[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

44 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

5. Friends? FRIENDS? Did CY just freakin friendzone VC?

To be honest it seemed like she wanted to share closeness with him, only they were always surrounded by people. First the paralegal, then Luca. 

I do still hold out hope that there will be a shippy ending. 

Love this song. John Park for the win!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

57 minutes ago, c Cinc said:

If I am not mistaken, CY translated Aristotle's "Friends are two bodies with one soul" quote into Italian. That quote is a well-known, "I am sorry, but you are friendzoned" quote. hehe ...That's why the writers succeeded in making me believe that they both did not want to pursue a romantic relationship.

Sorry to cut your post short. 

but oh no! I always thought it was Love is two souls and one body and that this quote is for soulmates! But I googled it now and I stand corrected *cant watch* that sounds like friendzoneeeee. Noooooo! 

I wonder if the friend zone bothered Vincenzo also enough to come back hehehe 

but on a serious note him coming back and the kiss they had though fake, all the watching each other longingly throughout the series there can’t be no love line for sure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Mouth echoes friends but heart says love. I take Cha Young’s Italian line is yet another way of suppressing her feelings. She feels a certain way for him but holds back from expressing it. But to let him know that she cares, she expresses about their friendship. They do have a strong friendship but they also have love which they aren’t quite ready to pursue. Been listening to the new ost and it’s giving me very positive feelings about their relationship. It’s such a lovely song. Hoping we get confession episode 19 and a full episode 20 of VCY in a relationship! Please!! 

• Like 4

I refuse to believe they wrote that song and say the song is about VinCha's love line if it's not romantic. That song is romantic AF. No darn way do we not get them being romantic officially by time the series ends. I will legit jump off my roof if they stay platonic. Just no way are they platonic soulmates. 

VinCha in a nutshell, tell me I'm wrong. I won't believe it...

“If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first loveprotect each other like siblings, it’s meant to be.”

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

I refuse to believe they wrote that song and say the song is about VinCha's love line if it's not romantic. That song is romantic AF. No darn way do we not get them being romantic officially by time the series ends. I will legit jump off my roof if they stay platonic. Just no way are they platonic soulmates. 

I will personally throw the writer off the roof if they don't give us a proper Chayenzo endgame next weekend.

I really got clowned badly this weekend. I was willing to bet $$$ that the OST meant we would get big romantic moment in episode 18.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, screwyupsidedown19 said:

I think Vincenzo will end with VC and HCY together. There were scenes where they were interrupted & something more might have happened. I felt like the handshake was fitting as they were parting ways. Also it was quite clear how she felt about him. You saw him come back for her and it just felt like the writer was trying to make it more dramatic. Too much negativity folks!

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

VinCha in a nutshell, tell me I'm wrong. I won't believe it...

“If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first loveprotect each other like siblings, it’s meant to be.”

I so agree with both of you @screwyupsidedown19 and itsmeash.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raynaa said:

ughhh I think the episode was confusingggg and not clear at all with what it wanted to show and not intentionally at that, seems like a rushed shoot instead!

Agree with the rushed shooting affect the quality of the story. For me the biggest weakness is how the NIS director is actually in V's side all along. If we put in timeline

Ep 13 : babel tower auction, NIS director presents at the auction, V and Mr. choi open the basement which results to V obtaining the guillotine file. At this point CY and Mr. Nam only know about the gold oblivious of the guillotine file

Ep 15 : V tells CY and Mr. Nam that he has the file

Ep 17 : flashback scene shows that V already told Mr. Ahn that he has the file, ask him to convince NISD to pretend to be on babel's side which then lead to Mr. Ahn having the deal with NISD. Note that V said those who know about him having the file are only CY, Mr. Nam and Mr. Ahn

The timeline messes up.

9 hours ago, itsmeash said:

They gave us THAT song today and then... a handshake... a HANDshake... a flipping handSHAKE... that's what we got... A HANDSHAKE....

Clowned and baited again. I hate it here right now. I really do. 

ALSO, Not only are we being clowned/teased/baited with VinCha... we're also being deprived of Cha Young in the recent episodes. W.T.F gives writer?? How is this fair to any of us?

Exactly my sentiment but then we ourselves are to blame for the expectation :D. For me i just want more CY, so it's a bit disappointing to see her less.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Well, ep. 18 was totally thrilling and I'm happy that Han Seo stayed on Vincenzo's side and now he's allowed to address him as "hyung". That boy is so cute.

