[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

Perhaps this is why they rewrote things??? Originally no romance, but seeing the chemistry and fan reaction, perhaps yes? 

Come on....multiple synopses for the show said "VC goes to Korea and falls in love CY". Like...they planned this from the start, else where did the synopses come from? They've been inserting blatantly romantic scenes in every since the first finger flick in episode 5. If they didn't intend to give us romance, then don't tease us and half-RickRoll'D it.

bangs head against wall.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

Come on....multiple synopses for the show said "VC goes to Korea and falls in love CY". Like...they planned this from the start, else where did the synopses come from? They've been inserting blatantly romantic scenes in every since the first finger flick in episode 5. If they didn't intend to give us romance, then don't tease us and half-RickRoll'D it.

bangs head against wall.

Yeah but I mean the direction of it, like it could have been just brief scene at the end, but now more expanded? Don't want to raise any hopes, but why else would they suddenly take a break?

• Like 3

Actually I have seen this stuff in dramas before...build up chemistry, flirting scenes, get people shipping and waiting for those moments in the episodes for the first 7 or 9 episodes and then just drop it.  

It’s a ploy to get and people watching without committing to a love line and It’s  cheap and dishonest. 

Either make a real love line or make it absent entirely! 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Actually I have seen this stuff in dramas before...build up chemistry, flirting scenes, get people shipping and waiting for those moments in the episodes for the first 7 or 9 episodes and then just drop it.  

It’s a ploy to get and people watching without committing to a love line and It’s  cheap and dishonest. 

Either make a real love line or make it absent entirely! 

This is the sure fire way to make me never watch anything that the writer is attached to ever again. I have a few writers "never again" listed because of similar things. Fool me once, shame on you and never gonna happen again.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, itsmeash said:

I'm not ready for a fake death... I just hope he keeps CY in the loop.

Nah. I have been waiting for this. Now that V fake-died, I need CY to step up her game. Maybe CY will be the one to ruin Babel. Hopefully. I love her antics and everything, but I want to see badass CY. I wouln't call her useless, but her contribution so far has been painfully mild. I was promised to get a highly intellegent and intuitive female lawyer, so much that she was considered an ace at Wusang even when she's still very young. But I don't think the show delivered. Idk. I just hope the writer would give her more to do.

I may be a minority here, but I was not a fan of the famous inzhagi scene. I mean, why? What's the point of that? Just to induce laughter? But they could have used that moment to show CY's instinct or whatever. Instead, they pulled the birdies sheet. Sigh.

That was my second dissapointment so far. First when VC turned out to be completely oblivious about Hanseok's identity. And then the inzhagi stuff. I just hope I wouldn't be disappointed for the third time.

2 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

VC and CY will never be together,

I'm not worried about this, since I think it's gonna be a part of V's healing. V still considered himself unworthy of being loved, and that needs to change so he can really be healed. I'm just worried about HOW the writer is gonna pull this. If they give us that lame staring across the room scene, then I'm gonna troll the writer and director for the rest of their lives :evilelmo:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

^^ I mean, animals are very smart. I like to think of it as similiar to the pigeons from Home Alone 2 and how devoted they were to the Pigeon Lady.

After giving it some thought, I've come to the conclusion... If this is all a ruse and if Vincenzo did not tell CY what’s going to happen like some theories suggest, then I demand that the second CY sees him again and finds out he is actually alive she slaps him and tells him to never pull that crap on her again or else.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

- Episode 17 was another rollercoaster.  About that ending: at first I was angry about being fooled by Han Seok but now I think after reading various comments especially @leeriiin he and Vincenzo have a plan.  

- I knew Vincenzo wouldn't kill the Babel baddies but it was satisfying seeing them grovel and Han Seok's pain when Vincenzo shot his hear. 

- very beautiful and sad send-off at the beginning of the episode for Vincenzo's mother.  SJK's acting was heartbreaking.  I'm glad he had CY and his new family by his side.  Now we know why CY was crying when she read the note with the scarf.  Vincenzo even put Bungeoppang on her grave  :bawling:

- the tenants looked fantastic in their new Cassano family outfits.  Love that they were there for vincenzo at the funeral and being bad RickRoll'D supporting him with the plan.

