[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 minute ago, insertusernamehere said:

I thought according to a previous spoiler that 

Reveal hidden contents

He wasn't in the script, but the HS memories came to him after he got his accident? Makes more sense to me that way, otherwise why wouldn't he recognize QQ given that he already met her in real life before they got stuck?

Spoiler

I feel like it is the actor but he just lost all his memories from modern time. From the video it mention he got into a car accident. I think being in a coma is probably severe and he was in a deep sleep or dream and was part of the script. However he doesn’t have any recollection of modern times like XQ. 

• Like 1

i have a question, after the break up, are there a kiss between otp? are they reconcile  before episode 24?? wich episode? Or they were sad?  i haven't seen new episodes, i  was sad after their break up

16 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

i have a question, after the break up, are there a kiss between otp? are they reconcile  before episode 24?? wich episode? Or they were sad?  i haven't seen new episodes, i  was sad after their break up

Oh they don't "break up" for long.

Even when they are "broken up" they are not really broken up. lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

I agree with you this drama is different from other webdrama. It is fast pace and every episodes seems like there something unexpectedly going on. I hope the success will motivate the script writer to create a season 2 and since DYX already say he would do a season 2 with the original cast I hope it gives it a chance for it to happen

Season 2?

:)

can share with us where did you see this? that he would do a season 2 with the original cast ..

thank you :)

1 minute ago, taekwang said:

Season 2?

:)

can share with us where did you see this? that he would do a season 2 with the original cast ..

thank you :)

So he mentioned it in a Q&A. Nothing confirmed. But the idea of a season 2 is getting floated around as this got a lot more popular than expected.

• Like 3

Just now, arcchidus said:

So he mentioned it in a Q&A. Nothing confirmed. But the idea of a season 2 is getting floated around as this got a lot more popular than expected.

Oic oic. It’s a Q&A

Yes the idea of season 2 excites all of us here !!!

this page moves so fast so many new posts to read !!!! :)

• Like 3

I have just watched up to ep 16 (will be 18 today, I hope), and I will wait until last ep patiently. Very difficult to duck all the spoilers.

Thank you all for putting spoiler tag! :heart:

I love how fast paced and on-point this drama is, rather than dilly dallying like many other dramas.

Would I vouch for 2nd season...

...not necessarily. This drama is not like Joy of Life which already have plan in advance that they will have (5?) seasons.

I would rather have well planned seasons in advance rather than season made just because of the hype, like Meteor Garden and Bu Bu Jing Xin (Scarlet Heart).

It is very rare to find second season that is as good and enjoyable as first season, especially those whipped up after first season fame is rising. The rare ones include Eternal Love (now shooting for 3rd season?) and perhaps Nirvana on Fire (I have not watched this but reviews are looking great).

Another thought on why I would rather have 1 season is that as a fan, having them playing the second season would also mean that they as actor/actress will not explore other roles/genre/character for the time being - which is not that good for their development as actor/actress.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like it is the actor but he just lost all his memories from modern time. From the video it mention he got into a car accident. I think being in a coma is probably severe and he was in a deep sleep or dream and was part of the script. However he doesn’t have any recollection of modern times like XQ. 

Spoiler

it doesn’t make sense as HS has memories from when he was a kid and martial arts etc. HS is truly a character from the script. 

In the ending the actor said he had a long dream and his mind is now filled with memories of oranges etc and how frightening it is and how he now cannot distinguish between dream and reality. 

So still think is that the actor only got HS memories and not that the actor was HS and lost his memories. Otherwise the childhood experiences/memories and martial arts doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

perhaps....the 2nd season would be seen on the viewpoint of HS....on how the script didnt go along with the write ups of QQ....on how he reacted to the machinations of QQ, and on how/why he didn't go about his plot against Huanyu City..

just my thoughts....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

I have just watched up to ep 16 (will be 18 today, I hope), and I will wait until last ep patiently. Very difficult to duck all the spoilers.

Thank you all for putting spoiler tag! :heart:

I love how fast paced and on-point this drama is, rather than dilly dallying like many other dramas.

Would I vouch for 2nd season...

...not necessarily. This drama is not like Joy of Life which already have plan in advance that they will have (5?) seasons.

I would rather have well planned seasons in advance rather than season made just because of the hype, like Meteor Garden and Bu Bu Jing Xin (Scarlet Heart).

