[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

Poor Dosan, can't catch a break lmao. He is prosaic, but very persistent;  but so far his endeavors all seemed to back fire lol, he's smart but take things far too literally.  I am psyched to see where the writer would take his character, as opposed to Ji Pyeong who seemingly have a hard shell but a total mush inside.  He never admits sentiment and is very quick to judge people and their plight. 

Question, I haven't seen the writer's previous works, it is pretty consistent or unpredictable? In the first few episodes, Ji Pyeong comes off really strong (makes you root for him) while Do san was more of a dull underdog.  And it looks like they are playing the cliched triangle (or maybe not? for all we know, Ji Pyeong's "no" could mean literally just it, but we'll see) which I hope they avoid all together.

Excited for what's to come...:handsup:

• Like 4

I can’t be the only one rooting for Han Ji Pyeong in the romantic triangle love story?

This drama interestingly set it up so that you buy into Ji Pyeong’s story right from episode 1.  It was a strong back story and beautifully told!  I find myself thinking he’s the lead, and not Do San, and I don’t mind his screen time at all.

Suzy is doing so well, I haven’t watched any of her works since Uncontrollably Fond but I’m happy to see her again.

Eps 3 Spoiler ahead

The car pick up scene as she leaves the networking party was so nicely directed with the OST in the background.  Anyone else squeal as he covered her head with his hand as she got in the car? Ahhh.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

I can’t be the only one rooting for Han Ji Pyeong in the romantic triangle love story?

This drama interestingly set it up so that you buy into Ji Pyeong’s story right from episode 1.  It was a strong back story and beautifully told!  I find myself thinking he’s the lead, and not Do San, and I don’t mind his screen time at all.

Suzy is doing so well, I haven’t watched any of her works since Uncontrollably Fond but I’m happy to see her again.

Eps 3 Spoiler ahead

The car pick up scene as she leaves the networking party was so nicely directed with the OST in the background.  Anyone else squeal as he covered her head with his hand as she got in the car? Ahhh.

Yeah, the writer seems to make it appear that way.  I am confused because why the hell they would set up Do San and Dal Mi together when it is obvious that Ji Pyeong is a better pick? lol Ji Pyeong seemed to have a soft core under that tough exterior and Do San seemed to fail to pick up the simplest social cues.  Argh.  It's too early to tell though, for all we know Dal Mi ends up single. Heh.  But you know, out of the four of them, it seems like Ji Pyeong was the only one who are successful career-wise but dang he has quite a temper.  In Jae, though she had quite an easy start, is back to the drawing board.  Dal Mi, still struggling to prove herself and Do San, being held far too high on the expectations by his parents just because he's smart.

Also both Suzy's and Nam Joo Hyuk's acting doesn't seemed to bother me considering I am partial to some actors who are really brilliant no matter what genre they are in.  I wish people would give the two a chance.  I have had enough of people complaining about Sun Ho and Ha Na being second fiddle to these two, well, they agreed to take on the roles, didn't they? Let's just enjoy the ride and see how the story unfolds.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hell59 said:

I am assuming, the sister from the stepfather?

But her wish card was "so i don't get chewed up like gum".  Also it's weird that they would show that card mysteriously (its too obvious) - I reckon they're going to introduce a new antagonist. I don't think Injae will serve as an adequate antagonist because at the end of the day "blood is thicker than water" but who knows

• Like 4

I don’t know if this has been discussed. Is Sandbox the idea of Dal Mi’s late father? Seems like CEO Yoon still went through with their fathers dream since he described to her that he would rather fall on sand than concrete and the logo is of a girl on. Swing. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, UPSGirl said:

Lmao.  That gangsta bling though.  I wonder what sort of commercials the cousin does because these are freaking hilarious but not so pro. LOL.

The one that is hilarious is actually toward the end haha with the fire thing and the shouting hahaha that kill his father expectation inside outside lmaoo

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I remember in one of the promotional photo, In Jae's stepfather is wearing a Sandbox tag.

Wondered if he joined the Sandbox committee to sabotage In-Jae's chance to start anew.

Maybe he is the antagonist, either to sabotage In-Jae or hither Samsan Tech :rubchin:

TBH, Dal-mi and In-Jae's mother is just being realistic, although she is complaining about the stepfather yet she still wanna hold onto him and even scolded In-Jae when she went to confront the stepfather.

But still I dislike the mother, because she is too selfish, only think for herself and the daughter are just her pawn 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

The one that is hilarious is actually toward the end haha with the fire thing and the shouting hahaha that kill his father expectation inside outside lmaoo

And on the bit where there were multiple Dosans in the background,  one was almost twerking omg! I can’t stop laughing, I cannot unsee that. Then the dorky ‘sniff’ he did in the end to make himself look cocky was epic lmao. :rickroll:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, ryanallright said:

I remember in one of the promotional photo, In Jae's stepfather is wearing a Sandbox tag.

