[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

48 minutes ago, trisail said:

Filming is completely finished now I guess.

Looking at the pic of last day filming of them, i'm gonna borrow Song Ah's word upon their breakup

"WHY AM I ONLY THE ONE FEELING ANXIOUS IN THIS DRAMASHIP???" 

Who's with me?  :byebye2:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2

Thanks @trisail..

The place where they are filming looks like what we have seen as the Seoul Art Center ?

Will SA finally get to perform there? 

Or maybe I'm clowning myself..

Just by the locations I'm getting so many throwbacks to the first half of the show...

I hope writer nim ties all loose ends together and we can see a lot of  JoonSong moments before the show ends.. I just realised we didn't have a single scene of them together in the whole of EP13..

Sending good vibes and hope to all Brahms friends!

:happy2:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, Melly Trw said:

Looking at the pic of last day filming of them, i'm gonna borrow Song Ah's word upon their breakup

"WHY AM I ONLY THE ONE FEELING ANXIOUS IN THIS DRAMASHIP???" 

Who's with me? 

Same here! It's like Monday can't come soon enough and yet I'm anxious about how it will all end. :worried:

But based on that wrap up photo, maybe that's the Tchaikovsky competition?

• Like 14

Wonder if there are still any final scenes between SA-JY being filmed, since we haven't seen any IG updates from PEB or KMJ yet.

Mood-booster of the day:

Episode 15 text preview (Papago translation):

"Jun-young (Kim Min-jae), who was distressed by the guilt that made Song-ah (Park Eun-bin) suffer, declares his retirement as a pianist. Meanwhile, Song-ah calmly overcame the pain of parting and took the postgraduate exam, and Jun-young heard about Song-ah's graduation performance."

Original source: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/brahms/vod/65898/22000391139

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 15

On 10/14/2020 at 1:57 AM, sal2 said:

We got preview guys :D whoa we gonna get them playing together!!!!! 

noooo chigudeul:dead: i do no like this trailer.  why so somber, why does JY look sick in his bed

because, i tell you, there is one thing that has always bothered me about this series

It's SA's narrating voice.  

-in the teaser here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7bWqvw1wZ8

-in episode 1 when he is about to answer the question "do you like brahms"

-when they hugged on her birthday

-after she confessed outside the school

her narrating voice in all of these scenes seems to come from the future remembering a person no longer there

I always dismissed this feeling because so far the series seemed to be going in a different direction, and i dismissed the feeling thinking that her narrator self might be talking from far in the future, remembering him when he died much later in life so nothing to worry about

However this new preview..... it couldn't be that JY is dying already, right?

we might get a very bitter sweet ending 

PS however i do still have a bit of hope because this narrator doesn't seem to be talking about JY as her partner.  it could be the SA's narrator self is talking from a point in life when they broke up and she felt insecure about his love v friendship.  It could be that all along we have been hearing SA's voice coming from the time of the present breakup in fact?

They are our leads .  Ok with him dying but not with our leads just ending as friends in the process, in this kind of drama, right?

So maybe we are just hearing the insecure thoughts and words of SA , at the present time, but he is not dying , she just  thinks he lost him and needs to get past her insecurities....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Thank you for sharing the new BTS, @Sky8lue!

I agree, @Jillia. I've never wanted a week to pass by slowly before, but it seems as if I'm actually dreading that Monday seems to come quicker than usual.

I'm going to miss Brahms & this forum. Chingus, let's hang in there and enjoy this upcoming week! I'm sure we'll get a happy ending. 화이팅! 

• Like 10
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@cherrhys88

But weirdly this week passes faster than usual. So Monday isn't too far away. :D

So true! :)

Thank you for posting the bts @Sky8lue

These last couple of episodes must be very emotionally taxing for these actors as well. I mean I've never seen Kim Min Jae this somber, even his eyes looks extra sad, and he is usually the goofier one.  Anyway, kudos to both of them for making us feel for their characters.   :fullofhearts:

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Sky8lue lol, nope not me, chingu. I am not the classic musician in the house here. I am, however, the aggressive wrestler in the house:

because we all know mon-tues has been pretty physical with us in this drama 

Sometimes I'm scared to enter this thread... one might be kicked, hit, slapped,  wrestled etc if one made mistake .... :wut:

However it does help to distract some of those -ve energy too ...