It is very rare to find second season that is as good and enjoyable as first season, especially those whipped up after first season fame is rising. The rare ones include Eternal Love (now shooting for 3rd season?) and perhaps Nirvana on Fire (I have not watched this but reviews are looking great).

Another thought on why I would rather have 1 season is that as a fan, having them playing the second season would also mean that they as actor/actress will not explore other roles/genre/character for the time being - which is not that good for their development as actor/actress.

Yeah me too. I think the whole drama was well executed and had a good ending. I’ll live with this and have good memories rather than a rehash that’s disappointing like so many sequels.

Like the BBJX sequel omg... but at least the leads got together in real life :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Tencent YouTube channel uploaded some angsty previews of ep 18-24, I couldn't help myself and sneaked a peek at the raw but had no idea what's going on :joy: could someone who already finished watching explain 

Spoiler

What's up with Han Shuo's super rude attitude towards QQ in 18-20? And what's going on in 21? Why are they trying to execute him again?

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

Tencent YouTube channel uploaded some angsty previews of ep 18-24, I couldn't help myself and sneaked a peek at the raw but had no idea what's going on :joy: could someone who already finished watching explain 

Hide contents

What's up with Han Shuo's super rude attitude towards QQ in 18-20? And what's going on in 21? Why are they trying to execute him again?

Spoiler

My Mandarin is very basic so from just watching the raws, HS was helping CC regain the Crown Princess title in ecchange of Rose City's oil/black gold. To cut it short, HS and CC get caught by the queen but CC is fine except the queen wants HS dead. That's where QQ stages her death so the queen is safe, CC will be Crown Princess and she and HS can go to Tiger City.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Reveal hidden contents

it doesn’t make sense as HS has memories from when he was a kid and martial arts etc. HS is truly a character from the script. 

In the ending the actor said he had a long dream and his mind is now filled with memories of oranges etc and how frightening it is and how he now cannot distinguish between dream and reality. 

So still think is that the actor only got HS memories and not that the actor was HS and lost his memories. Otherwise the childhood experiences/memories and martial arts doesn’t make sense. 

Spoiler

I think that’s why it’s an open ended for fans to determine about HS. It doesn’t make sense to me how HS memories just randomly appear in the actor mind unless he dreamt or went through it as HS. Also HS is a fictional character he’s not someone real so it’s hard for things like soul to be transported when he’s not real in the first place. I personally think the actor did travel to the script but he lost all complete memory of modern time. And was able to live as HS. The actor read HS character and even in episode 1 question XQ that HS would not fall in love with CC because it’s not his character. Martial arts the actor have acted in action so there’s chances when your body remember certain moves. I personally believe the actor did went in the same time but blended with HS character unlike XQ she took over QQ mind.

• Insightful 2

Ok I binge watched everything till 4am last night despite my crappy Mandarin (it's harder to understand the xianxia/wuxia and olden days drama conpared to modern dramas because of the proverbs and nuances used) but I couldn't stop myself from watching.

About Chuchu:

Spoiler

I think that her character is way beyond redemption by the end of the drama and she deserves the death sentence. It irks me to see she's still alive and well and still acts/demands like a Princess despite knowing her true lineage! AND she looks older than Pei Heng in fact she looks older than Yuan Yuan too!

About Yuan Yuan and Su Mu

Spoiler

Wished they added a wedding scene in the end, that would've been nice.

About Season 2

Spoiler

There are still some loose ends that could be tied should there be a Season 2 but the conflicts between our ML FL would be gone so the main arc of the story may no longer be there.

Lastly, HS's parents

Spoiler

Lol no way, his mom is Hua Mu Lan? And his dad is an incompetent nincompoop omg. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chsaf said:
  Hide contents

My Mandarin is very basic so from just watching the raws, HS was helping CC regain the Crown Princess title in ecchange of Rose City's oil/black gold. To cut it short, HS and CC get caught by the queen but CC is fine except the queen wants HS dead. That's where QQ stages her death so the queen is safe, CC will be Crown Princess and she and HS can go to Tiger City.

Thank you so much!

Spoiler

There was a scene where it looks like HS was trying to rape QQ and she was crying :( I hope he was doing that as part of the CC plot? Otherwise I'd be really disappointed in him. 

• Like 1