- I didn't quite understand the purpose of the Babel party/bomb threat scene until Vincenzo killed the henchman.  Nothing like showing how serious you are by killing a man in front of them:o

- so relieved the Director of the international Security Intelligence Service was on their side all along.  Mr Cho's entrance was so extra.  We already know Mr An and the Director are extra so clearly it is part of the requirements to work there :lol:

(P.S. Did anyone notice the little inside joke when the Director said he was going to beat Kim Hui Won and Park Jae Bum.  They are the PD and writer of the drama :lol::lol::lol:)

- There was too little Cha Young this episode:tears: Felt like aside from the scene where she was conflicted about the murder of the killer she didn't have much to do or many lines.  Good thing the preview shows she will be a lot more active next episode.

- Same with lack of Mr Nam and Jipuragi trio moments:tears:

- I know Han Seung-hyuk is a cowardly, yellow-bellied snake but he makes me laugh so much.  Jo Han chul's snivelling, sneaky coward acting is so en pointe.  I also like his sneaky bromance with Han Seo. 

On 4/24/2021 at 7:20 AM, TheaN said:

Taec takes a walk through the sets.

Thanks for posting! It is so fun seeing the sets and I he has such a likeable personality.:relaxed:

15 hours ago, agenth said:

#Did VC forget about the second henchman`? The one who was now killed by Fake Prosecutor. I dont know why he ran back to her, he could have just left the country instead of becoming a stooge again. 

He knew the second henchman would go running back to Myung Hee and Myung Hee being Myung Hee would deal with him.  That way Vincenzo kills two birds with one stone without having to get his hands dirty with the second and keeps his promise to Cha Young.  The henchman couldn't leave the country without help.  Unlikely he has any money and he must have prior convictions.

15 hours ago, itsmeash said:

I get that. I'd probably be shocked at first, too. But then take in to consideration V's mafia life and the murder the guys committed and I'd understand. They were cruel killing CY's father, and V was cruel back. The kindergarten phrase comes to mind, "treat others how you want to be treated." Also, eye for an eye. In this case, life for a life.

** ً on Twitter: "adding this to the list of most iconic walks in kdrama history #Vincenzo #VincenzoEp17 https://t.co/mcPRgg2q85" / Twitter

Agreed.  He just hasn't shown it as much but with his Mafia background we know Vincenzo has the capacity for cruelty.

I loved the styling for Geumga Plaza-Cassano family.  Glad we got an iconic catwalk to enjoy their looks :glasses:

14 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Yes, i was shocked at the death of the bomb-strapping guy... CY was clearly disturb, who wouldnt?...

One would have thought that they had become friends after helping V did some nasty things... and to end their lives just like that seemed cruel... yes yes, they did kill CY's father... but CY probably has forgiven them.. sigh.. 

CY hasn't forgiven them.  In episode 11 she says to Vincenzo that she hates dealing with them because she can't forget what they did which is when Vincenzo promises to get rid of them once they have served their purpose.  If you look at her body language when she is in the room with them in this episode you can tell she is very uncomfortable.  However, definitely don't think she was expecting Vincenzo to get rid of them in sucha  brutal fashion which is why she is so conflicted.

14 hours ago, tiMadam said:

preview for 18

Thank you for posting.  No sign of Vincenzo in the preview.  They definitely want to keep us on our toes.  Is that Mr Cho running?

13 hours ago, mystic62 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tomorrow, Luca will return on screen in Korean helping Vincenzo who is in top shape at Geumsa law firm so Vincenzo is fine.

@mystic62

Spoiler

LOL!  Luca really gave out a lot of big spoilers:lol:

12 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

I just hope that Han Seo hasn't really betrayed Vincenzo and they are working together in some crazy idea for making an escape.  When he tried to call him "hyung" before, his feelings seemed sincere.

And regarding Cha Young, I understand her shock when Vincenzo killed the guy. Hating your father's killer is a thing and becoming involved with killings yourself is another one, and a path with no return. Maybe this makes her think about the distance between Vincenzo and her, because as much as she enjoys fighting out of the law, I doubt she wants to become an assassin...and this will always separate them. Not sure if they will end up running away together or with a prospect of a future together. In any case, I'm fine with this romance being subtle and a bit in the background, because with so much violence and revenge going on it would be a bit jarring that they focus on it now. I'd rather prefer that they hint at a future together in the finale, but after all the action and vengeance end.

Agreed with both points.  If Han Seo was faking then he is a superb actor and takes best-actor-who-isn't-an-actor title from actress-lawyer Cha Young lol:lol:

I totally agree with how Cha Young felt seeing her father's murderer killed. She managed to find determination after she thought about her father's dead body but I still don't think she was exactly comfortable about it. Also even if she was OK with the abstract idea of him being killed; it is very different to seeing him blown up alive in front of her eyes.

