[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 hour ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Thank you for all those ending spoilers. Now I can finally watch it without worrying for bad ending. :D

Reveal hidden contents

Seems like neither Han Shou travelled to real world nor the actor travelled to the script. They just exist together in one body (??) :wacko: Confusing but it's a fantasy drama so I can't ask too much of logic :lol:

Someone posted the ending on Weibo and I could not help watching...

Spoiler

The actor had an accident and while he was unconscious he had a dream and in the dream he was HS and he remembered everything when he woke up. So he mentioned orange which made QQ realise that it’s HS since the script that he had didn’t have any fruits.

And she tested him by saying that he’s very ‘Tiger’ and he reacted very happily which confirmed that he’s HS (since ‘Tiger’ actually isn’t a compliment in modern slang, means rash or something) or at least that he’s the actor but HS is part of him since he retained all of HS memories when he woke up. So they embrace when he realize that she’s the orange. 

The ending made sense to me since HS is a fictional character anyway so HS can’t exist or travel over to modern times or whatever unlike those time travel dramas. 

ok this will tide me through any sad or unhappy parts lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reverie said:

but actually I’m a little mystified by the ending 

Reveal hidden contents

If the actor is HS how come he isn’t aware of his modern past like QQ and why does he have martial arts powers when QQ doesn’t? I feel like earlier foreshadowing would have made this more believable 

2 ways of interpreting this.

1) When actor guy got into coma, he got transported into story, but unlike QQ, who just wrote the story, he doesn't realize he was in a story and just assumed he had a weird dream and that's why he was able to have a lot of extra skills from the story

2) HS merged with the actor after their story ended in the story because QQ was touching his face when she left. He woke up and was just ultra confused again because he had never seen modern world before and suddenly he has a lot of new memories.

That's also why he was really cold to QQ initially cause he thought his other memories were just a dream a second time, but then QQ figured it out cause he called her an orange and they got their happily ever after.

Personally think it's number 2.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Weibo has become a dangerous place haha

I'm still trying to dodge all the spoilers, I wonder how long my willpower will last :joy:

99068125-694377991105725-748569134907785

• LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adidaem said:

Hide contents

The actor had an accident and while he was unconscious he had a dream and in the dream he was HS and he remembered everything when he woke up. So he mentioned orange which made QQ realise that it’s HS since the script that he had didn’t have any fruits.

And she tested him by saying that he’s very ‘Tiger’ and he reacted very happily which confirmed that he’s HS (since ‘Tiger’ actually isn’t a compliment in modern slang, means rash or something) or at least that he’s the actor but HS is part of him since he retained all of HS memories when he woke up. So they embrace when he realize that she’s the orange. 

The ending made sense to me since HS is a fictional character anyway so HS can’t exist or travel over to modern times or whatever unlike those time travel dramas. 

ok this will tide me through any sad or unhappy parts lol

Erm, the ending clip if anyone wants to be spoilt 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Isrin said:

Weibo has become a dangerous place haha

I'm still trying to dodge all the spoilers, I wonder how long my willpower will last :joy:

99068125-694377991105725-748569134907785

omg haha sorry I just posted the link to the clip in case anyone was curious but I put in spoiler mode so don’t open ok.

The pic is so funny. 

My willpower lasted all of one second (some more Weibo will auto play the clip as you scroll omg how to resist). 

But ok after knowing the ending I’m still very curious how the rest of the show will develop. Shall slowly slowly enjoy. 

• LOL 3

Weibo is a dangerous place right now. It's inevitable that I ended up seeing spoilers. However, I am excited to see how it plays out and the conclusion of it. I just want to soak in our orange and banana cuteness and love story before bidding it farewell when it ends. I do hope to see our lovely actor and actress be a main lead again in another drama. Although, I wished there was a season 2 like some of you have mentioned it might take away from the original drama. The characters was well written and we fell in love with HS and QQ. Maybe that's why I can't let them go lol. 

