[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I haven't watched the episode and i'm already feeling all sorts of emotions :cry: I'm sad that it came down to this but I think JY needs to figure out how to deal with the emotional scars from JK so that he can properly move on. I actually think that maybe HH can help JY and helping JY figure out how to get SA back would be a great parting gift before moving to NY. In addition, now that SA has made a decision about her future regarding the violin, she might also be able to let go of some of her insecurities. Logically, I think there are merits to some time apart but I'm still crushed that we have to witness it. I just want to forget it all and travel back to simpler and happy times with ice cream and piano kisses. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

For me ..I am  sad about the break up.. in the beginning I thought they could handle it.   In reality  they did not have time to build a strong foundation to withstand  the strong wind of trails and tribulation that was coming their way ...   

I can't  put  more blame on one then the other.   

Both were caught off guard and tried there best to do what they thought was best.    Not necessarily what the other person really needed.

In normal circumstances  you do have time to discover the good and  annoying traits  of the person you want to give your heart too.    

In  our Dimple couple case they had no ideal  what really made each other tick and that is why " I am sorry" became a regular statement.  Especially for JA... 

I remember once he stated something like. I am trying so hard to run to you.    That in itself was  profound.  After being attached to a relationship  that was going no where for 15 years.  Breaking free could not be easy, especially  when the other person was determined to block your path.

Writing this was my therapy...   thank you for allowing me to ramble on. 

Tomorrow the sun will come up and hopefully we all will feel better:heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 9

If the umbrella scene is the last scene how symbolic. Her presence in his life is the only protection/peace he has but when he sees her getting rained on, he gives her the only thing he has left of her. She takes it, becomes protected, and leaves him in the rain while crying about HER pain.  Song Ah that man is not the violin and still you gave an inanimate object more understanding than a human.  

I am not saying SA is wrong in prioritizing her happiness but I don't think that is what she is doing. She is looking for an easy way out with JY because holding on to the violin too long hurt her. She is not willing to do the work for her relationship with JY and keeps getting upset with him for not doing enough.  If she does manage to grow in the last two episodes, I do not think it will be organic but a plot point that needs to be satisfied and justify this break up full of unreasonable misunderstandings.

This is why I stopped watching shows. DYLB is game of throning me. I can't even watch old episodes of Game of Thrones due to the ending and now I may not be able to relive DYLB  due to the last episodes. 

I think I will watch all three completely next week.  

Thanks for the recaps and happy watching everyone. Keep the faith. 

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lovesparklys said:

If the umbrella scene is the last scene how symbolic. Her presence in his life is the only protection/peace he has but when he sees her getting rained on, he gives her the only thing he has left of her. She takes it, becomes protected, and leaves him in the rain while crying about HER pain.  Song Ah that man is not the violin and still you gave an inanimate object more understanding than a human.  

I am not saying SA is wrong in prioritizing her happiness but I don't think that is what she is doing. She is looking for an easy way out with JY because holding on to the violin too long hurt her. She is not willing to do the work for her relationship with JY and keeps getting upset with him for not doing enough.  If she does manage to grow in the last two episodes, I do not think it will be organic but a plot point that needs to be satisfied and justify this break up full of unreasonable misunderstandings.

This is why I stopped watching shows. DYLB is game of throning me. I can't even watch old episodes of Game of Thrones due to the ending and now I may not be able to relive DYLB  due to the last episodes. 

I think I will watch all three completely next week.  

Thanks for the recaps and happy watching everyone. Keep the faith. 

I see your point.. but the whole story has more or less been like push and pull .. each time they disagree or fight, they usually comeback together with stronger emotions?

Like when JY refused to share why he was sad or tired , eventually we had SA caving in and confessing to him... When SA pushed him away because of her insecurities he eventually confessed to her too.. 

They never really meet each other half way or try to find a middle ground.. which is frustrating because we expected it to be that way from the Writer as they seemed to communicate well ..

But somehow the breakup ties well with how she has written the story so far..and we can hope that they come back to each other stronger than before

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

-JY doesnt like burdening the people he loves of his struggles. That is why hes  "mum" on everything even though those things hurt him the most.the more he keeps it the more he feel pain.

-SA meanwhile have the heaviest insecurities   when it comes to her talent in playing the violin We know shes not the best in that field but she still strives but somehow it isnt enough that she loves playing violin she has to have that talent within her. Not to mention her worries and fears in regards to her relationship with JY

As much as she trying to open up just about everything and anything about her JY is doing the vice versa...keeping  all things by himself.

-JY needs to speak up what is inside his heart and mind. Heartfelt convo with SA(well, they cant have one now! Because they broke up :()but how I'd wish he tried spilling his feelings out to her..(SA will appreciate that-he did open up when they went to DaeJon) than SA not knowing anything at all( which JY did) 

That umbrella scene made me cry.. :( that break up scene tore my heart to pieces..:brokenheart:

That brat JK is truly unlikeable! Shes annoying and inhuman!!angry little rascals GIF

I wont be surprised if she will be left alone!! HH for example is pretty much over her! Deleting her contact info!

