[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

7 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

I really banged my Tablet when I heard that banana girl say ' I was with TI whole night'. I was like how can TI do such thing ! But no, thankfully  my boy was sulking by the river side .

I can't believe they did this to SJ's character. I always saw her as an anti-hero...

• Like 1

@chococarmela we are not going to have anything creative at this early stage. There is the kind hearted somewhat misled protagonist, so other possible competitors must be vipers, so for SJ and HW the die is cast. We may get some heroics from either one or both during whitewashing at the end, but not now. Look at how they turn SJ into a jealous, obsessed female. HW is way down the road to hell with CJH. In the Promise, a conniving, manipulative obsessed character for 90 odd episodes played by Park Hana sacrificed herself by driving the first lead's car. Park's mother had planned an accident. Instead of telling her mother to stop or calling the police etc. she redeemed her spoilt, rich girl role into a life saving heroine. We may get something like that from SJ who will be leaving for the US at the end.

I am still on the EC is HW's son theory. Of all the places they could eat chicken, EC and ED's sister went to HW's mum's shop. The woman said that EC was cute and she  wished her daughter had a son. That's irony coming our way. 

At least two more have found out the 'secret' , ED and TI. Just hurry up.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Saja La said:

He was willing to enter a loveless marriage for ED to get her justice, so it is only right that ED be the one to stop TI marrying SJ for ED's sake...  I'm liking how the story unfolds... 

From ED-HJH shipper, I must say that I really like your thought on this part.

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so maybe it is a good thing for us leaning towards the ji hoon and eun dong ship? ^_^

HJH-ED only has that one childhood memory tied them. While TI-ED has deeper and complicated bond between them, no one can't break. Things don't look so well for ED-HJH shipper. So, now I am wishing TI to buy more shoes for ED, any color would do.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

13 hours ago, shana0127 said:

She returns with better hairstyle , dressing sense and bit of more brains. She makes her entry at times when CJH thinks he won the company  with MH, SJ and reluctant HJH on his side though company is not making any profit. TI side is weak as he decided not to marry SJ though S J still covet for him. Her entry will be game changer as she has  foreign  designer friends and brands .And so a new twist.

Its not unheard of by any means - the male lead in A Place In The Sun leaves for the US and becomes a successful investor-changes his name-has a scar on his forehead removed.  The Chairman could agree to fund EDs higher education and sponsor her abroad but he dies/gets killed while shes gone so no one knows what happened. Like you said ...  She returns with better hairstyle , dressing sense and bit of more brains ... no one in this drama would recognize her :lol: ... but if they'd do it, it would have to happen soon.

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

then there is the runaway shoe superstition. in other dramas, the guy who gifts the shoe without 'selling' it will lose the girl.  @gutibear ~ so maybe it is a good thing for us leaning towards the ji hoon and eun dong ship?

What? :blink: is this a real thing?  ..... right -kdramaverse -stupid question ... of course its a real thing! 

@UnniSarah & @Lmangla - on the subject of TIs mom & dad - from the moms side, I'm having a real hard time buying the drama they keep trying to play this up as - Having HJH as a half brother isn't as big a deal as what MH is gonna do when she finally puts all the pieces together.  As for the dad, re-watch ep 6, that's where it all happens - where the decisions get made - I don't view it as anything dark on TIs part, he was planning on holding everyone to account and moving his father elsewhere, he simply ran out of time when his father had another attack as the authorities were literally entering the building to get HW & CJH - At the time of the decision he didn't know the heart would come from ED dad.

7 hours ago, maribella said:

So we can now start thinking; how is the quivering DS going to stand to the hectoring MH for 90 more episodes?

You know she's going to have to grow a spine, once the Chairman is gone it'll be full on war against HJH - He'll have TI who promised the Chairman he would protect HJH, he'll have Mom, and ED & family too  ... maybe Klutz too and HM as the growing love interest - (sorry, I'm not giving up on HJH & HM just yet:lol:)

- On the subject of SJ - I'm still holding out that she doesn't go full blown psycho.  Up til now she has responded as anyone in her position would - she hasn't gone out of her way to be cruel, and on some level I believe she does have real feelings for TI - the sooner she hooks up with TIs lawyer friend and gets him out to the family cottage, things will improve  ...  and she is still the best dressed ... I have forgiven her for the banana suit :lol:

- On the subject of MH - Did you all see HW threaten/attempt to blackmail MH?  Forget all the yelling and glaring, that silent amused look MH gave HW gave me chills .... even MH couldn't believe it ... HW is in trouble .... MH is still scary!

