[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

1 hour ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Chayoung is carrying that whole relationship since Vincenzo has made almost no effort at all to tell her he likes her. I’d be glad if I get just a confession but a whole RickRoll'D wedding, I’d die. But there’s also a lot of info and nice discussions so it makes up for it.

I don't think this is necessarily correct. Their love languages are different. Chayoung's love language is words of affirmation (and maybe physical touch), so she's always declaring her intentions verbally or physically.

Vincenzo's love language seems to be acts of service (and maybe giving gifts) - staying in Korea to help her take down Babel, plotting the pig blood drop because she mentioned she wanted to see it, buying her that jewelry set, pressing the button on the bomb so she didn't have to bear that burden, and ultimately, getting off the plane for her. Maybe he is thinking to himself, "WTH, how much more obvious can I be?".

People just conflate expression of love with words and verbal declarations.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 7

“Vincenzo” And Song Joong Ki Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Lists For 3rd Week In A Row

2b1296912dd1447f998fa7c4194b2193.jpeg?s=

Apr 28, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Vincenzo” continues its reign over the list of most buzzworthy dramas this week!

For the third consecutive week, “Vincenzo” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly rankings of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

“Vincenzo” remained No. 1 for the week of April 19 to April 25, followed by KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” at No. 2, tvN’s “Mouse” at No. 3, and SBS’s “Taxi Driver” at No. 4.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of April are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Vincenzo”
  2. KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises”
  3. tvN’s “Mouse”
  4. SBS’s “Taxi Driver”
  5. tvN’s “Navillera”
  6. KBS 2TV’s “Sell Your Haunted House
  7. JTBC’s “Undercover”
  8. JTBC’s “Law School”
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Miss Monte-Cristo
  10. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters

“Vincenzo” also dominated this week’s rankings of most buzzworthy drama cast members, sweeping four out of the top 10 spots on the list. Song Joong Ki remained No. 1 for the third week in a row, followed by Kwak Dong Yeon at No. 3, Jeon Yeo Bin at No. 6, and 2PM’s Taecyeon at No. 9.

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of April are as follows:

1. Song Joong Ki (“Vincenzo”)
  2. Lee Seung Gi (“Mouse”)
  3. Kwak Dong Yeon (“Vincenzo”)
  4. Na In Woo (“River Where the Moon Rises”) 
  5. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver”)
  6. Jeon Yeo Bin (“Vincenzo”)
  7. Kim So Hyun (“River Where the Moon Rises”)
  8. Park In Hwan (“Navillera”)
  9. 2PM’s Taecyeon (“Vincenzo”)
  10. Jang Nara (“Sell Your Haunted House”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466478wpp/vincenzo-and-song-joong-ki-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists-for-3rd-week-in-a-row

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

On 4/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, bee_wannabe said:
Spoiler

I can't make sure whether she always eats when she's not killing or not. But at the special episode the actress is asked the question : eating is MH's trademark. while eating is she actually planning for a murder/destroying others? The actress herself says that the eating act symbolizes predator eating its prey. That it is inevitable that the strong one will destroy and eat up the weak one. (Take it with a grain of salt since i'm not fluent in korean. I count on the written korean caption, google translate and my own interpretation)

Very interesting!  Thanks for explaining about Myung Hee's eating

On 4/27/2021 at 4:08 AM, mystic62 said:
Spoiler

Who here believe our lovable Inzaghi will be the savior to Vincenzo again in the final episode.   It's ironic that he brought karmas to almost every Italians who came to Korea to kill Vincenzo.  I predict Paolo will the next victim of the pigeon mafia once he lands in the country to deal his step brother and Luca would get along much better with the bird compare to our consigliere  

:lol:I wonder what Inzaghi's disappearance in Episode 18 symbolises. I am sure there is a symbolic meaning behind Inzaghi and the evolution of their relationship.  He and Vincenzo have become closer and closer as Vincenzo becomes more and more comfortable in Korea. When Vincenzo decides to leave for Italy (temporarily), Inzaghi doesn't come to the window.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, ponderings said:

:D Meanwhile, Vincenzo takes a stash of instant coffee to bring to Italy, the home of where coffee is good LOL 

The most audacious PPL.  Imagine an Italian taking back a stash of instant coffee to the land of coffee culture. Italian customs officers will probably throw it away in disgust or arrest him for crimes against coffee:lol::lol::lol:

6 hours ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Hanseo you baby. The scene in episode 17 where HanSeo was happily skating after Vincenzo left the skating rink (after he tripped HanSeo) was so cute, like a happy child after getting a pat for doing something good. That scene sold me that he was on V’s side.

