[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Hi I’m a silent lurker here, finally decided to make acc :lol:

The head nurse is really suspicious. I don’t know if guys realize the head nurse doesn’t seem to like MY, for instance where MY was choke by her dad everyone rushed in to help dad, but was standing there looking at MY (I find that really weird). Second, GT asked the head nurse to read MY’s books, but she quickly answer no, she can’t relate to any of the stories, and like to read cruel and foolish love stories (hmmm what could this mean?).  

I have a feeling that the head nurse might be MY’s dad ex-lover? She really cares for KDW. In Ep 6 there’s a scene where she talk with MY’s dad, the dad said “she looks like an angel” then she asked who looks like an angel? Her facial expression tells me that she wish that he was talking about her, but the dad said is MY’s mom and she look kinda disappointed!?

I place my bet on MY’s mom is really dead, from ep.1-8 I really don’t see any evidence that proves she alive. The writer already show us who was behind the “ghost” mystery in the hospital. In ep 5 the scene where JR was slapped by her, on the wall it shows she probably have family members, so I really think she just one of the crazy delusional fans?

I hope these make sense :Dwhat you guys think?

Edited by Syjkmy
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji effect

TVN Saturday drama 'Psycho but it's okay' starring Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji has been ranked NO 1 in the drama content influence index. 

According to the content impact index (CPI. CONTENT POWER INDEX) announced by CJ ENM on the 13th, 'Psycho but it's okay' scored 288.4 points and won the 1st influential drama in July 1st (June 29th ~ July 5th). 

As a result, 'Psycho but it's okay' became the first place for two consecutive weeks following the 4th week of June (22nd to 28th June).

Full article

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002878837

005zaCLggy1ggoiqs0j7zj31hc0u01kx.jpg

005zaCLggy1ggoiarj2wsj31hc0u07wh.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

39 minutes ago, Syjkmy said:

I place my bet on MY’s is really dead, from ep.1-8 I really don’t see any evidence that proves she alive. The writer already show us who was behind the “ghost” mystery in the hospital. In ep 5 the scene where JR was slapped by her, on the wall it shows she probably have family members, so I really think she just one of the crazy delusional fans?

I hope these make sense :Dwhat you guys think?

Wait WHAT??? MY's DEAD??? Did I read that correct?

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, glory said:

i think this episode was just a calm before the storm as something or other might eventually trigger MY's trauma, again

i just finished rewatching the episode and some scenes from the preview (pictures below) really jumped out at me. they echo this ^ statement and the thought i know most of us have but want to avoid for now :( but so it goes: episode 8 was just so heartwarming, i'm sure it's crossed our minds that it will eventually come at a price. this isn't to alarm anyone of course, and im hiding the images as well as putting a trigger warning here now; just something to think abt and prepare ourselves for:

Spoiler

first off, isn't this a noose around mang tae's neck? and with MY looking so grim - i was actually wondering if the drama would touch up on this topic given that it's about mental health - this could be a reference on suicide:

VPszJ5o.jpg

VYoWsMq.jpg

second, if u look closely, although i was expecting the beach scene to be happy and romantic, there's so much sadness and pain in their eyes in these clips, it reminds me of a goodbye almost :(

KoCjePN.jpg

YXKUVi0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kenchickenchi said:

So Netflix already release the runtime for episode 9-10. And surprise surprise, Episode 10 will have 1 hour 21 minutes long.

Weekend, come faster please....

i guess the high school scene will be on ep9, as extra scene like bluebeard story?

btw, i just found this from the illustrator IG, dunno if this has been posted before

but from his post on july 3th, he already give hint MY hair will be short

if this is a glimpse of their future/ending, i will be very glad!!!!