BTW - it took forever to get subs today - can anyone PM me with sites that get subs quickly - Thanks :)

LCO

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

34 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

What? :blink: is this a real thing?  ..... right -kdramaverse -stupid question ... of course its a real thing! 

when I initially came across this shoe superstition, I thought it was made up for the drama but apparently, it is a real superstition and mentioned in several cultural guides. you don't gift shoes to a loved one because the belief is that they will eventually run away in those same shoes. so you have to 'sell' the shoes -- some sort of token amount and can be anything like a coin. then, that superstition gets null and the person stays. in those dramas where there is shoe giving without 'selling', the guy loses the girl. so, it didn't strike me when the shoes popped up in earlier episode but when we were discussing it yesterday, it vaguely popped in my mind. not sure where the writer is going with this shoe business and whether the superstition will be weaved in.....

https://www.soompi.com/article/1222973wpp/13-unique-korean-superstitions-may-not-known

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

when I initially came across this shoe superstition, I thought it was made up for the drama but apparently, it is a real superstition and mentioned in several cultural guides. you don't gift shoes to a loved one because the belief is that they will eventually run away in those same shoes. so you have to 'sell' the shoes -- some sort of token amount and can be anything like a coin. then, that superstition gets null and the person stays. in those dramas where there is shoe giving without 'selling', the guy loses the girl. so, it didn't strike me when the shoes popped up in earlier episode but when we were discussing it yesterday, it vaguely popped in my mind. not sure where the writer is going with this shoe business and whether the superstition will be weaved in.....

https://www.soompi.com/article/1222973wpp/13-unique-korean-superstitions-may-not-known

Okay - I'm not feeling too bad - I knew about half of those :lol:

The big one that stuck out to me was this one...

A woman should also refrain from feeding her boyfriend chicken wings, or he might “fly away,” so to speak. Specifically, he might have an affair. Yikes! 

Not this drama currently, but ALOT of other romance dramas (eyeing TKEM) are putting plates full of chicken in front of the male leads - ooops! :lol: 

Thanks for the link @Lmangla :blush:

LCO

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

It could be Cinderella kind of thing. ED has a finger in every important pie, so to speak. She has direct line to the Chairman, his son, his maybe future SIL and his parents. The clock strikes 12 and she goes back to selling make up. That would be a terrible ending I must say. I actually watched a show that had a chaebol being besotted with an actress cum singer who had the hots for his son. The chaebol ended up being a waiter and the woman open a cafe in some ASEAN country. Maybe CJH and HW will end up that way?

Nope, they will give ED some glorious ending, wedded to the robot and owner of a company to boot.

@LeftCoastOppa DS can be stubborn , passive resistance, but she almost blurted the truth when cornered by MH. I think of her as a weak link but you never what the writer has in mind. She might surprise us, but that quivering must stop.

I am rather disappointed in SJ. She's going down to the dark side. She is now the same as the other women in Choi family who think that they are above ED because they have money and she is a janitor's daughter. She is now actively involved in tormenting ED.

She can't remain in the company so no romance with TI's lawyer friend.  Both she and her mum must emigrate. 

@LeftCoastOppa the most I can see HM at the end is for her to own an Ozawa shop or equivalent. HJH needs a wife who can help him steer through corporate rough waters, HM is not it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa DS can be stubborn , passive resistance, but she almost blurted the truth when cornered by MH. I think of her as a weak link but you never what the writer has in mind. She might surprise us, but that quivering must stop.

I am rather disappointed in SJ. She's going down to the dark side. She is now the same as the other women in Choi family who think that they are above ED because they have money and she is a janitor's daughter. She is now actively involved in tormenting ED.

She can't remain in the company so no romance with TI's lawyer friend.  Both she and her mum must emigrate. 

@LeftCoastOppa the most I can see HM at the end is for her to own an Ozawa shop or equivalent. HJH needs a wife who can help him steer through corporate rough waters, HM is not it.

Agreed - DS quivering has to stop - perhaps if/when the Chairman dies, she'll realize she has to be strong for both HJH and TI and she'll find her strength there.

I'm still holding out hope that SJ won't go full on darkside - she has a valid reason to dislike ED - but as long as she doesn't deliberately try to sabotage ED, its okay for SJ to be upset - she doesn't have to be EDs friend, but as long as shes fair, she can be cold, I'm okay with that

- We'll see what happens.

