[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

ep 27 thoughts -- am going to be left field here but eun dong is not being half brain impulsive here. :P eun dong did not get deceived by jun hyuk because he did tell the truth in some sense. tae in did sell out eun dong and her father in exchange for his dad to be operated on. that was the deal. he didn't go to the police and give the evidence. he accepted their deal which is why none of the baddies are in jail. .. now jun hyuk did leave out was that tae in felt very conflicted about it but is now trying to do revenge but does that change anything? at the end of the day, he accepted the deal and chose to stay quiet so his father's life could be saved...

sorry ED-TI shippers! but from my view, he deserves eun dong to come at him with wrath and fire and am looking forward to seeing what her half brain impulse nature will come up with!  kekeke...:sweatingbullets: as much as jun hyuk is annoying, it is hardly his place to explain that tae in is trying to correct a wrong. that should be the robot's job but since he chooses to stay silent about everything, he is allowing himself to be misunderstood. it is not poor baddie's fault! ^_^ now, like @LeftCoastOppa noted about previous drama gracious revenge, bad behaviour like attempted murder is hardly a road block to a couple getting together. :lol: so who knows what could happen in dramaland! kekekek...

for once I liked the childhood portions. normally am gagging and eye rolling but I thought kiddo ji hoon and eun dong were rather cute. maybe because they giggled like actual kids? kekekke... but what I like is that this history won't just be for possible romantic connection but also for ji hoon to play knight. eun dong is already at the centre of some rumours as employees are wondering how an ex-convict high school graduate got such a job. ji hoon is already raring to tell the detail about eun dong's background to chairman han but she is holding him till she joins the design team. since the other workers on the team are already catty, can see ji hoon stepping up and defending her as the daughter of the man who saved him in childhood. now, that detail will protect her in the company as well as in the family -- seo ju is already a bit antsy but knowing that it is ji hoon spending a good deal of time at eun dong's house will keep eun dong out of the fire.

smackdowns:

1. personnel change: loser: jun hyuk gets left in the dust because of hye won. guy doesn't need other enemies; he already has his wife sabotaging him at every turn. draw: tae in and ji hoon who get promoted. winner: chairman han who wins the argument and tells jun hyuk to leave so he can give his sons presents.

2. myung hee vs chairman han: winner: chairman han. myung hee tries her best to ask tough questions but he just flies by through them. guess he has many years of experience handling her interrogation. the woman should have been in law enforcement.

3. eung dong vs hye won vs seo ju: the bermuda triangle! -- winner: eun dong. bad loser: hye won who hasn't learned a thing and talks about her past where anyone could hear. woman should check her surroundings. draw: seo ju who has found out the truth and is now going to be mad, mad, mad!

4. power couple vs blink blink couple (seo ju / tae in vs hye won / jun hyuk): winner: power couple. they get to show off skinship with a wedding present plus threaten our baddies. @youngae ~ it was indeed fun to see power couple in action together. loser: blink blink couple who can't even sputter out a comeback threat as they get cornered.

people in this drama really need to eavesdrop better. no one knows how to do it including the jun hyuk's mom. kekeke... eun dong was standing at the door to lunch where anyone could see her back. umm, girl, if you are going to eavesdrop, please stand in the side of the door so no one realizes you standing there! ^_^ is anyone else excited about the formation of the mission duo - hye won's mom and jun hyuk's mom. these two are going to be so inept about whatever 'mission' they cook up. :lol:

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Saja La said:

Ohh, i liked that.... Next scene TI will be in his living room and his mom got so shock seeing TI sleeping and snoring on the floor. TI's mom woke him up and told him to go to his room to sleep off his drunkenness... He went in and lie on his bed that (the cover is full of disarray). Next morning, TI still in hangover state, came out of his room. His mom is setting up the table with the hangover soup. Then came out ED a min later, mom and TI was shock to see ED coming out of TI's room... ED was shock to see TI and his mom at her house, then just realized where she is, she is at TI's house. ...!!! Both can't remember what happened, but while mom was still in shock, ED was quick to come out from her shell shock to quickly say sorry and she quickly grab her coat and run the hell out of the house.... !!! TI and his mom could only stare at the front door where a second ago ED had left.... Both TI and his mom came out of their shocking state when TI's dad enter the living room and ask why are both of them looking at the front door.... 

