1. 1. The best thing about sageuks is (pick 3):

• Cross-dressing
    • OEDs (Old Evil Dudes)
    • Political struggles
    • Kung Fu action scenes and swords
    • Beautiful costumes and accessories
    • Mane of Glory (the long hair on oppa)
    • King and childhood friend
    • Love triangles (wealthier man vs poorer man)
    • Background music
    • Oppa, of course!
    • Mistaken identities
    • Lots of characters (princes, eunuchs, concubines, ministers....)
  2. 2. The most evil OED (Old Evil Dude) in a sageuk?

• Lady Mishil - The Great Queen Seon Deok (ok, it's a woman but we can all agree that she's an OED)
    • Lee Suyang - The Princess' Man
    • Lee In Jwa - Jackpot
    • Min Am - Queen In Hyun's Man
    • El Temür - Empress Ki
    • Park Wong Jong - Queen For Seven Days
    • Gakkan - Hwarang
    • Taejong - Deep Rooted Tree
    • OED - Chuno
  3. 3. The hottest sageuk abs? (pick 2)

• Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Flower Knight Hwarang
    • My Country: The New Age
    • Grand Prince
    • Tale of Nokdu
    • Chuno
    • Empress Ki
    • Scholar Who Walks The Night
    • Goddess of Fire
    • Moonlight Drawn By The Clouds
    • Arthdral Chronicles
    • Crowned Clown

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2020 at 07:05 PM

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I love Chuno on the whole, not only for the abs hahaha..

That's what they all say, but honestly, the discussions on this thread have been mostly about hair and abs.... :joy:

19 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Ohhh I love this poll. I am a history nut so I always appreciate a real intelligent + good sageuks. Dae Jang Geum (2003) was my first Kdrama and it really changed my perception of Asian dramas (I grew up watching too many Asian drama from all over). Since then I only remember the sageuks I liked: Queen Seondoek, Empress Ki etc. I like the stories about powerful females the most lol. Kingdom series is my current favorite.

Do you find that there are many powerful FLs in sageuks? How do you feel about the cross-dressing part? :kiss_wink:

12 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

haha @Min2206 @partyon @H0ney i love my LMH oppa and Daejang but unfortunately in Faith, we were shown no abs. Greedy Director-nim! Yet, we received a scene of Popsicle man having a half-naked spa instead..like, come on..we need Daejang, not him! Lol.

So, normally I wouldn't ask this, but I will give it a go..... Does LMH have abs....? :grimace:

3 minutes ago, jongski said:

Chuno!!! no ifs no buts. I've watch that drama several times already :thumbsup:

How about Medical Drama poll next time? I know what my number one is :D

Hi @jongski ! Which is your favorite Medical Drama? I will put your poll idea on our event ideas list. :kiss_wink:

2 minutes ago, partyon said:
9 minutes ago, jongski said:

Chuno!!! no ifs no buts. I've watch that drama several times already :thumbsup:

How about Medical Drama poll next time? I know what my number one is :D

Hi @jongski ! Which is your favorite Medical Drama? I will put your poll idea on our event ideas list.

... even hot oppas or great kisses cannot make me watch some hospital drama ...

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Do you know why dudes have so long hair in historical C-dramas?

All I can think about when I see those, is the work that goes into maintaining the mane.... They didn't even have conditioner and de-tangler back in the day....

Ahahaha, they mostly play deities roles, so there's no such thing as bad hair day for them. Not to mention, throngs of servants to fix the hair if magic won't do. ^_^

Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, I binged watch that within two days, all 58 episodes X 45min each. I watched it because of the BGMs and OSTs I happened to hear by chance. I loved the BGM/OST first, then the story when I watched it, then the novel it's based on. Ye Hua (Mark Chao) that guy with long silky hair, can really act. Oh, he isn't bleach commercial guy though, as he's mostly in black. :)

Now the drama series that should have had bleach sponsors would be the next story after Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, Eternal Love of Dream (The Pillow Book). :lol: The silver-maned main character Dong Hua (Vengo Gao) wears a lot of whites, if he wasn't in his signature different shades of purple attires. If I haven't watched it while it was on air, I will also binge watch it like I did its predecessor TMOPB while reading the novel it's based on. I watch this one with noise cancellation headset just so I can listen to the subtle sounds - blowing wind, flowing water, or the heartbeats included in one of the BGMs.

21 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

haha @Min2206 @partyon @H0ney i love my LMH oppa and Daejang but unfortunately in Faith, we were shown no abs. Greedy Director-nim! Yet, we received a scene of Popsicle man having a half-naked spa instead..like, come on..we need Daejang, not him! Lol.

am still not sure why you are referring to our villain as popsicle man. :lol:let me show you the gif that @Min2206 made. thats a lot of shoulder muscle. okay, why do I sound like when am discussing meat in a butcher shop ....