KT,MY,ST travelling with the camping van!

wXtnG8Z.jpg

cr. jamsan74 ig

• Like 13
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Episode 8 made me so happy and squealing, I can’t believe we are halfway now. Can this wonderful drama last forever, I mean just saying coz I’m loving every bit of it, so some thoughts again: 

*KT: His smile, his smile, his smile is everything, finally I can feel his true smile, so bright and beautiful, happiness is blooming in his eyes, not Joker or Chucky smiling anymore. And the way he ran to MY with his heart-throb smile, gawd my heart was pounding so hard, cheers to our Moon Kang Tae. Also putting everything aside, KT is such a family-oriented and boyfriend/husband material (doing household chores, easing the atmosphere and being considerate towards his beloved ones). In episode 8, he showed more of his boyfriend symptoms (jealousy, protectiveness), their setup and KSH’s acting was so smooth and natural that those scenes are extremely pleasing to watch. His reactions and words are priceless for a suppressed man-in-love. (fangirl time: KT was really hot and intriguing when he beat that drunkard). 

*MY: I’m getting over my heartbreak for her long hair (I feel you ST), totally in love with her short hair now in this ep, stunning and lively, absolutely gorgeous. She still keeps her nature, acting up and triggering others when they’re against her, but with close ones (ST), she knows when to stop (as KT told her to), and also not to hurt them for real (she used pillows and hands with ST, but remembered not to touch his hair/the back of his head). She’s indeed growing well recently. And when KT was caressing her face, the scene was emotional and all then MY sneakily dropped that rock behind her back, I kinda laughed a bit too much XD.

*ST: I can empathize with ST when he said he could only offer MangTae not Kang Tae, to a certain extent. I relate this feeling when someday, my sister is gonna move out and have her own family with her special someone (I'm already a bit of jealous when she has her partner). Although most of the time I don’t actually rely on her that much physically or mentally (we are not that soulmates or sisterly loving complex, just common siblings relationship), I will still bawl my eyes out on her wedding day. Taking into account the Moon brothers’ circumstance, along with ST’s condition, this fear of “separate away” your siblings/beloved family member would be even more manifold. 

*That scene under the rain, when MY looked at the Moon brothers, and how she ran to catch them up, sharing most of her umbrella for KT, got my heart ached a bit. It might be a heart-warming scene of a family, it goes like this KT -> ST, ST -> MY (he asked if the food was too spicy?) and MY -> KT. But they’re not yet caring for each other simultaneously (if you know what I mean), it’s like they can only pay attention to one person per time and that’s shadowing that at least for now, in some cases, priority would be place for who. They still have to overcome so many boundaries in order to form a real family, where they don’t feel misjudged or neglected. It should be mutual for all, not just one-sided giving or a sense of responsibility, I'm praying that no more angst :<.

ST said MY got both of them move in the castle was like a BOGO deal while MY said a bomb and its safety pin always come in a set (ST and MY both claiming KT here). However, I think the incident when MangTae was torn in half and later fixed by KT shows hints that after all, KT will be fine on both ends. Maybe a little tug of war at first, but my guess is that ST and MY will get on good terms, in their own unusual ways, with little or no need of KT’s assistance. In the presscon, Oh Sung Je said that ST was not only a fan but also a friend to KMY, and ST mentioned he wanted a friend in ep 7, so maybe when ST and MY switch their formal relationship to more casual terms (idol and fan → friends), they will be able to understand that “sharing is caring” haha (I’m being optimistic). I think “offer” is a good pick, while sacrificing is noble but harsh, selfish is realistic but unapproving.

*One more shout out to our main couple, their moments together are so insane I can never imagine that kind of magical chemistry. I think it’s alright to say KT and MY are match made in heaven lol, their love story just bring back my belief in destiny XD. I squeals every time MY turns her naughty mode on towards KT, and KT teased to cut her hair into mushroom style, that was cute. 