Both got a bit awkward with each other. ED can't remember what happened at all... While they were on a photo shoot ( checking on HJH's project). TI, who had remember what happened like 5 mins ago had to closed his eyes on the photo shoot scenario setting.... It was a romantic setting by the fire after a day of skying with wine and marshmallow  and all..... As for ED, while looking at the photos being taken on the screen, ED had just remember (she'll remember the kiss she initiate, and TI pulling her into the car with him in order to sent them back home, TI only gave one address which was his house. ED had follow him in and she went straight to his room while TI just collapse at the living room floor.... ) TI, on the other hand, he will remember hugging his disarray "cover"( Ed was under the cover) after when his mom told him to go into his room...  TI left the photos hoot place and soon after that,  ED had to go the bathroom.... 

A flustered ED is in the bathroom splashing water on her face , once that doesn’t help she start fanning herself because she keeps remembering the Kiss . 
Meanwhile Tae In is outside , just staring into space with the expression giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296ec949d8701f99aa7d

And the events from last night keeps playing in a loop. Then SJ runs after calling his name out for 5 minutes and the. He snaps out of it. SJ convinces him to come back in and giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298b65321de396b1f384

They BUMP INTO ED and both of them stare at each other for a good two minutes and SJ is just fuming because her man is staring at another woman for a long time. Then they both go back into the studio to work. While working they try so hard not to bump into each other but the cosmet plain has other plans for them. Have them bump into each other a lot and then both abruptly say “ what!! 뭐) :lol::lol: when all of this is going on, everyone at the studio watch their weird behavior and that is how another rumor about them begins. @Saja La What do you think?

@Lmangla Yes TI does deserve her hate but TI never told them to kill a person to get his father a heart. He was going to report them but HW decided to to kill ED’s father and give his heart to Kang II Sub. He didn’t even know they found a donor until it was too late. They dragged TI into it by using his father’s heath as a bargaining chip. I say again he deserve to feel guilty and be harassed by ED. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... eun dong was standing at the door to lunch where anyone could see her back. umm, girl, if you are

They are all doing it. But ED is probably accompanying her boss and his fiance to the lunch. There was another scene which had her waiting outside, can't remember which episode.

I am looking forward to the mission of the two harpies.  Let's see who can make the most noise.

The writer so far has not deviated much from the romance/revenge genre except that the baddies are always caught flat footed. I hope he or she will not let off CJH and wife. They are just about the cause of all unethical activities.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Lmangla Yes TO does deserve her hate but TI never told them to kill a person to get his father a heart. He was going to report them but HW decided to to kill ED’s father and give his heart to Kang II Sub. He didn’t even know they found a donor until it was too late. They dragged TI into it by using his father’s heath as a bargaining chip. I say again he deserve to feel guilty and be harassed by ED. 

like you had mentioned earlier, if chairman han would have thought about it, he would have realized that something fishy was going up on how he got bumped up the list. similarly, given the push by tae in, it was obvious that the hospital gang would resort to unethical means or black market to get a new heart. it is not like a phone that one can replace immediately. there is a waiting period and tae in was pushing them to get one immediately. where exactly was a new heart going to come from? tae in didn't think it through as he was just emotional and only worried about his own father. so while he had no idea who was going to be a donor, he had already implicitly agreed that regardless of the means, it was fine as long as his father lives. but like I mentioned earlier, all sorts of things gets forgiven in dramaland. ^_^

12 minutes ago, maribella said:

The writer so far has not deviated much from the romance/revenge genre except that the baddies are always caught flat footed. I hope he or she will not let off CJH and wife. They are just about the cause of all unethical activities.

it actually makes it hilarious and entertaining to watch as I haven't seen baddies get caught flat footed so many times. it is kind of hilarious that they are so inept and yet they keep coming up with new schemes and somehow sail through. rather than getting exasperated like in usual revenge dramas, am laughing at every episode. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

like you had mentioned earlier, if chairman han would have thought about it, he would have realized that something fishy was going up on how he got bumped up the list. similarly, given the push by tae in, it was obvious that the hospital gang would resort to unethical means or black market to get a new heart

