[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

26 minutes ago, mizv said:

Greetings,

I watch this drama off and on to kill time.  I haven't faithfully watched each episode.  

Wondering if can kindly explain the relationship between Chairman Han and TI mom?

I understand they have a past relationship together.  But am confused,  Is TI  chairman Han missing son?

Or is JH the baby that was possibly taken away?  All I saw was this shocked looked on TI mom face when she asked JH how old he was and she was stumped.

chairman han and tae in's mom were lovers many years ago. perhaps they planned to marry, who knows. but chairman han's father played villain. so he told her that his son dumped her and moved away (abroad?) but then came and took the baby away. chairman han was told that she abandoned him and the baby. he believed his father and just raised ji hoon. with seo ju getting married, he was struck by feelings that perhaps he ought to look for her and find out what happened. he never bothered before even though ji hoon had asked lots of questions when he was younger. so he did a little digging and found that she had re-married tae in's dad and raised tae in as her son. (the first wife had died) she asked ji hoon his age to confirm if he was indeed the son who she lost... so tae in and ji hoon are more like stepbrothers. ji hoon's biological mom is tae in's stepmom (who raised him)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am angry  . I am really really angry .:angry:

CJH is having fun of his life time using ED against TI. Now when I see how birdbrain ED is ,she did deserve jail for her stupidity.It's so easy to use her!

HJ H is real match to ED as he is equally idiot like her.These two would end up being victim or used by the shrewd people like CJH.

I pity TI. He should just stop striving for redemption for a broken promise to an idiot  like ED.That girl would never know that TI went through equal pain.Neither did TI kill her father nor did he send her to jail and as for the proof, well did not she see he used it to save his own dad! Did not ED father want the same !

ED is so obsessed with TI.If it is good it is TI ,if it is bad then again it is TI ! She just can't see anything other then TI ! Not even the real culprits !! What shall I name such obsession ?

Fine let TI hurt again.Let him make fool out of himself.Let him be used once again.It was HW then SJ and ED now . All these three women may claim they love him in the end but first they  juice him out and make his guacamole:vicx:

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

ED is so obsessed with TI.If it is good it is TI ,if it is bad then again it is TI ! She just can't see anything other then TI ! Not even the real culprits !! What shall I name such obsession.

ED is more of a villain than most of the actual villains! How does that work?! Might watch this show again just to see a Jung Ae-ri/Choi Yoo-ra 2.0... I sure do love evil protagonists, especially in dramas!

• LOL 3

31 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

ED is more of a villain than most of the actual villains! How does that work?! Might watch this show again just to see a Jung Ae-ri/Choi Yoo-ra 2.0... I sure do love evil protagonists, especially in dramas!

Who are they ,which drama,was it a happy ending ?

BTW ED is not evil, she is stupid ! I did pity her in the beginning thinking she was too young .But seeing her being fooled by same man again and again makes me rethink.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

Who are they ,which drama,was it a happy ending ?

Jung Ae-ri: the villain in Cruel Temptation (2008-2009.)

Spoiler

She was the friend of Gu Eun-jae (played by the iconic Jang Seo-hee) and the mistress of EJ's cheating husband Jung Gyo-bin. She also had a child with the cheating husband then basically ruined EJ and her family's lives. Then the cheating husband almost killed EJ by drowning her in the ocean. EJ takes someone else's identity and spends the rest of the drama getting revenge on Ae-ri and Gyo-bin.

The ending: not exactly happy.

Choi Yoo-ra: the main villain in Ice Adonis (2012.)

Spoiler

The stepsister of Seol Yeon-hwa (played by Lee Yoori) and Seol Soo-Ae and the daughter of Choi In-Suk. She killed the sister of Yeonhwa's boyfriend Ha Yoon-jae and framed Yeonhwa for it by bribing her father who was a judge, her defense lawyer, and a corrupt police officer, as well as framing YH for company espionage. Then she put YH's mother into a coma, stole Yoonjae, and took away YH's kid. Yeonhwa teams up with Yoonjae's stepbrother Choi Kang-wook, the ex-fiance of YJ's sister, Kim Taeil, her friend from when she was in jail, Kim Young-sun, and Chairwoman Julia, a powerful investor, to get revenge on Yoora.