*Anticipating points: 
- The flower song, is it my ears or its tune resembles Clementine song? Just that ST sang it twice and the nurse also repeated it, so maybe something fishy. And that head nurse sometimes annoys me a bit, she’s too strict as a mental caregiver.
- That lady patient Park Ok Ran, she’s skeptical. Her stern voice in the last replying to the hospital director gives me chills, it’s somehow similar to the scary yelling of MY’s mom in the past, but still lack something (someone said she’s a fan so maybe obsession with roleplaying her idol?), wonder what her condition was.
- Petition for supporting couples: Joori - CEO Lee, Jae Su - Seung Jae and Jung Tae - Areum, all of them would be cute haha.
- I’m ready to die for the moment MY doing aegyo to KT, pls make this happen. She did this twice but it was all fanservice and voice played lol.
- Also want to know the reason behind MY’s obsession for sharp things and the mysterious death of that patient in ep 1 with MY’s stolen knife, wonder if they let that slip for good.
- So far the ending scene of every episode is “KT - MY - together”, with gradually more progress in their relationship over time so I may have high hopes for the GRAND HAPPY ENDING. 
- With this kind of plot, I can wait with patience for the skinship thing. But if there is no kiss (even in the last episode), I will definitely sue lol. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, heartoppaya said:

Looking at what everyone is talking about, the singing did seem to highlight some issues. 

First off, it was a random scene with the head nurse and Hyung where they sang together about flowers. That was an unnecessary scene. But what’s interesting is, this PD doesn’t use unnecessary scenes.

Meanwhile the head nurse is obviously getting more and more sketchy. I need to watch all eight episodes again to prove my points: that the head nurse is intact linked thoroughly to MY, rather than hyung. What alarmed me was when her dad randomly said that MY’s mom is pretty and the head nurse seemed very interested in it.

i totally agree with you! some people said it was a nice moment between ST and head nurse but honestly i was kinda uncomfortable watching it. it definitely felt random, like there is an intended deeper meaning to the scene and not in a good way... she is definitely suss. head nurse seems to always be there but not really if you get me. she is present enough for us to remember her but not too much of a dominant character that we become suspicious of her actions?? idk feels like she plays a much bigger role in this puzzle.  

• Like 5

yesssss i agree with yall; the head nurse gives off soooo many bad vibes! she's always brushing people off when they speak to her, and she is so unsympathetic towards MY. apart from her nursing she never seems warm or comforting, unlike the hospital director (oh ji wang) who seems very kind and compassionate. 

8 minutes ago, floweroad said:

head nurse seems to always be there but not really if you get me. she is present enough for us to remember her but not too much of a dominant character that we become suspicious of her actions?? idk feels like she plays a much bigger role in this puzzle.  

this makes so much sense! i remember from one episode in the office US they were playing a murder mystery game and one of the characters said "it's always the person you most middle suspect," and that rings so strongly with the head nurse. i have a feeling that she'll be revealed later as an antagonist, or someone who is hiding some very sensitive info hmmmmmm

• Like 9

What's so great about Seo Ye-ji's performance in my opinion is the layers she brings to the character while making all the elements feel seamless in various scenes. Ko Mun-yeong is a bundle of contradictions and SYJ makes every aspect of her acting count in all those moments. While I wouldn't condone every single one of KMY's actions, how I feel about that doesn't really matter because her story is gradually unfolding. On the surface KMY is an irreconcilable force of nature and yet she's also a precocious child on some level that's dipping her toes into the water, living with mere mortals.  She's coming down from her elevated position as represented by the castle and mixing with "ordinary folk". The highlight for me in these recent episodes is seeing her moving into a gradual level of awareness and sensitivity to Gang-tae. Whatever self-interest motivated her to drag him into her dysfunctional, cynical vision of life, she doesn't remain untouched by his kindness. When he gives her the Mang-tae doll, she might start off cantankerously complaining about the look of it but she is not so devoid of feelings that she can't appreciate the thought that went into the making of the doll , the giving of it and the priceless nature of what it represents. 

For me MY is someone to be pitied more than anything because despite her intellect, her wealth and her beauty, she doesn't even know how to enjoy the ordinary things of life and appreciate them for what they are. These are things we all take for granted. The ability to enjoy family, friends and even to name or perceive "love" when it looms large. Sure she's attracted to what the Moon brothers have but she can't name it because she's never seen it up close and personal.

