lady in Emperor of the sea had really weird hair styles. Weirdest one which I could find was this one 

@partyon Noona, there is scarcity of cleavage in almost all kdramas. I don't even remember when I last saw it in a drama. 

I just showed this lady to my mom! 
She was like ....her first remark -  she has a long neck to carry that bun.

thanks @Sleepy Owl for the cleavage info.   

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

you do realize there is a channel called MBN which does some dramas from time to time (think it is owned by MBC) -- now am going to get confused with this hair budget acronym and might think of that instead of the station. hahahah...  ^_^

Fortunately I called them MHBNs :D

I guess MBN stands for More Budget Needed.... Hasn't MBC had quite a few drama duds lately....? :D

3 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

As Ive been tagged...:sweatingbullets:

1. Basically depending on who is acting the drama (must be handsome actors, yes yes, im vain);  the story (must have romance)  and happy ending!

@realistic2280a Which is your favorite sageuk?

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@partyon Noona, there is scarcity of cleavage in almost all kdramas. I don't even remember when I last saw it in a drama.

Yes, that's why there are other websites around for cleavage.... I'm talking about Netflix, of course! :D

@corey The hair color is not even the same.....! :yaaa: Surely people didn't put highlights in their hair back in the day?

@Jillia Do you know why dudes have so long hair in historical C-dramas?

All I can think about when I see those, is the work that goes into maintaining the mane.... They didn't even have conditioner and de-tangler back in the day....

:kitty:

dryshampoo-gif.gif

Ohhh I love this poll. I am a history nut so I always appreciate a real intelligent + good sageuks. Dae Jang Geum (2003) was my first Kdrama and it really changed my perception of Asian dramas (I grew up watching too many Asian drama from all over). Since then I only remember the sageuks I liked: Queen Seondoek, Empress Ki etc. I like the stories about powerful females the most lol. Kingdom series is my current favorite.

Fusion sageuks: I likes Scarlet Heart (BBJX remains superior tho.), Moonlight and Nokdu. I watched Hwarang for V, PSJ, PSH and Seo Ye Ji (but it was terrible lol!!!!) 

Dispute it not being popular, I really enjoyed Arthdal Chronicals because it is pretty unique story/setting/plot. It kept me on my toes about what was going to happen politically. I hope it comes back to finish the story. 

@Jillia I love Mark’s behind the scenes with his wig troubles too. He really became YH though and wig was appreciated lol. TMOPB still holds up and I consider it one of my top 3 Cdrama too. I highly recommend it. 

Historically, Chinese guys had long hair. Thus, for gods, it’s even longer and a status thing. 

Hello to all my chingus!! Been so busy with RL.

I just voted but dang, I should have done so after clicking on the abs example because I saw Chuno and went :w00t: yet I didn’t click for his vote :bawling:

haha @Min2206 @partyon @H0ney i love my LMH oppa and Daejang but unfortunately in Faith, we were shown no abs. Greedy Director-nim! Yet, we received a scene of Popsicle man having a half-naked spa instead..like, come on..we need Daejang, not him! Lol.

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello to all my chingus!! Been so busy with RL.

I just voted but dang, I should have done so after clicking on the abs example because I saw Chuno and went :w00t: yet I didn’t click for his vote :bawling:

haha @Min2206 @partyon @H0ney i love my LMH oppa and Daejang but unfortunately in Faith, we were shown no abs. Greedy Director-nim! Yet, we received a scene of Popsicle man having a half-naked spa instead..like, come on..we need Daejang, not him! Lol.

i had not choice but to vote for Chuno because of that owl introduced him to me .. wait the  @Sleepy Owl

please don't tell Daejang yea .. @vangsweetie637 - be my pal, jebal

giphy.gif

Archived