[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Just noticed something in this series...
Why is it Choi Myung-hee is always eating when she is not busy "killing" people. Even Jang Joon-woo is not eating as always as Choi MH. Just couldn't help noticing it.   
It's cool how JHS is "teaming" with Vincenzo. Like how he asks Vincenzo to shoot him so he can have evidence that he's not in cahoot with Vincenzo.
I am caught up to Ep 18 already and having to wait for another week to catch Ep 19 then Ep 20...finger crossing it will have a good ending.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

37 minutes ago, jojoanna said:

Why is it Choi Myung-hee is always eating when she is not busy "killing" people. Even Jang Joon-woo is not eating as always as Choi MH. Just couldn't help noticing it.  

This is such an interesting observation. This writer is so well-known for his religious metaphors and symbolisms. I mean he named the evil conglomerate in this show Babel. hehe...I wouldn't even be surprised if the writers wanted to convey, not only CMH's greed for money but to portray her as a glutton as well. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, jojoanna said:

I can't make sure whether she always eats when she's not killing or not. But at the special episode the actress is asked the question : eating is MH's trademark. while eating is she actually planning for a murder/destroying others? The actress herself says that the eating act symbolizes predator eating its prey. That it is inevitable that the strong one will destroy and eat up the weak one. (Take it with a grain of salt since i'm not fluent in korean. I count on the written korean caption, google translate and my own interpretation)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Just finish watching ep18, at least it still gave us hope on the romance side between those two... phew...

Now, as for the earlier part of the show, like why the need to kill the two Interpol police? I assume he did kill them? Wouldnt it actually launched an international manhunt for vincenzo?:huh:

As for the gold.. glad that its out... now who took it out is the question... though the clue given by the monks, that they always go out and beg for food outside - i hope they didnt donate it others.. haha.. that would be such a climax of the drama.. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Now, as for the earlier part of the show, like why the need to kill the two Interpol police? I assume he did kill them? Wouldnt it actually launched an international manhunt for vincenzo?:huh:

He didnt actually killed the interpol police, the part where he shoot them was just the story Han Seo told JW and Wusang, in reality he gave the interpol police secret files related to Paolo crimes in Italy as a barter for his freedom.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

He didnt actually killed the interpol police, the part where he shoot them was just the story Han Seo told JW and Wusang, in reality he gave the interpol police secret files related to Paolo crimes in Italy as a barter for his freedom.

---

Ah i see, thanks for the clarifiaction. :)

Its good to see the younger Jang brother is trying to be good....  after years of abuse by his half brother, and funnily, wanting Vincenzo has his older brother figure...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jojoanna said:

Why is it Choi Myung-hee is always eating when she is not busy "killing" people. Even Jang Joon-woo is not eating as always as Choi MH. Just couldn't help noticing it.   .

the actress explained it in one of the specials. She says is symbolizes the strong eating the weak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Idk. I kinda understand those on Twitter who say that V may inadvertently be the one to hurt CY somehow. Someone hurts CY, V's need for revenge continues. He accidentally hurts her, he'll realize he needs to come back to Earth because revenge isn't everything.

But I can also see how maybe one Babel is taken down, then V's need for revenge will calm down since he will have gotten his revenge.

I can see either happening, especially with all those times CY has said something that seems like a foreshadowing of V being the one to hurt her... I'm preparing myself just in case an accident does happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chuu18 said:
Please tell me if this theory makes sense because it does to me! How the story ties back to the first few scenes in episode 1. Or maybe I am wrong hmm

It makes perfect sense since now the golds and the file have been secretly move out. A perfect trap should Han Seok try to get them without knowing they're already gone which could link towards the beginning of the 1st episode

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote tweets that contain images. Thanks!
  • Like 1

Who here believe our lovable Inzaghi will be the savior to Vincenzo again in the final episode.   It's ironic that he brought karmas to almost every Italians who came to Korea to kill Vincenzo.  I predict Paolo will the next victim of the pigeon mafia once he lands in the country to deal his step brother and Luca would get along much better with the bird compare to our consigliere  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

BTS of ep. 17 and 18

Aah.. the way SJK just casually give his jacket to JYB for her to hold. :blush: 

The director laugh is so contagious!

Last week it was Luca who create an uproar, now its the Actor who played the Italian Chef

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, raziela said:

I guess he decided to start drinking espresso so he feels closer to Vincenzo whilst he is gone haha!  He was really like their son  bawling about Vincenzo leaving and Mama Cha Young was giving him tissues and telling him to be a brave boy and say goodbye to Papa Vincenzo:lol::lol::lol:

:D Meanwhile, Vincenzo takes a stash of instant coffee to bring to Italy, the home of where coffee is good LOL 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

@mystic62 - not familiar with SK wedding traditions, but they look like they could be in work uniforms.