:idk:

anyways, look at villain -- lots of manly muscle there... so popsicle man should be skinny no?

plus, he has nice skin thanks to some insect spa -- have to give the guy props for doing some skincare routine that would give modern men the creeps...

giphy.gif&key=ac65abb179841dcdb09b91508e

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

with such long hair, do any of these men give slaps using their hair during fights? or that won't be manly? better to use the sword eh?^_^

I don't know with the others, but the ones I've watched, their long hair moves with them like poetry during fight scenes. :lol: Definitely shampoo commercial worthy.

Lol @Min2206 I won’t tell Daejang if you don’t tell him on me either :P 

@partyon hahaha, i am glad you asked because honestly, from what I recall, this may be the closest to abs of his:

Spoiler

RjAZnFGRQ5eeaHU8UtlsjWHACRhbqGi-xaBW5lfV

I can see his abs but I need it to be more popping out and firm! Am I missing out on an abs picture of his? :ph34r:

edit:

@Lmangla hahahaha, i been looking for that spa picture of popsicle man to post on here (as for the title, not to give spoilers away but this name has nothing to do with his body structure haha). Now that you mentioned it, his shoulders does have quite a bit of meat (omo, you are right. This sounds so butcher-ish hahaha) but still..this man isn’t the one I wanted to see having a spa :P :lol:

Are there any Cha Eun Woo fans here ?

Unfortunately I couldn't include him in the abs poll, because he was only showing his back. It's still a nice view, though....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC_vfKvwtJbT8QxqZvsJQ

Anyone watch Rookie Historian? Was he in any good in it?

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am still not sure why you are referring to our villain as popsicle man. :lol:let me show you the gif that @Min2206 made. thats a lot of shoulder muscle. okay, why do I sound like when am discussing meat in a butcher shop ....

anyways, look at villain -- lots of manly muscle there... so popsicle man should be skinny no?

plus, he has nice skin thanks to some insect spa -- have to give the guy props for doing some skincare routine that would give modern men the creeps...

I am still waiting for the part on the immortal Faithlings to enlighten me why this villain is called popsicle man.

And I didnt know that Kwak Dong Yeon is in Moonlight @partyon @Jillia  !     suddenly my eyes opened big!

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I feel like I need to rewatch TMOPB... but when?! :lol: But you're spot on about the drama. I also love the music...

I honestly only watched TMOPB after listening by chance to a clip that passed by my FB feed. Needless to say that particular BGM of TMOPB is my favourite. :lol: 

I guess that also answers one of the questions for me. The OSTs/BGMs should "hypnotize" me to watch, hahahaha!

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Unfortunately I couldn't include him in the abs poll, because he was only showing his back. It's still a nice view, though....

side effect of saeguk long hair is that none of them ever get their hair wet. instead, they sit in some tub showing off their back. tsk, tsk, you can't have shower angst scene. you also can't see them swimming furiously in the pool either... has anyone seen a tub angst scene? :joy:

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

side effect of saeguk long hair is that none of them ever get their hair wet. instead, they sit in some tub showing off their back. tsk, tsk, you can't have shower angst scene. you also can't see them swimming furiously in the pool either... has anyone seen a tub angst scene? :joy:

There are, even with the female leads with equally long hairs. :D

Wet hair from swimming  - TMOPB

Wet hair from rains - TMOPB and ELOD

Tub scene with angst scene - ELOD :lol:

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

There are, even with the female leads with equally long hairs. :D

Wet hair from swimming  - TMOPB

Wet hair from rains - TMOPB and ELOD

Tub scene with angst scene - ELOD :lol:

As a sageuk newbie, I have no idea what the acronyms stand for....?

Also, pics please! :D

@partyon @Jillia @Sleepy Owl  the saguek beauties!   Wow!   Show us more please ...  I really love their costumes, accessories on the females and even the accessories on males!

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't know with the others, but the ones I've watched, their long hair moves with them like poetry during fight scenes. :lol: Definitely shampoo commercial worthy.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
with due respect to the actor, I just cannot forget him.  Thanks @Jillia for the link / YT - sure a lot of hard work.  

Haha @Min2206 no worries, when the right time comes, we will tell you why he is Popsicle Man. You may even figure it out yourself when you realize it :D

@partyon I watched Rookie Historian although I dropped it halfway. I lost interest in it although CEW was so handsome in there. There were also quite a number of criticism with this drama too if I recall correctly. 

@Sleepy Owl talking about FL in saeguk dramas, this one has to be one of my favorite:

1280px-Moon_Chae-won_at_The_Princess'_Ma

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

As a sageuk newbie, I have no idea what the acronyms stand for....?

Also, pics please! :D

Oops, sorry, the acronyms were the titles. 

TMOPB - Ten Miles of Peach Blossom

ELOD - Eternal Love of Dream

Pics...I think the tub scenes' trailer is better. :lol:

Archived