As for the ending my two cent is in the spoiler tab

Spoiler

I believe that Han Min Xing car accident transported him to the script at the same time as Xiao Qian. However, when he get transported he probably confused and lost his memories. If you think about the level of severity from a car accident compared to Xiao Qian passing out of being sick. After waking up we as viewers saw how distraught he was and confused. It's like someone waking up from a coma. When Xiao Qian went to visit him the first thing he remember he as is their first encounter as the script writer. He is still in the mist of waking up and the dream he had that felt so real. So he mentioned to Xiao Qian what he dreamt of. Then she realized before leaving that he mentioned something that was not in the script. When she came back he was still trying to figure out what happen but when she called him tiger. His eyes was shocked and her tears probably confirm that she was there with him. I believe that Han Min Xing is Han Shuo just like Xiao Qian is Qian Qian. However, the ending with her finishing the script I wish we had some extra scenes of Han Min Xing with Xiao Qian in modern time talking about what she should change or her teasing him. Also a visual kisssss will be nice but I am happy that it's a happy ending.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I really like the ending guys! It's very good imo! It's a lot more logical than I expected haha and I thought it was very satisfying.

Don't just watch the clip. Watch the full thing! It makes a lot more sense!!!

Also! QQ said one thing that's key for understanding of the story in around episode 20.

Although she thinks she is very smart, in the end, everything goes the way HS decides for it to go. He is the true character who pushes the plot forward to its conclusion.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I agree.. the ending is really good... and yeahh I wish we had more on the modern time.. but still... its a good ending... 

And I am so impressed with Han Shuo's character.. his final action for QQ really bring tears to my eyes T_T ... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

I agree.. the ending is really good... and yeahh I wish we had more on the modern time.. but still... its a good ending... 

And I am so impressed with Han Shuo's character.. his final action for QQ really bring tears to my eyes T_T ... 

Mine too. It was really touching! Also I hope for s2 so we can get more of them in modern world!!!

Also I like that

He didn't die there, he was just very sick, but that gave him the resolve to bring the story to the conclusion for QQ and bring her back to her world. As he said, he didn't want the ending to be one where they part through death, so he created an ending for himself.

• Sad 2

Ok. Call me thoroughly spoilt. I started this on the weekend till ep 14. Then saw the trailers till ep 20.

So i guess I managed to find the spoilers? Now the anxiety is whether to wait for subs till ep 24 and drop this at episode 10- have watched ep 14.

Man I don't know how you guys can follow Cdramas without going nutso with the free subs. The subscribed subs. The leaked raw episodes all at different stages at the same time.

I don't need subs but prefer to watch with subs. I came over after watching Intense Love. Which is subbed at episode 14 when I finished it till episode 24. And am stuck halfway with Dear My Lady. Then I think I finished Girlfriend weeks ago but subs are still not completed. I still haven't decided if I have the time or interest to watch the subbed episodes again. I mean the raw which are subs.

So how do you guys decide what to do when you watch a Cdrama? Also I don't know who the leads are. Well before Intense Love for the male lead anyway.

Spoiler

May I have some help with this? I don't know who the actress is before this drama. But which of these completed dramas do you recommend? My Chinese is not that good to follow the names in Mandarin. And the viki dramas which I found did not have high reviews for the ones I saw. And I see 8 dramas before this. Isn't she onl 21? Even I figured out it was a list of her male leads and kissing scenes.

Wowser. 

Thank you very much. Man China does churn out endless numbers of young actors don't they? They are all so pretty. I watch Kdramas normally but I swear I saw the Chinese doppelgangers in some of my Cdramas. So I have been so disoriented.

Thanks for the spoilers. I think I got ep 24 ending now. At least I think so. Now let me digest how I feel about it. I did so like the current timeline I am watching.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Ok. Call me thoroughly spoilt. I started this on the weekend till ep 14. Then saw the trailers till ep 20.

So i guess I managed to find the spoilers? Now the anxiety is whether to wait for subs till ep 24 and drop this at episode 10- have watched ep 14.

Man I don't know how you guys can follow Cdramas without going nutso with the free subs. The subscribed subs. The leaked raw episodes all at different stages at the same time.

I don't need subs but prefer to watch with subs. I came over after watching Intense Love. Which is subbed at episode 14 when I finished it till episode 24. And am stuck halfway with Dear My Lady. Then I think I finished Girlfriend weeks ago but subs are still not completed. I still haven't decided if I have the time or interest to watch the subbed episodes again. I mean the raw which are subs.

So how do you guys decide what to do when you watch a Cdrama? Also I don't know who the leads are. Well before Intense Love for the male lead anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

May I have some help with this? I don't know who the actress is before this drama. But which of these completed dramas do you recommend? My Chinese is not that good to follow the names in Mandarin. And the viki dramas which I found did not have high reviews for the ones I saw. And I see 8 dramas before this. Isn't she onl 21? Even I figured out it was a list of her male leads and kissing scenes.

Wowser. 