And also after joining V’s side, his whole look has changed, his hair is always down with Vincenzo and the pin in his tie is also gone. The details in Vincenzo are so good. It’s like he no longer feels  suffocated by HanSeok knowing he has Vincenzo on his side. 

HanSeo was so cute!  Good observation about Han Seo's styling now he has his new nice hyung, Vincenzo on his side.  The costume and hair team for this drama really deserve recognition because the way they have used styling to compliment the story is so masterful.  Vincenzo's  styling has also found a middle ground.  At the start he was always Mafia style unless he was at home.  Then for the middle episodes until his mother's death he seems to moving away totally from his Mafia styling with loose hair, less formal clothes.  Now his styling is a mix of both his Mafia styling and a slightly more relaxed style as he embraces both sides of himself.  SJK looks incredible in every scene of course:wub:

5 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

I don't think this is necessarily correct. Their love languages are different. Chayoung's love language is words of affirmation (and maybe physical touch), so she's always declaring her intentions verbally or physically.

Vincenzo's love language seems to be acts of service (and maybe giving gifts) - staying in Korea to help her take down Babel, plotting the pig blood drop because she mentioned she wanted to see it, buying her that jewelry set, pressing the button on the bomb so she didn't have to bear that burden, and ultimately, getting off the plane for her. Maybe he is thinking to himself, "WTH, how much more obvious can I be?".

People just conflate expression of love with words and verbal declarations.

I like that distinction about their love languages.  I might even say "touch" for Vincenzo because Vincenzo inadvertently touches Cha Young a lot^_^ but i do think Vincenzo will have to verbalise if their relationship will ever go anywhere beyond friendship and partnership.

Some Naver comments from this week translated cr: @spacedseas on Twitter

So nice reading all the positive comments:relaxed:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw an interesting video on Youtube questioning if the Italians viewers find it offended to the drama references to their cultures. They actually love them and find them hilarious.  They have absolutely no problem with the stereotypes and still love watching Vincenzo

• Thanks 1

Song Joong Ki Punishes 2PM’s Taecyeon Without Mercy In “Vincenzo”

e08f19094574407096c62cd0d9c0763f.jpeg?s=

Apr 30, 2021
by L. Kim

It’s time for the ultimate revenge in “Vincenzo”!

The tvN drama stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

After his mother’s death, Vincenzo’s mafia instincts woke up, and he began a merciless revenge against the villains. He started to eliminate every pawn that Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon) relied on, and Hong Cha Young and the residents of Geumga Plaza pitched in to help him topple Babel. Vincenzo went to Italy, and Jang Joon Woo went to prison to avoid danger without knowing that Vincenzo had planned the whole thing. Just when the residents of Geumga Plaza were threatened by the people who were after the guillotine file, Vincenzo appeared to save the day.

In the newly released stills, Vincenzo’s eyes are blazing with determination as he points a gun at Babel Tower, which Jang Joon Woo has cherished as the symbol of his successful cartel. Vincenzo will push Jang Joon Woo into a corner, and it will be exciting to watch his final plan unfold.

song-joong-ki-22.jpg

Spoiler

vincenzo-15.jpg

Jang Joon Woo will not easily back down without a fight. In the stills, his face is shadowed with rage, and his mouth is bloody as he lunges for something. The officers struggle to pull him back, but his eyes are wide with uncontrollable fury. Jang Joon Woo will go after Vincenzo who dared crush what he worked hard to build, and the final episodes will depict a thrilling showdown between the anti-hero and villain.

2pm-taecyeon-2.jpg

he drama’s production team hinted that the story will remain hot and strong until the end and added that viewers can look forward to the unpredictable twists.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1466674wpp/song-joong-ki-punishes-2pms-taecyeon-without-mercy-in-vincenzo

• Blob 1

I have tried to stay calm and excited for the ending, but all these hints is driving me nuts!

"Unpredictable twist?"

"Something Beyond our imaginations for ep. 19&20?"

1. We know that the gold and the guilotine file is no longer at the basement, and chances are the monks move them little by little everyday, but move them where?

2. We know that Vincenzo will destroy babel and killed JW and MH but how? Is JW the really the real final villain? Or there is a true villain behind this all? Someone that we are least expected (HS? one of the tenants?)

3. Will VC stay or leave Korea? 

4. What will happen to Cencha?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

1. We know that the gold and the guilotine file is no longer at the basement, and chances are the monks move them little by little everyday, but move them where?