Well said chingu @Lmangla Kdrama dailies are so good at giving us such conflicting stories. Because I really like TI’a character and feel bad for him. I can’t help but try to defend him even though he is wrong. He made a choice to save his father. TBH o wonder what would we all do if were in such a similar situation. TbH I don’t know what I would do. I would want to say, I will report it but truthfully I would have to be in that situation to really know what I would do.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Well said chingu @Lmangla Kdrama dailies are so good at giving us such conflicting stories. Because I really like TI’a character and feel bad for him. I can’t help but try to defend him even though he is wrong. He made a choice to save his father. TBH o wonder what would we all do if were in such a similar situation. TbH I don’t know what I would do. I would want to say, I will report it but truthfully I would have to be in that situation to really know what I would do.

thats an interesting moral question to ask but honestly, tae in comes across as such a robot to me that I don't really have any feel for him. am liking eun dong despite her being half brain and what I love about her impulsiveness is that she is doing something. she is angry, she is hurt and she is not pretending otherwise. she is not saying that it is okay and instead spitting in their face. it seems like such a more honest, normal response.

am tired of doormat heroines in dailies who don't do anything but cry and just whimper helplessly like a kitten without claws. be a kitten but show some fangs and claws and defend yourself! please don't accept back your in-laws who mistreated you and take good care of them like an idiot. ugh! sorry rant from another daily :sweatingbullets:...

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

@Lmangla I am very choosy in kdrama I want to watch. I do hate Fl who weak and wimpy too . I have watched some drama where the FL is strong all the way to the end. But there are some who are strong but they fall in love they become so WEAKA AND WIMPY. It make so upset. So that is why O only choose revenge drama. I love the funkiness and once the FL becomes a doormat, I wait for the drama to complete and watch to the point where the action begins again. 

Kdrama daily  that have strong female leads all the way to the end 

http://asianwiki.com/Ice_Adonis

http://asianwiki.com/Good_Person

http://asianwiki.com/Abiding_Love_Dandelion

http://asianwiki.com/Sunny_Again_Tomorrow

http://asianwiki.com/Cheongdamdong_Scandal

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3

@UnniSarah ~ except for adonois (yellow boots) which I watched in bits and pieces, I haven't heard of these other two. will keep them on my drama list for future to check out.

8 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I do hate Fl who weak and wimpy too .

I don't mind wimpy leads as long as they are honest about how they feel. for example if you have a lead who is soft nature and struggles to speak up -- that seems more believable that even though they are angry inside, they are unable to communicate. we all struggle to stand up for ourselves at times and so that is relatable.

what I hate is wimpy leads who become doormats and enable bad behaviour because they can't tell toxic people off. they accept bad behaviour as normal and forgivable. that just annoys me so much. there is a huge difference between forgiveness, redemption and being walked all over. sometimes, the writers think that redemption arcs mean everyone should just roll over and have amnesia and forget what people did. umm, that's now how life works. ugh. instead, have characters spit on and accept they did indeed do terrible things and work on their redemption. then we can root for them to be forgiven.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

@UnniSarah ~ except for adonois (yellow boots) which I watched in bits and pieces, I haven't heard of these other two. will keep them on my drama list for future to check out.

I don't mind wimpy leads as long as they are honest about how they feel. for example if you have a lead who is soft nature and struggles to speak up -- that seems more believable that even though they are angry inside, they are unable to communicate. we all struggle to stand up for ourselves at times and so that is relatable.

what I hate is wimpy leads who become doormats and enable bad behaviour because they can't tell toxic people off. they accept bad behaviour as normal and forgivable. that just annoys me so much. there is a huge difference between forgiveness, redemption and being walked all over. sometimes, the writers think that redemption arcs mean everyone should just roll over and have amnesia and forget what people did. umm, that's now how life works. ugh. instead, have characters spit on and accept they did indeed do terrible things and work on their redemption. then we can root for them to be forgiven.

So very true , I hate those the most. I have seen drama where the unforgivable is forgiven. I just accept that as this Drama land.  

• Like 5

Wooaahhh....you guys have whole script for drama writers regarding TI-EDB)

Well as for discussions regarding TI selling his soul to Satan CJH in exchange of his father....welll...that's something that can't be avoided . Well I would end up doing the same in given situation to save my father and lock my ethics in storeroom for sometime. Later I would try to redeem like TI  is doing now.