@Y.Q.Thank you for the translation.  It's interesting to know what the writer has in mind... We don't really get to see it quite often.  She knows what she is doing and how it will affect us the viewers.  I am hopeful that everything will go well in the end.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

It seems Brahms Violin Sonata No. 1 will be Song Ah's grad school recital piece?

Original article:

http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=192575

Below is the Papago translation (please forgive any translation errors - @Y.Q. and @Jillia and anyone else who understands Hangul, feel free to correct any errors. Thank you!)

"Do you like Brahms?' Park Eun-bin X Kim Min-jae, complete the growth drama with a collaboration of Brahms Sonata

Do you like the SBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Brahms' with only two episodes left until the end?' goes to the climax of the story with the Brahms Violin Sonata.
The drama, which conveyed emotions and consolation through classical music romance to the fall home theater under the shadow of Corona 19, cleverly and naturally melts classical composers, performers and terms throughout the play. It was impressive throughout the show that "Classic" was not consumed simply as a material or as an ornament for drama development. The line "Can Music Be a Comfort" that appeared in the beginning of the play was also a hot topic among classical musicians in the Corona Pandemic era.
Directly reminiscent of the title 'Do You Like Brahms?' is the triangular relationship between Schumann and Clara and Brahms and the love that cannot be achieved. It can be regarded as the anguish and pain of Brahms, who had loved his teacher's wife all his life. By the end of the year, however, "Brahms" is expected to take on another meaning.
In the preview video of the 15th episode, Park Joon-young (Kim Min-jae) was seen as a piano accompanist on the stage of Chae Song-ah (Park Eun-bin)'s performance presentation. Originally, Song Ah chose the Frank Violin Sonata, which was a graduate school song with outstanding technique and piano performance. But her favorite repertoire was Brahms Violin Sonata No. 1, which was full of feelings of joy and sorrow.
Park Joon-young, on the other hand, has refused to play Brahms enough to firmly say, "No, I don't like it," when asked by Song-ah, "Do you like it, Brahms?" It was a punishment and trauma to himself for loving his friend's lover.
However, the female conductor of the government office and Na Moon-sook (Ye Su-jeong), chairman of the Gyeonghu Cultural Foundation, who directed the poem, told Park Joon-young, "I think not only Schumann but also Brahms will do well." "I really want to hear you play Brahms," he said one after another. He became a pianist studying in Seoul alone since he was a teenager with a poor family background, and saw the possibility that Brahms, a composer of solitude and thought and a determined musician who maintained the value of tradition in the trendy romantic wave at the time, could express better than anyone else.
Violin Sonata No. 1, written by German romantic composer Brahms in his 40s, is a song where dark memories and nuances of hope coexist. It is not dominated by tragic colors like No. 3, but by a positive view of the world.
As the second movement, Adagio, was introduced in the script, based on the melody Brahms wrote in a letter to comfort her when Clara, who died from her husband Schumann, lost her son. It is a movement that reveals Brahms' tendency to "give comfort through music before words." In the third movement, the melody of "Song of Rain," which wrote music in Groot's poem, was written as a theme. It is a beautiful movement with a raindrop-like melody and a gloomy atmosphere. It is also understandable why rain and umbrella scenes appeared at every important crisis throughout the drama.
It is believed that Song-ah, who was hurt and shaken, chose Brahms Violin Sonata No. 1 to return to her original self. Jun-young, who has lived under the pressure of livelihood, taboo unrequited love, and debt for the past 15 years, might not have volunteered to play the song as a turning point to grow further as a pianist as well as a partner of her ex-lover, who only hurt her feelings. When Song-ah was surprised and asked, "You don't like Brahms, do you?" she said, "I can do it. I want to play."
It is curious how the dreams, love and growth narratives of young musicians who have chosen a meaningful career "giving comfort to music" will end with Brahms this fall."

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 14

@Sky8lue Thanks for the text preview and the article! I think the sonata sounds great. The writer is really harvesting from all the seeds that she has planted in the previous episodes - The Brahms Violin Sonata No.1 as SA's favorite song, the lady who told JY that Brahms's song will suit him, and SA's belief in the healing power of music. 

