[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

@Saja La Love you comment and I fell the chemistry. I am so hooked on them but so afraid to go full blown Shipping this couple especially of it doesn’t work. 
I have so many questions 

1. why doesn’t Stepmom not ready to let Tae In know about who is her biological son?? I want to know why???

Tae In looks miserable because with this new revelation his plans are getting much harder.  
Tae In may not love SJ, but he understands her because her mom’s family aren’t really loving towards her. She is only looking to have something for herself and for her mom

2. Will HM ever come clean in the next two episodes??

3. Does SJ really care about Chairman Han??

4. What does she have against the poor??

5. Does Joon Hyuk love his family?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Even when HM first betrayed ED, you could tell she was conflicted about it - she and ED were obviously friends at that point.  Again, while I could indeed be wrong, I believe that once HM sees she can say no to CJH and the bar gangsters without fear of being beaten or kidnapped again, I think she will side with TI/ED and make amends for what she did in the past .... and don't forget it was CJ

CJH and family started all the evil things and I am sure everyone even CJH will be whitewashed at the end but HM came over to ED's side because she was caught. 
You have a point, she said it was easier now that she was beaten, maybe she would stick with people who treat her kindly.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

TI’s parents don’t like ED anymore. Lol she is going to get a lot hate from his parents. 

Come on. ED needs to go abroad and come back powerful or something, this drama is getting more and more ridiculous, even beyond my standards!

I took a very long break from this drama before starting to watch it again... I am disappointed so far... @UnniSarah

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Come on. ED needs to go abroad and come back powerful or something, this drama is getting more and more ridiculous, even beyond my standards!

I took a very long break from this drama before starting to watch it again... I am disappointed so far... @UnniSarah

I get where you are coming from but ED has no backer, she is really poor and unfortunate. She really can’t go abroad because she need someone intelligent and trusting to help her. 
You have to remember this drama is about  a teenager being betrayed by an adult and about the men who betrayed the innocent girl who became his father’s savior. You have to remember this only has 100 episodes. 
1. Step. Betrayal and Mistrust

2 Step secret and mistrust

3.  Partners, bonding and maybe love 

4. Destroy and lose to nemesis 

5. Villains start to loose 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I get where you are coming from but ED has no backer, she is really poor and unfortunate. She really can’t go abroad because she need someone intelligent and trusting to help her. 
You have to remember this drama is about  a teenager being betrayed by an adult and about the men who betrayed the innocent girl who became his father’s savior. You have to remember this only has 100 episodes. 
1. Step. Betrayal and Mistrust

2 Step secret and mistrust

3.  Partners, bonding and maybe love 

4. Destroy and lose to nemesis 

5. Villains start to loose 

This is a love story of a young woman and a not so young man who betrayed her and he himself has been betrayed by his fiancée. So the poor girl made good overseas coming back to wreak havoc on the awful chaebols do not seem to be in the cards. However, if the writer does it, it wont be to study. It would be to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do. There are many poor foreigners there, many entered illegally but Koreans do not need visas to go there so she will enter legally. There are many Korean restaurants, grocery shops...

Isn't this 120 episodes?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, gutibear said:

the shoes survived!! the shoes survived!!!

I don't have subs yet, but I'm imagining she says something about them being good hiking shoes :lol: ... at least I hope that's what she says, those things are HIDEOUS!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I still have not watched today's episode.But the discussion regarding ED going foreign did catch my attention. @chococarmela you do have a point. I have seen a kdrama with similar scenario. Like ED somehow managed to give her high school exams from prison and has enough vocational training .Now she has rich Chairman Han as her Godfather. After finding out ED is being bullied in her department, he thinks to pay off his debt to ED's  father and decides to give ED an upgrade by sending her to some  fashion school in France .

She returns with better hairstyle , dressing sense and bit of more brains. She makes her entry at times when CJH thinks he won the company  with MH, SJ and reluctant HJH on his side though company is not making any profit. TI side is weak as he decided not to marry SJ though S J still covet for him. Her entry will be game changer as she has  foreign  designer friends and brands .And so a new twist.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Well then something interesting has gotta happen. There’s like 10 villains in this show, I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up in a coma with the way things are going! There’s no way she’ll win, even with her family and her useless love interest (I still dislike JH and TI) by her side.

@shana0127 I like this. Reminds me of Shin Aeri or Kim Miran/Julia Kim. This should be done, perhaps in the early-middle part of the drama.

@Saja La this drama is already incredibly unrealistic and insane. She has a job and the Chairman’s support, that can be accomplished in the middle of the drama. I never said now. Sorry, this drama is getting on my nerves. As I said, she’s cornered, she can’t win. She needs an advantage, and not in the form of the person (a man.) She needs her own advantage because I for one am sick and tired of seeing female MCs in k-dramas being treated like s—t by everyone until the last 5 episodes of a drama where she hides behind the love interest’s back to “save” her. She can make it on her own somehow without being painted as a damn villain, because from what I’ve seen, k-dramas (Koreans? Maybe, maybe not) hate self-made, successful women without a man. Look at what happened to Carrie from Gracious Revenge if you want an example. Or Koo Se-kyung from “Sister is Alive”.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

My poor HJH always comes between ED and TI.. just do whatever it takes to ruin their moment and to delay their ship from sailing :D

@chococarmela ED went abroad? I thought bout this option more than once tbh but it seemed impossible then. Now with Chairman Han acknowledge her, why not?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I don't have subs yet, but I'm imagining she says something about them being good hiking shoes :lol: ... at least I hope that's what she says, those things are HIDEOUS!

kekekek... would agree -- that is a hard colour to match with your wardrobe unless you are into that shade of peach. why not gift her black or brown or cream shoes? I was honestly wondering why he got her shoes in the first place.. he obviously doesn't watch dramas. ^_^ he could have just gotten her those floaters/slippers that everyone wears inside the house like this one which is what usually happens in other dramas when it is summer.