Sure, it's possibly legitimate on some level to interpret Beauty and the Beast as an exemplar of Stockholm Syndrome. It might be a viable analysis of the human condition. But that has no lasting currency or immediate relevance for those of us who lead ordinary lives in search of meaning. The cynical psychoanalytical perspective allows no room for us to move. It's just a power dynamic of victim vs perpetrator. However, the more sanguine vision of Beauty and the Beast calls us all to be better human beings whether we are Beauty or the Beast. If we position ourselves as Beauty, it means we can potentially be a force for good. If we see ourselves as the Beast, then we are capable of change... of being better than what we are. In this view the underlying optimism might be simplistic but it is more rousing.  What's positive about that interpretation is that is reminds us that despite everything that's thrown at us we are ultimately agents of our lives. 

Ju-Ri imagines that Gang-Tae likes Mun-Yeong because he somehow has a thing for bad girls.  And that might seem  plausible to some who don't know the entire story or who find their dynamic inexplicable.  It isn't as if he hasn't attempted to resist the pull. But to me it speaks well of him that he can see beyond the "beast" facade and see a little lost and frightened girl beneath it. Of course he has the opportunities and the skills to go beyond the surface level interaction. He can also acknowledge that he has been wrong and has the capacity to apologise, to learn.

At the end of the day it is still a K drama and we are still led to think that fate is at work here bringing them together first as children. He was incapable at that point of understanding the nuances of her situation and he had his own baggage to deal with. However, even if they are fated to be together, it doesn't preclude them from being agents.

I find their dynamic unusually powerful for a romance because of how it affects everyone around them. Initially I had the impression that they were largely thrown about by circumstances but there's something unique about putting two kindred spirits together who are increasingly aware that they are far stronger together. There's a sense of danger and unpredictability. I'm sure it's been terrifying for Gang-tae but now that he's crossed 2 major thresholds, he's embracing it with pure joy. Already we can see the people around them are very uncomfortable about what this means for them. Although Jae-su is a good and loyal friend, one gets the feeling that there's something a little bit unhealthy about how he's tethered himself entirely to the brothers. His comfort zone is being shaken up. It's obvious too that Sang-tae is sensing that something's afoot with MY and GT. That will become more of a bone of contention as the show progresses. Brother vs Lover. It doesn't need to be a protracted issue but it has to be acknowledged on some level. Not to mention Ju-ri and Manager Lee. But that's part of everyone's growth. Because of the shifting dynamics, they too are forced to explore other avenues and other relationships rather than assume that what has been will always be

In the minds of his friends and the people at OK facility, KMY is the indefinable anomaly. Trouble seems to follow her. But when I observe what happens when she's around, I don't see that she sets out to be a troublemaker. More often than not, she exposes (directly or indirectly) existing problems. I don't think she means to or that she really cares about helping people but her bad manners and unorthodox way of dealing with people often bring things to a head. I find that fascinating. It gives the show a surreal quality. The "witch" who by her sheer presence ensures results. Sure, we don't want every nursing aide beating up on DV perpetrators at a medical facility as a matter of habit but for Gang-tae it was yet another decisive moment. I don't think he regrets it in the slightest. Not just because he was defending his woman but he was "untethering" himself in a different way to how MY "untethered" herself through cutting her own hair. But like The Cheerful Dog, neither could have done it... without some external encouragement or support.

I doubt that A-reum and Jung-tae's in-house romance is any kind of big secret from anyone with eyes in that facility. ;) Whatever the rules are, it's clear that their romance gave A-reum strength to resist her violent ex. It's also clear that A-reum is not so idealistic about Beauty and the Beast to think that she is able to change the man she was once married to. Therein lies an important lesson of life... there are some people that we just can't help or are in no position to help them. Not everyone can change or wants to. Wisdom is needed to work out what's what.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 5

44 minutes ago, Not Me said:

i guess the high school scene will be on ep9, as extra scene like bluebeard story?

btw, i just found this from the illustrator IG, dunno if this has been posted before

but from his post on july 3th, he already give hint MY hair will be short

if this is a glimpse of their future/ending, i will be very glad!!!!