As far as HM & HJH go - the same reason HJH likes ED, is the reason I think he'll be able to be with HM - HJH has no problem overlooking someones modest beginnings - HM will certainly have to prove herself to him, but I think she can do it

... again - TI & ED can't be the only couple at the end of all this - that'd just be tragic

LCO 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I finally watched Episode 36 and realized Chairman Han is selfish. He wants Tae In as a son. His excuse may sound kind but to me it seems so selfish. It may be possible that he is trying look out for SJ, but who knows. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2980cf7d235ce974ca61

Tae In is truly lost and has no idea what to do. He has to think of both his mother and father sake. I hope Robot man doesn't start to drink and I am dying to know what happens in episode 37. I hope he would cool down and take some time off to think . I think he will reunite son and mom but DIM SUM may not like how he does it  PLEASE HELP ME SUFFERING FIRST MALE LEAD SYNDROME 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2920fe0870ce39f1d684

I saw the preview and ALL I CAN SAY . WHAT IS JOON HYUK UP TO NOW THIS SNAKE!!! @Lmangla Joon Hyuk is cute but he is going down a bad path. If anything happens to Kang II sub, what will Tae In do???? Joon Hyuk is so nosy and doesn't know when stop gettin gin people's business. 

Just needed to vent because I want Episode 37 RIGHT NOW!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b6fcf890a93f864b73

In Episode 37, I found HJH very annoying. Why???  I was like why are you looking for Tae In for????  Why does he keep acting like he can read people's mind???  I am like , he didn't find him for that question but wanted to know where Eun Dong is??? His questioned seemed so fake. He is so funny walking up to TI like he has beef with him.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

43 minutes ago, Saja La said:

Jun Hyuk shows his weakness here, him feeling down whenever HW so much as hint that she cares for her ex....  

@Saja La His inferiority complex towards Tae In is his fault. He shouldn’t feel 

that way because everyone has their own specialty but if they work hard, they can succeed and be proud of themselves. 
TBH Tae In will always be ahead of him because he didn’t steal, force someone to have an abortion, threaten or hurt anyone to get what they want. Joonhyuk is a MURDERER and this secret will come out. He murdered Cha Eun Dong’s father. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29db1dc64561fff3213b

i Can’t wait to watch episode 37 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

kekekke.. @UnniSarah ~ your gif reactions were hilarious; ^_^

so I think I will wait a few more episodes to get a feel of chairman han's actions. as of now, am rather neutral. he is under the assumption that both tae in and seo ju are sincere about each other. in that case, a secret from the past would be devastating for all. from that perspective it makes sense that he is saying to just go ahead with the wedding as he assumes tae in's intentions are genuine. seo ju and tae in are not legally or family wise connected. so there is no fauxcest here but inconvenient ties. a tie by marriage would mean that both families would get to be connected and stay in each others lives. so I can understand the logic but whether that is good or bad, will wait to see. am guessing the way it is going, ji hoon is going to find out very quickly what is going on. he is already asking quivering di shum if she and chairman know each other. 

now that myung hee and jun hyuk know how important eun dong's dad was to chairman han, there is going to be all sorts of games afoot. preview looks exciting!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, gutibear said:

The different in style between these two is so huge.. Maybe each of them bring her own stylish.. 

I like seo ju's style as they seem more interesting to see; some of it like that banana suit is a miss but she has much more nicer interesting wardrobe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I like seo ju's style as they seem more interesting to see; some of it like that banana suit is a miss but she has much more nicer interesting wardrobe.

I like yellow so SJ's outfit is not too jarring.  If she had limited it to the coat, wore it with white pants. It would look great.

I am sure each main character has a shop supplying clothes. ED and SJ are from different income groups and so are their clothes. A few times, the camera pointed at her back, she looks wide in the seat. I still don't think, she needs to look drab because of her size or income level. She should chop off that hair, it pulls down her face.

Has anyone seen ep.37? This step mother step brother issue is quite tedious now, just like the show my prettiest daughter. Their relationship was kept under wraps for so long, it made us wonder what the fuss was all about.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shana0127 said:

Stage is set for next big drama .

The most awaited wedding:  TI-SJ marriage !!!!

Who can break it? Kobra 

Whom will  he use ? ED

How will he break it ? @Saja La @UnniSarah pls throw some light

Are we getting any couple chemistry ? No No No-_-

Let me guess, you have watched ep 37.:D

I thought TI's expression was priceless when SJ last spoke to him about the wedding, told him to be quiet and do what she said. That must be how a man looks like when he has swallowed a grenade, when his mistress tells him she's pregnant, when the income tax people finds his stash, when he's fired after improving sales umpteenfold etc.....:lol:

Jun Hyuk is dipping into his bag of tricks and now TI's father is pulled in. Good luck CJH, setting yourself up for another humiliating scene.

I know this is not nice but I can understand it if I were in SJ's shoes, she said to ED to do what maids do since she's the lowly worker. Wouldn't you be peed off too if your fiance even if reluctant was found in a quiet spot with a woman you had hired as go-fer? I sort of pitied her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2