But as ED, I would try to dig more to find real culprit rather then going for a blackmailed victim . TI neither directly or indirectly kill ED dad nor caused her jail sentence . Yes he did not jail the culprits , well ED can do it now . It's ED's  fight for justice  , she must do it herself , now whom she chooses as allies and whom she punishes depends on her common sense which she has anyways scanty .

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, gutibear said:

For those who might interested, short clips from today eps are available at youtube channel KBS Drama. 

ED revenge mode ON. She's planning on something.

ohh yess..the last expression on ED's is scary

aigooo...uri paboo half brainer heroine 

oh well, i hope her being dumb is not too dragging

on another side, ED's sudden hug shock TI

but i doubt it makes any great impact yet on TI

need more spices to blow up :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Preview for tommorow eps

Though i said that i hope ED's being dummy wont be long,

i like how she always confront & kinda provoke TI like at the last scene of the preview above

Good thing she doesnt hide like @Lmangla said about being honest with her feeling

so perhaps TI will soon talk some sense to her & tell her the truth 

If not possible telling her, then do it when being drunk..he drink with her almost every night anyway :lol:

he may as well spill the truth out open, then she can get smarter & step up.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, gutibear said:

For those who might interested, short clips from today eps are available at youtube channel KBS Drama. 

ED revenge mode ON. She's planning on something.

It seems normal for a young woman to call a man ajusshi, sort of uncle, then make romantic moves? Long time ago Lee Dong Gun was in a show and his young wife called him ajusshi, still a wee bit weird to me.

If this is her new approach to make him fall for her,  break off his engagement and ruin his life, soon she is going to be really in love with him in a few episodes. As usual a spunky if knee jerking girl will become docile when she's in love and there goes her revenge. We will be bored silly.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, maribella said:

It seems normal for a young woman to call a man ajusshi, sort of uncle, then make romantic moves? Long time ago Lee Dong Gun was in a show and his young wife called him ajusshi, still a wee bit weird to me.

If this is her new approach to make him fall for her,  break off his engagement and ruin his life, soon she is going to be really in love with him in a few episodes. As usual a spunky if knee jerking girl will become docile when she's in love and there goes her revenge. We will be bored silly.

From the atmosphere & few words that i guess from the conversation, it seemed that ED was relieving the memory

& circumstance of them when they 1st met, if im not mistakenly guess...i have to confirm it tommorow after watching the subbed

Their age gap is sure big

i estimate when they 1st met TI was already in early 30s while ED was a senior highschooler

based on TI's success career story and ED & her Dad talked about her future career after highschool

That probably ranges from 12 to 16 years apart

For me personally, im not strange to big age gap couple as my late uncle was 14 years older than my aunt in law

He was kinda a workaholic, and my aunt in law was the same

They both had worked since their youth to support their family & their own life

i guess that similarity made them attracted to each other

Although perhaps it's not everyone's cup of tea,

since it happened to my own family, i dont feel strange for TI-ED's pairing

• Like 6

So CJH sis  finally came back, she is beautiful btw. Let old sparks fly between her and ED .

HW mom and Chj  on are real couple .Oh dear, that soon feeding scene ! how much HW mom cares for CJH mom,:Pif only HW and CJH had even ounce of love between them ! Did I see it right ? Hw is praggers  !

SJ mom and TI mom are having warm up fights, big show is yet to happen. SJ and her mom will be real pissed off once they realize ,they have been played off, once by TI mom and then by ED.They will be hell bent to destroy TI mom and ED . 

JH is winning hearts and proving himself in front of Chairman Han much to the dismay of SJ who is getting insecure.

Poor ED she is in conflict with herself. What to do with TI ? She must pluck rose petals to decide ,I hate TI, I love TI,I hate TI,I love TI and so on .Let's see what last petal says:lol:

And that Hug:wub:  that crying and then hardening face. Girl you are in love with him ,whatsoever you clench your teeth. Sigh!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I forgot about this show until today. Came back to read your comments and seems there’s not much character development and that the plot is going in circles with baddies being dumb, everyone dependent on the chairman, and ED still pulling revenge revenge face. Am I wrong?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1