1. 1. The best thing about sageuks is (pick 3):

• Cross-dressing
    • OEDs (Old Evil Dudes)
    • Political struggles
    • Kung Fu action scenes and swords
    • Beautiful costumes and accessories
    • Mane of Glory (the long hair on oppa)
    • King and childhood friend
    • Love triangles (wealthier man vs poorer man)
    • Background music
    • Oppa, of course!
    • Mistaken identities
    • Lots of characters (princes, eunuchs, concubines, ministers....)
  2. 2. The most evil OED (Old Evil Dude) in a sageuk?

• Lady Mishil - The Great Queen Seon Deok (ok, it's a woman but we can all agree that she's an OED)
    • Lee Suyang - The Princess' Man
    • Lee In Jwa - Jackpot
    • Min Am - Queen In Hyun's Man
    • El Temür - Empress Ki
    • Park Wong Jong - Queen For Seven Days
    • Gakkan - Hwarang
    • Taejong - Deep Rooted Tree
    • OED - Chuno
  3. 3. The hottest sageuk abs? (pick 2)

• Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Flower Knight Hwarang
    • My Country: The New Age
    • Grand Prince
    • Tale of Nokdu
    • Chuno
    • Empress Ki
    • Scholar Who Walks The Night
    • Goddess of Fire
    • Moonlight Drawn By The Clouds
    • Arthdral Chronicles
    • Crowned Clown

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2020 at 07:05 PM

@corey Do you have pics of the wig? :D

We were actually talking about wigs on the Empress Ki thread - it seems that they had a big budget for wigs in that drama so they looked really good.

But some chingus were saying that other dramas had really bad wigs.

What do the bad wigs look like ? :joy:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, corey said:

As for the music - why on earth sageuks often have Irish-inspired background music (see: Warrion Baek Dong Soo and recently My country). Beats me

LOL. do they? sometimes, wrong background music can totally distract you;

love it when fight scenes have lots of drum type music to amp up the fight feel... something like this drama ost --though it isn't a saeguk but set in the 60s-80s. love the feel -- grandiose, tragedy, conflict, momentum, history all wrapped up in those notes...

but wonder if background music is also a reflection of education; so western music and eastern music actually have different rhythms, note timings and waves (am not a music student but my brother once explained to me).. it is possible that many of these composers have a more classical western music type education and perhaps not sure how to produce those traditional type music with the right emotions?

10 minutes ago, corey said:

. And the most horrible male wig in TV history (with the exception of Pricess Angents - that C-Drama surely deserves an Oscar in the never thought -of category the worst male wig of all time)

I am intrigued, pray show those male wigs here please @corey 

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Gotta admit it's kind of a blessing... trying to find abs in c-dramas. :lol:

Immortal @Jillia  I have not gotten over the K-abs , now you showing C-abs --- aigooo me

and thanks a munchie for the Moonlight Drawn By Clouds' dance scene by Kim Yoo Jung - that was my first saguek back 2016!   Before Daejang , mian he to him!  cos of PBG - cough cough

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it amazes me when they choose white costumes in saeguks -- am immediately tempted to think there has to be some detergent ad/PPL somewhere that would say "bright after every wash...." :lol:

(faith: ki cheol / villain)

I found this, and this also does advertise Hello Kitty mirrors :loolz:

635c84675c2071e9e4ddbc6f48fc9971.jpg

@partyon I think the reason why I picked mishil is she was so cunning. She seduced the right people. Married the right people. Obtained the power and kept it until deokman beated her.  There is something about woman villains that I like if they are really good written. 

Just now, Jillia said:

And I think in the drama "Cosmetology High" from where the image with her tower hair is from, it was just the style for many women. Not sure if this is actually inspired by historical fashion but oh dear:

Ehrm....Is it normal that cleavage is so.....ehrm... prominent in Chinese dramas?

Surely @Sleepy Owl is interested in knowing.... :D

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Min2206

Aside from the terrible hair she is Dilraba Dimurat a Chinese actress who is most known for her role Feng Jiu in "Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms":

And I think in the drama "Cosmetology High" from where the image with her tower hair is from, it was just the style for many women. Not sure if this is actually inspired by historical fashion but oh dear:

I like her name!   Dilraba Dimurat .. cool !    Just curious- their costumes are way sexier than the K-ones?

OMgee!  I dunno where to look -- the top coney thingy or the centre bosoms?!  

:popcornjackson:

8 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

And @Lmangla  let's fan-girl Gi Cheol for few minutes , yea .. 

kekeke... found it hilarious that our intro to the villain basically had him get a massage (with some marinated bugs). while his assistant guaranteed the massage oil would give him baby oil skin, villian ki choel was also busy plotting scheme to kill off half a dozen people. talk about a multi-tasking spa! saeguk style. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... found it hilarious that our intro to the villain basically had him get a massage (with some marinated bugs). while his assistant guaranteed the massage oil would give him baby oil skin, villian ki choel was also busy plotting scheme to kill off half a dozen people. talk about a multi-tasking spa! saeguk style. ^_^

@Lmangla  that marinated bugs are rare roaches that eat ginseng, mineral water and cicada larva!  

Can you see HOW SHINY my baby skin is ... that's the back!  We have not seen the front.   I wonder any of chingus in Faith forum has that??  hmmm

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I can live with @partyon ' s who-is-this white dude with band over the forehead but the one @corey posted (smiley purple dude) - awww my .. my lungs!
and @partyon chingu - any abbreviation for these people?

Hmmm.... Didn't know bad hair was a thing in historical dramas / sageuks, as I have been enjoying oppa's good hair in Empress Ki.... :heart:

hwan4.jpg

How about calling the ones unfortunate enough to get bad wigs:

MHBNs ? (More Hair Budget Needed)

:joy:

2 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

@Lmangla  that marinated bugs are rare roaches that eat ginseng, mineral water and cicada larva!  

Can you see HOW SHINY my baby skin is ... that's the back!  We have not seen the front.   I wonder any of chingus in Faith forum has that??  hmmm

hahaha... it just struck me that villain showed us his abs first but lee min ho didn't! :lol: guess hero passed off the 'must show abs requirement' to villain! hahahhaha...

and yes, some great shining skin from our villain! hahahha...

Archived