Regarding Cha Young, I don't see why people are so shocked about what happened. Vincenzo travelling to Italy was a wake up call for her that he might disappear any moment, about how precarious is their "situation". So I understand that she wanted to put some emotional distance. Of course she couldn't do it well and in the end she couldn't help running to him in the airport and telling him someting, a veiled confession. And then, he decides to stay and comes back to save her when she's in great danger...could it be more romantic? I expect more insight on their feelings on next week's episodes and likely a more direct confession from both. And of course we will find out if they run away together or decide to separate. But this is a story about a villain and a criminal, even if he's charming and capable of love and good actions, so I wouldn't get my hopes high for a perfect happy ending.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

As one who thought that I would not like this type of drama, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm not understanding the big deal about the romance.  There is so much that has happened and kept me coming back, that I could care less if the two leads end up romantically involved.  I have appreciated learning about this genre, and I hope to see more like it.  I am not familiar with the lead actress but am a fan of SJK because I have not seen him in a role that did not suit him.  I'm good with the bad guy getting rid of the worse guy and all the tenants getting a share of that gold.  The End! 

:ok:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

As one who thought that I would not like this type of drama, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm not understanding the big deal about the romance.  There is so much that has happened and kept me coming back, that I could care less if the two leads end up romantically involved.  I have appreciated learning about this genre, and I hope to see more like it.  I am not familiar with the lead actress but am a fan of SJK because I have not seen him in a role that did not suit him.  I'm good with the bad guy getting rid of the worse guy and all the tenants getting a share of that gold.  The End! 

:ok:

Pretty much echoes my sentiments. I am looking forward to next weeks episodes! I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and all of the characters. I looove a good show that makes me care about various characters. I mean I literally awwwwed at out loud when VC referred to balloon guy as bro and let Han Seo feel close as well during their conversation. 

It has been a joy to watch VC allow himself to grow close to people while still firmly remaining who he is. Hate to see it end. 

• Like 4

A bit off topic here but while re-watching Vincenzo again, during a scene with lawyer Choi Myung Hee my mom comes up and says isn't that Song Hye Kyo? LMAO. This was my initial thought too when I started watching this but I thought I was the only one thinking this.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, c Cinc said:

If I am not mistaken, CY translated Aristotle's "Friends are two bodies with one soul" quote into Italian. That quote is a well-known, "I am sorry, but you are friendzoned" quote. hehe ...That's why the writers succeeded in making me believe that they both did not want to pursue a romantic relationship.

Hollllld up. That's Aristotle's Twin Flames theory, which is THE original soulmates theory in Western canon. It's not a friendzoned quote at all. I just finally paid closer attention to this. Netflix butchered the translation. If HCY was quoting Aristotle's Twin Flames to Vincenzo, then it's as big a declaration of love as you can get.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Well, ep. 18 was totally thrilling and I'm happy that Han Seo stayed on Vincenzo's side and now he's allowed to address him as "hyung". That boy is so cute.

I agree. The bromances he has developed are such comedic and heartwarming reprieve from all of the evilness going on. Not to mention, it humanizes Vincenzo.

14 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Regarding Cha Young, I don't see why people are so shocked about what happened. Vincenzo travelling to Italy was a wake up call for her that he might disappear any moment, about how precarious is their "situation". So I understand that she wanted to put some emotional distance. Of course she couldn't do it well and in the end she couldn't help running to him in the airport and telling him someting, a veiled confession. And then, he decides to stay and comes back to save her when she's in great danger...could it be more romantic? I expect more insight on their feelings on next week's episodes and likely a more direct confession from both. And of course we will find out if they run away together or decide to separate. But this is a story about a villain and a criminal, even if he's charming and capable of love and good actions, so I wouldn't get my hopes high for a perfect happy ending.

My sentiments exactly. It's the precariousness of their situation that is making it hard for the both of them to take the plunge. But, I really think that Vincenzo has learned his lesson from the regret he felt after losing his mom. I really think  that as he was looking at the pen that CY gave him, he realized that the same thing could happen. Hence, he got off the plane to be honest to both himself and cha young.

And, I agree, this ending will not be all moonlight and roses. We cannot deny the fact that both Vincenzo and HCY still acted above the law and there're consequences to face.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Another great episode with ep 18 and so many thoughts to discuss as always...but I have to say I am very disappointed by the lack of Cha Young screen time in episodes 17 and 18.  Of course I understand the focus will be on Vincenzo given the drama title but I don't understand why Cha Young has been sidelined so much these last couple of episodes.  Such a waste of an excellent actress like JYB.  

13 hours ago, Raynaa said:

Im a bit confused about the distance or wall between them it seems very abrupt and not in line with the story so far. I just wonder is they just had simultaneous shooting going on with Vincenzos scenes seperate and HCY and plaza residents scenes (coming in ep18) seperate and less scenes together as a result. And because of that the distance seems to exist but isn’t the writers intention?