The ending: somewhat happy? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@chococarmela I was curious and took a peek at Ice Adonis, the few episodes that I watched were good. Lee Yoo Ri is a better actress than Park Ha Na, she did not even have to hiss to sound menacing. Revenge shows seem to be her forte. This revenge show is not in that category, I cannot see either SJ or ED killing each other over TI. In the promise, there was a child, and also there was child in Ice Adonis. It created more sympathy. HW would not seem to be so bad if she had not aborted the baby. Now she can't get pregnant. She could not be so bad if she had held on to the ultrasound for 7 years. I had to ffwd at the last part of the episode. TI is not only a robot @Lmangla he is not a particularly smart one. He wants to seek revenge on CJH and HW by marrying SJ, but he is falling into ED's trap who is not particularly great in the head either. I just cringed when the camera panned to ED's hand on his arm. Dude be serious with your life plan. ED dresses like a middle aged school marm, the designs and colours, and she is playing the femme fatale? :tears:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

ED dresses like a middle aged school marm, the designs and colours, and she is playing the femme fatale? 

I noticed her outfit too, lol.. not helping to show her-should-be 26 yo.

I don't really like Chairman Han. Somehow I think his goodness is not convincing. He knew what happened to Mr. Cha, that Mr. Cha has a daughter and that he indebted to Mr. Cha. But what had he done when Mr. Cha passed away (in a foul play where his in laws was involved with)? Nothing, except visiting Mr. Cha's charnel house now and then.

He should have done more. At least, he should have tried to reach Mr. Cha's daughter, to make sure that she was okay, after she lost her father in such a tragic way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gutibear said:

I noticed her outfit too, lol.. not helping to show her-should-be 26 yo.

I don't really like Chairman Han. Somehow I think his goodness is not convincing. He knew what happened to Mr. Cha, that Mr. Cha has a daughter and that he indebted to Mr. Cha. But what had he done when Mr. Cha passed away (in a foul play where his in laws was involved with)? Nothing, except visiting Mr. Cha's charnel house now and then.

He should have done more. At least, he should have tried to reach Mr. Cha's daughter, to make sure that she was okay, after she lost her father in such a tragic way.

His character is a supporting role so maybe they do not want to spend screen time on him only. Another one of those puzzles. He knows that his wife and stepdaughter are hatching something because he says it aloud to his wife when his wife has a run in with TI's mother.

Then he seems to pay a bit more attention to HJH. So it's not surprising that he ignores Cha's family, he ignores HJH too.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, maribella said:

His character is a supporting role so maybe they do not want to spend screen time on him only. Another one of those puzzles. He knows that his wife and stepdaughter are hatching something because he says it aloud to his wife when his wife has a run in with TI's mother.

Then he seems to pay a bit more attention to HJH. So it's not surprising that he ignores Cha's family, he ignores HJH too.

@maribella @gutibear

All supporting chaebol characters in kdrama land don’t have much screen time. Chairman Han will never punish his in laws. He is to weak to especially when they will use the “ THEY ARE HIS SAVIOR card  “ whenever they feel threatened . Just like HJH won’t really punish them because they are supposedly his family. Joonhyuk’s aunt raised him blah blah blah so he should feel indebted to them. Without them he would be nothing blah blah blah. This drama needs a character that will go all the way to destroy them because they have nothing to lose. 

• Like 6

ep 29 thoughts ~ was kind of bored. ^_^ nothing really exciting over the spider hug except eun dong feeling like her skin crawled and feeling mad. tae in wasn't moved but more like startled and wondering what she found out. ha! so much for romantic vibe. 

jun hyuk is taking pictures of eun dong and tae in. she is as usual asking the robot for an explanation but he never bothers to give. even ji hoon is asking what exactly did tae in do to eun dong's dad but again, no answers. no one thinks it is weird that ji hoon is a bit close to eun chan or that he knows where eun dong is. seo ju only slightly raises her eyebrows but thats pretty much it. hye won finds out that she can't have kids. weirdly enough, am now wondering if jun hyuk had a side kid somewhere and that would turn out to be eun chan!

@maribella ~ chairman han is a bit of a puzzle. on one hand, he knows what is going on but then he is wrapped up in his own world that he doesn't seem to bother. so he tells ji hoon that he wants him and tae in to lead the company because jun hyuk is unreliable and seo ju is selfish. if you know a relative is unreliable, why keep them? myung hee is spitting mad and now wants the marriage to tae in to happen regardless.

ji hoon looks like he has some tingling as he asks if tae in's mom knows him. well, the woman was shaking and crying every time she looks at him. so he was bound to ask. at least he has a little more brain than eun dong at the moment. so 3/4 brain + a big laugh?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Preview for the next eps, 31

it seem uri half brain heroine is starting to realize that she fell into CJH's trap

and again...superman TI will come to save her

i hope after this incident, ED will finally realize who is her real enemies

jeball...enough being stupid & so impulsive 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What? Woh? No kiss, no haaaaat scene ! Just a close hand holding photo and ED  is gonna use it to destroy him !I am so disappointed in her -_-

. @chococarmela you called her villain protagonist right! Now see that's why I call her bird brain ! Look at her below average level!

