[Drama 2020] Startup (Sandbox), 스타트업

wildcherry

7 hours ago, aisling said:

Han Ji Pyung is everything a usual main lead should be.

The drama opens the first scene with him. He’s rich, smart, little bit grumpy, and handsome. He has the childhood connection with the heroine and has a talented young actor plays his teenage counterpart. He sets up the heroine with someone else while gradually realising his feelings for her. As a say, he’s our typical main lead. Except that he’s not. 

That’s what so compelling about the writing. I can’t wait to see how the writer manages to shift focus on the actual main lead because Kim Seon Ho’s had more screen time so far. 

just like other mention it is Dream High Writter work and back then it was also the same fate.

taecyeon got all the attention early on but the real male lead is kim soo hyun who got suzy heart. 

so for those who already fall in love with kim seon ho... welp good luck

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I don't think it is a bad thing that we get the obvious thing early. At least it keep us from thinking. 

So far, i believe we are dealing with a love triangle and the second female will focus on her r/s with her sister/family

I hope Kang Hanna's character get more screentime to show her growth as she decided to restart and depends on herself rather than her rich stepfather.

r0zTdzk.gif

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Just a wonder will kang hana be an independent strong woman or she will develop a love line with Kim seon ho ? but i think the focus will be a fight between KSH and NJH for Suzy. 

i just hope KSH dont use dirty way to sabotage NJH if he end up with suzy because that would be sucks. just play fair and square and we gucci haha

In one of the promotional interviews, there was a question on the possibility of Kang Hana and Kim Seon Ho's romance line, but both of them answered that there would be none and even their characters barely interact in the drama. The thing is I couldn't tell if they were telling the truth or just trying to deceive the viewers :lol:

I just hope Kim Seon Ho's character development doesn't turn into being a total antagonist (altho unlikely because there's Dalmi's grandma). That would be sucks.  

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, patra23 said:

In one of the promotional interviews, there was a question on the possibility of Kang Hana and Kim Seon Ho's romance line, but both of them answered that there would be none and even their characters barely interact in the drama. The thing is I couldn't tell if they were telling the truth or just trying to deceive the viewers :lol:

I just hope Kim Seon Ho's character development doesn't turn into being a total antagonist (altho unlikely because there's Dalmi's grandma). That would be sucks.  

If I remember correctly, none of the writer’s previous second leads turned totally evil. In case of “I can hear your voice” even the main lead conceded that the second lead was better than him in everything. The writer usually picks really strong actors for second leads as well.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, poppie said:

Hi chingus, what a GOOD surprise !!!! I am so hooked with Sandbox. 5 more days to wait Eottoke ! I wanted to watch the pilote for Kang Ha Na but I had no expectations. OMG I am reconciled with Suzy and Nam Joo Hyuk :) The subject of this drama is new, fresh but also more. I cried when the father died... So sad... It's also about the meaning of family... Why did they leave the dad and Da Mi because of money !!!! I am so angry !

Will we have a love triangle with our main leads and Ji Pyunk ? I am looking forward !!!

Red Velvet's Future is a pure GEM. I already listened it ten times hahaha. 

Red Velvet ost is the best. This song is was like the bside songs of their album.

Seo Dal mi father's death scene was very brutal and even touched my heart. Seo Dal mi mother and sister really so cruel.  How Seo Dal mi's mother wouldn't call her daughter for years. Dal mi's sister also treating the girl like an enemy. She is very spoiled and brags about someone else's money. But I'm sure Seo Dal will make them both embarrassed by show that not everything in life is money.

Nam joo hyuk and Suzy had a few scenes, but the two seemed more harmonious. The second lead's background might writed better in the first episode but I thought that the Seo Dal mi and Nam Do san characters would complement with each other more. The contrasts of their characters complement each other. And deep down both are very sensitive and emotional 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I get why Han Ji Pyeong wont easily invest on Samsan Tech, from the beginning he said that he was not an angel investor. It's too early for him to invest. He is a seed investor who needs to be convinced with traction, conversion rate etc. He also need to maintain his investment ratio coz a VC usually manages investor money (not just his own money). What I see is Samsan Tech as a startup, teamwise, are incomplete. All three boys are hacker, to get investment they need cofounders who can act as hustler and hipster. It realistic for any startup to at first get a no, from their very first investors.

If they go with the reality of start up, Seo Dal Mi and Nam Do San character are probably will be set up as cofounders later. We saw Dal Mi was so good in sales, the kind of cofounder who can fill the hustler role for Samsan. I can see Han Ji Pyong will be the much needed mentor. Actually, as the title is Startup I kinda hope that the writer will seriously incorporate the real strugles of startup industry in the story. For that to happen, all the lies must be found out on the next week episodes.

• Like 5

‘Start-Up’ is off to a strong start — First Impressions

https://thedramacorner.com/2020/10/21/start-up-is-off-to-a-strong-start-first-impressions/

Start-Up: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/start-up-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

Loving this drama so much! 

A few first impression posts. 

I do have a doubt...there was a dialogue where Ji Pyung says to grandma that what was the name of your granddaughter. But we see in earlier scene that he remembers her name during that conference. Was he pretending to not remember her name?

• Like 3

I am really curious of the Korean guy who is in the judging panel.. Any one having the same thoughts as me??.. 

Just wondering whether he will be a genuine benefactor or a wolf in sheep's clothing!!.. Hope it's not the later.. 

He really seems to be interested in NDS... 

• Like 3

Finally Saturday!! Excited to watch the new episodes~~

and oh i just knew that the Writer for this Drama is Park Hye Ryun?!! Omg i’m totally a fan!! I can watch this in peace then, knowing that this drama will definitely worth the time :fullofhearts:

In Park Hye Ryun i trust!! She always know how to make a scene on point, and it’s already shown in the first 2 eps

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

i am pretty shocked that this thread not that busy lol. i thought there are lot of suzy and nam joo hyuk fans here haha. hopefully we go active again when the new episode dropping.

IKR! I'm surprised too that this thread is not so active...with so many popular stars!

Also, can anyone clarify my doubt :grin:

there was a dialogue where Ji Pyung says to grandma that "what was the name of your granddaughter". But we see in an earlier scene that he remembers her name during the conference. Was he pretending to not remember her name??

• Like 4

I am really enjoying the first two episodes. What a great cast.

I do not understand why In-Jae has to be so mean to her sister, though. They made different choices, but I don't understand why In-Jae has to sneer and be cruel about Dal-Mi's scuffed shoes and the fact that she is less successful. She is your sister and she never did anything to hurt you, so... ? What's your problem?

When the father died, that was :tears::tears::tears:

Grandma is the best.

• Like 4