Personally, I don't even need overt romance but I do wish the drama would give them some time to bond and talk again like it did in the middle episodes. I want to see them address Vincenzo nightmares especially as episode 17 confirms he killed someone in front of their child, about Vincenzo lying about killing. I also want more insight into CY's feelings: talking about her own experiences with both her parent's death, having no friends and family, CY's feelings about him killing. I don't mind subtle romance and I didn't expect romance to be the focus but I thought after THAT  kiss we would get a little development. Now there are only three episodes left and so much to tie up in the main plot that I don't know where they will fit in more CenCha.  

12 hours ago, mystic62 said:

I wonder what the monk said Vincenzo during their meeting that made him smile as he walked away.  It seems he knows the gold is under his temple and he lets in his secret that we might find out in tomorrow episode

i am so curious.  Maybe they know or he told them  and Vincenzo will move the gold out so Babel can't get hold of it?

• Like 4

Damn they really gave us hope for Han Seo and took it away all in one episode. Was that bromance scene to show what could have been? I’m still hoping against all odds that it’s V’s plan and they were both faking it. Also can someone get rid of Choi Myunghee already? I can’t put into words how much her existence irritates me. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Enjoy watching some interpretation video from the korean audience. (There's eng sub cc in this video). Some good points here.

Main point discussed in video: 

- He dissect the scene Han Seo looking at pictures of Vincenzo and his bro to see who he should choose to side with. Junwoo mention Elizabeth Holmes as an innovator, the author here explain who is Elizabeth Holmes - she's basically a scam, coming up with an idea of attracting investors with nothing. But Junwoo believes Elizabeth Holmes is innovative, shows Junwoo's mindset of running business. Han Seo after his encounter with vincenzo and did some studies, seem to know who is Elizabeth Holmes now and may develop a different approach for leading babel. 

- The shooting scene could be a ploy to get Vincenzo to stay in Korea due to threatening injuries (they can't deport him if he's injured). 

• Like 8

so i know everyone is on edge right now. but honestly, all i can think about now is that tomorrow is when the new VCY love line song comes out and i’m just over here going, “please be romantic.. please!! i need it!!!!!!!”

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

The story is about a mafia who has just lost his home and family (his mafia dad and italy), planning to isolate himself somewhere far with enough penny for the rest of his life without being attached to anyone, living in the painting or doodle on the wall just like what CY said. But at the process of obtaining the penny he discoveres greater treasure which are family and home through Hong Yu Chan and Hong Cha Young. HYC sets the foundation but it is CY who becomes the door for him to find both home and family. CY is inseparable in VC's arc. But it is also fact that romance is not the main theme here, it's a device to get to the main theme, hence i believe that we'll see progress in the romance part although i agree it may be just a minor moment.

Besides everytime new osts are out there is always new development in VCY dynamics and we already got info that new ost titled I will always be with you with the family photo as the cover will be out at tonight's episode. So let's just have faith in Park Jae Bum. Speaking of PJB i love how he lowkey disses himself and kim hee won PD through the NIS director. Is he mockering us whenever we're enraged at social media platform everytime we have dissatisfactions? Nice one Mr. Writer.

Lots of people mentioned this on twitter and here as well. How CY is still shaken witnessing the murder by her own eyes. If i see this scene weeks ago i will be in my defensive protective mother mode towards CY thinking that V is inconsiderate of CY's feelings. But now i understand that CY is capable of handling it. She's shocked for sure, she doesn't feel the sweetness in the phrase sweet revenge, but she understands that it is necessary and she needs to be "cold" in this fight because what she faces is evil, a sign of weak heart can overturn the table and cost even more innocent lives. For me flashes of HYC's death show how she tries to relive that moment, feel the rage and grief she felt that day to make her heart stronger after witnessing the death of her dad's murderer. Besides that murder is necessary in a sense to infuse real fear towards the people at the conference room. They already suspect it's just a fake bomb. But after seeing the death they realize how serious this thing is and this ease out the way for them to blackmail the government officials there because they know what the cassano family is doing is not a mere joke.

