[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Second good morning to you! :D

Are you ready to watch the episode as soon as the subtitles are out? And to rant over Jung Kyung because she won't stop messing with Song Ah and Joon Young?

you know me well :D 

Even when I am waiting for subs, this is me with JK already:

AXCX.gif

@annamchoi @rukizie @Jillia @Sky8lue @rafeusjanela have you guys kicked/slapped JK enough yet or shall I finish the job? ;)

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 2

It was rainy yesterday. Ep 11 was gloomy. I expected Song Ah and Joon Young to patch things up but they lacked the communication. Today's rainy, too. Ep 12 ended with a break up along with Baekhyun OST happy playing in the background.  :heartbreak: I was hugging my pillow the entire time I was watching this episode without subs. Oh my. The feels.

Like what @lovesparklys said, the umbrella scene was symbolic. It hurt even more, especially knowing why Song Ah gifted the umbrella to Joon Young because he has a place to stay and he doesn't live in hotels anymore. The moment when he opened up the umbrella and gave it to her...:tears: I keep my word and feelings for you and this is the only thing I can do to be there for you even if I can't physically be there for you. or whatever I say won't get to you. His love for Song Ah is so fragile. He was so afraid of Song Ah finding out about Traumerei. 

But like what @shenmiao98 has noted, the breakup felt right and it made sense. I liked that Song Ah was able to voice her opinions and thoughts more this week even if she had to go through and process difficult feelings. @Abirami Ramakrishnan, you also have a good point that the story has a push and pull and Dimple Couple always comes back stronger after a disagreement or argument. You give me more hope that they will come back together next week. And thank you @Jillia for sharing your rough translations. I love your insights hinting that this couple will come back together. The bridge of the violin is broken, but not the case. Song Ah's heart is just broken right now but it can be repaired. Time will heal.

On the other hand, I was softening up to Jung Kyung last week when she was tutoring the young violin prodigy. But she's quite reactive. Her relationship with her professor hardened her heart. She's back to being cold and hurting people around her. Why Jung Kyung?! I was hoping that her character will come around. :huh:

Sending virtual hugs to all the chingus here. We will get through this, okay?

:ok:

And hopefully we will get to see our Dimple Couple come back together

:7555_attack:

• Like 6
  • Love 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

@rozelan

Hahahaha... they really knew what was coming our way tonight, right?

Their poker faces are great:

IKR, Dimple Couple all nicey smiley first, then they do this:

giphy.gif

Have a great watch everyone, have tissue and glass of water ready, just in case ... :)

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Poor JY , I believe whatever he do , he wouldn’t have made SA happy , because she already made up her mind from the start , now it feels like she wants to proof she was right from start  , their isn’t place next to him with anybody else . 
YJ0aScM.gif

g8VNXnW.gif

• Like 6
  • Sad 9
  • Insightful 2

I hope you have a good night sleep @Jillia

Rewatching it with English subtitles is going to be difficult but I'm going to soak in and absorb the poetic storytelling. I'm also considering reading Pride and Prejudice especially when I noticed that you made connections with the characters several times. It's such a classic that I wondered why my teachers never assigned it. 

Your interpretations of the umbrella scene was spot on. At first I was like if this was the ending of the couple, it will be alright. At least they are learning and growing as individuals. But the positive take on Joon Young holding the umbrella and taking care of Song Ah even in their break up really gives hope that this isn't the end for the couple yet. 

Now that you mention that Song Ah's violin represents her heart, isn't it such a paradox that when Song Ah wanted to protect her heart she ended up hurting her violin? That picture of when she's sitting in the dark in her room...:tears: 

I'm glad they had the scene of Dong Young sensing that something's up with Song Ah and taking acting to call Min Seong to be there for Song Ah. The hugging scene was so heartfelt. 

I can't wait to read your thoughts on Joon Young after you watch the episode. I think I need to let my thoughts and feelings sit for a while or else I'm just going to ramble on this rainy day. 

:idk:

• Like 8
  • Love 5

@vangsweetie637 Im calmer like SA, but if someone is messing and hurting our otp and wants trouble!

Then I ll  be kicking butts now specially of that JK's!!! That brat! That b***h!!  That snake!

angry cate blanchett GIF

@Jillia I was thinking of that handkerchief too earlier ..with JY having it means he will never let go that easily .

As ms cha said to SA once JY starts caring for you, he will not be the one give up first 

We know that he truly  loved SA, giving back the umbrella means he still care for her

it will be her protector and shield at all times. Despite the break up

@rozelan that break up scene did really shaken me..what more when I watch it with subs? Will cry buckets for sure.

Ep 14 is now sub(downloaded it already)but will watch it later..still halfway through ep 13.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, ponderings said:

@annamchoi Also in ep 13, after Joon Young and Jung Kyung comes back from Professor Song's to Jung Kyung's, they get into an argument. Joon Yoon leaves in frustration and grabs the handkerchief first. 

Yes its the first thing JY grab..knowing how important SA is.and it was him who asked SA if he could have it , a sign that he truly love her for him to request to have the brown hanky ..unlike the black hanky it was JK who gave it.

Black hanky and other JK memorabilia must put away for good!

• Like 8
  • Love 5

We are going through a journey with the characters and I really like that about DYLB.  I'm invested in the character so much.  The break up was hard but I felt it was needed (wish this happened earlier).  I didn't cringe when I saw the breakup raw but felt that it was right at the moment for both.

The other thing I thought about the umbrella scene is that she will have to give it back to him since it was gift.  

• Like 11
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@rozelan is the glass of water for this:

Great idea, water slap! :)

Have another glass during umbrella scene:

giphy.gif

Or this:

giphy.gif

-0-

32 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

The other thing I thought about the umbrella scene is that she will have to give it back to him since it was gift.  

Like Song Ah saying to Joon Young, "I trust you to love and protect me." That would be a great touching scene :) 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

@vangsweetie637

Not slapped her yet. Still need to get over her not stopping to meddle in Joon Young's business. It was not her call to tell Song Ah about "Träumerei"... She was hurt because Joon Young's world isn't about her anymore, so Song Ah was unlucky to meet her right after the rejection. And Jung Kyung decided to do what she always does, only care about herself.

AND I'm also angry with her for calling Hyun Ho to talk about Joon Young without caring how Hyun Ho would feel. Gosh, I'm just glad that he was able to call her out and delete her phone number.

Thank you... because I was just so hurt when JK told her about that CDs I didn’t even have the energy to slap anymore... that was truly a Low blow. She is desperate to cling on to JY now.

happy for HH to get his acceptance and be his own man. His scene with his mum was so sweet. 

• Like 10

After that break up scene last night, this song immediately came to my mind. Probably the best theme for what SA was feeling for JY. :tears: :heartbreak:

But you can't love me like I want you to
And I don't want to face the truth
Loving you is like dancing without music
Loving you no I don't know why I do it
Loving you is so hard it leaves me with bruises
Loving you is like dancing without music

Although that break up was really heart breaking, I also felt it was necessary.  How I wish that the continuing scene next week will JY running after SA in that rain.  But I know that won't be the case, because his heart is still deeply conflicted and he does need to sort himself out first.  What Manager Cha said about old habits is really true.

But on a brighter note, we still haven't seen those scenes that they shot from those fan videos/pics. And isn't there some sort of a hug scene? Let's hope the last two episodes will see our couple in a happier place in their lives.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Love 3