[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Hi people,

It's been a while since I wrote on this forum.

Just finished watching the first episode sub and I liked it.

I didn't know mutch before the start of the episode about the drama exept an old synopsis and I was surprised by many things.

Warning :

Minor spoilers if you didn't see the first episode :

Spoiler

First is that Suzy and Kang Ha-na character are sisters (I didn't know at all).

The fact that we only hear of Nan Joo-Hyuk character and see him for the first time the last minutes.

We begin with Kim Sun-ho story instead of Nan joo-Hyuk and the fact is that it's him and suzy who have a "childhood relationship".

The back story with Sun-ho and the grandma.

We start the drama felling he is the main character.

I didn't know witch of the sister was the big one at the begining so I thought that maybe the dad suceed but the way he died, when is oldest daughter was literally leaving him while watching the picture on his phone.

You can easely hate the big sisterand I hope that change fast so that her character doesn't stay what I feel the weakest link in the first episode.

I juste hope that we don't get a triangle between the two guys and Suzy (I have enought of that).

Anyway, I thing I found a drama I will wait for every week.

• Like 4

I already feel sad for the not-real-Do San...

Is this like the season of second male leads LoL!? From When I Was Most Beautiful to More Than Friends and now this. Ugh Dal Mi's sis is a snake! Her poor dad~ (the actor is in DoDoSolSolLaLaSol as well) Suzy's character always bangs her head in frustration LoL. I think she did the same on Uncontrollably Fond too.        

• Like 1

I just watched this drama! It is a complete home run! Amazing first episode, it made me cry and also very curious of what's going to happen next! I REALLY like the 2nd lead and his looks! The story was so interesting and the relationship with the grandma was very moving! Finally after a dry period of very uninteresting and depressing k-dramas, this one is shining like a bright star! I am on for the ride! Great job TVN and Netflix!

• Like 3

It was a really strong first episode! I know the writer is known for writing strong second leads... but this first episode was on another level. We got the whole flashback backstory of the second lead and now I’m confused because how am I supposed to root for the main lead if they gave us this? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I love nam joo hyuk but idk right now I'm so into 2nd lead, it's only eps 1!! (its so weird, I've been kdrama fan for so long but never remember him. .Stupid me!!) He is just super handsome and neat, the backstory of his character itself is very interesting. I've never into 2nd lead syndrome because I know my heart would be broken in the end. I hope the writer give us nam joo hyuk more stories and enough screentime because I dont want to go through school 2015 flashback again!

• Like 2

I just watched the first episode and one word to describe it: daebak! The story ignites a range of emotion: happy, sad, funny, heartwarming, inspiring, etc. I like the directing and cinematography as well. It looks slick, aesthetic, and modern. Not to mention the OSTs. They're groovy. #RedVelvetFTW. 

The highlight for me from episode 1 was Han Ji Pyeong and Soe Dal Mi's grandmother's back story. It's so sweet, touching, and heartwarming. I'm just afraid that all signs lead to Ji Pyeong as second lead now :lol:. I hope the writer will surprise us by developing something else for this character. 

By the way, I just read the article on Soompi on the rating of the first episode. It's 4,4%. I mean it's good but not as high as many people anticipated. Korean viewers are really hard to predict. Maybe many of them now watch it through Netflix. Nonetheless, I'll keep watching and looking forward to upcoming episodes.

• Like 2

I watched the drama with low expectation actually but i was blown away with the 1st episode! And now I cant wait for tonight’s episode. I love everything and everyone (except mom and big sister) in episode 1 and even the dad!(I love this actor, he is everywhere! Tho he was so unlikeable

in romance doctor 2) He made me cry after so long I didn’t cry watching kdrama!

I’m kim seon ho fan but I know its nam joohyuk who is the ML so I have prepared my heart for NJH, episode 1 already makes it hard for me..from the character chart shared, seems like KSH likes suzy as well :please: hopefully 2nd episode will make me love nam do san more so that my heart can peacefully root for the main OTP. I dont want another school 2015 as well just like the previous forumer posted...:sad1:

• Like 2

When the casting was announced, I thought damn Suzy and Hanna look kinda similar, like they could be sisters ...