2. We know that Vincenzo will destroy babel and killed JW and MH but how? Is JW the really the real final villain? Or there is a true villain behind this all? Someone that we are least expected (HS? one of the tenants?)

3. Will VC stay or leave Korea? 

4. What will happen to Cencha?

Sorry to cut your posts short:

my one theory about the gold is that it’s buried under the cross that Vincenzo helped the monk carry many episodes ago. So earlier the gold was protected by Buddha and now the cross.

I still do feel the final villain is someone else.

I don’t think that Vincenzo will be able to

leave Korea. Definitely not without HCY.

I really don’t know what happens to CenCha but I hope it’s a happy ending :) 

• Like 3

JYB doesn't post Vincenzo on her IG page much, sadly, but JYB finally posted some new and pretty Cha Young selfies on her IG Story

Spoiler

On 4/29/2021 at 6:39 AM, mystic62 said:

Jeon Yong Bin announced she'll be hosting an instagram chat after the final episode

https://www.instagram.com/p/COPIX-NJaeb/

:sweat_smile:Just a slight correction: JYB will not be hosting a chat. This is a fan account's plan to post congratulatory messages on her IG after the last episode 

6 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

I have tried to stay calm and excited for the ending, but all these hints is driving me nuts!

"Unpredictable twist?"

"Something Beyond our imaginations for ep. 19&20?"

Right! I really wasn't expecting any MAJOR twists or surprises. It is making me apprehensive. Should I be excited? Nervous? Scared? Happy? Sad? :idk:

For some reason I am really nervous about all the hot air balloon hints especially as Seok Do only gave Vincenzo one ticket. I really hope I am overthinking:fearful:

2 hours ago, Raynaa said:

Sorry to cut your posts short:

my one theory about the gold is that it’s buried under the cross that Vincenzo helped the monk carry many episodes ago. So earlier the gold was protected by Buddha and now the cross.

That's my theory too. That is why they have been going out begging for alms more than usual. They are secretly taking out the gold and hiding it in the Church. 

I thought this part from the ep 17-18 making video was so sweet! SJK and KDY helping Yoon Byung Hee (Mr Nam) as he doesn't know how to skate

@mystic62Happy news for SJK fans!:relaxed: I wonder if there will be English subs

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Aww!!!

7 hours ago, raziela said:

JYB doesn't post Vincenzo on her IG page much, sadly, but JYB finally posted some new and pretty Cha Young selfies on her IG Story

:sweat_smile:Just a slight correction: JYB will not be hosting a chat. This is a fan account's plan to post congratulatory messages on her IG after the last episode 

Right! I really wasn't expecting any MAJOR twists or surprises. It is making me apprehensive. Should I be excited? Nervous? Scared? Happy? Sad? 

For some reason I am really nervous about all the hot air balloon hints especially as Seok Do only gave Vincenzo one ticket. I really hope I am overthinking:fearful:

That's my theory too. That is why they have been going out begging for alms more than usual. They are secretly taking out the gold and hiding it in the Church. 

I thought this part from the ep 17-18 making video was so sweet! SJK and KDY helping Yoon Byung Hee (Mr Nam) as he doesn't know how to skate

@mystic62Happy news for SJK fans!:relaxed: I wonder if there will be English subs

Ok thank you for the correction @raziela

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote Tweets that contain images, gifs or videos. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

The pre-released scene, Vincenzo tells Han Seo that he will leave Korea once he settles everything. He’s wearing the same outfit as he was during his drink with Cha Young. Didn’t want the writer to go the route of noble idiocy but looks like he is. Instead of a confession, we will probably get Vincenzo telling Cha Young to distance herself from him for her own safety. I want to flip tables!! Just two episodes of romance is too much to ask for unfortunately. :bawling:

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, shinystar1985 said:

The pre-released scene, Vincenzo tells Han Seo that he will leave Korea once he settles everything. He’s wearing the same outfit as he was during his drink with Cha Young. Didn’t want the writer to go the route of noble idiocy but looks like he is. Instead of a confession, we will probably get Vincenzo telling Cha Young to distance herself from him for her own safety. I want to flip tables!! Just two episodes of romance is too much to ask for unfortunately. :bawling:

Dang it! I think if ever they gonna end up together it will probably in the very last minutes then.. I hope not..

If the theory that there will be final villain (the one that lurking in the dark), then many things will happen in the last two eps, and maybe romance will be push back.. but, hoping so hard for another kiss (not a goodbye kiss.. please. )

Maybe like many said, there will be time skip, he will have to leave Korea for awhile after he settles everything, then comeback to her.

Pre released scene

• Like 1
  • Sad 1