Now the episode ending. At this point it's hard to read whether it's just another planned plot of V and HS or HS really betrayed V. On one side i cant believe he's so dumb thinking that he can go against V after witnessing how cruel and frightening V can be. But then the possibility is there if we consider that he has also found that lawyer (now prosecutor) Han is now backed up by power greater than his abusive brother.  For now i believe the latter.

i forgot to mention the tear. The single tear he shed. That is what makes me believe it's not planned or maybe HS plans it himself to save V but he doesn't tell V about it. But what could possibly trigger the tear? He probably thought of CY at that moment and the thought of her at that crucial moment led to the tear. So yes i'm manifesting at least confession will happen tonight. 

• Like 7

watching towards end of Ep 16 and I must say... That's the best part of entire Ep 16 
Vincenzo out to destroy...Let's give Ms Choi a slow gruesome death the worst kind she could ever imagine for the joy she gets from killing others...how could she be laughing drinking wine after "killing" Vincenzo's mother... Yes...she have Vincenzo's mother killed via orders from the nutcase Jang who without blink of an eye had his own father killed.  Gruesome indeed... No mercy and no heartbeat at all... Oh yes... better torture is having Jang torture Ms Choi slow gruesome and have that live telecast on national television.
Not much for torture killing or torture confession but I must say I enjoy watching Vincenzo smashed all those in his way as he follows the "released Jailbird" to Jang's residence
Wow...Amazing Beginning of Ep 17...Good Aim Vincenzo...but don't you think just shooting Jang's ear is too lame...could have shot somewhere more vital...oh yes...cruelty sets in...kkkkkkk
Just got to share this...No matter how cruel Vincenzo can be...his facial expression is still soft gentle looking compared to Jang JW/HS whose facial expression even when smiling emits terror and blood in layman term "ugliness in the thousand degree"
Let's see how the whole storyline ends...

I am hoping this Vincenzo Series has a good ending because many series I have watched have good solid beginning and middle but ending was rushed and disappointing

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

so i know everyone is on edge right now. but honestly, all i can think about now is that tomorrow is when the new VCY love line song comes out and i’m just over here going, “please be romantic.. please!! i need it!!!!!!!”

If we don't get romantic development in tmrw's episofe, imma give up and delete my expectations for my own sanity.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I'm definitely thinking it was planned out. HS is clearly smart. He knows V is the side to choose if he wants to keep living because choosing his brother's side will not work out for him. He's already searched up Elizabeth Holmes (that's who han seok mentioned right??) and knows his brother is being fake sincere/nice to him. His best bet is siding with V if he ever wants to escape the long life of abuse he's dealt with at the hands of his abusive brother.

Not to mention, V is also too smart to be betrayed like that. This is obviously a ruse to keep V from being arrested and is a part of HS's redemption arc from what bad he has done in the show before.

I will honestly be surprised if it was a true betrayal.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

If we don't get romantic development in tmrw's episofe, imma give up and delete my expectations for my own sanity.

Honestly i'm in the same boat. if nothing happens tomorrow, it's safe to say it won't at all because 19/20 will be much too focused on taking down Babel completely. Not sure where anymore build up would fit in.

Fingers crossed though that once again a new VCY song that's meant to explain their love line will lead to good things. The lyrics will likely tell us all we need to know about if we have hope or not left.

26 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

i forgot to mention the tear. The single tear he shed. That is what makes me believe it's not planned or maybe HS plans it himself to save V but he doesn't tell V about it. But what could possibly trigger the tear? He probably thought of CY at that moment and the thought of her at that crucial moment led to the tear. So yes i'm manifesting at least confession will happen tonight. 

Blank shot or not, that's still extremely painful. It's possible the single tear was a "darn this hurts," tear.

EDIT:

My extended take on the ending...

V needed to fake his death and HS needed to make himself seem more powerful than his brother so his brother will fear him instead. HS "kills" V, something his brother couldn't even do. Now he's someone more feared than abusive brother.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

I hope VC takes down Babel Group and fullfil his revenge in ep.18, cause lets face it, its been prolonged far too long, and to be honest JW and his crew is not that bright of a villain anyway, but I get that VC wants to give them the worst death possible and all the corrupted power around them.

Perhaps in 19 and 20, VC will go back to Italy to settle score with Paolo, and for the love of God, they need to confess their feelings. I hope the release of the new OST will be a good sign of progress in their relationship

As I rewatch ep 17, somehow I am more convinced that HS and VC staged the whole thing, perhaps its related to the whole meeting with the monks that was not shown? Maybe he settled the gold issues already?

• Like 5