Even the suicide bomber who was actually involved in her fathers killing when Vincenzo asked her she strongly answered she was okay with it even though she seemed upset. Was she upset because the situation was just overwhelming with everything going on rather than an ethical dilemma? Or are they showing the ethical dilemma as a simmering issue which will cause Vincenzo to leave the mafia world for HCY? But that contradicts what the scissor man advised Vincenzo. 

ughhh I think the episode was confusingggg and not clear at all with what it wanted to show and not intentionally at that, seems like a rushed shoot instead!

This is a good point.  it could be a purely logistical matter as they were speed shooting with a big cast, different locations on a tight timeline.  Thinking about it we had very few Jipurgi scenes this weekend.

Are they ever going to just talk again?  i don't think it is something that will keep them apart but I do think this "ethical dilemma" still needs to be addressed because these last two episodes have shown us even more of the darkness Vincenzo is capable of.  I hope they are not just going to sweep this under the carpet. 

10 hours ago, holyfea said:

But definitelly, HAN SEO is damn cuteeeeeeeee.. I cant.. i keep LOLing him.. After i saw his damage when playing ice hockey with his bang, he's now my another favorite screen stealer.. :w00t:

Kwak Dong Yeon is totally such a scene stealer as Han Seo.  This scene made me laugh so much:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: 

9 hours ago, ponderings said:

He and his demitasse cup! He's so cute! And the way he sobbed when Vincenzo was getting ready to leave. 

He's definitely one of my favorite side characters.

I guess he decided to start drinking espresso so he feels closer to Vincenzo whilst he is gone haha!  He was really like their son  bawling about Vincenzo leaving and Mama Cha Young was giving him tissues and telling him to be a brave boy and say goodbye to Papa Vincenzo:lol::lol::lol:

6 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

Mouth echoes friends but heart says love. I take Cha Young’s Italian line is yet another way of suppressing her feelings. She feels a certain way for him but holds back from expressing it. But to let him know that she cares, she expresses about their friendship. They do have a strong friendship but they also have love which they aren’t quite ready to pursue. Been listening to the new ost and it’s giving me very positive feelings about their relationship. It’s such a lovely song. Hoping we get confession episode 19 and a full episode 20 of VCY in a relationship! Please!! 

Same as my thoughts.  She isn't brave enough to tell him her feelings but she does reassure him of the depth of their friendship.  It is Vincenzo who will have to initiate if they are going to take the next step. It was also super cute she learned a phrase in another language just for him:blush: 

5 hours ago, windywind said:

https://philosiblog.com/2012/10/29/love-is-composed-of-a-single-soul-inhabiting-two-bodies/

“ A single soul inhabiting two bodies “ means love, not friends. 

I think her mistake was on purpose from the writer.  I hope Vincenzo will correct her next week and we will get our CenCha moment:fullofhearts:

The scene at the end of this episode 18 was a fantastic parallel to the first episode:

"In Episode 1, when Cha-young Hong was almost beaten by a man, Vincenzo saved him by shouting "Wait a minute"
 And in episode 18, when Cha-young Hong was almost beaten by a man, Vincenzo came to rescue him while shouting "Wait a minute"

Vincenzo book on the plane was called "How to Befriend a Bird"  Cha Young is his number one but after her he is most whipped for Inzaghi:lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Though they are entertaining to watch and carry their scenes well, its really strange that there was suddenly so much of Han Seo and Director Han in these two episodes. I don't think these two were intended to be the main side characters. I wonder if the director/producer saw that Geumga Plaza crowd didn't fulfill their potential, and hence, decided to do last minute changes instead. Even Han Seok, the real villain, seems to have reached a plateau where character-development is concerned. He got sidelined in these two episodes and all he was allowed to do was look angry, fume, plot and be frustrated again.

There was so much potential for the development of HCY and VC relationship but it seemed rushed. After his mother's death, all there was was the pat on the back by the stream. I am not sure why there was the need to bring Luca to persuade VC to go to Italy (for what?) and then a quick about turn. That story arc took all of 20 minutes. It was like they needed some tension but didn't have time to play it out. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

Hollllld up. That's Aristotle's Twin Flames theory, which is THE original soulmates theory in Western canon. It's not a friendzoned quote at all. I just finally paid closer attention to this. Netflix butchered the translation. If HCY was quoting Aristotle's Twin Flames to Vincenzo, then it's as big a declaration of love as you can get.

If I am not mistaken,CY indeed quoted Aristotle. If it is, the writers are indeed very smart to use such a philosophical line that could be  interpreted a multitude of ways. To me, that quote was never purely romantic. 

• Like 5