KT,MY,ST travelling with the camping van!

wXtnG8Z.jpg

cr. jamsan74 ig

WOAH so this one was drawn by ST? As this was shown on the upcoming episodes.

107494405_161464498778189_2393573845947691176_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_eui2=AeEdnpuudTs4lqXhgs-DU_y5sOhvMFHEgGqw6G8wUcSAatTI8nhNUi5JVkuc0utNEQg2BvTVoZ7VTY76za4X3jC3&_nc_ohc=pZjcJRxcqGMAX-dPX0w&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-6.fna&oh=32249a3f36e234268958f17df464b900&oe=5F31EDF1

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think that either KT or MY have had any actual dating experiences. Even though MY comes across aggressive, I think that's just a front to hide her insecurity. The thought that it could be love only just hit her this episode, and she seems to be reflecting on it. I know that she's teased KT about being a total innocent, but it feels like camouflage. For one thing, when would MY have dated? Her mother did such a number on her mind that I don't think MY ever allowed anyone to get close to her. So, it is nice that, as you've put it, they are both shedding layers and getting closer together.

Btw, my apologies, but I noticed that there was discussion about the Beauty and the Beast, with the Beast being KT who let his inner beast come out to beat up the guy who hit MY. However, I still think that the Beast in this case is actually MY, and KT is the Beauty who tames her. In the preview, MY says as much that she feels that KT is taming her.

MY is definately the Beast, being tamed as she is getting more and more at ease.

You know there is a "I still want to eat you" moment coming though when you least expect it.

• Like 4

Regarding MY’s mother, after 8 episodes I can safely conclude that she’s definitely dead. Why and how? Remain to be seen. That lady in OK Hospital who was singing Clementine Song most likely is MY’s mother’s hardcore fan. The reason she knows a lot about her idol.

add.

I am excited for the BTS this week. I wanna see the BTS of MY-ST fight....:joy:

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

Episode 8. What do I say?? Even better than episode 7 (though episode 7 had the message that hit home hardest for me. Cut those ropes that are tying you down!!)

I'm working backwards here and guessing wildly. I have not thought as much about the head nurse as y'all have but.... what if she is Moon Young's mum?? She's near enough to her husband to haunt him with the Clementine song or punish him if he had tried to kill her. Of course plastic surgery can always change her looks, but..... her voice would be a give away, and she would have shown more concern for MY and not left her laying on the ground.... hmmmm!!

Anyway, I felt some type of way when Moon Young cut her hair, especially because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this look.... Gorgeous!!

I0WkTyW.png

Spoiler

QeKdTGB.png

Then I remembered this animation sequence from episode 1 ( I could only get the static gif)

WVj6QNC.png

Moon Young's hair grows into the tree and is the leash that ties her down!! Writernim!!! :wub:

(I'm avoiding over-analysing this drama because last time I went down the drama rabbit hole (My Mister), I was so emotionally drained, I still haven't moved on, two years later. and I cannot rewatch it)

I expect a kiss this coming week and a traumatic end to episode 12, before the final conflict with the butterflies and the disappearance/death of MYs mum to free our OTP to ride off together into the sunset in their camper van. 

Does anyone know what this sculpture is? ( to me it looks like it's from the Benin Kingdom.) It was in the opening scene of ep 8. It must have a meaning.

Spoiler

IUxU4B7.png

-----------

Has anyone seen any interview with the writer discussing this drama?

I confess I was not very interested in the drama even with the cast because her first drama Jugglers was nothing spectacular. It's the teasers with Seo Ye Jin's voice taunting Kang Tae that got me hooked and I'm glad this drama has turned out to be such a delight!! 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1