Wondered if he joined the Sandbox committee to sabotage In-Jae's chance to start anew.

Maybe he is the antagonist, either to sabotage In-Jae or hither Samsan Tech 

TBH, Dal-mi and In-Jae's mother is just being realistic, although she is complaining about the stepfather yet she still wanna hold onto him and even scolded In-Jae when she went to confront the stepfather.

But still I dislike the mother, because she is too selfish, only think for herself and the daughter are just her pawn 

ooh good theory - you're actually probably spot on. I'm also thinking - do you remember when injae said "indifference is the best revenge to useless humans.." in response to the engineer guy's question on what to do re hate comments. Maybe the engineer guy wants revenge lol... or maybe injae has some crazy back story and actually did really love her biological father but was putting up with her step father in order to infiltrate his company or something.. lol my theories are getting wild

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, lmhpsh said:

IKR! I'm surprised too that this thread is not so active...with so many popular stars!

Also, can anyone clarify my doubt :grin:

there was a dialogue where Ji Pyung says to grandma that "what was the name of your granddaughter". But we see in an earlier scene that he remembers her name during the conference. Was he pretending to not remember her name??

i think he was pretending like he don’t care about her, and pretend that he is not even bother to remember her name. Maybe...

22 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I am really enjoying the first two episodes. What a great cast.

I do not understand why In-Jae has to be so mean to her sister, though. They made different choices, but I don't understand why In-Jae has to sneer and be cruel about Dal-Mi's scuffed shoes and the fact that she is less successful. She is your sister and she never did anything to hurt you, so... ? What's your problem?

When the father died, that was :tears::tears::tears:

Grandma is the best.

Omg, i think the same too.. she don’t have to be that mean!! I hate her, right from the start!

15 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

HAHAHAHAA omg this episode LOL

the Epilogue is crazy ahahahahahaha

that editing is so freaking funny LMAO i got a good laugh ahhahahaa

So In Jae will start fresh too in sandbox. i hope all 4 work together to bring samsan to stardom

I don’t understand why she join sandbox to start her business.. isn’t that she have the chaebol dad who she’s so proud of??? 

10 hours ago, UPSGirl said:

Yeah, the writer seems to make it appear that way.  I am confused because why the hell they would set up Do San and Dal Mi together when it is obvious that Ji Pyeong is a better pick? lol Ji Pyeong seemed to have a soft core under that tough exterior and Do San seemed to fail to pick up the simplest social cues.  Argh.  It's too early to tell though, for all we know Dal Mi ends up single. Heh.  But you know, out of the four of them, it seems like Ji Pyeong was the only one who are successful career-wise but dang he has quite a temper.  In Jae, though she had quite an easy start, is back to the drawing board.  Dal Mi, still struggling to prove herself and Do San, being held far too high on the expectations by his parents just because he's smart.

Also both Suzy's and Nam Joo Hyuk's acting doesn't seemed to bother me considering I am partial to some actors who are really brilliant no matter what genre they are in.  I wish people would give the two a chance.  I have had enough of people complaining about Sun Ho and Ha Na being second fiddle to these two, well, they agreed to take on the roles, didn't they? Let's just enjoy the ride and see how the story unfolds.

I love your thought on dosan’s parent which i never thought before.. great insight!! 

yes, people should give suzy and namjoohyuk a chance, they work hard for this! i love people like you.. thank you.

Its so funny to see Do San cosplaying steve jobs and parodying shia labeouf.

I love how people reaction at the award ceremony were not that bad. XD 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, UPSGirl said:

Actually i don't feel ji pyeong is a better pick compared to nam sodan..  each have their unique way in acting their roles.. besides if they were to swap roles.. the drama won't be as interesting as this:).. Every one got cranked up on that final scene on ep3.. haha.. so hilarious.. 

And i was having a second lead syndrome on ep1 and 2.. but ep3  really made me think otherwise:joy:..  gosh nam johyuk acting is topnotch..  and  dami× dosan chemistry is awesome..  i would rather ship the two second lead roles together..

• Like 6

I think I finally understand why the writer chose Nam Do San as a main lead though everything pointed to Han Ji Pyeong to be the one.

It’s the timing and missed opportunity.

People are saying HJP was the one who wrote the letters and that it was him who SDM fell in love with. That might be true - that he was her first love, but what people don’t seem to realise is that HJP missed the opportunity to pursue her. Though he wrote her back he never cherished her enough to keep in touch or to seek her out again. That’s his missed opportunity.

On the other hand NDS never knew SDM existed but her letters instantly touched his heart and he decided to help her even though he never met her and didn’t expect to get anything in return. Her words reached to him and he was honest with himself the moment he realised he liked her while HJP denied any feelings towards SDM straight away. When HJP realises he has fallen in love with her, it will be too late because he didn’t admit his feelings soon enough and didn’t pursue her while he was the only one. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2