JY doesnt want to see her anymore..

TRIO NO MORE!

I Wonder whats in store for us with the last two episodes next week..with the break up and all..glee sigh GIF

Sharing this quote :

Without communication,

there is no relationship;

Without respect,

there is no love;

Without trust,

there is no reason to continue.

THIS SONG..means so much ..to whatever SA and JY going through right now...

Unbreakable

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 6

On a brighter note. I have a feeling it is JY that gonna initiate a reunion. Maybe gonna suggest being friends getting closer again. this time we see them doing things different than last time. That gonna result in them starting dating again as their feelings for each other never was gone. :)  

• Like 10
  • Love 7

aside from the fact that they used the silly Träumerei mixed up, now that i watched  it , i think  it is a lovely episode, actually

The breakup is beautiful!

SA left JY as she was offended. He was  already detaching himself because  i believe he is fighting with his ex and wants to keep SA out of it.  It's not about love. They are playing some strange game with his ex,  it is about them not getting married and control but also it may have something to do with the post-Grandma future, as what is at stake here (apart from money and control) is that JK is too self centered, high strung, elitist and manipulative to take her grandma's place in the world 

i think JY has been trying to get a message through to her, without success.

(The post-grandma theme is partially represented by the  parallel side story of the professor about to retire. She hasn't left yet and already JK has offended her work)

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Sorry for getting back so late. :D

I had to rewatch the scene. It's Song Ah who breaks up with Joon Young.

This is what she tells him:

"Joon Young-ssi, let's stop dating. Let's stop dating, I can't do it right now.

I'm anxious, hurt and shaken. Because I want to do everything well. With the violin and with Joon Young-ssi. But there seem to be things I shouldn't do. I know that now. Because I'm swaying towards Joon Young-ssi, my heart is messed up. I don't like that anymore. I want to go back to the time when I felt less anxious and I knew where I was walking/heading."

Joon Young: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you like that. It's all my fault..."

Song Ah: "I want to lean on you, Joon Young-ssi."

Joon Young: "Lean on me. Lean on me... if Song Ah-ssi is having a hard..."

Song Ah: "How can I lean on you. How can I lean Joon Young-ssi when you're more troubled than me? I heard about "Träumerei"."

Joon Young: "Song Ah-ssi... this is the last time I played it. Really the last time..."

Song Ah: "I really tried to understand Joon Young-ssi's feelings towards Jung Kyung-ssi. What is this complicated feeling that you can't cut her off even though you don't love her. And watching Joon Young-ssi I've come to the conclusion you have a more difficult time than me. Now I have to think of myself. I was hurt too much trying to understand Joon Young-ssi's heart. I don't want that anymore. I only want to think of myself now. It's so difficult to love Joon Young-ssi. I'm not happy."

She leaves then... but hesitates outside which Joon Young hears but then her steps continue.

Then outside it's raining and the umbrella scene is happening. Where Joon Young gives Song Ah the umbrella she gifted him.

Notice: Joon Young is back to wearing full black... :(

Im truly sad with the break up( even got sadder when I read your translation) but I know its necessary in order for SA and JY to organize themselves..think things through settle what needs to be settled.let go of the past and let a new start to come in .

@Ameera Ali that rain and umbrella significantly plays a great deal in our otp's relationship .. ( happy moments..sad moments)

Thanks for the GIFs..

I adore this friendship❤

thefangirlheart-20201014-024254-0 thefangirlheart-20201014-024254-1 thefangirlheart-20201014-024254-2

Hopeful that JY and HH will soon too get reunited JY needs  that one true friend right now  

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Well, this is the first time I'm skipping certain episodes in a drama wishing at least there's hope at the end of each Tuesday's episode.  This is also the first time I see the leads separated just before the episode ends ... (need some more time to process ...) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@annamchoi

I got to admit that I actually started crying when Min Sung came to the store and hugged Song Ah. I was bawling... happy and sad and then right thrown into the breakup.

True friends are hard to come by..So grateful that SA has the truest friends..in both MS and DY ❤ .

-SA heart might be broken but it doesnt mean that she cant be happy one day..

Fate and Love will surely make a way  to SA and JY back together again.❤

@rozelan you made me cry again..that break up..that feels! You know both are deeply in love and cares for each other. But circumtances made them apart..:(

• Like 7
  • Love 9

5 minutes ago, annamchoi said:

True friends are hard to come by..So grateful that SA has the truest friends..in both MS and DY ❤ .

-SA heart might be broken but it doesnt mean that she cant be happy one day..

Fate and Love will surely make a way  to SA and JY back togethet again.❤

@rozelan you made me cry again..that break up..that feels! You know both are deeply in love and cares for each other. But circumtances made them apart..:(

You just made me start crying again too ... :criesariver:

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2