Thank you very much. Man China does churn out endless numbers of young actors don't they? They are all so pretty. I watch Kdramas normally but I swear I saw the Chinese doppelgangers in some of my Cdramas. So I have been so disoriented.

Thanks for the spoilers. I think I got ep 24 ending now. At least I think so. Now let me digest how I feel about it. I did so like the current timeline I am watching.

I know Chinese, so I don't need English subs, so it works a lot better for me, but I definitely understand the frustration. I recommend waiting till the subs (maybe dramacool? they may update faster) for this one cause you would miss a lot of the cleverness if you are not fluent.

I started watching this show because it got good rating on douban and the fact I recognized the FL from Killing of Three Thousands Crows (That show started well but ended poorly - so I can't really recommend that show however much I wanted to). The ML is very new. No one really know him until this show and Intense Love (and I haven't watched Intense Love before I watched this - it was a bit draggy and slow but ML was cute there too) -- though now I am way more likely to watch his dramas.

I start a lot of shows, cdramas got a lot better in recent years but their quality is still all over the place. I rarely finish shows without significant skipping, if I finish the shows at all (a lot of times shows start well in cdrama and just end really stupidly or they drag way too much in the middle). This is the first new cdrama I watched end to end without significant skipping this year. It's very rare for a low budget, original, non-hyped cdrama to turn out this good. It had good pacing, good acting, good characters, funny, and it didn't end awfully. So it feels like I found gold in a field of mud a little bit.

PS The FL is only like 22 (born 1998). She's been doing roles similar to this for the last bit, but honestly, this one is her best drama imo. Not because of her acting, just because this has better script writer and better director. Love Better than Immortality was okay, but it was a different show - the ML is way less lovable than the ML here and it's a bit more serious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@arcchidus thanks. I think I might stop this for awhile then as the previews for episode 17-19  looked a bit angsty. I will take any recommendations.

I will go back to Kdramas then. I am a half fluent viewer of both so can't watch raw episodes but Mandarin is a lot harder for me to catch the idioms. Pretty ironic that I am an overseas born Chinese who can read/write Hangul and speak it more fluently than in Mandarin. I can't even order or read any dishes in Chinese.

She is pretty though the lead actress. But the actors are so young. I went through a phase where I kept finding those University first love stories. The ML is a lot more emotive here than in Intense Love. And I read that the 2nd princess was in another show I watched. She was a doctor there?

Either way I might have been gaping slightly at the skimpy outfits here. Haven't watched Cdramas for a long while.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

She is pretty though the lead actress. But the actors are so young. I went through a phase where I kept finding those University first love stories. The ML is a lot more emotive here than in Intense Love. And I read that the 2nd princess was in another show I watched. She was a doctor there?

I only can remember her from Love by Hypnotic. She played a bit similar character there. She was chasing after the ML too who not even not liked her but despised her since she wasn’t accepting his no and he knew his brother liked her. Compared to this character CC is just an angry self centered kitten.

The Drama itself is very nice with lots of troupes but a devoted to each other OTP with HEA. The OST is just awesome and I have watched 3A Dramas who had nothing like that. The actors there aren’t top notch but very good especially the FL who never was acting before. She is a natural. And it is surely the Drama with the most kissing scenes ever, some a bit awkward but the actors got used to it very fast.

• Like 1

@Usi you're talking about the female lead here? There are a lot of kissing scenes here?  Don't watch enough Cdramas to know. Just that the video I watched showed her kissing and more kissing.

The male lead here is funny. Or at least I find him humourous. She is just cute.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

I tried to stop myself from watching the release of the whole drama but I needed to see the ending to make sure, so I watched the last episode with my friend who purchased it. She did not sleep all night lol. 

Hide contents

The ending: Just like most of us predicted that HS is the actor and he was also in the script. LOL no wonder HS is different from the script because it was our actor. Now I want to see the actor side when he got stuck in the script and what was going on in his head. I really love this drama and the ending was pretty satisfying. Sigh it will be difficult for season 2 with the story. 

My mandarin is limited so now I have to wait for subs.

These two episode just makes my heart so warm and fluffy. :D Also, in the live DYX makes peach juice from tonight live lol. I LOVE IT. DYX as HS is like a gift in the midst of chaos.

I thought according to a previous spoiler that 

Spoiler

He wasn't in the script, but the HS memories came to him after he got his accident? Makes more sense to me that way, otherwise why wouldn't he recognize QQ given that he already met her in real life before they got stuck?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1