But I have to say, it's really true that SA could be the strongest among the main characters - girl just move on while the others still linger on their past (some are still trapped in 15 yrs ago). Hope the other characters can be encouraged by her braveness. 

And looking at JY's situation just breaks my heart ㅠㅠ After reading @Jillia's comment on the violin bridge could be a metaphor of SA's heart, I can't stop thinking about how the piano that cannot make the sound could be a representation of JY who cannot speak for his heart. Now the boy is so sad that he wanted to quit piano. Imma go cry in the corner:criesariver:

PS: Voted for a poll for the ending of DYLB today and I realize that my heart cannot handle any other ending except the happy ending. You still wanna sell the 1000 Blu-ray CDs right, director-nim?:wink:

MRQynPm.jpg

Edited by Y.Q.
  • Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, Y.Q. said:

@Sky8lue Thanks for the text preview and the article! I think the sonata sounds great. The writer is really harvesting from all the seeds that she has planted in the previous episodes - The Brahms Violin Sonata No.1 as SA's favorite song, the lady who told JY that Brahms's song will suit him, and SA's belief in the healing power of music. 

ah oh this all makes sense. cant wait for them to finally play this together and for JY to play this with his own interpretation perhaps?

on a side note help!!! i cant really focus on doing anything other things than thinking about next week's episodes :((however it might turn out, i'm ready!) i'm even considering buying a digital piano as i am knee deep listening to classical music now.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 3

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

@vangsweetie637

I think we tried to understand Jung Kyung long enough. So go for it! :lol:

4 hours ago, annamchoi said:

@vangsweetie637 @Jillia

Count me in!! JK is really something else!! She cant accept defeat...

Shall we meet at JK’s place then?

PessimisticDeadlyBrownbear-size_restrict

:lol:

@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ hahaha, i have to say that this drama is the first drama i have kicked, slapped, wrestled so much every Mon-Tues. I love our Dimple couple but everything that piles up on them by everyone else has me:

:kicks::fiercebunny::onfirex:

And the annoying people that are making SA/JY suffer..aigoo..

tenor.gif?itemid=16636182

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

The lack of their relationship is communication. Both of them were not ready for relationship. They both liked each other but Joon Young hasn't dissolved his feeling for Jung Kyung. He likes Song Ah but he always hid his burden feeling towards Kyung Hoo and Jung Kyung. On the other side, Song Ah finally let her free. Like left the chamber and told  her piece of mind to Joon Young. She is aware that she has changed but deep down inside, she is hurt. 

Thank you it's Thursday unless i am going gaga. T_____T

• Like 9
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, nicoley said:

ah oh this all makes sense. cant wait for them to finally play this together and for JY to play this with his own interpretation perhaps?

on a side note help!!! i cant really focus on doing anything other things than thinking about next week's episodes :((however it might turn out, i'm ready!) i'm even considering buying a digital piano as i am knee deep listening to classical music now.

Hehe . You are not alone.. I was looking at buying a Kalimba too because I don't have a lot of space..

The preview always feels like a puzzle I should figure out and I keep thinking of different possibilities 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Y.Q. said:

But I have to say, it's really true that SA could be the strongest among the main characters - girl just move on while the others still linger on their past (some are still trapped in 15 yrs ago). Hope the other characters can be encouraged by her braveness. 

And looking at JY's situation just breaks my heart ㅠㅠ After reading @Jillia's comment on the violin bridge could be a metaphor of SA's heart, I can't stop thinking about how the piano that cannot make the sound could be a representation of JY who cannot speak for his heart. Now the boy is so sad that he wanted to quit piano. Imma go cry in the corner

PS: Voted for a poll for the ending of DYLB today and I realize that my heart cannot handle any other ending except the happy ending. You still wanna sell the 1000 Blu-ray CDs right, director-nim?:wink:

I hope JY doesn't quit piano for good and that him finding his way back to it will parallel how he finds his way back to SA.

PEB mentioned 'we would be happier too right?' during IG live. So if its not a happy ending

giphy.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 5