Spoiler

If i had only known <_<

I hope Hanna isn’t a villain here too, like there’s more depth to her character, I’m getting 

tired of seeing her play spoiled rich princess again, I hope she’s not getting typecast or anything.

it was a good pilot. The emotional quotient was a surprise, but that’s what makes it such an Asian dramas lol.. so it was a pleasant one . I’m glad it’s not just about business and it’s workings , I think it doesn’t suit Kdrama formula.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

When the casting was announced, I thought damn Suzy and Hanna look kinda similar, like they could be sisters ...

Hide contents

If i had only known <_<

I hope Hanna isn’t a villain here too, like there’s more depth to her character, I’m getting 

tired of seeing her play spoiled rich princess again, I hope she’s not getting typecast or anything.

it was a good pilot. The emotional quotient was a surprise, but that’s what makes it such an Asian dramas lol.. so it was a pleasant one . I’m glad it’s not just about business and it’s workings , I think it doesn’t suit Kdrama formula.

I think she’s not. Tho she has problems with DM but I think at some point all 4 main characters will work together & create a business together 

*ep 2 spoiler*

https://www.soompi.com/article/1432223wpp/suzy-nam-joo-hyuk-and-kim-seon-ho-are-on-the-verge-of-a-complicated-encounter-in-start-up

• Like 2

There isn't any mention of them being sisters in their character profile before the broadcast of the drama.

Wow, interesting.

6 hours ago, wildcherry said:

I think she’s not. Tho she has problems with DM but I think at some point all 4 main characters will work together & create a business together 

*ep 2 spoiler*

https://www.soompi.com/article/1432223wpp/suzy-nam-joo-hyuk-and-kim-seon-ho-are-on-the-verge-of-a-complicated-encounter-in-start-up

I believe In-jae is not a villain, I trust the character profile provided on the wiki.

I think after failing getting approval of stepfather with her own start up, she decided to be part of their start up.

If I remember correctly, she does not have any loveline in the drama

• Like 4

Hi, everyone!

i came back to soompi for suzy!! Please give start-up alot of support!! <3

Saturday feels so far away 

Spoiler

Tbh, for me this week episode’s doesn’t look like park hye ryun’s drama. From what i’ve seen so far, usually she reveal past stories bit by bit, but in this drama, the first episode filled with SDM, WIJ and HJP’s childhood story. Im not complaining though, it’s refreshing to see different pattern in her drama. 

but, i think SDM+NDS first meeting was not as impactful as in “while you were sleeping”, so I can’t really feel the chemistry yet. I hope to see more dalmi+dosan’s scene together next week! They look so good together!! 

*edit again...

i forgot to mention that... im already in NDS+SDM ship. I am very curious how their love will develop after this!! Sorry for HJP, i think you missed your chance once you find NDS and asked him to meet SDM as the boy who wrote the letters.

• Like 2

Hi i’m new here~

Wanna share my opinion abt this

if we talk abt Korean Drama, then love triangle of two men fighting over one woman is really common, like a Must Have item.

but this love triangle kinda interesting for me

I see some people start to have a second lead syndrome toward HJP bcs who wouldn’t? his character is really nice and attractive. Moreover, HJP was the one who had a real back story with SDM,

but we all know the main Couple is SDM-NDS

And judging from this eps only, i think we can see most of decisions and actions that HJP has done were based on his grateful feeling toward Mrs.Choi? On the Contrary, NDS, who basically know nothing abt SDM, is able to make a brave decision to help her by himself, knowing that the decision will lead him to get involved in SDM life more deeply

I wonder how this going to develop! 

• Like 9

Maybe one of a kind drama that had me in lot of tears with only the first two episode

It is so touching and really relatable. The scene is shoot beautifully and from the first 2 episode you can see the struggle in all the character. 

NDS need more of him to see how he will develop but so far so good. 

Suzy is a star and yeah love her acting here. She is really good. Ever since uncontrollably fond i am sure she can handle emotional x a litlee bit crazy character. 

For HTP.. isnt it a bit harsh tho for that word he said to NDS in the office. Like bruh? His backstory with grandma make me in tears as well.

In jae ya... lets wait and see for her. 

There are still some character in wiki that hadnt make appearance yet so let see next week. I am all in here

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

Anyone now the song when nam do san appears in front of dal mi,seems like song when prince appear in front of his princess and with dreamy tone :lol:. So far so good,although its kinda predictable storyline .

It is possibly the OST for next week. 

Guys check out the 2 ost release this week it is really good 

• Like 2