There are more romantic breadcrumbs in the BTS video than in ep 17 and 18. face+palm

It's the Italian traditional wedding. To the people, it's a sacred sacred moment which why there are guards with the honks to show the appreciation 

Vincenzo: Episode 17

by quirkycase

Vincenzo17-00169.jpg

Our lead’s grief sends him on the warpath, eager to dole out vengeance in the way he knows best. As he takes on Babel with renewed resolve, he’s supported by his tenant family who is ready to go all-in on this fight. But, as always, there are crosses and double-crosses thrown into the mix that add a layer of unpredictability on both sides of this dangerous game.

EPISODE 17

Vincenzo enters the villa with a vengeance. After he kills the man who murdered his mother, he trains his gun on each person in the room. They panic when he fires off several shots around them.

Everyone cowers while Vincenzo calmly says that killing his mother was both evil and foolish. He’d let them live until now because it’d be a hassle to kill them, but they’ve just sealed their deaths.

He calms them as they scream and whimper, saying that he won’t kill them today. Instead, he vows to give them two things: humiliation and a slow, agonizing death. Vincenzo orders them to “clean up the trash” and warns them against pinning the man’s death on him.

Vincenzo has one last order of business before he leaves. Joon-woo scrambles back as Vincenzo advances. To give him a taste of what’s to come, Vincenzo shoots him in the ear.

Once he’s finished, Vincenzo goes to see his mother’s body. He breaks down sobbing, resting his bloody hand on her forehead, and finally calls her “Mom.”

All the tenants show up in support at the funeral, after which Cha-young accompanies Vincenzo to Kyung-ja’s grave. Vincenzo feels like her death is his fault, but Cha-young argues he brought joy back into his mother’s life, even if it was for a brief time. Vincenzo confesses that he already misses her and breaks down in tears. Cha-young pats his back while he cries.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/vincenzo-episode-17/

• Thanks 1

Hanseo you baby. The scene in episode 17 where HanSeo was happily skating after Vincenzo left the skating rink (after he tripped HanSeo) was so cute, like a happy child after getting a pat for doing something good. That scene sold me that he was on V’s side.

And also after joining V’s side, his whole look has changed, his hair is always down with Vincenzo and the pin in his tie is also gone. The details in Vincenzo are so good. It’s like he no longer feels  suffocated by HanSeok knowing he has Vincenzo on his side. 

I’ve been following Vincenzo Twitter stans these past few weeks to get me through the break but sometimes I wonder if we’re watching the same show. The theories and predictions are so implausible and some are too funny to believe, lol. Even with the whole wedding theory, Vincenzo and Chayoung haven’t even confessed their feelings to each other and people are already predicting a wedding, LOOOL. Chayoung is carrying that whole relationship since Vincenzo has made almost no effort at all to tell her he likes her. I’d be glad if I get just a confession but a whole RickRoll'D wedding, I’d die. But there’s also a lot of info and nice discussions so it makes up for it.

I was so glad when V decided to stay. Mr Nam was right in saying V’s two week stay would turn to 4 weeks or more. Hell, that’s what happened in this whole show; V was supposed to stay only one month in Korea, now it’s been more than 2 months. He was supposed to kill Babo as soon as he found out his real identity but he changed tactics and wanted to make him pay first. If he had actually left, it would take longer to return since it really is a war (I’m not sure what Chayoung was thinking saying it wasn’t, I guess she was trying to comfort Mr Nam). He was going to have to make the Luciano family pay for killing his mafia friends, then the whole succession thing with Paolo - who would be the new boss and so on. Writing it now now, V going back to Italy could make a whole season 2. I wonder how he took care of it. Saturday, please come soon. 
It seems the guemga tenants will find out about the gold in episode 19. How else can Miri and the monks explain the thugs attacking them? I wonder what all their reactions will be and how Vincenzo will actually share the gold. It also seems the kingmaker dude really brought all those thugs to get the gold out of the basement. There were more than 15 thugs in the temple so he really wanted to get the gold out that same night, too bad he didn’t factor our Vinnie in the equation!

We’ll be getting a court scene too and I hope V finally kills Prosecutor Jung,he’s annoying me now.

Is this the first time an ost has been released before the ost was played in the drama?? I was so waiting for I’m always by your side but it was a no show.

Saturday, please come soon. I don’t know what I will do after Vincenzo ends!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1