At least  read my script Writers !!!!! I gave such a good idea of drink spike and all :rolleyes:. We still have so many many episodes , use my idea somewhere Ok.

Is TI gonna be blackmailed by that Chairman wife into marriage or getting  company secret to let go of ED! I don't worry anyways , coz T I mom is an atom bomb now ,who will blast Chairman wife if she dares do anything to TI.(She is already angry that her other JH has not been treated well in family ! )

THis TI mom is a thing ,I must say. That fierce dialogue " I won't let your family take both my sons" . Claps!  Claps ! She keeps crying and trembling now and then but has capacity to blast just anything . She will soon go into hair snatching fight with Chairman wife and demand justice from chairman Han for her two sons.I love the way she treats TI and JH as her own. She is recently stuck JH yes,well quit understandable , she finally found her snatched away son ! But She never forgets TI.That's called mother .That's why I never call her TI step mom coz  she is just so real mom!  I love her.

SJ-Ti  are not happening anytime soonB)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just finished watching Eps 28-29-30 and a re-watch of Ep: 6 ..... lets get into it

Ep 6 - since I saw alot of postings on what TI did and didn't do in the past and how it relates to more recent episodes, I decided to re-watch Ep 6 for some of the more critical details....

1) at the start of the episode TI is taking CJH & HW to task for what they did to push his father down the donation list to save Chairman Han - he has EDs evidence in hand. He has called the authorities who are actually in the building on their way to the same office - TIs father is still dying at this point.

2) HW in fear of being exposed and losing everything, throws herself at his mercy and swears she will save his father if TI will spare her - at this time TI gets a phone call from his distressed mother - TIs father has had another attack - TI agrees.

IMPORTANT NOTE - at this point in time, ED is still in jail for only a year+, her sentence has not been extended. Also, TI agreed only to save his father - HE HAD NO IDEA WHERE THE HEART WOULD COME FROM - TI only finds out whose heart it was AFTER the surgery was already performed.  This is V-E-R-Y important going forward as ED believes that TI KNEW it was her fathers heart, when in fact he did not.

If ED faced the same situation in TIs place, I'm sure she'd make a similar decision.

Eps - 28-29-30 -

Three episodes of everyone asking great questions, asking the right questions, asking the important questions ...... AND NO ONE IS MADE TO ANSWER :angry: they just let them off the hook or accept some nonsensical misdirection ...... lame!

While I've found HW annoying pretty much from the start, today upped it a notch - it now appears shes up for a deputy chief position .... HW? .....really? ......why? .....cuz this is the kdramaverse thats why! :blink:

And what is it with HWs wardrobe?  Almost everyone else is in full styling mode - take SJ for example - while I think she'll soon be headed down the psycho - fiancee path, she sure was working that black dress and the lavender business suit (she needs to lose those boat anchor sized earrings though) :lol:

And speaking of HW & SJ .... why why why did she hold back that (much deserved) slap?  Swing away SJ swing away!

MH is scary - Part: I  - loved how MH just shut HWs snark right down - MH slipped right up behind her and HW goes from snarky to trembling .... MH is scary.

Looks like EDs not just having issues with TI, but also with his parents.  TI's Mom & Dads kindness is giving her a much needed moment of pause....

If you ever wondered how our ever-brooding male lead seems to always be one step ahead of everybody, the answer is a resounding ... he got it all from his Dad!  That Gentle, timid, passive little man took on MH and talked her right into a corner - hell, even she couldn't believe it - Bravo Dad, Bravo! :lol:

From now on HW & CJHs Moms = two Harpies - credit to @maribella

Harpies evil daughter is home - start the countdown to the inevitable ED faceoff - get ready on that slap counter:lol:

I'm adding another descriptor to our ever-brooding male lead - STOLID -  ..... " .... can I hug you? ...."  Nice try ED! My boys not having any of it! You go on and get those pics, his hands are clearly at his sides .... thats "ever-brooding-stolid male lead" to you! :lol:

I hate to say it, but I think Chairman Han is not long for this world. MH clearly heard him lay out his plan on the future of the company and MH is none too happy - remember MH is scary, and I think before the end, she has him whacked!.... or if he has another attack and she just lets him die.