850c5f5ed2f8643f7956142075168675.jpg

then there is the runaway shoe superstition. in other dramas, the guy who gifts the shoe without 'selling' it will lose the girl.  @gutibear ~ so maybe it is a good thing for us leaning towards the ji hoon and eun dong ship? ^_^

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

this drama is already incredibly unrealistic and insane.

:joy: LOL. it makes it hilarious because you never know whatever other plot is coming through! :lol:

• Like 5

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29619be2dfc3042807baHmmmm 

Now we know why she wants to take her time to tell Tae In. This is so messed up. He saw her about to kill herself. That is very traumatic for a young kid. I think this maybe one of the real reason why Tae In took the deal to save his father. I think it had to do with her the most. 
 Episode 36 hasn’t been subbed yet .

What do you guys think?? @maribella @LeftCoastOppa @Saja La @Lmangla 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@UnniSarah ~ I have a slightly different take on this though I haven't seen ep 36 yet. so while tae in is sincerely attached to do shim, his decision to save his dad by whatever means lays with him. she really does love kang il seob and was genuinely feeling scared and miserable. while she leaned on him as a son, it was not like she ordered him to save the dad's life by whatever means. robot did that all on his own.

now, I don't think it is just love that is the driving force here. it is the inability to accept that death is a cycle of life. even before this mess started, he wanted to take the dad to another hospital and was also looking at china. no one travels to another country for organ transplant because you are not going to be on the list. even for citizens, it is a really long wait.

so what was he referring to? in short, the black market where no one knows if the person really died or was murdered... people don't ask questions how but just accept because they are so desperate to save their loved ones. they don't want to accept that life for everyone has a limit. am getting philosophical but I do see that as one of the reasons behind this real problem.

robot participated in a black market deal but unexpectedly, he knows the source of donation. he can claim that he didn't know it was going to be her dad but the matter of fact was he didn't care about the source as long as his dad was saved. did he ask how they were going to get the heart at such a short notice? the moment he decided to enter a black market deal, he knew it would involve some sort of illegal acts. it is only later that it strikes him that to save his father's life, he basically was responsible for the loss of another.

so I won't blame do shim for robot's decisions. that is on him. he is an adult and is capable of processing on his own. nothing about his characterization so far shows him as a pushover that is easily moulded by others. as for the past, she had no way of knowing a kid and man would be there that day. for all she knew, it was isolated and she was depressed. it was not like she dragged them into the water or called for help. they just happened to be at the scene by chance. but the background just shows how tightly knit they are and the healing and the love they found with each other as a family. so it is going to hurt him to hurt ji hoon because of her.

• Like 4

Hello fellow soompiers, I have started to get interested in this drama and I missed a lot from the beginning. So, the chairman got the heart of ED's dad. So where did TI's dad get his heart from? Thank you for your answer!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hmmmm 

Now we know why she wants to take her time to tell Tae In. This is so messed up. He saw her about to kill herself. That is very traumatic for a young kid. I think this maybe one of the real reason why Tae In took the deal to save his father. I think it had to do with her the most. 
 Episode 36 hasn’t been subbed yet .

What do you guys think?? @maribella @LeftCoastOppa @Saja La @Lmangla 

I have a more cynical thought;  the writer needs to spread the thread over so many episodes since it is a key to the development of the whole story. It should have been resolved a few episodes ago.

So we can now start thinking; how is the quivering DS going to stand to the hectoring MH for 90 more episodes?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7

Just saw the episode. What a twisted reason Chairman Han has to have TI as family?  Is marrying SJ, only way to his family ? Too nice, he cares for SJ who is complete psycho like her Mom!

I pity TI. He has to know it all and be a sacrificial goat.HJ H gets to throw tantrum and his dad clears his way to get the company . Chairman Han is so selfish !! He knows SJ and her Mom are dangerous that's why he wants to hang them in TI's Neck . So that he handles them and then he wants TI's promise to keep the road clear for his loving son! 

I really banged my Tablet when I heard that banana girl say ' I was with TI whole night'. I was shocked, how can TI do such a thing ! But no, thankfully my boy was sulking by the river side .

Now that cobra CJH is  my only hope. I really want CJH to mess the things up for TI SJ. Let him fit,click,scandal, spike or do whatever he can to bring TI ED together . These both will remain platonic till something really big happens to bring them together. SJ with her obsession and baseless suspicion is further gonna push TI towards ED.I

PS. I observed ED is not usual flat chest, petite female lead. She is curvy and sexy.I happened to see some old episodes today where she once wore a tight fitting top and HJH was around.It felt nothing unsual.But today when she was with TI on river side,she had this tight top.Though TI just stared at her shoes . But my gutter mind was like come on just scan her once from head to toe please.Ah ! well my gutter mind.

Edited by shana0127
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5