How about those reporters in the police station ...... huh? what? you talking to us?:lol:

So HW is infertile ..... beware, beware, the kdramaverse boomerang of Karma! ( I did actually feel sorry for HW here - she sees now how much better TI is than CJH)

ED demands TI meet with her - he's late - she sits reflecting, obviously at odds with herself on what she plans to do, when he finally shows up, hes got a busted lip, immediately drops into a seat and grabs a bottle of Soju - does she ask what happened? OF COURSE NOT - that would make too much sense, besides she has something else on her mind .... fake sexy time for the paparazzi! :wub: Sorry ED! My boy aint having it! You think a few bottles of Soju changes anything?  HA!   the "ever-brooding-stolid male lead" is now the "drunk-ever-brooding-stolid male lead" .... take your pics .... again check his hands.... no hands - no kiss - you got nothing! :lol:

I give it 2-3 episodes tops, before the secret of JH/TIs mom gets out.

MH is scary - Part: II  You know ED is normally unfazed by most in this drama, but let MH get into full battle-stride and she even had ED back peddling ..... cuz MH is scary!

So - how many episodes do you guys think it'll take before TI smiles? .... or laughs? .... who gets it out of him?

Only 70 more episodes to go! :lol:

LCO

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@maribella About Ed's wardrobe, remember in Teacher Oh Soon-nam the FL always dressed down until about half way through the drama: hair always up, wearing hanboks, etc. Until she walked into the boardroom of the company - voila! 

I look at TI & I'm reminded of that drama that aired not too long ago. Cornbread! The husband was his wife's boss & was having an affair. Even though the audience was red-faced & blubbering, the guy's expression never changed. 

NOTE: One of my shortcomings is that I can't multi-think. I'm cooking cornbread at the moment so trying to think of the name of a drama at the same time....No can do. So when I forget from this point on, I will insert the word "cornbread." 

• LOL 4

3 minutes ago, Takingthehighroad said:

look at TI & I'm reminded of that drama that aired not too long ago. Cornbread! The husband was his wife's boss & was having an affair. Even though the audience was red-faced & blubbering, the guy's expression never changed. 

That was VIP with Jang Nara. Those of us chatting Thought it was such a great show because we were trying to figure who the kept woman was. After the revelation, we were shown how pathetic the other woman was, how much the one expression husband loved the wife he cheated on... like who cared. I had commented about the guy's one expression after the first few episodes. One poster asked me to keep it upbeat so the show would get good ratings! Like other people were blind. Don't I just find these posters who think they have the right to tell you what post darn irritating. Anyway, TI in this show has 3 expressions which however can be described as dour, nonplussed, angry (all unsmiling).  

I wonder if she had put on weight, that's why she is wearing those camouflaged clothes. HW, SJ and her mum plus the two harpies ( almost forgot them @LeftCoastOppa) all dressed quite formfitting.

But if they are going to make her a corporate powerhouse halfway through this might be a good strategy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I just watched the last eps, 30, subbed

it's very obvious that TI's parents are way more comfortable with ED than SJ

they must be expecting for the marriage arrangement between TI & SJ to fail 

Regardless their reasons, how can they invite his son's secretary instead their daughter in law to be to his son's birthday dinner :lol:

They even invited her to stay over :joy:

And again, we see ED's & HW's brainless acts

i think none of us can understand how ED can easily forget who put her in jail in the 1st place

then again extend her jail time total 6 years

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yukiyukiku said:

I just watched the last eps, 30, subbed

it's very obvious that TI's parents are way more comfortable with ED than SJ

they must be expecting for the marriage arrangement between TI & SJ to fail 

Regardless their reasons, how can they invite his son's secretary instead their daughter in law to be to his son's birthday dinner :lol:

They even invited her to stay over :joy:

And again, we see ED's & HW's brainless acts

i think none of us can understand how ED can easily forget who put her in jail in the 1st place

then again extend her jail time total 6 years

TI's parents are working class as ED is. That may be the reason for them being comfortable with her. She also sewed a suit for TI at his father's request. But you are right, not inviting SJ to the house and TI does not seem to have any plans with her does not augur well for TI-SJ shippers. I think I am moving away from that. chairman  Han says she's selfish. But I don't ship TI-ED, not at all.

• Like 6